is this the antenna I want for my 7600GR

JShorr

Feb 7, 2005, 9:34:46 PM2/7/05
I just bought my first SW radio and I've been having fun. I've been
reading that it would really serve me well to purchase an external
antenna, though i don't want a big, permanently mounted one.

Is this the antenna I want for my 7600GR?

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/3676.html

Jeremy

Hatfield

Feb 7, 2005, 10:03:17 PM2/7/05
I once emailed an online SW store about lengthening the AN-LP1 feedline
and the reply was that would detune the antenna.

As long as you can reach a window with 12 feet it looks like a good
match for the radio.

Telamon

Feb 7, 2005, 9:59:37 PM2/7/05
In article <1107830086....@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
"JShorr" <jsh...@pobox.com> wrote:

The Sony AN-LP1 is a good portable antenna from reports I have read in
the news group. I own a SW7600G but not that antenna. I have been
thinking about picking one of these up though.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

tianli

Feb 5, 2005, 10:21:54 PM2/5/05

> Is this the antenna I want for my 7600GR?
>
> http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/3676.html

The Sony AN-LP1 works much better than the wind-up antenna
that comes with the 7600GR. For limited space and portability
the AN-LP1 is perfect for the 7600GR. Just keep in mind that
it is designed for frequencies above 3.5MHz. It does little to nil
for any frequencies below 3.5 MHz. In which case the wind-up
antenna will be better suited from 1.7 - 3.5 MHz if that band is of
interest to you.

Go for it!

JShorr

Feb 7, 2005, 10:30:58 PM2/7/05
Is there a decent portable antenna that will cover the full (or a
larger percentage) of the spectrum?

Also, anyone know of a place that has the AN-LP1 for sale online?

RHF

Feb 7, 2005, 10:30:47 PM2/7/05
J Shorr,
.
Here are three to Read about the Sony ICF-SW7600GR and External
Shortwave
Antennas including the Sony AN-LP1 'portable' Shortwave Loop Antenna.
.
Sony ICF-SW7600GR a few External Antenna Options
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/1088
.
Sony ICF-SW7600GR and Sony AN-LP1 'portable' Shortwave Loop Antenna
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/1901
.
Using the Sony ICF-SW7600GR with the Sony AN-LP1 'portable'
Shortwave Loop Antenna
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/1941
.
.
iane ~ RHF
.
All are WELCOME and "Invited to Join" the
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna eGroup on YAHOO !
.
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
.
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night . . .
You Can Hear Forever and Beyond, The BEYOND !
With a Shortwave Listener SWL Antenna of your own making.
"If You Build It {SWL Antenna} You Will Hear Them !"
.
.

RHF

Feb 7, 2005, 10:37:06 PM2/7/05
Source For : Sony AN-LP1 Portable Active Shortwave Loop Antenna
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/7600GR/message/737

Stephan Grossklass

Feb 8, 2005, 12:03:00 PM2/8/05
Telamon schrieb:

> The Sony AN-LP1 is a good portable antenna from reports I have read in
> the news group. I own a SW7600G but not that antenna. I have been
> thinking about picking one of these up though.

If you frequently use the rx on batteries and/or receive stuff on 60,
definitely do that. My 7600G is weaker than the old SW7600 sensitivity
wise on a number of bands when run off batteries, and the AN-LP1 will
help signal levels significantly. Due to its band filters it also
reduces the effect of images from 49m on 60m (which had been annoying me
in the past) to the point where they become insignificant vs. real
signals. And last but not least, it's a very portable antenna solution
for what it does, and it works with a number of portables out of the box
without needing any fancy adapters.

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xP3-500E, 704 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W

Michael

Feb 8, 2005, 7:10:27 PM2/8/05

"JShorr" <jsh...@pobox.com> wrote in message

Hiya...

That is a great choice if you prefer to shell out some loot on an "out of
the box solution". It is also an option to spend next to nothing for some
standard hook up wire and apply some imagination.

I have a 7600gr and I use it off the whip for strong signals. At times,
I've also use it with my outdoor roof antenna. When I've use it with one of
the two antennas I have on the roof, I always use it with my pre-selector
too to help prevent overload and I apply some attenuation via the 7600gr's
adjustable attenuator. It is a great radio but it is still a portable that
wasn't intended to use with so much wire. So... I came up with a new
solution.

I've been using a new make shift antenna set up that has been working just
great. I have a mercury light pole in my bedroom that is colored black. I
took fifty feet of 22 gauge solid core wire with black insulation and I
wrapped it around the light pole. It is like doing a "broomstick" antenna
using the light pole as the broomstick. You can hardly notice the wire
against the light pole which is a plus. I soldered a jack to the end of the
wire that I plug into the external antenna hook up on the 7600gr. I've got
the other end of the wire insulated. It is really doing a respectable job.

So... I dont think you need to spend money for the AN LP1. If you are going
to use it as a semi-portable indoor home antenna, you can do quite well for
little money by constructing a basic wire antenna. It is also lots of fun
to experiment with antenna construction. If you want something to travel
with that you can deploy and then put away cleanly, the AN-LP1 is the better
option. It is also the better option if you dont want to fuss with making
your own antenna. If you do decide to buy the AN-LP1, you'll get very good
results with it above 4.000. It looks neet too. :-)
--
Respectfully,

Michael

Location: New Jersey
Primary Receiver: R-75 with full Kiwa mods
Antennas: G5RV, 200ft "Frankenstein" roof wire
Additional Radios: 7600GR,KA-1101,KA-1102
PL-550, KA-989, Info-Mate 837, GE-SR III
Westinghouse H-104 (seven tube)
Web Site: http://md_dxing.tripod.com

JShorr

Feb 8, 2005, 10:58:05 PM2/8/05
I'm not sure I'm ready to experiment, and I like how this antenna
looks. The problem is, I can't find it for sale... anywhere online...
Is it discontinued?

Michael

Feb 8, 2005, 11:54:02 PM2/8/05

> I'm not sure I'm ready to experiment, and I like how this antenna
> looks. The problem is, I can't find it for sale... anywhere online...
> Is it discontinued?

Did you try Universal Radio ??? I think I remember reading a post on this ng
about a year ago from some one that purchased one from them. I also saw one
on E-bay a few months back and the auction ended early. The buyer must have
contacted the seller and made him an offer.

Michael

Tom Sevart

Feb 9, 2005, 4:06:15 AM2/9/05
I've got to throw in my 2 cents here...

http://www.geocities.com/n2uhc/portablewire.html

This is an idea I came up with (though I don't claim to have invented it)
which works very well.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS

RHF

Feb 9, 2005, 12:13:47 PM2/9/05

tianli

Feb 7, 2005, 12:34:18 PM2/7/05

"JShorr" <jsh...@pobox.com> wrote in message

> I'm not sure I'm ready to experiment, and I like how this antenna
> looks. The problem is, I can't find it for sale... anywhere online...
> Is it discontinued?

It is not discontinued. You will be hard pressed to find an on-line order
form
for most Sony products because Sony does not authorize the advertisement of
on-line prices. So you must make a call to a Sony dealer to order in most
cases.

RHF

Feb 20, 2005, 9:49:27 AM2/20/05
FO&A,
.
For those who have been looking for one of these (getting hard
to find) Sony AN-LP1 Portable Active Shortwave Loop Antennas.
.
The eBay Seller "SunnyLife_JP" currently has Three(3) of these
Sony AN-LP1 Portable Active Shortwave Loop Antennas on eBay.
.

Sony AN-LP1 Portable Active Shortwave Loop Antenna
eBay Auction Item # 5752944311
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5752944311
Auction Ends / Closes : 27 FEB 2005 @ 22:13:55 PST
.
hope this helps ~ RHF
.
.

this-is@.invalid

Feb 20, 2005, 2:25:25 PM2/20/05
On 20 Feb 2005 06:49:27 -0800, "RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

I was asking about this antenna just a little while ago. Via some good
friends I acquired two of these antennas from this source. He is one
excellent provider.