Degen DE1106 ...

Teddy Bear

Aug 26, 2005, 6:39:43 PM8/26/05
Does somebody know something about the Degen DE1106, 1105 and 1104? How do
they compare to already available models in the market?

I'm not going to buy any of them, I'm just out of curiosity.

Conan Ford

Aug 26, 2005, 9:27:58 PM8/26/05
"Teddy Bear" <cotef...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> Does somebody know something about the Degen DE1106, 1105 and 1104?
> How do they compare to already available models in the market?
>
> I'm not going to buy any of them, I'm just out of curiosity.

The DE1106 is a standard-interface version of the DE-1103, but you can't
buy it. Eton has licensed it and it will be sold this fall by them.

barne...@aol.com

Aug 26, 2005, 10:35:21 PM8/26/05

1,000 memories, AM/ FM / SW
shirt pocket size

some more info translated from Chinese posts on www.radiointel.com

No one reports throwing it against a wall or using as a Boat Anchor for
a Very Small Boat . . ..

Teddy Bear

Aug 27, 2005, 6:17:39 AM8/27/05
> The DE1106 is a standard-interface version of the DE-1103, but you can't
> buy it. Eton has licensed it and it will be sold this fall by them.

So is it the same as the 1107?

Teddy Bear

Aug 27, 2005, 6:18:23 AM8/27/05

> No one reports throwing it against a wall or using as a Boat Anchor for

> a Very Small Boat . . ..

Can it be compared to the 1103 in performance?

barne...@aol.com

Aug 27, 2005, 8:45:47 AM8/27/05

( From the radiointel Website, translated from Chinese by Google )

" conclusions, the synthesis narrates and comments

In brief, 1105 is one 款目 comes to say does not have to be able to
substitute its one section good loom. It concentrated 1102 and 1103
merits, the outward appearance is fine, the sensitivity was high, the
selectivity was good, the acoustic fidelity was clear, small and
exquisite, carried conveniently. Said it is pocket-sized machine
high-quality goods, deserves, it is the loom which amateur certainly
must have. "

dxAce

Aug 27, 2005, 8:51:27 AM8/27/05

barne...@aol.com wrote:

That's what I've been missing here in the shack all these years, a good loom.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

cuh...@webtv.net

Aug 27, 2005, 8:54:44 AM8/27/05
I could probally get that translated even better if this was 1964 and I
was still messin around in them bars in the Cholon area of Saigon in
1964.But,back then,radios was the last thing in the World I was
interested in at 23 years old.I did sometimes "tote" a transistor in my
shirt pocket though.
cuhulin

Sanjaya

Aug 27, 2005, 9:13:53 AM8/27/05

"dxAce" <dx...@milestones.com> wrote in message news:431061CF...@milestones.com...

> barne...@aol.com wrote:
>
> > ( From the radiointel Website, translated from Chinese by Google )
> >
> > " conclusions, the synthesis narrates and comments
> >
> > In brief, 1105 is one 款ç>® comes to say does not have to be able to

> > substitute its one section good loom. It concentrated 1102 and 1103
> > merits, the outward appearance is fine, the sensitivity was high, the
> > selectivity was good, the acoustic fidelity was clear, small and
> > exquisite, carried conveniently. Said it is pocket-sized machine
> > high-quality goods, deserves, it is the loom which amateur certainly
> > must have. "
>
> That's what I've been missing here in the shack all these years, a good loom.
>
> dxAce
> Michigan
> USA

That's your best line in a year Ace... still laughing : )

John S.

Aug 27, 2005, 9:55:34 AM8/27/05

The information I've seen indicates the DE1105 only begins coverage of
shortwave at 5.8mhz! And it apparently doesn't handle ssb. I would
look at the DE1102 for a highly compact radio with better frequency
coverage. Or the DE1103 for complete frequency and mode coverage.

cuh...@webtv.net

Aug 27, 2005, 11:43:34 AM8/27/05
Barngat Light,New York.I saw an ad in Hemmings Motor News about an old
car from a guy in Barngat Light back in the 1970's.And Painted Post,New
York too.There was a girl who worked at the Krystal on Terry Road in
1969,her name is Donna.Sgt.Funk,in Vietnam was from Mechanicsville,New
York.Seeee how smart I am to remember all that good jazz? www.hmn.com
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Aug 27, 2005, 11:53:36 AM8/27/05
Park Hotel 1964,Hong Kong,I was doin my five days R & R.Soon as I
stepped out of my hotel room and locked the door (eleventh floor) a
hotel porter guy says,You want number one girl? In Hong Kong,Radio is
called Radiodefusion.(spelling)
cuhulin

barne...@aol.com

Aug 27, 2005, 12:34:53 PM8/27/05

AH ! Loom Shmoom..

Copied this off a Chinese Menu ;
Tastes pretty good . . wonder what it is?

这里全部赌注全部赌注全部赌注

> http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

cuh...@webtv.net

Aug 27, 2005, 1:06:17 PM8/27/05
Only way I would ever buy a degen or a tecsun or a e1 would be if any of
them ever show up at the Goodwill store.I am headin over there right now
and I couldn't care less than less if I see one of them house burner
downers over there or not.
cuhulin

Message has been deleted

SeeingEyeDog

Aug 28, 2005, 5:46:01 PM8/28/05

<cuh...@webtv.net> wrote

So let me guess - you said no thanks and turned on your little Degan radio?