Buyer's Question - SRIII vs. S350

radio...@yahoo.com

Mar 30, 2005, 9:24:10 AM3/30/05
Hello. I've been hanging around for a little while browsing the NG,
reading opinions about different radios lately. I'm in the market to
get a radio that will primarily be used for AM DX'ing. I've got only
$100 to spend and I wanted to hear from those who had both the
Superadio III and the Grundig S350. I know in a sense this is comparing
apples to oranges, but I've heard many good things about both radios.

I know this is a shortwave group, but I figured if I chose to get the
S350 that I could listen to shortwave. I've done research on both
radios and know what they have and what they don't have. Some of these
questions have a couple parts to them. Here are the questions I have:

1) How is the sensitivity on both radios on both AM and FM? Is one
radio a good deal more sensitive than the other, or are they fairly
close?

2) How is the selectivity on both radios on both AM and FM? Is one
radio a good deal more selective than the other, or are they fairly
close?

3) How good is the quality on both radios? I mean such as the "feel",
the knobs, the switches, etc.

4) I live on the east coast and I primarily listen to 650 AM WSM, and
mostly to the Grand Ol' Opry. One of the main reasons I'm getting a new
radio is because my basic (VERY basic) radios drift on 650 AM, very
badly. How would both radios handle 650 AM WSM, if anyone listens to
the station?

5) How good is the S350 on shortwave? A little drift doesn't bother me.
I can put up with even a tad of moderate drift.

6) I've heard that the S350 could be found some places selling for $50,
does anyone know of any online resellers that are selling the S350 for
$50 EXCLUDING eBay? The reason for asking is that if I could find one
for $50 or $60 I could then afford to get both radios.

7) I've also heard of one main problem with the SRIII. I've heard that
the dial is very inaccurate. How true is this and it is a huge problem
and can it be fixed?

8) Overall, with all things considered, if you could get either radio,
which one would you choose and why?

I also know that these radios don't have presets, PLL and other extras,
but that doesn't bother me. I've also considered other radios in the
price range and it came down to these two, mainly because they're both
analog radios, which I like better than digital. I also realize the
S350 has analog tuning with a digital readout.

I'm sorry for all the questions but I figured this was the best place
to come to ask this question. Thanks for reading. :-)

Jim

Joe Analssandrini

Mar 30, 2005, 12:30:43 PM3/30/05
Dear Jim,

You're not going to like my answer as it does not truly address your
questions, but, owning all three versions of the GE Superadio and
appreciating their positive attributes, nonetheless I have "retired"
all but one which I sometimes use strictly for local FM (performance of
which is very good). I do not own a Grundig S350 but, having seen
several in local stores, I am not impressed. Personally, I would never
buy one (even with its fantastic looks and sound quality). In my
opinion, it is more style than substance.

The radios are probably "okay" for MW ("AM") DXing but if you can just
"swing" a few dollars more you could buy a radio which is far better
than both: the Sony ICF-SW7600GR which you can find for about $130.00
(from J&R Music World, among other dealers). You would find that this
radio is just as sensitive on MW's as either of the two you mention
and, with its digital readout and, especially, its synchronous
detection circuit, it just "blows" away those other two. No kidding.

You're correct that "memories" are of little importance to many of us,
but PLL is not an "extra." It is a virtual necessity for DXing.

You asked about selectivity: the Sony is FAR better that either the GE
or the Grundig even though those two have two "bandwidths." The Sony's
synchronous selectable-sideband circuitry allows you to eliminate
selective fading distortion (which, have you ever noticed, ALWAYS
occurs during station ID! ;-) ) and to also pick the sideband with less
interference. (For example if you lived near New York which has a
strong station WFAN on 660 kHz and you want to listen to WSM 650 kHz,
you would get a lot of "splatter" from 660 on 650 making listening
difficult if not impossible with the GE and the Grundig. However, with
the Sony, you could switch in the sync circuit to LSB on 650 and
virtually eliminate 660. This is an example only; I do not live near
New York nor have I presonally every tried that particular frequency,
but I have done the same thing with other stations.)

Another beauty of the radio is that you can supply it with certain
accessories as money allows. To get even better "sound," the Sony's
weakest point, you can buy a cable from Radio Shack to run the sound
from the line output through your stereo system. Very inexpensive. Then
the sound is limited only by your stereo. Or you could buy an amplified
(computer) speaker set, a somewhat more expensive option. To improve
the MW reception, you can buy a Select-A-Tenna (or the similar Terk)
which works inductively (does not require any wire hookup); putting the
Select-A-Tenna and the Sony ICF-SW7600GR on an inexpensive "lazy susan"
you can really "null out" co-channel interference and/or boost
reception of very weak signals. (Note that the Select-A-Tenna would
also work well with the GE and the Grundig and you CAN attach a
moderate long-wire antenna to the GE and, within reason, it works well
with little overloading. I do not know how the Grundig would work with
a long-wire on MW. You CANNOT physically attach a long-wire or other
antenna for MW reception to the Sony, but, as the Select-A-Tenna works
so well, that is unimportant, in my opinion. The Sony's antenna
connection is for short wave reception only.)

These "options," which, as I said, you could purchase at your
convenience, are not 100% necessary. You may find that, for your
purposes, the radio alone is all you need.

Plus, of course, the Sony is a very good performer on short wave even
with just its whip antenna. (A simple "clip-on" wind-up wire antenna is
packed with the radio and sometimes offers a bit of improvement in
reception of SW.) If you do decide to pursue short wave listening, the
Sony can handle a fairly good external antenna (especially good, though
sometimes hard-to-find is the Sony AN-LP1 "collapsible" loop antenna,
which works very well with the radio and is convenient for travel as
well).

It is my advice to you (for what it's worth) to try to save just a few
dollars more and buy the Sony. It is just a much better radio than
either the GE or Grundig and far more flexible in operation. I believe
the performance and pleasure you derive from it will more then make up
for any financial sacrifice you may need to make.

In addition, the Sony's quality of construction, at least in my
experience, is much better than either of the other two radios. There
is nothing that can be done to improve the GE's dial inaccuracy and its
mediocre construction quality may loom large. (The Grundig's
construction quality appears to me to be equally mediocre.)

Please pardon this long answer which didn't really address your
question. You can gather that I am very positive about the Sony
ICF-SW7600GR (and rather negative about the GE Superadios, with all
three series of which I have had extensive experience).

Frankly, I regard the Sony as the best small portable radio being
manufactured at the present time.

At its current price, it is nothing short of a bargain.

All my best wishes to you,

Joe

cuh...@webtv.net

Mar 30, 2005, 12:43:43 PM3/30/05
Check the thrift stores and junk shops and fleamarkets and local
newspapers online and offline in your area and you might find a better
radio for much less money.The second batch of GE Super Radios are not as
good as the first batch of them,or so I once read somewhere a few years
ago.I think the second batch of them are made in a different
country.Same as those windup radios that were originally made in Africa
and then they started building them in China and the quality went to
pot.
cuhulin

radio...@yahoo.com

Mar 30, 2005, 1:59:20 PM3/30/05
I want to thank you for your opinions so far. I wanted to clarify
something I mentioned earlier. I have looked at all of the options
everyone has mentioned, such as the Sony and the Degan,but I came to
the conclusion, based on what I will be using it for (which wouldn't be
too much), that either one of these would fit my needs. As for other
portables, I've looked into other portables, I'd just like to know
about these two from anyone who has them. :-)

I'd like to hear some more opinions about these two radios from anyone
who has either of them or both. Thanks again.

Jim.

cuh...@webtv.net

Mar 30, 2005, 2:22:12 PM3/30/05
Stay away from them selecatennas,they are no good at all.I know! I once
bought one from www.ccrane.com (ccrane is a RIPP OFF) and I bought
two radios from ccrane too.(That was about seven years ago) The first
radio I bought from ccrane when I also bought a selectatenna (the
selectatenna I bought back then cost about $57.00 and it did NOT work at
all!) was the one those kooks Art Bell and George Noory tout so much,the
Sangean one that has AM/FM/TV/Weather bands,it cost about $164.00 (a
cheap piece of over rated over priced piece of no good JUNK!) and I
bought a Sangean ATS 909 shortwave radio too.(another piece of over
rated over priced piece of junk!) I sent that JUNK! back to ccrane
company.(By the way,those Sangean radios are real good at loseing the
digital displays on them,or so I have read more than a few times before)
I have never owned a Sony 7600 GR radio before,but from what I have read
about them,I think next month,I am going to buy one from J&R.
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Mar 30, 2005, 2:29:12 PM3/30/05
And Definately,most Definately,don't buy a Tiny Tenna unless you just
want to throw your money away on a two bit piece of JUNK! that does NOT
work at ALL.I Know! I have one right here and it did not work when it
got here and it still does NOT work at all either.I have never owned a
GE Super Radio or a Grundig Radio you speak of.I think it is best to
take Joe's advice about the Sony 7600 GR Radios.
cuhulin

John Plimmer

Mar 30, 2005, 3:10:08 PM3/30/05
Remember, on this group you are going to get all sorts of opinions - some
weird and some plain dead wrong. caveat emptor
I have a GE SRIII and can say without fear or favour that it will be the
most likely to get that faint MW station you are trying for.
I have owned many portables Sony 2010,7600 and various Sangeans, but on AM
MW the GE SRIII stands head and shoulders above the rest for getting that
really faint far off DX on AM MW.

I once got WWKB Buffalo NY on it without an external antenna and that
station is 8,000 miles away from this QTH!
I have only one AM MW station some distance away and the ONLY portable that
can pick up this station with listenable quality is my SRIII

Yes, the knobs are a bit wobbly and the tuning dial is very inaccurate, but
it does not drift and for getting that single station you are after it will
seriously outperform all the other portables on AM MW.

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
RX Drake R8B, SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D GE SRIII
BW XCR 30, Braun T1000, Sangean 818 & 803A.
Hallicrafters SX-100, Eddystone 940
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

<radio...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

garya...@aol.com

Mar 30, 2005, 3:27:09 PM3/30/05

Jim,

I have owned both the GE SRIII and the Grundig S350. After receiving
the Grundig S350, I sold the GE.

The Grundig S350 is fantastic, ESPECIALLY on the low end of the AM
(medium wave) band. Exceptional sensitivity AND selectivity. I live
in central California and wanted to get 610 KFRC from San Francisco,
about 200 miles from me. The S350 beat everything else I have,
including the Grundig Satellit 800, the Panasonic RF-2200, the CCRadio,
and the GE SRIII. The SR350 was the only one that could eliminate a
strong signal from 620, and could normally due it even with the wide
band filter by rotating the radio. When conditions are such that the
wide filter doesn't eliminate all of 620, I merely use the narrow
filter. Although the Satellit 800 could eliminate signals on 620 by
using selectable sideband sync detection, sensitivity wasn't good
enough without using an external antenna.

After receiving the S350 I not only sold the GE, but also sold the
Panasonic RF-2200 as the S350 proved to produce better reception except
on FM. The Panasonic really shines on FM.

The Grundig S350 is also very sensitive on FM. Not as selective as I
would like, but it still beats the SRIII.

The dial on the SRIII was way off on my set. I much prefer the S350
digital readout, which I find on my set to be exactly as it shows.
Drift on MW is minimal.

The GE, with it's larger and two-speaker system, of course has the best
sound. But the S350 sounds great for its size.

Sensitivity on the GE and the S350 are probably about the same. But
selectivity is much better on the S350. The narrow bandwidth really
works great on both MW and SW.

The S350 does overload on strong signals, but it has a variable RF
control. I have found you need patience when using the RF control as
you can also eliminate a lot of interference using it.

The S350 is on sale at NormThompson.com for $74.50. It is the best buy
I've ever made on a radio (I paid the full retail price), and I might
mention it is a lot of fun to play with. I use the alarm feature on
the radio which really comes in handy.

There is NO question in my mind -- the Grundig S350 is TOPS for the
price. Even beats the Grundig YB400 on shortwave because the S350 has
a near zero noise level, so signals covered up with hissing sounds on
the YB400 are crystal clear on the S350.

cuh...@webtv.net

Mar 30, 2005, 7:46:34 PM3/30/05
Opinions do vary,that is for sure.I think I will pick up my phone and
order a Sony 7600 GR radio from J&R tonight or in the morning.I want to
try one out.
cuhulin

Li Changchun

Mar 30, 2005, 8:36:33 PM3/30/05
Head on down to the corner and start panhandling for change. Or perhaps
sell some pencils or start a shoeshine business. In about a week or ten
days you would have
accumulated at least $40 more dollars. That would give you a grand total of
about $140. Enough to buy a really good Sony ICF7600GR portable which will
blow the underwear off those other two mediocre radios and includes SSB &
Synch-Detector to boot.

<radio...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Joe Analssandrini

Mar 30, 2005, 9:48:34 PM3/30/05
Dear "Cuhulin,"

It's a pity that the gentleman who started this thread is insistent
upon comparing just the Grundig S350 and the GE Superadio III, both of
which are, in my opinion, mediocre RF designs and, what is worse,
they're poorly constructed (the S350 in China and, though my early III
model was made in Maylaysia, nowadays I'm sure that the GE Superadio is
made in China as well and to a pretty poor construction standard - even
my Maylaysian-made one, indeed all of my samples, is certainly no
barn-burner).

That's not to say that ALL products made in China are poor, however.
Some are good - the Sony ICF-SW35 for example - but most ARE poor. They
do not hold up over the long haul, at least in my personal experience.
(I evidently have had the same experience with Sangean models that you
have had; they just don't last. I won't buy any more of their products;
I work too hard for my money as I'm sure you do.)

The Sony ICF-SW7600GR is made in Japan and to a very high and
consistent construction standard. I know. I own two (2) ICF-SW7600G
models (the predecessor to the current model) and three (3) ICF-7600GR
models. Yes, I have read that a few people have had quality-control
"issues," but I have not. All five, which were purchased from Universal
Radio, arrived in perfect condition and have remained that way. All are
in current use. The oldest is seven years old and the youngest is three
years old.

You won't go wrong in buying the radio from J&R Music World. I have
dealt with them for many years and have always found them fair and
reliable. Their packing is first-rate. If you do unfortunately happen
to get a "dud," they'll exchange it for you right away and with minimal
inconvenience on your part. And, at least in the case of the '7600GR,
right now their price can't be beat.

Please let us all know your impressions of the radio when you do get
it. Remember - it's not "perfect;" most notably its image-rejection is
not all it should be, but, by and large, it is a superb instrument and,
as I've stated, in my opinion it is the best small portable radio being
made today.

I wish we could persuade the creator of this thread to reconsider, but,
of course, his choice is his choice and that's nobody's business but
his own.

I hope he'll be happy with whichever of those two radios he buys, but
I'm afraid I believe he'll regret his purchase. I hope I'm wrong in
this assessment.

I do wish you the very best of luck with the ICF-SW7600GR and I hope it
brings you many hours of entertainment and enjoyment.

Best,

Joe (Opinionated but Lovable!)

P.S. I do have to disagree with you about the Select-A-Tenna. Yes it is
priced higher than it need be, but, at least in my experience, it works
very well indeed, especially with the Sony radio. It looks "cheap," but
it holds up. Mine is about ten or twelve years old, I believe. (Maybe
older.) I bought it from the Herrington catalog.

>Opinions do vary, that is for sure. I think I will pick up my phone
and
>order a Sony 7600GRradio from J&R tonight or in the morning. I want to
>try one out.
>cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Mar 30, 2005, 11:14:32 PM3/30/05
Joe,I am not kidding at all about the select-a-tenna.I ordered the
lowest price select-a-tenna (about $57.00) at the same time I ordered
the Sangean AM/FM/TV/Weather radio from ccrane company.That was about
seven years ago.I read the select-a-tenna directions carefully and I
tried that select-a-tenna gadget every which a way from sundown and in
all kinds of positions only my girlfriend knows about.I could not notice
any impovement at all in the reception of that radio and some of my
other radios I have here either with that select-a-tenna or without that
select-a-tenna.I am glad you are having good luck with your
select-a-tenna though.I have been burned twice on two antennas I have
bought before,my Tiny-Tenna and that select-a-tenna I sent back to
ccrane company with that Sangean radio and I also sent back the Sangean
ATS 909 radio to ccrane company too.I am going to buy a Sony 7600 GR
radio from J&R and if I am not more than satisfactorily impressed with
that radio when it gets here,back to J&R it goes.Sometimes,I think I
have better luck buying my old radios from Goodwill and other similar
junk shops.
cuhulin

RHF

Mar 30, 2005, 11:51:22 PM3/30/05
JIM,
.
You can get the GE Superadio III on Amazon .Com
for about $38 with Free Shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000J061/102-1881522-5496114

.
You can get the Tecsun BCL-2000 {Grundig S350} on eBay
* eBay Seller "LIYPN" Price $78 which includes Shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5712212985
* eBay Seller "BROCHHI" Price $75 which includes Shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5764026281
.
If you buy the Tecsun BCL-2000
then get the "RED" one.
Its sure a pretty Radio.
.
hope this helps ~ RHF
.
Here is a Link/URL for the GE Superadio III Radio eGroup on YAHOO !
.
Here is a Link/URL for the Grundig S350 Radio
and Tecsun BCL-2000 Radio eGroup on YAHOO !
.
.

Joe Analssandrini

Mar 31, 2005, 12:32:21 AM3/31/05
Dear "Cuhulin,"

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Sony ICF-SW7600GR. If you
value quality-construction in a portable radio, along with very good
performance, I believe you will really appreciate this receiver.

As I stated it has its flaws; ALL sophisticated short wave radios do.
But this radio has been in production for many years; the 'GR is really
just a "refinement" of the 'G model which debuted in 1994 - it adds
more memories and those memories are now non-volatile - but performance
(and build-quality) is the same.

If "number one" hadn't been any good, I wouldn't have bought "number
two," "number three," "number four," or "number five!"

By the way, you might want to consider buying rechargeable NiMH
batteries for the radio. (Look for ones with 2000 mAh rating.) This
makes operation very economical. Don't waste your money on an
AC-adapter; it's not necessary, the ones offered are
exhorbitantly-priced, and some add "noise." Those rechargeable
batteries last a VERY long time and then you just recharge them!

Sorry about your experience with Select-A-Tenna. Mine works just fine
and really improves MW DXing. I even use it sometimes with my Grundig
Satellit 800. I have never been tempted by the "Tiny-Tenna." I like the
Sony AN-LP1 antenna with the '7600's; it's especially convenient for
travel. The AOR WL500 Window Loop antenna, though far more expensive,
also PERFORMS far better.

By the way, I have noticed some of your comments elsewhere regarding
the Wellbrook ALA 330S antenna being "overpriced" and a design you
could duplicate yourself. Well, I own one. Many people have tried to
duplicate it but, so far, none have succeeded. In my location, which
has an abundance of local electrical noise and other forms of
interference, the Wellbrook antenna has been nothing short of a miracle
and, believe me, I have tried many, many antennas over the years. The
Wellbrook works. Period. There is currently NO other comparable
antenna. If you're lucky enough to live in an electrically-quiet area,
well, a long-wire or other similar outdoor antenna is generally the
best you can have and all you need (I wish I could have one), but if,
like myself, your location is "less than ideal" electrically-wise, then
you must experience the Wellbrook to believe it. I bought mine out of
desperation; it's the best money I've ever spent (on the short wave
hobby). I can't have any outdoor antenna due to HOA restrictions, but,
with the Wellbrook, I don't need one. (Mine is attic-mounted on a
rotator.) The signal-to-noise ratio it offers is breathtaking. I don't
know what Andy Ikin puts into his antennas, and, frankly, I don't care.
It's enough that he makes the antenna available to us and for that I am
eternally grateful to him.

Sorry about the "diatribe" and for being somewhat OT on this thread.
Again, I wish you the best of luck with your new Sony radio.

I see in the previous post "RHF's" listing of some dealers from whom to
buy the GE and/or the Grundig. The listing is good. If price is
paramount, then "Radiodud" might as well go with the GE for $38.00 but
I firmly believe it is money thrown out.

Best,

Joe (As always, Opinionated but Lovable! - and, regarding the GE
Superadios, The Voice of [Sad] Experience)

cuh...@webtv.net

Mar 31, 2005, 1:35:50 AM3/31/05
Joe,there is a radio station in Monticello,Mississippi and I think that
radio station is only on the air in the daytime.I think you can find
that radio station at, www.forthepeople.org in Chuck Harder's radio
station list somewhere around there or www.dogpile.com Radio
Stations Mississippi or Mississippi Radio Stations

I live in the West side of Jackson,Mississippi and I do not believe
there is a radio in the World,be it a super super duper radio that cost
$80,000 or ten million hundred million and eighty thousand dollars that
can pick up that radio station in Monticello,Mississippi and this is
flatland territory around here (we are not hillbillys) and nothing much
of anything between Jackson and Monticello that would interrupt any
radio signals.I realize it is a low power (I think) radio station in
Monticello.I would just love to see such a radio.Monticello isn't all
that far from Jackson either,about 70 something miles or so,you can look
it up in a Rand McNally Road Atlas if you want to.By the way,back in the
1970's,I bought a 1922 Ford T model chassis for $250.00 from a guy in
Monticello.His wife was having a baby and they already had a house full
of kids.Well,y'all know how that goes :{)
cuhulin

radio...@yahoo.com

Mar 31, 2005, 7:22:25 AM3/31/05
Hello again. I wanted to say thank you to those who stayed on topic and
answered the questions I asked. It's a refreshing change of pace for a
newsgroup. As for the gentleman who was wondering why I insisted on
just comparing these two. I have my reasons, and no matter how "dumb"
it sounds, here they are:

1) In the first place, I know that I wouldn't be using this radio for
VERY serious AM DX'ing. At least for the price, which brings me to my
next point.

2) Price. I'm considering either one of these models because in one
place, I had heard that sometimes the S350 goes for $50 to $60 and that
generally the SRIII goes for $40 to $50, but I could spend up to $100,
no more.

3) I don't care for digital tuning. Even though digital is the "wave of
the future", I just do not care for digital tuning at all. I like
tuning knobs and that ol' school feel. For this reason, and other
reasons, the Sony is out.

To the gentleman who recommended the Sony. I really do appreciate your
recommendation, and I do know about Sony and their overall good
quality. The features it has are purely overkill and the radio even at
$30 more than $100, is too expensive in this case. Plus the fact that
these two I have mentioned have, from what I've heard, far better sound
quality than any radio with digital tuning. That makes a HUGE
difference to me.

I've had a few people who have been very kind and answered my questions
without telling me what I do need. That's very informative and right on
the money. But I want to thank everyone else as well for their
recommendations, but when I say it's down to these two models, that's
in fact, what I mean. :-)

I'd appreciate any other advice on either of the two models and how
you feel they perform overall. Thanks again.

Jim

RHF

Mar 31, 2005, 8:14:20 AM3/31/05
JIM,

So since you are seriously considering the GE Superadio III or the
Grundig S350 / Tecsun BCL-2000 Radios for some 'casual' AM/MW DXing.
.
The you may wish to Read these Messages :
.
* AM/MW DXing = Your Radio + Lazy Susan + Select-A-Tenna
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/1787
.
* AM/MW DXing = Your Radio + Lazy Susan + Select-A-Tenna - Part II
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/1811
.
* Inductively Coupling a AM/MW Loop Antenna
to a 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/2570
.
* ABOUT - The three 'small' commercial AM/MW/BCB Loop Antennas
and more...
.
* Grundig S350 / Tecsun BCL-2000 and Loop Antennas
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/2576
.
* For Improved AM/MW Dxing - Think Loop Antenna as a Coupler Tuner
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/2240
.
.
iane ~ RHF
.
All are WELCOME and "Invited to Join" the
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna eGroup on YAHOO !
.
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
.
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night . . .
You Can Hear Forever and Beyond, The BEYOND !
With a Shortwave Listener SWL Antenna of your own making.
"If You Build It {SWL Antenna} You Will Hear Them !"
.
.

Message has been deleted

cuh...@webtv.net

Mar 31, 2005, 8:51:40 AM3/31/05
I have never owned either of those two radios before.I do own a big old
Grundig AM/FM/Shortwave wooden cabinet floor model radio and it has a
phonograph player turn table built in the top of it.I bought the radio
years ago at a Goodwill thrift store for $14.00.I agree with you about
the old timey way of tuning radios.Digital tuning can Never beat the old
style analog tuning,no matter what the naysayers might come up with and
say.I too,like to twist those tuning knobs left and right and watch that
needle bar move left and right.Digital tuning can not and never will top
that.
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Mar 31, 2005, 9:01:44 AM3/31/05
If you live in a medium size or large city in Florida (I think you did
once say you live in Florida) start checking out the thrift stores and
fleamarkets and online and offline newspapers www.kidon.com in your
area and ask around when and where the next state sales auction is going
to be and put a notice on some foodstore bulletin boards and Church
bulletin boards that you are looking for shortwave radios.You just might
find some great AM/FM and Shortwave Radios at low low prices.If can
aquire a bunch of shortwave radios you can sell them on ebay and make a
lot of money.
cuhulin

radio...@yahoo.com

Mar 31, 2005, 9:36:24 AM3/31/05
I had a few other questions I forgot to ask in my last post:

1) Are there any online or mail order places that will accept C.O.D.?
That's a big deal with me. I'm avoiding eBay at all costs. Don't ask me
why, but I'll put it like this, I've seen too many people burned by
eBay.

2) I've heard that it sometimes takes 2 to 3 replacements before
getting a good Superadio III. How will I know that it's defective aside
from it not turning on when you press the Power button? Also, which
dealers online or mail order have a liberal return policy?

3)By any chance, does anyone have a SR III they'd be willing to part
with?

Thanks for taking the time and putting up with my questions. :-)

Jim

cuh...@webtv.net

Mar 31, 2005, 10:12:50 AM3/31/05
I think C.O.D.(Cash On Delivery) went the way of the wilderbeast many
years ago.I could be mistaken though.Mostly,only places such as pizza
delivery accept C.O.D.
cuhulin

Stephen M.H. Lawrence

Mar 31, 2005, 11:40:22 AM3/31/05

"John Plimmer" <pli...@nospamtelkomsa.net> wrote in message

> Remember, on this group you are going to get all sorts of opinions - some
> weird and some plain dead wrong. caveat emptor
> I have a GE SRIII and can say without fear or favour that it will be the
> most likely to get that faint MW station you are trying for.
> I have owned many portables Sony 2010,7600 and various Sangeans, but on AM
> MW the GE SRIII stands head and shoulders above the rest for getting that
> really faint far off DX on AM MW.
>
> I once got WWKB Buffalo NY on it without an external antenna and that
> station is 8,000 miles away from this QTH!
> I have only one AM MW station some distance away and the ONLY portable
> that
> can pick up this station with listenable quality is my SRIII
>
> Yes, the knobs are a bit wobbly and the tuning dial is very inaccurate,
> but
> it does not drift and for getting that single station you are after it
> will
> seriously outperform all the other portables on AM MW.

Concur. My Super Radio III is a ver sensitive receiver, especially for the
money. I cannot imagine how good it would be after a complete alignment.

The only drawback I've found is the poor filtering. I think there's a
business
opportunity for the enterprising, technically-minded individual who's
willing
to align the Super Radio III and install "tighter" filters, but the IF
bandwidth
issue is, in my mind, a nit to be picked.

I believe that it's a radio with outstanding "ears," and it performs
amazingly
well in a rural (i.e., RF quiet) setting.

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, Minnesota

Joe Analssandrini

Mar 31, 2005, 12:02:34 PM3/31/05
Dear Jim,

I sorry I offended you with my "strong" recommendations for the Sony
rado. I can understand your reasoning (even though I personally don't
agree with it). I can also understand your preference for analog-tuned
radios (though again I disagree). That said, here are my answers to two
of your questions.

1) I do not believe there are ANY online electronics dealers who will
accept COD orders. You might call and ask Universal Radio, C. Crane,
Grove Enterprises, AES, Bennett Brothers, and J&R Music World if they
will accept a COD order. You can look up their telephone numbers
online. Note that I do not know if they all sell the radio(s) in which
you are interested. I also believe that, if you do find a dealer who
will sell on a COD basis, you will pay more and that's not even
counting the COD fees. If you can't or won't use a credit card or
check, use a money order and make sure you are dealing with a reputable
dealer. That will afford minimal risk. (It may also be wise to send the
money order by registered mail, return-receipt requested.) Bennett
Brothers always sold the GE Superadios at low prices. All of the above
dealers are reputable and will allow exchanges for defective
merchandise. By the way, have you tried a local dealer? While a local
electronics or appliance dealer may not stock either of your two
preferred radios, they may be able to order one for you through their
buying group. Even a local hardware store might be able to obtain one.
I think it's worth a try.

2) You're right - often you may receive two, three (or even more - that
happened to me!) defective GE's. How can you tell? Only by trying your
unit next to a known good one or other known good radio which you
believe may have similar performance. There is no other way unless you
have some test equipment. I persevered with the units because I had
read reviews which claimed that the radio was, in effect, the best
thing since white bread. My first unit, Version I, was a very good
performer on local FM; it had no AM antenna terminals (later the first
version was revised to include those terminals) and no strap to hold in
the batteries (which would fall out sometimes with no excuse at all!).
I bought the Version II having read that it was greatly improved over
the first version. Well, due to the two speakers, yes, the sound was
better, but AM performance (even with a wire attached to the
now-included antenna terminals) was not as good. Now there was a strap
to hold in the batteries. Version III (my FOURTH sample) is even worse
on AM and no better on FM. As far as I can tell, it is functioning
correctly - it receives exactly the same AM and FM stations with the
same apparent strength as my other Superadios. (Local FM stations come
in well and sound very good, but my Sony - sorry - radio "blows it
away" when listening to FM stations somewhat farther away. The Sony
"hears" FM stations that just do not "exist" on the Superadio(s).). My
Version III was purchased in the early-to-mid 90's (I'm not sure); it's
my "last" GE Superadio no matter what is "claimed" for any future
version. (By the way, I also own a CC Radio; the less said about that
the better! Believe me, I've learned from painful and expensive
experience!)

Except for my Version II GE (which I keep in a room for casual FM
listening) the others are "buried" somewhere in my crawl space; the
last time I looked for them I couldn't find them!

Caveat emptor!

Best,

Joe

P.S. I agree with you about Ebay though I've read the Liypn's Ebay
Store is a reputable place to purchase the Grundig S350. However, I
won't deal with ANY Ebay seller. I just don't want to take a chance,
attractive prices notwithstanding. At least with a reputable merchant
who has a physical address (even Amazon has one) you have some
recourse.

cuh...@webtv.net

Mar 31, 2005, 12:18:18 PM3/31/05
Iffin a GE "super radio" (super,my ass!!!,I don't believe them radios
are super,Sears used to sell them and I tried one of them out,the Sears
saleslady went out in the parking lot with me at Metrocenter mall
www.metromalljackson.com and that super radio didn't show me shit! I
put it back on the shelf) turns up at the Goodwill thriftstore sooner or
later (that particular Goodwill thriftstore is only about seven tenths
of a mile South [[South is always best]] of my little doggys couch,there
are two more Goodwill thriftstores in the metro Jackson area) I can buy
that so-called super radio for about two dolllars.Those GE super radios
are JUNK,they were JUNK soon as they left the factory doors.
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Mar 31, 2005, 12:35:35 PM3/31/05
Any radios made in China are JUNK.And,Stay away from them Sangean,made
in Taiwan radios too.Chinese radios have very poor quality control.Some
of the parts they use are just as likely to short out and catch your
house on fire as not.old Rule of Thumb is,,, You Get What You Pay For.
cuhulin

John Plimmer

Mar 31, 2005, 1:02:28 PM3/31/05
I have a Sangean 803A and a 818
Both have given me outstanding performance over very many years.

re the Grundig S350, see
http://kiwa.com/GrundigS350.html
for upgrade mods.

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
RX Drake R8B, SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D GE SRIII
BW XCR 30, Braun T1000, Sangean 818 & 803A.
Hallicrafters SX-100, Eddystone 940
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

<cuh...@webtv.net> wrote in message

FireStarter5

Mar 31, 2005, 7:34:38 PM3/31/05
I've owned the S350 for awhile now and have little or no complaints. Drift
on SW is "there", but settles down after awhile. AM reception is excellent
in my opinion (others may vary) Layout of the controls are fine, however, I
think putting the volume dial on the right hand side where the RF Gain dial
is, would have been a better move. The tuning dial has a great "feel" to it
as well, and is backed up by the "outer dial" for fast tuning and the "inner
dial" for fine tuning. The 12/24hr clock, timer and illuminated lcd display
just fill out a fine basic radio overall. I'm very happy with my S350.

wavetrapper

Apr 1, 2005, 7:09:24 AM4/1/05
A few years ago, Sears stores carried the SR III. I bought a few from
them. What I would do was to take 6 D cells to the store with me. I
bought one and told the clerk that I was going to test it outside in
the parking lot and if it didn't perform correctly, then I would swap
it out for another one they had. One time I think I went through all 4
they had to get the best one. What I was looking for was dial accuracy
(none of them are, its just a matter of which is worst) and "birdies."

Not sure if Sears still carries or not. They had/have a money back
guarantee on everything.

dosos...@bellsouth.net

Apr 1, 2005, 9:21:54 AM4/1/05

HI, Jim,
If you're not seriously into AM/MW DXing, then the extra tuning aids of the
S-350, such as adjustable RF gain, better narrow bandwidth filter, and fine
tuning knob, not to mention exact digital frequency readout (not digital
tuning), won't matter much to you. However, bear in mind that if you see
and play with these things, you might decide that they are nice features to
have, even if you use them only occasionally.

If you want even casual, occasional shortwave broadcast listening, the GE is
not even an option.

If you use only what's available in the radio itself, the GE, with its more
powerful amplifier, 9-volts / six batteries, compared to the S-350's 6-volt
/ four-battery, system, and the GE's larger woofer speaker in a larger
cabinet, will have the better sound, especially on your strong local
most-music FM station, whatever that might be. YOu can plug in standard RCA
left and right channel cables and hook the S-350 to the audio inputs or Aux
inputs of a stereo receiver or amplifier and get your FM from the S-350 in
stereo, and using possibly larger, better speakers and more powerful
amplifier of that other system, thus making the S-350 another external
tuner. You can't do that with the GE. Oh, you could plug it in through the
headphone jack of the GE and still get monaural sound through your other
stereo system.

While music on AM (medium wave broadcast) band, and on FM will sound better
on the S-350, the somewhat more limited, yet still crisp and clear, audio
frequency range of the S-350 might be an advantage over the GE's audio
output for some voice-only programming, especially on fairly distant, noisy,
AM broadcast stations at night, or during Stormy weather conditions.

If you're going to carry the radio around, the slightly smaller more compact
design of the S-350 might be an advantage, and the weight difference is even
greater when you compare both radios with a full load of heavy-duty alkaline
batteries.

The GE's built-in power cord which sores away nicely inside the cabinet when
not in use, compared to the S-350's external wall wart AC power supply,
gives the GE its only advantage when considering portability.

If I were going to have only one of these two radios, I'd definitely keep
the S-350, no question about it. The S-350 is simply the better, more
sensitive, more selective receiver, on both MW / AM broadcast, and FM bands
over the GE Super Radio III.

I have owned, and bought for gift purposes, several examples of the GE Super
Radio III since 1995, and I have both your other purchase candidate in both
its Grundig S-350 and Tecsun BCL-2000 versions. I have also owned one of
the original GE Super Radio models, the one without the external antenna
connection. The GE "Super Radio" models don't even come close to the
Grundig S-350 and Tecsun BCL-2000 in any aspect of radio performance except
for FM music audio quality, and I have other portable radios that far
surpass the GE in that department as well.

If you want to cheap out and go for price alone, and you don't care about
DX, and the presence of shortwave doesn't matter, then you'll get the GE
Super Radio III. If you want the better radio, even if you're not going to
DX and don't care about shortwave listening, then get the Grundig S-350,
even if it costs you a little more than the GE. It's a lot more radio for
the money. The S-350's overall construction quality is better than that of
the GE Super Radio, and it does more things better than the GE. It is
better radio value for the money you'll spend for it.

Brent Reynolds, Atlanta, GA USA
Email: dosos...@bellsouth.net Phone: 1-404-814-0768

Stinger

Apr 1, 2005, 6:16:41 PM4/1/05

<cuh...@webtv.net> wrote in message
I think what you need to look for is the right antenna, more than the right
radio, since you're looking for a daytimer.

I have read your negative comments on the CC Radio Plus, but I can tell you
that I use mine with the "Justice AM Antenna" (now renamed the Twin-Coil
Antenna), and get 5KW daytimers well over 70 miles away. I think it's a
very good combination.

-- Stinger

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 1, 2005, 6:59:08 PM4/1/05
Yeah,Yeah,Yeah,you already emailed me that before.
cuhulin
(I wants some purty wimmins to email me) (you aren't my type)

WDX...@aol.com

Apr 2, 2005, 9:16:08 AM4/2/05

WDX...@aol.com

Apr 2, 2005, 9:20:37 AM4/2/05
Jim
I own both a GE Sradio III and (just obtained recently) an S350. For
AM BCB DX'ing I like the S350 hands down. The GE is a good receiver
but digital readout and in my opinion better selectivity in the S350.
Now...the GE is better for FM dxing if you do any of that. an
excellent receiver if you can find one used is the Sangean ATS803A.
(Was also the Radio Shack DX440). Digital
readout...sensitive..selective..good ferrite rod antenna.
"pound for pound" I've heard more and lower powered stations on the
S350 than on the GE. Just my take on it. 73
Greg

radio...@yahoo.com

Apr 2, 2005, 10:00:52 AM4/2/05
I want to take the time to thank everyone for taking the time to help
me. I've decided that I will go with the Superadio III. I'm going to
wait until Circuit City cuts the price on the S350 to $50, which they
do every year in my area from what I heard from someone who works at
CC. The only thing that bugs me is that no one sells the SRIII locally
and they won't even order it. It might seem kind of old-fashioned, but
I've always been able to buy things locally until the SR III. I have a
few questions:

1) I've already got a few responses from others on this question, but
I'll throw it out to everyone. What is the most reputable mail-order or
online place to buy the SR III? What I mean is as far as customer
satisfaction, return policies, few hassles, etc.

2) I haven't ordered anything ever, as hard as that would be to
believe. I also don't have a credit card. A few retailers will take
checks or money order. My biggest concern is that if I send the check
or money order to them, it would be lost in the mail. Please forgive me
if this is a dumb question. Is there a "sure fire" way of making sure
the check or money order gets to the store?

3) I may have already have asked this, but does anyone have an
Superadio III that they'd be willing to part with?

I thank everyone again for the help you gave me in making this
decision. Happy DX'ing. :-)

Jim

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 2, 2005, 11:37:59 AM4/2/05
More and more folks are using debit cards instead of credit cards.You
can get a debit card at the bank you use,it will take a few weeks for
your debit card to show up to you in your snail mail or perhaps your
bank will hold your debit card for you and snail mail you a notice it is
ready and then you can go to the bank and pick up your debit card.You
can phone the toll free phone number(s) of whatever online store(s) you
want to buy something from and use your debit card to make your
purchase(s) Credit cards are reasonably safe enough,but never post your
credit card or debit card number anywhere online.There are thieves out
there just sitting on ready to steal credit card numbers and debit card
numbers and personal information from anybody and everybody.Some stores
online post their return policy and other terms of policy online.Dig
around on their websites and look that information up or you can phone
their toll free phone number and ask them about that sort of
information.Never,but Never! post personal information about yourself on
the internet.There are phishing scams on the internet too.Be Very Aware
of those!
cuhulin

RM MS

Apr 2, 2005, 12:31:16 PM4/2/05
I'd tend to look for something else besides the SRIII, such as a
Sangean-built Realistic model in your price range. The SRIII is
definitely sensitive on AM, but it is really touchy to tune in the upper
end of the band and drifts off easily and often. Also, any half-decent
$20 portable AM/FM radio from The Shack is sensitive enough for most
purposes, especially with a hand-wound ferrite antenna booster, or a
simple wire wrapped around the radio and led out for a good length away
from the radio. 9 years ago, I bought my SRIII for $40, and although it
has beautiful sound, it s a pain to use compared to others I own. If you
could come up with a few more bucks, the CCRadio from Crane
(Sangean-built) is excellent at $159. It is digital readout to 1khz.,
and is rock-solid non-drift. Plenty sensitive, and they did a lot of
other things right on this one, such as spacing the slewing keys at 10
khz per jump, which makes it the BEST radio I own for AM/BC
bandscanning.

RM MS

Apr 2, 2005, 12:46:20 PM4/2/05
OK, I agree the CCRadio we own did lose its dgital display a few years
ago, but Crane did good on it and was entirely polite about it. And this
was about 3 years out of warranty. I'd do business with them again
anytime. As far as Sangean products go, I am an true advocate, having
owned the CCRadio and before that a DX-440 (ATS-803-A) since 1989, which
has played at least 12 hours a day, every single day, and I take it
everywhere I go. Never had a single bit of trouble with it. I compare
these products very favorably with other recievers I own, which include
Yeasu FRG-100, FRG-8800, Lowe HF-225, and formerly owned a Kenwood
R-5000, so I do ave adequate basis for comparison, in other words, the
only junk I own is the GE Superradio III.. I am sorry your experience
(if indeed it is not just hearsay) has been different.

RM MS

Apr 2, 2005, 12:55:35 PM4/2/05
I am beginning to wonder of cuhulin lives in an apartment or
aluminum-or-other-metal-coated building, (possibly one with wheels). All
the radios he mentioned have consistently been well-reviewed in
reputable publications. It is not the fault of the radio if it has been
sheilded from signals. Try the radio or antenna by a window, at a
minimum.

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 2, 2005, 7:52:19 PM4/2/05
I live in a regular one story wood frame house with asbestos shingles on
the sides and a regular wood A frame roof with regular roofing shingles
on the roof of my house which was built in 1947.About seven years ago,I
bought a Sangean radio with AM/FM/TV/Weather bands from ccrane company
and at the same time,I bought the lowest price select-a-tenna from
ccrane company.Most of my old radios (I own about 200 or more of many
different kinds of radios) I have collected for many,many years.I tried
out that radio with the antenna I bought from ccrane company for a fuul
week and I found out myself that radio by itself and with that antenna
did not pick up radio stations any better than my other radios.I sent
that stuff back to ccrane company and I bought a Sangean ATS 909
AM/FM/Shortwave radio from ccrane company and at the same time I also
bought that little $19.95 windup or whatever it is shortwave radio
antenna too.I tried that radio with that antenna out for a full week.I
own quite a few old shortwave radios I have collected for many years and
that ATS 909 radio with and without that antenna did not pick up any
shortwave radio stations any better than my old shortwave radios did so
I sent that stuff back to ccrane company too.You wonder about cuhulin?
buddy,I tried out those radios and antennas myself that I bought from
ccrane about seven years ago for a full week and I was not satisfied
with any of them.I am not a hard man to please,but I was expecting
something better as far as those radios and antennas I bought from
ccrane company is concerned.I suppose,I suppose ccrane company might
still have some records/data of when I bought those items from ccrane
company and when I returned those items back to ccrane company.I still
say Sangean radios are over rated and over priced junk and I still say
ccrane company is a ripp off company.I will never buy a Sangean radio
ever again from ccrane company or anywhere else and I will never do
business with ccrane company ever again.
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 2, 2005, 7:54:24 PM4/2/05
one with wheels? I Believe those "ones with wheels" are much better than
yours,whatever it is.
cuhulin

Telamon

Apr 2, 2005, 11:22:14 PM4/2/05
In article <25367-42...@storefull-3312.bay.webtv.net>,
pira...@webtv.net (RM MS) wrote:

There is a good explanation for cuhulin's posts. Think a little
creatively and no it does not have to to do with any radio.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 2, 2005, 11:48:00 PM4/2/05
You don't think the area I live in is good for radio reception? I am not
knocking places such as New York City or New Jersey,but where I
live,this area is wide open to all kinds of radio signals and some of
the radio stations some of y'all talk about are difficult to pick up on
your radios,I have no problem at all with picking them up on my old beat
up radios.
cuhulin

Honus

Apr 3, 2005, 12:06:21 AM4/3/05

"Telamon" <telamon_s...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote in message

It must not be my day for creative thinking; this one's got me stumped. Are
you referring to obvious possibilities, like alcohol, congenital or genetic
issues? Or is it something more obscure?

Honus

Apr 3, 2005, 12:07:55 AM4/3/05

"Honus" <hon...@earthlink.net.is.invalid> wrote in message

You don't think he's merely trolling, do you? I couldn't agree with that
one, although I'll of course concede the possibility.

Brian Hill

Apr 3, 2005, 9:52:38 AM4/3/05

"Honus" <hon...@earthlink.net.is.invalid> wrote in message

> You don't think he's merely trolling, do you? I couldn't agree with that

> one, although I'll of course concede the possibility.

A true master in all accounts. Understand my position now? :)

B.H.

Jorma DeLuxe

Apr 3, 2005, 9:59:54 AM4/3/05

"RM MS" <pira...@webtv.net> wrote in message

>I am beginning to wonder of cuhulin lives in an apartment or
> aluminum-or-other-metal-coated building,

Or maybe it is the lead water pipes.

RM MS

Apr 3, 2005, 2:39:14 PM4/3/05
If you are comparing a modern Sangean 909 with an older rig, you cannot
really expect to "get any more" stations on one or the other, basic
sensitivity s not and has not been an issue for many years. I put my
DX-440 up against my Kenwood R-5000 with identical antennas and the
DX-440 "got" every weak signal that the Kenwood did. Of course, the
Kenwood blew the DX's doors off in selectivity and strong-signal
capability, and this test was done with intentionally small antennas. My
usual antennas in those days were sloping single-ended wires, 50' at the
high end and running up to 70' long, not including the lead-in. I also
had a 90' Windom dipole (coax-fed) and two Alpha-Delta 60' sloper
dipoles. Your location may well require at least a minimal outdoor
antenna of some kind if you cannot receive anything well enough.

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 3, 2005, 3:20:09 PM4/3/05
My house has plastic water pipes plumbing.I had it all redone about 15
years ago.It is the same kind of freeze proof water pipeing/plumbing
that is used in Alaska.That is what the guys whom installed the pipeing
told me.
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 3, 2005, 3:24:02 PM4/3/05
If it's made by Sangean,I DON'T want it.I tried out two Sangean radios
and I STILL SAY Sangean radios (ALL of them) are over rated over priced
JUNK! And they lose the digital displays too.
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 3, 2005, 3:29:08 PM4/3/05
I live in a residential area on the West side of Jackson,just across
Highway 80 from Metrocenter Mall www.metromalljackson.com and I know
there isn't anything wrong with my location as regards radio reception
or anything else.The only way it could be any better (if any better at
all) would be if I lived out in the country.
cuhulin

RM MS

Apr 3, 2005, 4:41:48 PM4/3/05
You still seem very reluctant to try a decent outdoor antenna,

Honus

Apr 3, 2005, 7:44:22 PM4/3/05

"Brian Hill" <jonny...@jps.net> wrote in message

Yeah, but I still can't agree with it. Trolls gain something, even if it's
only attention. I don't see him getting any benefit from this. He doesn't
fight back the way troll usually do.

abr...@aol.com

Apr 4, 2005, 2:58:44 PM4/4/05

cuh...@webtv.net wrote:
> Joe,there is a radio station in Monticello,Mississippi and I think
that
> radio station is only on the air in the daytime.I think you can find
> that radio station at, www.forthepeople.org in Chuck Harder's
radio
> station list somewhere around there or www.dogpile.com Radio
> Stations Mississippi or Mississippi Radio Stations

Cuhulin,

A couple of weeks ago or so, you branded me an "asshole" because I
posted some anti-Chuck Harder comments in response to a previous post
from you.
But Mr. Cuhulin, who's the asshole here?
Me or Chuck Harder?
Consider:
1) Chuck Harder's previous network, Liberty Broadcasting, went belly-up
last year;
2) Chuck Harder said in 1995 that Jews (like me, BTW) were infused with
"Jewish greed" and that Wall Street was "all Greenbergs and
Sheinbergs";
3) Chuck Harder lost a $1 million U.S. Department of Labor contract bid
to expand his handicapped-oriented satellite DVB network;
4) Chuck Harder, in 1996, was dropped by the United Auto Workers who
had his program on their United Broadcasting Network;
5) Chuck Harder was once affiliated with the virulently anti-Semitic
Liberty Lobby.
Mr. Cuhulin, am I such an "asshole" for sticking up for my people, the
Jews?
I have NEVER called you an "asshole"; I have never called you an
anti-Semite; I have never insulted you in any way. Indeed, if you
re-read my post, you'll see I actually agree with you on some points.
Shalom,
Dan Weir

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 4, 2005, 4:07:15 PM4/4/05
I only read about two lines of what you said,,,,, AND I! AM STILL
BRANDING YOU!!!! AN ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!
cuhulin

abr...@aol.com

Apr 4, 2005, 6:47:15 PM4/4/05

You are a "manzer" -- Hebrew for BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very angrily yours,

Daniel K. Weir

LeftL...@hotmail.com

Apr 5, 2005, 7:43:32 PM4/5/05

Daniel, CALM DOWN!....

---- sorry about butting in here -----

but what the he## happened to the Newabilitys thing? for sale on
ebay??? Chuck just can't catch a break.

I see Liberty is now Lifestyle something (and of course no Chuck)

Hopefully Talkstar will continue.....

LL

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 5, 2005, 8:34:18 PM4/5/05
F... you D..K Weir!
cuhulin

abr...@aol.com

Apr 5, 2005, 10:31:41 PM4/5/05

cuhu...@webtv.net wrote:
> F... you D..K Weir!
> cuhulin

Mr. Cuhulin,

I get G.D. sick and tired of REDNECKS like you who have nothing better
to do than to cuss out Jews.
You hate us Jews? Fine! But keep your G.D. hatred to yourself! Go paint
a blue Magen Dovid ("Jewish Star") on a white piece of cardboard and
stick it outside your doublewide and take a giant leak on it after
about three six-packs of Pabst Blue Ribbon. I don't care what you do in
private. But keep your atavism to yourself!

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 5, 2005, 11:08:40 PM4/5/05
I am not a redneck and I like the Jewist people.
cuhulin

abr...@aol.com

Apr 5, 2005, 11:15:13 PM4/5/05
LL,

Here's the story as I know it ... in fragmented form ...

Chuck Harder apparently had applied for a $1 million grant from the
U.S. Department of Labor to broadcast & grow his New Abilities TV
network on satellite DVB.
He lost the contract bid, which would have kept his NATV on the air for
three to five years.
He then declared bankruptcy (Chapter 11) and put NATV on e-Bay for
$400,000.

Re his radio program, it's still going, but I don't think it's on any
"conventional" (AM/FM/SW) stations in the U.S. I think it's only on
Internet streaming audio on TalkStar Radio.

As to his program content, it's turned decidedly 1991 ... sounds like
it did back then, with the whole "George Bush is an out-of-touch
elitist" schtick, seasoned w/a healthy dose of Armaggeddon ...

I even heard Chuck say that New York City was a hotbed of violent
crime, crack cocaine, and was so dangerous after dark that the "elites"
who live there (one of whom is a cousin of mine) lock up their gated
penthouses and don't come out until the sun comes up ... all because of
globalism, free trade, immigration, and the fact that almost all the
NYC radio stations broadcast in Spanish ...

Ahhh ... the bad old days of 1991 - Dane Quayl, crack, Harris Wofford,
"mad as he** and not gonna take it anymore," anti-Bush columns from
George Will, Saddam crushing the Kurds, "Pat Buchanan for President,"
$1.09 gasoline, $20 oil, "The Boy From Hope," "F*** the Jews, they
didn't vote for us," James Baker, Haley Barbour, Israel getting stiffed
for $10 billion in loan guarantees - wheeee!!!!

---DKW

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 5, 2005, 11:14:54 PM4/5/05
YOU are so damn Stupid,I see you use aol.
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 5, 2005, 11:13:53 PM4/5/05

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 5, 2005, 11:10:02 PM4/5/05
Go home and cry in your mamas lap,you little baby!
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 5, 2005, 11:12:51 PM4/5/05
I like Tennesseans too,but some of them are real ASSHOLES,just like you
are!
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 5, 2005, 11:10:44 PM4/5/05
Who in the Hell ask you anyway?
cuhulin

abr...@aol.com

Apr 5, 2005, 11:40:35 PM4/5/05

cuhu...@webtv.net wrote:
> YOU are so damn Stupid,I see you use aol.
> cuhulin

Yep ... I have a 163 IQ; my cousin has a 230 IQ ... yep, we Jews are
monumentally stupid ...

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 5, 2005, 11:54:55 PM4/5/05
www.forthepeople.org Chuck Harder is now simulcast on TV.On AMC-4
(also known as GE-4) satellite transponder 6,DVB.And that! is one of the
reasons inside of two months,I am going to buy myself a Lyngsat
satellite rig.
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 5, 2005, 11:57:50 PM4/5/05
abruxis,I Believe YOU are the one who is the Jew hater in this news
group.YOU sure do sound like it.
cuhulin

abr...@aol.com

Apr 7, 2005, 2:26:36 PM4/7/05

Mr. Cuhulin,

You can call me an asshole; you can call me a Jew-hater; you can call
me every terrible name in the book. But I have got you and the other
"patriots" numbers here.
To wit, you all are a bunch of paranoid schizophrenics.
I'm damn serious here.
You all gave us Pat Buchanan in 1992, 1996, and 2000, and look what
happened - not only here in the U.S. but in Israel too, where the
Knesset ("Parliament") for the first time in its history condemned an
American Presidential candidate - Buchanan - in early 1996.
Here, Timothy McVeigh got so upset over the "patriot" rhetoric he was
hearing from Buchanan, Chuck Harder, the citizen militias, the
anti-immigrant folks, and the "new world order" conspiracy goons, he
murdered 168 of his fellow Americans on April 19,l995.
Question, Mr. Cuhulin: What's the difference between one of these
so-called "patriots" and Osama bin Laden?
Answer: OBL doesn't wave an American flag.
Other than that, there's not much difference. You "patriots" are the
REAL American Taliban!
I've dealt with you all - especially Chuck Harder - since 1980, when I
heard one of your precursors, Lyndon LaRouche, and I have NEVER heard
ANYTHING that made ANY sense from you guys.
And yes, I put David Duke in your column, too.
The HELL with you all!

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 7, 2005, 5:07:59 PM4/7/05
PUSSYabruxisPUSSYboy,you didn't spell parlement right.Go your ASS
somewhere and learn how to spell.
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 7, 2005, 5:01:05 PM4/7/05
OK,ASSHOLEabruxis (what kind of a "name" is abruxis,anyway?) you are
every name in the book that you say I can call you,and them some.You can
couldn't get serious for any damn thing in this World.(you little PUSSY)
I DO like the Jewish people,but you prove that just like some people in
this World,there are some assholes just like you.by the
way,abruxisASSHOLEabruxis,I have a Jewish Penpal lady friend in Tel
Aviv,Israel.She is very nice and I have known her and many more wimmins
around the World for years.YOU,get serious!? HAW HAW HAW!
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 7, 2005, 5:05:24 PM4/7/05
Nawwww,ASSHOLEabruxis ASSHOLEPUSSY(.)abruxis,I don't like Lyndon
LaRouche and I never have,,, you little PUSSY.
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 7, 2005, 5:10:05 PM4/7/05
abruxis,DAMN RIGHT I AM A PATRIOT!!!!!
cuhulin

Message has been deleted

Telamon

Apr 7, 2005, 10:47:16 PM4/7/05
In article <1112898396....@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
abr...@aol.com wrote:

> cuh...@webtv.net wrote:

< Snip >

> Mr. Cuhulin,

< Snip >

Is a known Troll and apparently so are you.

< Plonk >

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Eunt...@webtv.net

Apr 13, 2005, 7:49:59 PM4/13/05
Just admit you are a jew hater. You may find 1000s popping up to support you
because of the Christian oppression in this country.

<abr...@aol.com> wrote in message

abr...@aol.com

Apr 15, 2005, 2:27:48 PM4/15/05
>From "The Nation," April 10, 1995, page 491:

"Here's the problem ... Jewish families have great respect for
education and they are very close-knit. They launch their kids into the
professions -- they become doctors, lawyers, bankers. And these kids
decided they weren't going to get theirs the old-fashioned way their
parents did. Instead they decided to grab it. And that's where this
whole notion of greed, Jewish greed, comes in. Now Jews are not alone
in this. There's Hispanic greed, black greed, and of course white
greed. But this is why if you go to Wall Street you'll see it's all
Greenbergs, Sheinbergs, and so on."

The author of this horrible quote: Chuck Harder.

No wonder my Jewish friends and relatives call him "Chuck Hitler."

---DKW

m II

Apr 17, 2005, 11:42:02 PM4/17/05
John Plimmer wrote:

> I have a Sangean 803A and a 818
> Both have given me outstanding performance over very many years.

As have my 909 and dx-398. Wonderful sets. 'hulin doesn't appreciate a radio
unless it's on the three dollar disposal table at the local thrift store.

mike

cuh...@webtv.net

Apr 18, 2005, 12:47:10 AM4/18/05
Grundig AM/FM/Shortwave/Phonograph wooden cabinet floor model radio,it
dates back to around 1957 or 1958.Telefunken AM/FM/Shortwave wooden
cabinet table model big radio,it dates back to either the 1950's or
1960's,Zenith Royal 1000 Transoceanic radio and I own many,many (over
200 radios,I own) other collectible radios and some of them are very!
collectible.Most of them I bought at thrift stores such as Goodwill and
Salvation Army and Rescue League and yard sales and fleamarkets and junk
shops.m II,YOU don't know what the FUCK! YOU are talking about! YOU
DUMBASS!!!! A few weeks ago at the Goodwill thrift store,I bought a ADi
Transceiver radio for only $2.00 (TWO DOLLARS) and it is just like brand
new.YOU FUCKING IDIOT!
cuhulin

m II

Apr 18, 2005, 1:05:03 AM4/18/05
cuh...@webtv.net wrote:

Give me a break. I was only a dollar off. No need to get so ignorant.

How's your doggie?

mike