Eton S350 DL -=V=- Grundig S350 : Audio Quality and Sound Output ?

RHF

Oct 26, 2005, 9:54:01 PM10/26/05
WalterB,

Eton S350 DL -=V=- Grundig S350 : Audio Quality and Sound Output ?

Unless the Eton S350DL has a different Audio IC then the
original Grundig S350 (TDA 2822M) to drive the single Speaker
then the sound improvement can only be slight : Just enough
to hear the difference.

However - If they are using a newer more powerful Audio IC
and possibly an added OutPut Driver : Then you would feel
and hear the 'difference' in the Audio Output and Quality.

Since Eton Corp only used a slightly bigger single Speaker it
is my opinion that the Eton S350DL uses the same Audio IC
(TDA 2822M) as the original Grundig S350 / Tecsun BCL-2000
Radios.

FWIW - Had the Eton Corp used a Pair (two) Speakers in the
new Eton S350 DL Radio with a Pair of Power Output Transisors
(like the GE Superadio II and III) : Then Clearly the Sound
Output and Audio Quality of the Eton S350DL would be far
superior to the Grundig S350 Radio.

TBL - Big is not neccessarily Better nor does it sound better.

and that's my two cents worth ~ RHF
.
.
. .
= = = In Grundi...@yahoogroups.com,
= = = "kb6hrt" <KB6HRT@h...> wrote:

Hi,

I brought a S350 and use it for hearing a distant FM station
around 100 miles away, it works quite well, was wondering if
the S350DL would sound a little better with the larger speaker
or do the two radios sound about the same?

Maybe some one that has both could coment.

The S350 that I have now works real good, I had one of the
first S350 and it had a lot of drift................

Thanks walterb
.
.

All are Welcome to Join the Grundig S350 / Tecsun BCL-2000
Eton S350DL / Tecsun BCL-3000 Radio Group on YAHOO !
The "New Generation of Super Radios".
The Grundig S350 and new Eton S350 DL are the everyday
common man's "Volks-DXing-Radio".
A low cost AM-FM-SW Radio with Good Sound for: the bedside, kitchen or
work shop; a sports radio at work and in the office;
or portable for On-the-Go Radio Enjoyment; much like the
GE Superadio I, GE Superadio II and GE Superadio III.
Many 'potential' Buyers of the Grundig S350 are looking
for a replacement/upgrade for their GE Superadios.
.
.
. .
.

cuh...@webtv.net

Oct 27, 2005, 12:28:05 AM10/27/05
Unless it is a big speaker in a wooden cabinet radio.
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Oct 27, 2005, 12:33:26 AM10/27/05
I have an old Popular Science magazine that dates from the 1960's
floating around here somewhere.The magazine has an article about how to
build a simple inexpensive device that turns a wall into a speaker.About
three or four years ago I saw a similar device on the internet.
cuhulin