source for telescoping antenna w/PL259 connector?

Lisa Simpson

May 12, 2006, 11:06:39 PM5/12/06
Can anyone point me at a source to buy a telescoping antenna with a PL259
connector at right angles on it?

Frank

May 12, 2006, 11:13:48 PM5/12/06
You can use adapters with a BNC antenna.....

"Lisa Simpson" <no...@none.com> wrote in message

cuh...@webtv.net

May 13, 2006, 12:41:46 AM5/13/06
www.ramseykits.com sells some telescopic antennas for about $14.95,but
they have a BNC plug one one end.
cuhulin

mike maghakian

May 13, 2006, 12:59:45 AM5/13/06
I have some in varying sizes up to 6 feet for sale

cuh...@webtv.net

May 13, 2006, 2:31:06 AM5/13/06
If I had one,I would send it to her for free and I would pay the postage
too.What does a PL259 connector look like? I might just have an antenna
like that around here somewhere.Is it sort of like the plug on earphones
or earbuds?
cuhulin

Lisa Simpson

May 13, 2006, 8:22:24 AM5/13/06
Excellent - how much? Are they viewable/purchasable on the web?

"mike maghakian" <magh...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Gandhi

May 13, 2006, 9:19:55 AM5/13/06

<cuh...@webtv.net> wrote in

It is more like a banana plug with union. Like these:

http://www.eham.net/data/classifieds/images/177250.jpg

Regards,
Gandhi

cuh...@webtv.net

May 13, 2006, 12:46:31 PM5/13/06
I dont have anything like an antenna with a PL259 connector.There might
be some electronic stores online that sells them.Hooper's on Terry Road
at the old Mart 51 shopping center might have them.They are closed on
the weekends,I will check with them on Monday.
cuhulin

Joe Analssandrini

May 13, 2006, 6:56:19 PM5/13/06
Dear Ms. Simpson,

Here is just what you're looking for.

http://www.haydon.info/29_shortwave_antennas.htm

The company is located in the UK but you can contact them about
shipping to the USA. Their price is right.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Best,

Joe

RHF

May 13, 2006, 7:44:12 PM5/13/06
LS,

Building a Telescoping "Whip" Antenna for your Shortwave Receiver
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/9499

Here is "HOW TO" make a Telescoping {Whip} Antenna for use
with most Shortwave Receivers that do not have a built-in
Whip Antenna.

NEED - A 'temporary' Whip Antenna to use with your
Shortwave Receiver ?

WANT - A 'Reference' {Whip} Antenna to compare the gain
of your latest new in-door or out-side Antenna Project.

MOBILE - Thinking of going 'mobile' and need a simple
'back-of-the-radio' "Portable" Whip Antenna ?

JUST WANT - An "Emergency" Whip Antenna available to use
- just incase ?

HOW TO MAKE IT: It's as simple as this . . .
Go to Radio Shack and buy these three items.

1. "Replacement Telescoping Antenna" with Six (6)
Sections Extendsto 72".
- - - RadioShack Calalog # 270-1408B

2. "Right-Angle BNC Connector with Strain Relief"
(Solderless Male).
- - - RadioShack Calalog # 278-126

3. "UG-273/U RF Adapter" Adapts BNC Male to 'fit' a
SO-239 UHF-Type Female.
- - - RadioShack Calalog # 278-121

4. Assemble all three items together.

HOW TO USE IT: This Whip Antenna can be 'screwed
into' the SO-239 Connector on the back of the
Shortwave Receiver and extended in the upright
vertical position for best reception.

CAUTION: Use some care in handling and positioning
thisWhip Antenna as it is not excessively mechanically
strong for its long size.

ALTERNATIVE 'PORTABLE' WHIP ANTENNAS :

Banana Plug Flexiable Wire Whip Antenna
Take a Banana Plg and connect a 48" to 84" piece of
Insulated Hook-Up Wire to it. Tie a simple Overhand
Loop Knot in the Far-End for Rigging it in place. Then
plug the Banana Plug into the Center Pin of the SO-239
Jack and Rig the Far-End with a Thumb-Tack of String.

PL-259 Plug and Coax Cable Flexiable Wire Whip Antenna
Take a 60" to 84" piece of Coax Cable with a PL-259 Plug
on one end. About 12" from the PL-259 Plug carefully Cut
and Remove the Outer Insulation from the Coax Cable all
the way to the Far-End. Next carefully do the same for
the Shield Wires of the Coax Cable. You now have the
Center Conductor and Inner Insulator exposed for 48" to
72" as the Wire Antenna Element. Tie a simple Overhand
Loop Knot in the Far-End for Rigging it in place. Then
plug the PL-259 Plug into the SO-239 Jack and Rig the
Far-End with a Thumb-Tack of String.
-Note- This PL-259 Plug and Coax Cable Flexiable Wire
Whip Antenna can be made longer 12 to 18 Feet for
Picnics and Camping or a Out-the-Window Travel Antenna.
Anything larger-longer should be a "Snake" Antenna made
from Coax Cable.
READ - Building a "SNAKE" Antenna [Hidden / Stealth]
(End-Fed-Dipole Antenna)
ABOUT - The Snake {in-the--Grass} Antenna
-aka- "Grass Wire" Antenna
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/2844
Selecting an Active Antenna plus the Snake-in-the-Grass Antenna
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/1694
Snake-in-the-Attic SWL Antenna {Simplest Low Noise Attic Antenna}
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/313

hope this helps - iane ~ RHF
.
Shortwave Listener Antennas => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
SWL Antenna Group => http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
.
The Shortwave Listener's Blessing :
SWL BLESSING => http://tinyurl.com/s2bjm
May You Never Tire of Listening to the Radio and Always
have Strong Signals and Noise Free Reception ~ RHF {ibid}
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/message/9233
.
Tous Sont Bienvenus ! - - - Groupe par Radio
d'auditeur d'onde courte pour des Antennes de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Alle Sind Willkommen ! - - - Shortwave Radiozuhörer
Gruppe für SWL Antennen
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Tutti Sono Benvenuti ! - - - Gruppo Radiofonico
dell'ascoltatore di onda corta per le Antenne di SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Todos São Bem-vindos ! - - - Grupo de Rádio
do ouvinte do Shortwave para Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
Все Радушны ! - - - Группа оператора
на приеме коротковолнового диапазона
Radio для Aнтенн SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.
¡Todos Son Agradables! - - - Grupo de Radio del oyente
de la onda corta para las Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
.

/ \
-------!-------

Lisa Simpson

May 13, 2006, 10:12:36 PM5/13/06
Thank you!

"Joe Analssandrini" <analssa...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

mike maghakian

May 13, 2006, 11:30:45 PM5/13/06
item #1 has been discontinued for over a year

"RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
LS,

ALTERNATIVE 'PORTABLE' WHIP ANTENNAS :

Radio ??? A????? SWL