Grundig S350 Radio - FM Tuning and Sound

RHF

Nov 3, 2005, 9:11:21 AM11/3/05
Kevin,

Grundig S350 Radio - FM Tuning and Sound
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SuperadioIII/message/1351

One of the problems with the Grundig S350 AM and FM Radio
with Shortwave is the Tuning Knob Backlash and "Drift".

However, this is due to the fact that the AM Analog Tuner
and FM Analog Tuner each have a 'separate' Variable Tuning
Capacitor that is being mechanically driven by a double set
of strings and pulleys.

The AM Tuner and the FM Tuners are separate circuits some
what like my old Grundig RTV-320U Radio. They "Share" a
'common' AF Amplifier for the Audio Sound Output.

Yes - I would agree that the Grundig S350 is a good tuning
FM 'portable' Radio and it has very good sound.

BUT ! IMHO the GE Superadio III with a Pair of Speakers 6"
and 2" and crossover network is the better Sounding Radio.

That being said - it is also MHO that the Grundig S350 Radio
is the better overall AM/FM Radio then the GE Superadio III.

Had Eton Corp. put a Pair of Speakers 5" and 1.5" and crossover
network in the new Eton S350DL Radio it would be a real winner.

jm2cw ~ RHF
.
.
. .
= = = In Supera...@yahoogroups.com,
= = = "Kevin R. in Gilbert, AZ" <amfmdx@f...> wrote:

I bought a s350 for a sw fix. My sr-III no longer gets
used, the s350 is 100 times better on am and fm, actually,
the s350 is "THE" best FM reciever I have ever seen.

The S350 is an EXCELLENT FM receiver. VERY GOOD. AM is real
good too. The S350 is very well behaved on an external
FM antenna as well.

The only portable I have that comes close on FM is the
original Superadio .

Kevin
.
.
. .
FWIW - There are two eGroups on YAHOO !
That are 'focused' on the GE Superadios (Super Radio).

* Here is a LINK to the "LongRange"
(GE Superadio Group for Connoisseurs) eGroup at YAHOO !

* Here is a LINK to the "Superadio III" eGroup at YAHOO !

BONUS: Then there is the Grundig S350 "Super Radio"
(aka: Tecsun BCL-2000) Radio which may be what everyone
was 'hoping' a GE-Superadio-IV was going to be.
Plus the Newer Eton S350DL and Tecsun BCL-3000 Radios

Here is a LINK to the "Grundig S350" eGroup at YAHOO !
The Grundig S350 has become . . .
The Next Generation of SUPER RADIO for the New Millennium.
.
.
. .
.