Sloper antenna installation?

Rich W.

Aug 15, 2005, 5:34:32 PM8/15/05
Will it have any effect, good or bad, if the feed end of a 60 foot sloper
antenna is lower than the opposite end. In order to get 60 feet of length,
I need to raise the antenna elements as they go away from the house. I do
not have enough space in the back yard to do it differently. Should I look
at using a 40 foot sloper instead? Thanks for any information!

Rich W.

Message has been deleted

dxAce

Aug 15, 2005, 5:57:16 PM8/15/05

-=jd=- wrote:

> On Mon 15 Aug 2005 05:34:32p, "Rich W."
> <prairievill...@frontiernet.net> wrote in message

> It will likely work better than the whip or an inside antenna. How difficult
> will it be to string it up? If it's not too difficult (or dangerous), just do
> it and let us know how it worked. Then if your situation allows it, put up
> the 40-foot sloper as well and compare them. You might be surprised!

I'm sure it will still work one way or the other, however, if it's not installed
the way it was meant to be installed it may not work as well as intended.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

RHF

Aug 15, 2005, 6:34:43 PM8/15/05
RW,
.
Top -or- Bottom Fed Sloper Antenna ?
How To Set-Up Your Sloper Antenna ?
.
Slopers are usually layed-out two ways :
.
Top-Fed from a Tower or the Roof of a House/Building
down to some point on near the ground.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/0799.html
http://www.alphadeltacom.com/dxswlii.htm
http://www.alphadeltacom.com/pg7.htm
.
Bottom-Fed from ground-level up to some Higher
mounting point (Tree/Tower/Building).
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx/antenna/wire/sloper.html
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx/antenna/wire/sloper_large.html
.
For Shortwave Listening (SWL) the Sloper Antenna
is usually set-up with about a 30 Degree Angle
elevation from ground level.
http://www.rys.nl/addxswl_ii.htm
.
For Amateur (Ham) Radio the Sloper Antenna
is usually set-up with about a 45 Degree Angle
elevation from ground level.
http://home.comcast.net/~markwa1ion/exaol2/slopers.htm
http://www.iacantennas.com/halfsloper.htm
.
.
MORE - Sloper Antenna Reading Available at the Shortwave Listener
(SWL) Antenna eGroup on YAHOO !
.
* PAR Electronics EF-SWL Antenna - Configured as a Sloper
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/1667
.
* Optimal Angle for a Sloper Antenna ?
.
* Improving your 'basic' Wire Sloper Antenna [Was: Antenna]
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/1715
.
* What "Shape" is your End-Fed Shortwave Antenna ?
.
.
iane ~ RHF
.
All are WELCOME and "Invited to Join" the
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna eGroup on YAHOO !
SWL ANTENNAS GROUP => http://tinyurl.com/an6tw
.
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
.
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night . . .
You Can Hear Forever and Beyond, The BEYOND !
With a Shortwave Listener SWL Antenna of your own making.
"If You Build It {SWL Antenna} You Will Hear Them !"
.
.
. .

cuh...@webtv.net

Aug 15, 2005, 6:27:24 PM8/15/05
About nine years ago,I phoned Universal Radio about a Drake radio.(y'all
ought to see my litlte doggy watching Navy Seals on tv) A guy said to
run a wire from my house to a tree.
cuhulin

Telamon

Aug 16, 2005, 12:26:09 AM8/16/05
In article <IT7Me.4224$cg....@news02.roc.ny>,
"Rich W." <prairievill...@frontiernet.net> wrote:

Many things come into play that determine how an antenna will work. You
always have to work within the constraints of the situation in which you
live. Best bet is to give it a try and if it works out well then you are
set. If not then you will have to try something else.

With a single element antenna ground is important since it is the other
half of it so install at least one ground rod where the antenna starts
out near the ground. Here I'm assuming you are going to use coax from
the radio to where the antenna begins.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Rich W.

Aug 16, 2005, 10:00:06 AM8/16/05
Thank you all for your input. I will do some experimenting.

Rich W.

"Telamon" <telamon_s...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote in message