Eton E5

YBZ

Nov 7, 2005, 8:02:28 PM11/7/05
Radio Intel wonders where it went. The Eton website doesn't list it.
Yet, in the November issues of Monitoring Times & Popular
Communications......there it is, along with the E1, E10, and E100.
Listing for $150 (US). Is this radio available or what?

Harveya...@aol.com

Nov 7, 2005, 8:07:48 PM11/7/05

Elton E5.. web link pulled...
Yeah, I saw it too, & then saw it dissappear..

- Probably marketing related.. don't anounce a new product whilst your
current one is selling well..
Hence, someone pulling the link..

( Interesting and related info below . . . )

http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/

cuh...@webtv.net

Nov 7, 2005, 8:11:35 PM11/7/05
Sounds screwey to me.I have just about decided I don't want anything
with the eton name on it regardless of price.
cuhulin

YBZ

Nov 7, 2005, 8:26:13 PM11/7/05
But is the E1 actually selling that well? The price seems to be the
factor.

GP

Nov 7, 2005, 8:33:47 PM11/7/05
I am very skepitical of Eton products...I bought a E10 a while ago but
returned it because there is no way a single conversion, no SSB radio
should cost $150..This radio was so cheaply made that the tuner knob
would keep coming off, and if you rotated the antenna on a angle it
would cut into the plastic case...I only hope that eton has their act
together with the new E1, because at $500 it better be worth it...

Harveya...@aol.com

Nov 7, 2005, 9:03:43 PM11/7/05

GP wrote:
> I am very skepitical of Eton products...I bought a E10 a while ago but
> returned it because there is no way a single conversion, no SSB radio
> should cost $150.

- An excellent reason for buying direct from China, IMHO;
- But true, you takes your chances..

Sometimes you get what you want..

cuh...@webtv.net

Nov 7, 2005, 9:22:06 PM11/7/05
Made in taiwan sangean radios are wayyyyy overrrrrr priced plastic JUNK
too.I owned two of them,I know what I am talking about.fed govy should
investigate ccrane company.Stay away them sangean radios.
cuhulin