Grupos de Google ya no admite publicaciones ni suscripciones nuevas de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue visible.

Lowbrow antenna question

5 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Don Del Grande

no leída,
19 mar 2007, 8:35:21 p.m.19/3/2007
para
Sorry for yet still even another "how do I make an antenna that..."
question, but I have no room for an outside antenna. Somebody
suggested the following: take about 40 feet of 16-18 gauge wire, wrap
it in a loop near the ceiling of the room with the radio, then connect
the ends, attach the now single end to an exposed end of a coax cable,
and connect the other end to the antenna jack (I have an Eton E1XM, so
the "other end" is an F-type plug connected to a Radio Shack F-to-PAL
adapters).
However, I seem to recall reading that tying the two ends together
doesn't work very well, and what I should be doing is connecting one
end to the coax wire while the other end is connected to the coax's
shielding so it can be grounded.

Do either of these sound like they would work reasonably well, or is
there something fundamentally wrong with the idea, and I should be
trying something more along the lines of "get as much wire as you can
run along as many walls of your house as you can and connect one end
to (choose one: the antenna jack, the radio's whip antenna)?

-- Don

David

no leída,
19 mar 2007, 10:30:51 p.m.19/3/2007
para

Use the jack if it has one. I'd try an ''L'' along the two longest
adjacent walls (up by the ceiling) first, before worrying about loops
and such. Loops are great antennas but they need to be vari-tuned.

All dimmers and halogen torchierres must be off. TVs and computers
don't help either. An active antenna in the window or outside would
work pretty well.

Telamon

no leída,
19 mar 2007, 11:50:11 p.m.19/3/2007
para
In article <e4luv2tljrbpek8n3...@4ax.com>,
David <ric...@knac.com> wrote:

Loop antennas don't need to be tuned but your right not to worry about
loop antennas because they sure don't worry about you.

> All dimmers and halogen torchierres must be off. TVs and computers
> don't help either.

With the common mode antenna you propose you bet.

> An active antenna in the window or outside would work pretty well.

This is the sort of thing that happens when you don't worry about loop
antennas.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

JeroenK

no leída,
20 mar 2007, 3:20:53 a.m.20/3/2007
para
Telamon schreef:

>> An active antenna in the window or outside would work pretty well.
>
> This is the sort of thing that happens when you don't worry about loop
> antennas.

This will be a fun project, that will end up with a VERY usable antenna.
I've made one myself and have had heaps of fun with it.

http://www.kr1st.com/swlloop.htm

--
JeroenK

RHF

no leída,
20 mar 2007, 4:44:12 a.m.20/3/2007
para
On Mar 19, 5:35 pm, Don Del Grande <del_grande_n...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

DDG,

When you put the Wire Antenna Element 'in-side' the House
smack-in-the-middle of all the Man-Made-Noise inside the
House : A Balanced Antenna and Feed-in-Line is one of the
better types of Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antennas to used.
So the Dipole and Loop Antennas are preferred as Balanced
{Noise-Cancelling} vice any of the Un-balanced Antennas
like a Longwire {Random Wire} Antenna or Vertical {Whip}
Antenna.

Around-the-Room Loop-and-Dipole Shortwave Listeners
(SWL) Antenna - You Got To Switch It To Try It !

A Single (1) Turn of Wire Around-the-Room near the Ceiling
can be a reasonable size indoor Shortwave Listening (SWL)
Antenna.

* Used 300 Ohm TV Twin Lead as a Feed-in-Line from the
Ceiling to the Radio. At the Loop Antenna End connect
one-end of the Loop to one side of the Twin Lead and the
other-end of the Loop to the other side of the Twin Lead.
At the Radio End of the Twin Lead use a TV type 300 Ohm
to 75 Ohm Matching Transformer between the Twin Lead
and the Adapter used to connect to the Radio.

* Or used 75 Ohm TV RG6 Coax Cable as a Feed-in-Line
from the Ceiling to the Radio. Use a TV type 300 Ohm to
75 Ohm Matching Transformer between the Loop Antenna
and the Coax Cable. Connect the Coax Cable to the Adapter
used to connect to the Radio.

Some Shortwave Listeners have used 300 Ohm TV type
Twin Lead for the Single Turn Loop Antenna Element.

A - Wired one way the Twin Lead can form a Two Element
{Parallel} Single Turn Loop Antenna .
1a-----------------------------------------------------1b
2a-----------------------------------------------------2b
Where 1a and 2a are connected together as one Loop End
and 1b and 2b are connected together as the other Loop End.

B - Wired another way the Twin Lead can form a
Single Element Two Turn {Series} Loop Antenna.
1a-----------------------------------------------------1b
2a-----------------------------------------------------2b
Where 1a and 2b are the Loop Ends with 1b and
2a are 'connected'.

C - Wired differently the Twin Lead can form a Bent Dipole
Antenna {Bent-Around-the-Room} that is folded back-on
itself.
1a-----------------------------------------------------1b
2a-----------------------------------------------------2b
Where 1a and 2b are the Loop Ends with 1b and 2a are
NOT 'connected'.

Each of these Wiring Schemes A, B and C may produce
different results depending on your in-side conditions and
the location of the Wire Antenna Element. The switch
over from B to C can be done with a simple SPST Switch
placed at the Ceiling junction of the Loop Ends.

hope this helps - iane ~ RHF {pomkia}
.
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antennas Group => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
The SWL Antenna Discussion Group => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna HELP => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna NEWS => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna INFO => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
* * * All Are Welcome : Including ELMERS and 'Want-to-be-Elmers'
plus plain old "Mister-Know-It-Alls"; and even those Newbees with
"I Know This Is A Really Dumb Question - But _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ "
.
The Shortwave Listener's Blessing :
SWL BLESSING => http://tinyurl.com/s2bjm
May You Never Tire of Listening to the Radio and Always
have Strong Signals and Noise Free Reception ~ RHF {ibid}
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/9233
.
Tous Sont Bienvenus ! - - - Groupe par Radio
d'auditeur d'onde courte pour des Antennes de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Alle Sind Willkommen ! - - - Shortwave Radiozuhörer
Gruppe für SWL Antennen
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Tutti Sono Benvenuti ! - - - Gruppo Radiofonico
dell'ascoltatore di onda corta per le Antenne di SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Todos São Bem-vindos ! - - - Grupo de Rádio
do ouvinte do Shortwave para Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Все Радушны ! - - - Группа оператора
на приеме коротковолнового диапазона
Radio для Aнтенн SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
¡Todos Son Agradables! - - - Grupo de Radio del oyente
de la onda corta para las Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
= = = = Plain Old American-English Translation = = = =
All are Welcome - - - To Join the Shortwave Listeners
(SWL) Antenna Group on YAHOO !
.

/ \
.......!.......

David

no leída,
20 mar 2007, 9:01:52 a.m.20/3/2007
para
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 03:50:11 GMT, Telamon
<telamon_s...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote:

>Loop antennas don't need to be tuned but your right not to worry about
>loop antennas because they sure don't worry about you.
>

>> An active antenna in the window or outside would work pretty well.

>This is the sort of thing that happens when you don't worry about loop
>antennas.

There are active loop antennas that are made to go in the window or
outside. They have tuners.

Bob Miller

no leída,
20 mar 2007, 2:26:37 p.m.20/3/2007
para
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:35:21 -0700, Don Del Grande
<del_gra...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Sorry for yet still even another "how do I make an antenna that..."
>question, but I have no room for an outside antenna. Somebody
>suggested the following: take about 40 feet of 16-18 gauge wire, wrap
>it in a loop near the ceiling of the room with the radio, then connect
>the ends, attach the now single end to an exposed end of a coax cable,
>and connect the other end to the antenna jack (I have an Eton E1XM, so
>the "other end" is an F-type plug connected to a Radio Shack F-to-PAL
>adapters).
>However, I seem to recall reading that tying the two ends together
>doesn't work very well, and what I should be doing is connecting one
>end to the coax wire while the other end is connected to the coax's
>shielding so it can be grounded.

That's how most loops are set up. Whether this alternative idea of
tying the ends together would work better or worse, I don't know.

bob
k5qwg

Telamon

no leída,
20 mar 2007, 10:29:02 p.m.20/3/2007
para
In article <eto20n$an2$1...@news3.zwoll1.ov.home.nl>, JeroenK <i...@val.id>
wrote:

Tuned loops can be fun but you can make a larger one at small cost that
will work well and does not need to be tuned or amplified.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF

no leída,
20 mar 2007, 10:48:49 p.m.20/3/2007
para
On Mar 20, 11:26 am, Bob Miller <NOS...@neosoft.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:35:21 -0700, Don Del Grande
>
> <del_grande_n...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >Sorry for yet still even another "how do I make an antenna that..."
> >question, but I have no room for an outside antenna. Somebody
> >suggested the following: take about 40 feet of 16-18 gauge wire, wrap
> >it in a loop near the ceiling of the room with the radio, then connect
> >the ends, attach the now single end to an exposed end of a coax cable,
> >and connect the other end to the antenna jack (I have an Eton E1XM, so
> >the "other end" is an F-type plug connected to a Radio Shack F-to-PAL
> >adapters).
> >However, I seem to recall reading that tying the two ends together
> >doesn't work very well, and what I should be doing is connecting one
> >end to the coax wire while the other end is connected to the coax's
> >shielding so it can be grounded.
>
> That's how most loops are set up. Whether this alternative idea of
> tying the ends together would work better or worse, I don't know.
>
> bob
> k5qwg

Why not try putting a Switch 'across' the Ends
of the Loop Antenna Element :
Open - It's a basic Loop Antenna
Closed - It's a 'shorted' Ring-of-Wire {Random Wire} Antenna

-OR- Simply use a short 'jumper' to Close-the-Loop
and Experiment with the Ring-of-Wire alternative.

yes it is that simple - iane ~ RHF
.
.
. .

> >Do either of these sound like they would work reasonably well, or is
> >there something fundamentally wrong with the idea, and I should be
> >trying something more along the lines of "get as much wire as you can
> >run along as many walls of your house as you can and connect one end
> >to (choose one: the antenna jack, the radio's whip antenna)?
>

> >-- Don- Hide quoted text -

RHF

no leída,
20 mar 2007, 11:12:44 p.m.20/3/2007
para
On Mar 20, 7:29 pm, Telamon
<telamon_spamshi...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote:
> In article <eto20n$an...@news3.zwoll1.ov.home.nl>, JeroenK <i...@val.id>

"BUILD YOUR OWN - IN-SIDE-THE-ROOM LOOP ANTENNA

An RG8 Coax Cable Loop Antenna used with an Active
Pre-Selector could be a low cost 'better radio reception'
answer then and Around-the-Room Loop Antenna.

A simple "One-Turn" Coax Cable {Shielded} Loop Antenna
Thirteen Foot (13') RG8 Coax Cable Loop Antenna Element with
a Four Foot (4') Diameter and a Three Foot (3') Feed-in-Line
with PL-259 Plug; for a Total Length of 16 Feet .
LOOP INFO => http://tinyurl.com/8k7o6
Has a Signal Capture Area (Aperture) of about 1808 Sq In
and can be used with many of the MFJ Active Pre-Selectors
MFJ-959; MFJ-1020; MFJ-1040; MFJ-1045; etc to provide an In-Door
Low Noise Loop Antenna to Null-Out many 'local' Noise Source.

Read - Building the GreerTech Coax Cable [Shielded] Loop Antennas
GREERTECH => http://tinyurl.com/9der2

Basic Coax Cable Loop Antenna Diagram
http://www.iri.tudelft.nl/~geurink/images/coupling_loop_schematic.jpg

READ - Coax Cable [Shielded] Loop Antennas {GreerTech}
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/1625

1 - Hook a Coax Cable {Shielded} Loop Antenna to the back
of a MFJ-1020 In-Door Active Antenna and Pre-Selector.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/1413rear.jpg
2 - Remove the small Whip Antenna from the MFJ-1020
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/1413.html
3- You now have an Active {Tuned} Loop Antenna.
4 - Connect the Output of the MFJ-1020 to the Radio
via a short Coax Cable.

A 'small' Two Foot Diameter {Six Foot Circle} Loop Element
on the Window can work well with the MFJ-1020 when NO
out-side Antenna is permitted -and- a larger Loop in the
Room is not allowed.

A 'larger' Five Foot Diameter {Sixteen Foot Circle} Loop
Element on the Wall will work well by itself when NO
out-side Antenna is permitted -and- a larger Loop in the
Room is doable. Hide the Loop behind the Draps of Curtains.

iane ~ RHF
.

/ \

0 mensajes nuevos