antenna switch?

Lisa Simpson

Jun 21, 2006, 7:38:03 PM6/21/06
Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like to
be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .

Jim Hackett

Jun 21, 2006, 7:47:29 PM6/21/06
It won't hurt anything to just split the cable into 2. The loss in signal
will be negligible...

"Lisa Simpson" <no...@none.com> wrote in message

Lisa Simpson

Jun 21, 2006, 8:10:10 PM6/21/06
You're probably right, but I prefer to use a gadget that does it for me . .
.

"Jim Hackett" <h-a-c-...@pcpeople.com> wrote in message

Dale Parfitt

Jun 21, 2006, 8:43:33 PM6/21/06

"Jim Hackett" <h-a-c-...@pcpeople.com> wrote in message
> It won't hurt anything to just split the cable into 2. The loss in signal
> will be negligible...

Very poor engineering practice. L.O. leakage from one receiver can get into
the other receiver.
Most CATV splitters have decent isolation and insertion loss down to at
least 3-4 MHz- many well below that.
By using an appropriate splitter, you are guaranteed:
1. Equal splitting loss
2. Good port-port isolation (this keeps the L.O. from each RX from being
heard by the other, and splitting loss is no longer a function of what freq
each RX is tuned to).
3. Reasonable Z match

Dale W4OP

Jim Hackett

Jun 21, 2006, 8:52:18 PM6/21/06
Even if you inductively couple them? I don't generally like to make direct
connections to my portables and typically coil the wire around the antenna.

"Dale Parfitt" <p...@parelectronics.com> wrote in message

mi...@sushi.com

Jun 21, 2006, 9:13:59 PM6/21/06

What you really want is a multicoupler.
http://www.macom.com/sigint/PDF/410.pdf
This would do nicely. ;-)

I think if you have an amplified antenna (wellbrook for instance), a
simple passive splitter is passable for much of what you monitor. Of
course, if the signal is weak, the splitter will add noise. For
instance, I couldn't see using one for say AFN.

Message has been deleted

RHF

Jun 21, 2006, 9:40:02 PM6/21/06
LS,

One Antenna and Two Radios = One Antenna Switch ?

I perfer the Alpha-Delta to the Daiwa and MFJ
Two Position Antenna Switches --for- connecting
Two Radios to One Antenna.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/switch.html

-IMHO- DESK-TOP POSITION OFFERS BEST UTILITY
FOR "RECEIVE ONLY" USE SHORTWAVE RADIO
LISTENING (SWL) :
The 'design' {lay-out} of the Alpha-Delta Antenna Switch :
Having all the SO-239 Jacks on the same {Rear} Side
works better; when the Switch is laid on a Deck-Top
{Table Bench Top} with the rest of the Radio Gear;
and this Desk-Top position makes changing the Switch
very easy.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/switch/2415.html

ON-THE-WALL - If the Switch is going to be mounted
on a Wall; and not switched frequently then the Daiwa
and MFJ will work well too.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/switch/1864.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/switch/2811.html

NOTE - If this Antenna Switch were going to be used
for Transmitting then Being-on-the-Wall would be the
better {Safer} Mounting Location.

WHY - Physically having to Sand-Up and Reach-Over
to "Change" the Antenna Switch while not touching
anything else is a better operations lay-out then being
able to have One-Hand on the Key or Mic and the
Other-Hand on the Antenna Switch.

TIP - Consider a Shortwave Receiver Antenna Tuner /
Pre-Amplifier that has a built-in Antenna Switch for
use with Two Radios and Two Antennas. The MFJ-959
Pre-Amplifier and Antenna Tuner comes to mind.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/preamps/2574.html

hope this helps - iane ~ RHF
.
Shortwave Listener Antennas => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
SWL Antenna Group => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
.
The Shortwave Listener's Blessing :
SWL BLESSING => http://tinyurl.com/s2bjm
May You Never Tire of Listening to the Radio and Always
have Strong Signals and Noise Free Reception ~ RHF {ibid}
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/9233
.

/ \
.......!.......

Lisa Simpson wrote:

Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to

hook up 2 SW Receivers to 1 Antenna ?

Maybe a Switch is not what I mean, as I'd like to be able to
Receive on both Receivers at the same time . . .
.
.
. .

Telamon

Jun 21, 2006, 11:06:35 PM6/21/06
In article <vLkmg.63333$mh.5...@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com>,
"Lisa Simpson" <no...@none.com> wrote:

I looked around and nobody seems to make one. You might want to look at
the Ham stuff even though you don't have to have one that can take
transmit power levels.

Easier to make one than to buy one.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

dxAce

Jun 21, 2006, 11:13:25 PM6/21/06

Telamon wrote:

> In article <vLkmg.63333$mh.5...@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com>,
> "Lisa Simpson" <no...@none.com> wrote:
>
> > Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
> > receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like to
> > be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .
>
> I looked around and nobody seems to make one.

Sure they do! They are called splitters or multicouplers.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Telamon

Jun 22, 2006, 12:45:45 AM6/22/06
In article <449A0AD5...@milestones.com>,
dxAce <dx...@milestones.com> wrote:

I didn't see any inexpensive ones made for HF. Plenty of them at higher
frequencies or amplified units so who makes a simple unit for HF that is
a transformer or resistive coupled that has PL-259 connectors?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

how...@hisisp.com

Jun 22, 2006, 1:07:10 AM6/22/06
On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 23:13:25 -0400, dxAce <dx...@milestones.com>
wrote:

ICE makes some:
HF, 0.5-30MHz, 2 outputs 111-2A $26.00
they also have an amplifed modle for 112-2A $42.00
Check out the website:
http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/ice/reconly.html#Receive%20Signal

Happy Trails,
Howard

mi...@sushi.com

Jun 22, 2006, 1:24:37 AM6/22/06

How dare you agree with me, Challenged Boy!

gravity

Jun 22, 2006, 1:26:39 AM6/22/06
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/preamps.html

i can't vouch for the quality.

Gravity

mi...@sushi.com

Jun 22, 2006, 1:36:17 AM6/22/06

http://www.stridsberg.com/mca104a.htm
Stridsberg is the consumer grade gear most scanner enthusiasts use.

Telamon

Jun 22, 2006, 1:47:38 AM6/22/06
In article <449a2a57$0$16391$892e...@authen.yellow.readfreenews.net>,
"gravity" <gravity...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/preamps.html
>
> i can't vouch for the quality.

RF systems SP-1 looks like it but it's $99.95. I guess that's not
unreasonable but seems a little high.

I could build one for $20. Mini circuits have small transformers and you
would need to buy a metal box and three PL-259 connectors.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon

Jun 22, 2006, 1:52:30 AM6/22/06
In article <589k925f89dkjd4u1...@4ax.com>,
how...@hisisp.com wrote:

Yeah, I figured the Ham stuff would be more reasonably priced.

I don't know why a Google search came up empty.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon

Jun 22, 2006, 1:56:43 AM6/22/06
In article <1150954577.7...@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com>,
mi...@sushi.com wrote:

That's an active splitter for $185. Probably a good unit. I think DxAce
uses one.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

gravity

Jun 22, 2006, 2:23:44 AM6/22/06

"Telamon" <telamon_s...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote in message

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/preamps/1420.html

apologies if the OP needs an active unit.

Gravity

> --
> Telamon
> Ventura, California

dxAce

Jun 22, 2006, 6:31:16 AM6/22/06

Telamon wrote:

Yep, Stridsberg is the one.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

D Peter Maus

Jun 22, 2006, 9:20:23 AM6/22/06

Stridsberg, or ICE makes the couplers. Your choice of connector may
require mod, or adaptor.

http://www.stridsberg.com/prod01.htm

http://www.iceradioproducts.com/reconly.html#Receive%20Signal

David

Jun 22, 2006, 9:34:15 AM6/22/06
On 21 Jun 2006 18:31:24 -0700, "RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net>
wrote:

>LS,

>I perfer the Alpha-Delta to the Daiwa and MFJ
>Two Position Antenna Switches --for- connecting

Overkill. Use a CATV A/B switch.

Lisa Simpson

Jun 22, 2006, 1:13:57 PM6/22/06
I'm using an Eavesdropper "C" antenna, if that helps. I'll look into your
recommendation - thank you!

<mi...@sushi.com> wrote in message

Lisa Simpson

Jun 22, 2006, 1:14:25 PM6/22/06
How so? I'm interested . . .

Lisa Simpson

Jun 22, 2006, 1:15:09 PM6/22/06
Thanx - I'll check it out!

"D Peter Maus" <DPete...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

Lisa Simpson

Jun 22, 2006, 1:19:04 PM6/22/06
$20, eh?

Dale Parfitt

Jun 22, 2006, 1:28:14 PM6/22/06

> $20, eh?

A ferrite toroid, some magnet wire, 3 connectors and a box..

W4OP

Kim

Jun 22, 2006, 1:58:58 PM6/22/06
Pictures-article to make your own-

http:/www.dxing.info/equipment/rolling_your_own_bryant.dx

Kim

mi...@sushi.com

Jun 22, 2006, 2:39:01 PM6/22/06

If you are going to use a splitter, you might as well go active. In
either case (active or passive), you are going to get a bit more noise,
but the active design should have better isolation.

RHF

Jun 22, 2006, 4:54:59 PM6/22/06
mi...@sushi.com wrote:
> dxAce wrote:
> > Telamon wrote:

> > > That's an active splitter for $185. Probably a good unit. I think DxAce
> > > uses one.
> >
> > Yep, Stridsberg is the one.
> >
> > dxAce
> > Michigan
> > USA

- If you are going to use a splitter, you might as well go active.
- In either case (active or passive), you are going to get a bit
- more noise, but the active design should have better isolation.

For a "Combo" Antenna Splitter and {Active} Pre-Amplifier
when you want to use One Antenna with Two Receivers :
Then consider a Shortwave Receiver Antenna Tuner /

Pre-Amplifier that has a built-in Antenna Switch for
use with Two Radios and Two Antennas. The MFJ-959
Pre-Amplifier and Antenna Tuner comes to mind.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/preamps/2574.html

READ - One Antenna and Two Radios = One Antenna Switch ?
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/283d96b7a4b7af4b

Telamon

Jun 22, 2006, 5:15:33 PM6/22/06
In article <1151009699.4...@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,
"RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> mi...@sushi.com wrote:
> > dxAce wrote:

> > > Yep, Stridsberg is the one.
> > >
> > > dxAce
> > > Michigan
> > > USA
> >
> - If you are going to use a splitter, you might as well go active.
> - In either case (active or passive), you are going to get a bit
> - more noise, but the active design should have better isolation.

< Snip >

More money, more complicated but the amplification can mitigate loss of
signal and provide more isolation between outputs.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon

Jun 22, 2006, 5:19:12 PM6/22/06
In article <rOwmg.49825$mF2....@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,

Well when someone says "Splitter" I think of a simple transformer or
resistive unit. The stridsberg are powered, amplified units. Amplified
units are better then the simple splitters unless you have signal power
to spare.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon

Jun 22, 2006, 5:23:03 PM6/22/06
In article <RdAmg.82476$P2.3...@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com>,
"Lisa Simpson" <no...@none.com> wrote:

> How so? I'm interested . . .
>
> "Telamon" <telamon_s...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote in message
> > Easier to make one than to buy one.

You can put three resistors 16.7 ohms each together in a metal box with
three connectors or you could use a mini circuits transformer instead of
the resistors. In dBm the transformer would have the outputs about -3.5
dBm and the resistor version would be -6 dBm.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

D Peter Maus

Jun 22, 2006, 5:26:36 PM6/22/06

Each company makes both active and passive models. They're listed on
the same page each.

In fact, the Stridsberg passives actually use something similar to
the Mini Circuits transformers, if not the Mini Circuits transformers
themselves.

For a two port installation, passive will usually get you there. More
than that, and you're talking about a significant loss in level.

For as many receivers as I have, I use the actives. And I have units
from both companies.

Practically, there is little difference between them beyond the roll
off points.

Telamon

Jun 22, 2006, 5:47:25 PM6/22/06
In article <ciAmg.77454$YI5....@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com>,
"Lisa Simpson" <no...@none.com> wrote:

> $20, eh?

Well maybe a little more.

Mini circuits

This has package leads PSCJ-2-1 1 to 200 MHz for $25.95

This is surface mount but you can solder wires to it like the one above
SBTCJ-1W 1 to 750 MHz for $10.95

Radio Shack

SO-239 $3.29
Aluminum box 270-238 $2.99

So $23.81 with the surface mount unit.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon

Jun 22, 2006, 5:48:44 PM6/22/06
In article <OqAmg.1$il.0@trnddc03>,
"Dale Parfitt" <p...@parelectronics.com> wrote:

Yes, winding your own toroid would be cheaper than buying a mini
circuits transformer.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

r2000...@hotmail.com

Jun 22, 2006, 6:09:16 PM6/22/06

Lisa Simpson wrote:
> Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
> receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like to
> be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .

Try:<http://www.dxing.info/equipment/rolling_your_own_bryant.dx>

He links to tests he made of three commercial units.
I use the Mini Circuits ZFSC-2-1, they use BNC connectors which is what

all of my SW radios use. Adaptors can be found at your local Radio
Shack.

I have built 2 of the units he discribes for friends and they work very
well.

You may, or may not, be interested in digging through pasts posts by me

where I gave the real world results of using passive or non-amplifed
"splitters".

The slightly over 3dB of loss is trivial for most locations. I tried
many A/B tests,
with several different SW receivers, [R2000, R390, R392, R5000 DX398
and a
AOR7030] in several locations [at home, in the woods, by Cumberland
lake
and on top of a "mountain" flatened by strip mining]. The quiter the
location the
more difference ~3dB made, but I never found anywhere where it was the
deciding factor and could not find a signal that was "hearable" direct
and gone
through the splitter.

Terry

Lisa Simpson

Jun 22, 2006, 8:52:31 PM6/22/06
Ok, I'm no longer interested! : } Seriously, I have no skills such that
this requires. I'd rather just purchase one already made.

"Telamon" <telamon_s...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote in message

Lisa Simpson

Jun 22, 2006, 9:01:33 PM6/22/06
I wound up ordering one from arraysolutions.com, the "ICE Model 111-2A ICE
111-2A Passive HF 0.5-30MHZ 2 outputs" for $26; not bad!

"Lisa Simpson" <no...@none.com> wrote in message

Bob Miller

Jun 22, 2006, 9:12:14 PM6/22/06
On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 23:38:03 GMT, "Lisa Simpson" <no...@none.com>
wrote:

>Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
>receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like to
>be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .

Perhaps you want a small distribution amplifier?

bob
k5qwg

Lisa Simpson

Jun 22, 2006, 9:45:01 PM6/22/06
I might if I knew what is was & how I would benefit from owning it!

"Bob Miller" <NOS...@neosoft.com> wrote in message

Telamon

Jun 22, 2006, 10:48:26 PM6/22/06
In article <N3Hmg.82594$P2.4...@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com>,
"Lisa Simpson" <no...@none.com> wrote:

Yeah, that is a cheap price.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Bob Miller

Jun 22, 2006, 10:51:53 PM6/22/06
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 01:45:01 GMT, "Lisa Simpson" <no...@none.com>
wrote:

>I might if I knew what is was & how I would benefit from owning it!
>
>"Bob Miller" <NOS...@neosoft.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 23:38:03 GMT, "Lisa Simpson" <no...@none.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
>> >receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like
>> >be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .
>> >

>> Perhaps you want a small distribution amplifier?
>>
>> bob
>> k5qwg

My main familiarity was in using one to feed a single audio tape to 16
different radio stations, simultaneously, over the phone lines. One
input, 16 outputs; they're made in all sorts of configurations. If you
Google "distribution amplifier" you might find something that would
work for feeding two radios; then again, I don't really know... :-)

The mfj-4706 coax patch panel also looks interesting, tho' I don't
know if you can receive to both radios at the same time.

bob
k5qwg

mi...@sushi.com

Jun 23, 2006, 1:17:01 AM6/23/06

RF patch bays show up once in a while at flea markets. This assumes all
you want is a switch and not a multicoupler. If you buy one, get the
jumpers at the same time as they are all a little different. In fact,
you should ohm out the path, i.e. jumper and patch bay.

Another item you see once in a while at the flea market is the hp59307.
About $20. I never measure the response of the switch, but I can't
belive it wouldn't work well for HF.

<http://cgi.ebay.com/Hewlett-Packard-HP-59307A-VHF-Switch_W0QQitemZ7523913977QQcategoryZ25400QQcmdZViewItem>

RHF

Jun 23, 2006, 6:18:59 AM6/23/06
Telamon - true, True. TRUE ! :o) ~ RHF

However - Some Shortwave Listeners (SWL's) like to
have that Extra Box with All-the-Knobs on it to play with
so that 'they' can "Feel" that 'they' are in CONTROL !

Then Again - Other Shortwave Listeners (SWL's) are
very Happy with a 9:1 Matching Transformer at the
Antenna and a Coax Cable feed-in-line : For the very
fact that 'they' can Install-It-and-Forget-It - Happy to
simply Enjoy Listening to Their-Radios without the
need for any "Extra Knobs" to Play-With.
{ Please Don't Make It Complicated ! }

Since - I am down in Oakland, CA for the Night - I told
a look around sub-basement # 3 and found an old
Grove TUN-4 that is very much like the MFJ-959 unit.

iane ~ RHF
.

/ \
.......!.......

Bob Miller

Jun 23, 2006, 8:46:47 AM6/23/06
wrote:

>I might if I knew what is was & how I would benefit from owning it!
>
>"Bob Miller" <NOS...@neosoft.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 23:38:03 GMT, "Lisa Simpson" <no...@none.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
>> >receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like
>> >be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .
>> >

>> Perhaps you want a small distribution amplifier?
>>
>> bob
>> k5qwg

The one other thing I would mention, why not a "T" coax connector,
with high quality jumpers going to each receiver? I doubt you'd lose
much signal, if any, with that setup.

bob
k5qwg

Dale Parfitt

Jun 23, 2006, 11:39:07 AM6/23/06

> The one other thing I would mention, why not a "T" coax connector,
> with high quality jumpers going to each receiver? I doubt you'd lose
> much signal, if any, with that setup.
>
> bob
> k5qwg
See my earlier post on problems with this approach.
Dale W4OP

Telamon

Jun 23, 2006, 5:48:56 PM6/23/06
In article <1151057939.4...@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
"RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Telamon wrote:
> > In article <1151009699.4...@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,

> > > - If you are going to use a splitter, you might as well go active.
> > > - In either case (active or passive), you are going to get a bit
> > > - more noise, but the active design should have better isolation.
> >
> > < Snip >
> >
> > More money, more complicated but the amplification can mitigate loss of
> > signal and provide more isolation between outputs.
>

> Telamon - true, True. TRUE ! :o) ~ RHF
>
> However - Some Shortwave Listeners (SWL's) like to
> have that Extra Box with All-the-Knobs on it to play with
> so that 'they' can "Feel" that 'they' are in CONTROL !
>
> Then Again - Other Shortwave Listeners (SWL's) are
> very Happy with a 9:1 Matching Transformer at the
> Antenna and a Coax Cable feed-in-line : For the very
> fact that 'they' can Install-It-and-Forget-It - Happy to
> simply Enjoy Listening to Their-Radios without the
> need for any "Extra Knobs" to Play-With.
> { Please Don't Make It Complicated ! }
>
> Since - I am down in Oakland, CA for the Night - I told
> a look around sub-basement # 3 and found an old
> Grove TUN-4 that is very much like the MFJ-959 unit.

Looks like a good unit. It has an amplifier that you can bypass with a
switch, has an antenna selector switch and a tuner to peak a signal.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon

Jun 23, 2006, 5:56:40 PM6/23/06
In article <vWTmg.2116$Xn.1378@trnddc05>,
"Dale Parfitt" <p...@parelectronics.com> wrote:

> > The one other thing I would mention, why not a "T" coax connector,
> > with high quality jumpers going to each receiver? I doubt you'd lose
> > much signal, if any, with that setup.
> >

> See my earlier post on problems with this approach.

You mentioned interaction between the radios because there is no
isolation with a "T" connector. There would also be a 2:1 mismatch.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Dale Parfitt

Jun 23, 2006, 7:22:56 PM6/23/06

"Telamon" <telamon_s...@pacbell.net.is.invalid> wrote in message

Correct. In addition, the actual signal delivered to one receiver could well
depend on what freq the otehr receiver is tuned to. The degree would depend
on how each receiver's front end is tuned If it is a tracing band pass
filter, the results could be very very odd.
If one receiver is a regen...well, that's a nightmare.
Dale W4OP

SeeingEyeDogg

Jun 25, 2006, 12:49:26 AM6/25/06

"David" <ric...@knac.com> wrote

> >I perfer the Alpha-Delta to the Daiwa and MFJ
> >Two Position Antenna Switches --for- connecting
> Overkill. Use a CATV A/B switch.

Translation: Too expensive for an unemployed twit.

Ron Hardin

Jun 25, 2006, 7:19:28 PM6/25/06
Lisa Simpson wrote:

> Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
> receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like to
> be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .

Stridsberg Engineering MC102 receiver multicoupler

The advantage over splitting the cable is that one receiver doesn't see
the other one.

They have an amplified version as well.

BNC connectors, one input and two outputs. Or, if you want, in this
unpowered version, one output and two inputs.

--
Ron Hardin
rhha...@mindspring.com

Lisa Simpson

Jun 25, 2006, 7:43:39 PM6/25/06
Thank you!

"Ron Hardin" <rhha...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

RHF

Jun 25, 2006, 7:42:01 PM6/25/06
RH,

Everytime that I read your Sign-Tag-Line

"On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk."

I want to reply : Thank You For Reminding Me !

and now i have :o) ~ RHF
.
.
. .

RHF

Jul 12, 2006, 7:45:41 PM7/12/06
David wrote:
> On 21 Jun 2006 18:31:24 -0700, "RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net>
> wrote:
>
> >LS,

- - I perfer the Alpha-Delta to the Daiwa and MFJ
- - Two Position Antenna Switches --for- connecting

- Overkill. Use a CATV A/B switch.

For One and All,

Somewhere between the Ham Radio Antenna Switches
and the CATV type Antenna Switches are the CB (5W)
quality Switches like the Workman CX-3 Three Position
Coaxial Antenna Switch.
IMAGE => http://www.cbradioworld.com/inc/sdetail/256
http://tinyurl.com/nagpf
The Workman CX-3 has One SO-239 Jack on one-side
for a single Input-Output -and- Three SO-239 Jacks on
the other-side for a three Input-Outputs to 'select-from'.
The Workman CX-3 uses a Four Position Rotary-Wafer
type Switch enclosed in a Metal Box.
Note - The 4th position is "OFF".

The one advantage over the TV type Antenna Switches
-if- you are using Coax Cables with PL-259 Connectors
on the ends is there is no need for "F" Adapters.

However -if- One is using RG6 TV type Coax Cable with
"F" Connectors then the CATV type A/B Antenna Switch
may be a good option.