GE Superadio III earphone difficulty - and what is OHM rating

Ronald

Dec 13, 2003, 5:45:55 PM12/13/03
My Radio Shack mono earphone with 1/8" plug does not work unless it's
backed halfway out of the headphone hole. This is not satisfactory
because the slightest movement of the cable disconnects the sound.
I want to purchase a high quality Telex or Byerdynamics mono earphone
but need the ohm rating of the GE Superadio III speaker. Any other
suggestions for radio listening pleasure as one falls off to sleep ?
Could not be happier with the AM sensitivity and excellent sound.
I would prefer a small programmable AM/FM digital radio with equal AM
sensitivity but do not know what to buy.

Brenda Ann

Dec 13, 2003, 6:33:57 PM12/13/03

"Ronald" <esthe...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Your mono earphone does not work in the Superadio III because the headphone
jack (not the output itself) is stereo. This means it is set up to be used
with stereo headphones. When you plug a mono earphone all the way in, it
shorts out one channel of the stereo jack. Since the two channels are
connected directly together inside the radio, this also shorts out the other
channel, ergo, no sound.

The speaker system inside the Superadio III is a nominal 8 to 10 ohms
(though this doesn't matter for headphones, since there is a dropping
resistor in the headphone line which raises the effective impedence to the
headphones).

CW

Dec 13, 2003, 8:20:42 PM12/13/03
It's a stereo jack. The "ohm rating" as you put it makes no difference in
this application.

Ronald

Dec 13, 2003, 10:41:23 PM12/13/03
"Brenda Ann" <bre...@shinbiro.com> wrote in message news:<brg53c$fg2$1...@news1.kornet.net>...

Thank you for your detailed and prompt response. Radio Shack had a
stereo to mono headphone adapter that solved the problem. Now I will
locate a Telex dealer near me (Malibu, CA) and test various Telethin
receivers from 15 ohms to 500 ohms.

WShoots1

Dec 14, 2003, 12:11:41 AM12/14/03
If you have an 1/8" mono plug and an 1/8" stereo jack, then you need an
adapter, such as R.S. 274-374.

I would have bought stereo phones, which, with (a) suitable adapter(s) would
work at max on anything.

73,
Bill, K5BY

Rhavedx

Dec 14, 2003, 7:46:48 AM12/14/03
The GE Superadio III requires a stereo headset. I had the same thing when I
first bought mine, seems kind of a strange way to design a mono radio. Good
luck and enjoy.

Ron

elfa

Dec 14, 2003, 6:42:01 PM12/14/03
In article <20031214074648...@mb-m05.aol.com>, Rhavedx says...

My Superadio II needs stereo....won't work with mono so it seems the idea
started before the Super III.

elfa

Sherrill Martin

Dec 14, 2003, 8:51:37 PM12/14/03
How do you tell if a Superadio is I, II, or III?

Thanks,

Sherrill

N8KDV

Dec 14, 2003, 9:01:42 PM12/14/03
As I recall the Superadio I just says Superadio on the front, the II and III are
indicated on the front of the later models.

Tony Meloche

Dec 14, 2003, 10:08:44 PM12/14/03

N8KDV wrote:

> As I recall the Superadio I just says Superadio on the front, the II and III are
> indicated on the front of the later models.

Mine is a Superadio III, and is listed as "Model 7-2887". Hope that
helps.

Tony

> Sherrill Martin wrote:
>
> > How do you tell if a Superadio is I, II, or III?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sherrill
> >
> > elfa wrote:
> >
> > > In article <20031214074648...@mb-m05.aol.com>, Rhavedx says...

> > > My Superadio II needs stereo....won't work with mono so it seems the idea
> > > started before the Super III.
> > >
> > > elfa

WShoots1

Dec 14, 2003, 10:51:54 PM12/14/03
<< I had the same thing when I first bought mine, seems kind of a strange way
to design a mono radio. >>

I suspect only stereo chips are made these days.

Split audio can be useful, though, by monitoring one side with phones and
feeding the other side to a computer or recorder.

Bill, K5BY

Sherrill Martin

Dec 14, 2003, 11:00:51 PM12/14/03
Mine is Model 7-2887A. Guess that makes it a Superadio IIIA. ;<}

Brenda Ann

Dec 15, 2003, 1:57:57 AM12/15/03

"WShoots1" <wsho...@aol.com> wrote in message

It's only a mono chip in there. The two sides of the jack are simply
connected together. They do this because most people have or buy stereo
headphones, whereas mono headphones or earphones are rarely ever seen
anymore.

RHF

Dec 15, 2003, 2:48:14 AM12/15/03
Ronald,

For any other GE Superadio Questions or to Find Answers:

Here are two YAHOO eGroups that 'focus' on the GE Superadios.

* GE Superadio Group For Connoisseurs
GoTo=> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/longrange/
= = = About 75 Members and over 325 Messages.

G.E. Superadio III
GoTo=> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SuperadioIII/
= = = About 200 Members and over 450 Messages

Getting Over the Past and Moving Into the Future . . .

The the Next Generation of "SUPER RADIO" of the New Millemmium
is the Grundig S350 Broadcast Listener's Radio.

Check-It-Out at the Grundig S350 Radio eGroup at YAHOO !

= = = About 360 Members and over 1700 Messages

The Grundig S350 Super Radio is what everyone was 'wishing'
the GE Superadio 'IV' was going to be: But Much Better !
+ Analogy Tuning
+ Digital Frequency Display
+ High Sensitivity for AM/MW Band
+ Wide & Narrow IF Filters
+ RF Gain Control
+ LPF Low Pass Filter <30MHz
+ Shortwave Bands for International Broadcasters
+ FM Stereo via Line Outputs
+ Clock, Alarm and Timers

yilgr ~ RHF
.
.
= = = esthe...@hotmail.com (Ronald)

grumpus

Dec 15, 2003, 2:31:37 PM12/15/03
Hi, Superadio I's and II's are silver, black, and chrome, and are more
severely rectilinear in shape. III's are black with chrome accents
and have a more rounded body. To distinguish between models I and II,
look through the front grill. The II has a tweeter which the I does
not. There was also a Superadio II which was brown and silver in
color, not black and silver. Not to mention a host of spin-offs...the
fabled Digital Superadio, Superadio With Cassette, various Superadio
Boomboxes, and a model called the "Performer" which was a pared down
Superadio (C Cells instead of D) which lived up to its billing.

Regards,

Grumpus

KEN8038

Dec 15, 2003, 8:03:45 PM12/15/03
>and a model called the "Performer" which was a pared down
>Superadio (C Cells instead of D) which lived up to its billing.

Hmmm. I've had an SR 2 since about 1991, but I never heard of the Performer.
I'm interested ( I also have an old GE P780 which is my best MW DX radio of the
many radios I have). I just did a google and Ebay search but nothing turned up.
Can anyone elaborate on the Performer or direct me to a picture or a writeup.
Thanks.
--Ken

Brenda Ann

Dec 15, 2003, 8:29:45 PM12/15/03

"KEN8038" <ken...@aol.com> wrote in message

A lot of people called anything in a sub-boombox case made by GE a
"Superadio". The Performer series (there were several models) does not come
close to the Superadio class. Most had a larger than average speaker and a
longer than average loopstick, but did not have the tuned RF stage that the
Superadios have. Not many GE radios between the P780 and the Superadios did
have a tuned RF stage. I can't speak for their World Monitors, as I've never
had one of those to play with, but their AM only and AM/FM radios were
basic, no more than a pocket radio with a big antenna and speaker (and some
were downright BAD)

Brenda Ann

Dec 15, 2003, 8:41:46 PM12/15/03

"Brenda Ann" <bre...@shinbiro.com> wrote in message

BTW, I have a couple P-780's I could let go. Both play well, one needs the
dial string restrung (hamfisted Brenda with a soldering iron). Make me a
reasonable offer on one or both.

Stephen M.H. Lawrence

Dec 15, 2003, 9:54:01 PM12/15/03
Superradio 1 has volume and tuning sliders on the right - hand edge
of the radio, and is much smaller than II and III models.

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, MN

"N8KDV" <n8...@nospam.iserv.net> wrote in message

---

Brenda Ann

Dec 15, 2003, 10:18:19 PM12/15/03

"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" <7.3s...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Superradio 1 has volume and tuning sliders on the right - hand edge
> of the radio, and is much smaller than II and III models.
>
> 73,
>
> Steve Lawrence
> Burnsville, MN

Don't know which radio you are thinking of (perhaps one of the Performer
models?), but the SRI is nearly identical to the SRII, the only differences
being that the SRI has no tweeter, and used a heavier, metal power switch.
Other than that, you can swap the chassis between the two cases...

starman

Dec 16, 2003, 12:09:48 AM12/16/03

One of the GE 'World Monitors' (circa mid' 80's) was a clone of the
Panasonic RF-2900. It had full shortwave coverage along with AM (MW) and
FM. It was one of the better portables for it's time, although rather
large.

WShoots1

Dec 16, 2003, 1:26:43 AM12/16/03
<< It's only a mono chip in there. The two sides of the jack are simply
connected together. They do this because most people have or buy stereo
headphones, whereas mono headphones or earphones are rarely ever seen
anymore. >>

Ah so... Thanks.

Bill, K5BY

RHF

Dec 16, 2003, 3:09:01 AM12/16/03
SM,

GE Superadios for Dummies
= = = A 'picture' PHOTO Essay (12 Images)
Can Be Viewed in the PHOTOS Section of the "Long Range"
{GE Superadio Group For Connoisseurs] eGroup on YAHOO !

Photos and Descriptions of the three major GE Superadios
and a few of the other variations of same.

nbr ~ RHF
= = = No Brains Required - The Pictures Tell It All :o)
.
.
= = = Sherrill Martin <sfma...@swbell.net>

RHF

Dec 16, 2003, 3:10:32 AM12/16/03

RHF

Dec 16, 2003, 4:01:25 AM12/16/03

Rick

Dec 16, 2003, 10:24:01 AM12/16/03
I used to have the GE P-1810a Long Range and it was great on mw.
I lost it years ago and I've been looking for this radio for sometime now
with no luck.

--
73's
Rick

Drake R8 R8B
ICOM R75
Yaesu 7700
Hammarlund SP-600-JX-17

"When in doubt, mumble."

grumpus

Dec 16, 2003, 7:05:42 PM12/16/03
ken...@aol.com (KEN8038) wrote in message news:<20031215200345...@mb-m29.aol.com>...

> >and a model called the "Performer" which was a pared down
> >Superadio (C Cells instead of D) which lived up to its billing.

Ken, do a Google search for "The Super Radios By G.E."; this will
bring up photos of the Performer and other Superadio models, but I
caution you, it takes some time for the pictures to load. Also, if
you follow the other links, you will see that the host has an
absolutely fabulous collection of high end portable radios (how about
six or seven Satellit 700's lined up all in a row?).
As far as the performance of the Performer goes, I've not done much
DXing work with it, and Brenda is undoubtedly correct when she says it
doesn't hold a candle to the SR II, but it is a solidly built little
radio with wonderful tone and better than average sensitivity and
selectivity, much better I think than any run of the mill pocket model
of yore, and virtually all present day portables. A question for all
Superadio aficionados...must the radio wear the Superadio badge to be
considered a true Superadio?

Regards,

Grumpus

Brenda Ann

Dec 16, 2003, 7:30:38 PM12/16/03

"grumpus" <mwe...@madbbs.com> wrote in message

> A question for all
> Superadio aficionados...must the radio wear the Superadio badge to be
> considered a true Superadio?
>
> Regards,
>
> Grumpus

When it comes to the GE models, yes. Other radios they made that look
similar to the Superadio series are actually quite different circuit-wise.
Though you may experience performance levels above many other portables
(primarily because of the larger loopsticks), the basic chassis is pretty
much the same as any other small portable, or an IC pocket radio. Adding
larger antennas to those other portables will often bring their performance
up to these higher levels (think of what a loop antenna does for most
portables, it doesn't make so much difference on a properly aligned SRI or
II {there's no such thing as a properly aligned SRIII...})

KEN8038

Dec 17, 2003, 7:02:43 PM12/17/03
>Ken, do a Google search for "The Super Radios By G.E.";

Thanks for the tip (and thanks to the others that provided information too),

So...
Is The Performer the same as the 7-2875A (which is in the picture with several
other GE radios on that site)?. Thanks again.

RHF

Dec 18, 2003, 7:37:39 PM12/18/03
FO&A,

There are two eGroups on YAHOO!
= = = That are 'focused' on the GE Superadios (Super Radio).

* Here is a LINK to the "LongRange"
(GE Superadio Group for Connoisseurs) eGroup at YAHOO !

* Here is a LINK to the "Superadio III" eGroup at YAHOO !

Then there is the "Grundig S350" (Tecsun BCL-2000) radio which may be
what everyone was 'hoping' a GE-Superadio-IV was going to be.
- - - Grundig-USA may have got the jump on GE-Thomson CE (FR).

* Here is a LINK to the "Grundig S350" eGroup at YAHOO !
- - - The Grundig S350 will become . . .
The Next Generation of SUPER RADIO for the New Millennium.

ytissp ~ RHF
= = = Yes This Is Shameless Self Promotion !
.
.
= = = rhf-...@pacbell.net (RHF)

Lee Richardson

Dec 18, 2003, 8:21:10 PM12/18/03

"KEN8038" <ken...@aol.com> wrote in message

RHF

Dec 19, 2003, 4:31:11 AM12/19/03
FO&A,

* GE SUPERADIO I
General Electric Model # 7-2880
Speaker: Single/One 5".
Single Band Width.
Knobs: Black Body with Chrome Base Ring.
Size: 13"W - 9"H - 3.25"D
Badging 'General (GE) Electric' on the speaker grill.
Printed on the Tuning Band Scale: "Long Range" & "High Selectivity"
Made in HONG KONG and other locations

SR-II GE SUPERADIO II
General Electric Model # 7-2885
Speakers: Dual 5" and 1".
Single Band Width.
Knobs: Chrome (color) Body including the bases.
Size 13"W - 9"H - 3.25"D.
Badging: General (GE) Electric "SUPERADIO II" on the speaker grill.
Printed on the Tuning Band Scale: "Long Range" & "High Selectivity"
Made in MALAYSIA and other locations from 1987 until 1994.

SR III GE SUPERADIO III
General Electric Model # 7-2887
Speakers: Dual 6" & 1.5".
Dual Band Widths: Wide & Normal.
Knobs: Black Body with Chrome Base Ring.
Size: 13.5"W - 9"H - 3.75"D.
Badging: "GE" Square on the speaker grill.
Printed on the Tuning Band Scale: "Long Range" & "High Selectivity"
Made In CHINA ?

Photos of these three GE Superadios and more are on the
"Long Range" GE Superadio Group For Connoisseurs on YAHOO !
* Digital GE Supperadio+ (I) = Model 7-2882
* Cassette GE Superadio II = Model 3-5280C
* RadioShack (GE Superadio III) Clone = Optimus # 12-603
* GE "CUB" = Model 7-2881C

~ RHF

.
.
= = = rhf-...@pacbell.net (RHF)

RHF

Dec 19, 2003, 4:33:13 AM12/19/03
SMHL,

What you have described is the GE "CUB" Model 7-2881C a Superadio
Look-A-Like that was Smaller in Size and Not a True Superadio.

The "FIRST" GE Superadio was not marked (Badged) as a Superadio.
= = = The Model Number was 7-2880.

GE Superadio II Model # 7-2885

GE Superadio III Model # 7-2887

For more details read the "GE Superadios for Dummies"
Message/Thread here on Google.Rec.radio.Shortwave

mkia ~ RHF
.
.
= = = "Stephen M.H. Lawrence" <7.3s...@earthlink.net>
= = = wrote in message news:<dtuDb.7346$mC1....@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>...

> Superradio 1 has volume and tuning sliders on the right - hand edge
> of the radio, and is much smaller than II and III models.
>
> 73,
>
> Steve Lawrence
> Burnsville, MN

.

grumpus

Dec 19, 2003, 1:57:46 PM12/19/03
ken...@aol.com (KEN8038) wrote in message news:<20031217190243...@mb-m13.aol.com>...

Hi Ken, yes the Performer is model #7-2875A. I say this with some
assurance...it is identified as such in the last photo to load at the
Superadio website, and mine had an old "The Performer" label glued to
the top when I received it.

Regards,

Grumpus

KEN8038

Dec 19, 2003, 10:35:19 PM12/19/03
>Hi Ken, yes the Performer is model #7-2875A. I say this with some
>assurance...it is identified as such in the last photo to load at the
>Superadio website, and mine had an old "The Performer" label glued to
>the top when I received it.

Thanks. i've developed a real affection for the better GE radios. I'm going to
look for this one too. --Ken

RHF

Dec 20, 2003, 5:35:19 AM12/20/03
STARMAN,

GE World Monitor Model #7-2990

* Small Short 5"-6" Ferrite Rod Antenna.

* Small 1.5" Square Variable Tuning Capacitor

* Bad Mechanical Gear Train that developed a 'bump' in the Tuning
Systems.
= = = Bad design problem a 'smaller' Plastic Gear Squezzed on to a
'larger' Metal Shaft; and eventually the Plastic Gear Cracks: Hence
the bump, Bump. BUMP! as you turn the Tuning Knob.

TBL: Looked Like the Panasonic RF-2900 - But Was NOT !

FWIW: The older GE World Monitor SW Radio Model P-990A
Here is an Example to look at: eBay Auction Item # 3065386811
Also, GE Long Range Model P-783A eBay Auction Item # 3065396802

The these three Categories on "eBay" to Look for these radios are:

* Collectibles - Radio/Phonograph/TV/Phone - Radios - Transistor
Radios
http://listings.ebay.com/aw/plistings/category932/

* Computers & Electronics - Radios: CB, Ham & Shortwave
http://listings.ebay.com/plistings/list/all/category1500/

* Computers & Electronics - Portable Audio/Video - Portable AM/FM
Radios
http://listings.ebay.com/plistings/list/all/category16702/

jm2cw ~ RHF
.
.
= = = starman <sta...@tech.net>

RHF

Dec 20, 2003, 5:47:56 AM12/20/03
FO&A,

* The Super Radios by G.E. [ GE Superadio ]
http://www.grundigsw.com/Grundig/id14.html
= = = A PHOTO Essay by Paul and Cheryl Drake

* GE Super Radio Cassette [ GE Superadio ]
http://www.grundigsw.com/Grundig/id15.html

Check-Out the rest of there Radio Collection and WebPages.
http://www.grundigsw.com/Grundig/index.html

apiwatw ~ RHF
= = = A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words.

RHF

Dec 20, 2003, 2:42:07 PM12/20/03
FO&A,

Some Popular Radios for BCB DXing presented by the IRCA.

GoTo=> http://www.ircaonline.org/receiverphotos.htm

These are Photos of some Radios currently in use for DXing.
Most are AM/FM capable, and some can also pick up the Shortwave bands.

Includes Pictures of the all three GE Superadios plus two others:

* GE Superadio I

* GE Superadio II

* GE Superadio III

* GE Superadio III with built-in Cassette Player

* The RadioShack Optimus # 12-603 = GE Superadio III Clone

International Radio Club of America ( IRCA )
GoTo=> http://www.ircaonline.org/info.htm
FWIW: The IRCA (The International Radio Club of America) is a club
devoted to the hobby of hearing distant stations on the AM broadcast
band (510-1720 kHz). DX Monitor, the official publication of IRCA, is
published in "soft" form 35 times a year, weekly from October to
March, twice in September and April, and monthly from May to August
and in printed form 30 times a year (every other week September to
April, monthly from May to August). DX Monitor contains members'
loggings, articles on radio stations, receiver reviews, technical
articles, DX tips, and other material of interest to Broadcast Band DX
hobbyists. IRCA is a member of ANARC, the Association of North
American Radio Clubs

ompoiftf ~ RHF
= = = One More Piece Of Information For The "GE Superadio" File.

.
.
= = = rhf-...@pacbell.net (RHF)

elfa

Dec 20, 2003, 5:14:19 PM12/20/03
What's the consensus on the The RadioShack Optimus # 12-603? I've read some
websites that say is pretty close to the sensitivity of the Superadios. Anyone
have one and compared it to the Super II or III?

elfa

In article <e5e13af8.03122...@posting.google.com>, RHF says...

RHF

Dec 20, 2003, 9:02:45 PM12/20/03
ELFA,

I Glad That You Asked :o)

"Radio Shack Optimus 12-603: Is It the 'Same' as a GE Superadio III ?"
- - - Presented by Bruce Carter
GoTo=> http://www.geocities.com/rbrucecarter/12_603.htm
"A Visual Inspection 'revealed' that the R/S 12-603 Circuit Board
is completely different from the GE SR-III." - Bruce Carter

NOTE: This is one of over 30 LINKs and over 340 Archived Messages
available at the "Long Range" [GE Superadio Group for Connoisseurs]
eGroup on YAHOO !

FWIW: There is a "GE Superadio III" eGroup on YAHOO too.

igtya ~ RHF
.
.
= = = elfa <elfa_...@newsguy.com>

elfa

Dec 21, 2003, 12:32:50 AM12/21/03
Is the 12-903 (RS's replacement for the 12-603) any better than the 603? Did a
Google search and found nothing on the 903.

RHF

Dec 21, 2003, 5:00:49 AM12/21/03
ELFA,

In this case I think that Nothing-Nada-Zero(0) Says A Lot !
= = = As In A Big NOTHING [.]

~ RHF
.
.
= = = elfa <elfa_...@newsguy.com>

radiok3pi

Dec 21, 2003, 7:53:49 AM12/21/03
Elfa,

the 603/903 is a lousy radio in my opinion. I own the 603. It is
completely deaf (or nearly so) in the extended AM band (above 1600).
I bought the 903 and found it to have nearly no sensitivity across the
whole band...returned it the next day for another one which was the
same. I had to crank volume to nearly max just to hear locals
stations. Something tells me that these radios are coming out the
factory without the final adjustments being tweaked, etc. Anyway, the
Superadio III is a much better radio. The 603/903 does have better
dial alignment.

To answer your question. The 603 is better than 903. But I wouldn't
have either one.

elfa

Dec 21, 2003, 3:46:27 PM12/21/03
In article <53da5b99.03122...@posting.google.com>, radiok3pi says...

>Elfa,
>
>the 603/903 is a lousy radio in my opinion. I own the 603. It is
>completely deaf (or nearly so) in the extended AM band (above 1600).
>I bought the 903 and found it to have nearly no sensitivity across the
>whole band...returned it the next day for another one which was the
>same. I had to crank volume to nearly max just to hear locals
>stations. Something tells me that these radios are coming out the
>factory without the final adjustments being tweaked, etc. Anyway, the
>Superadio III is a much better radio. The 603/903 does have better
>dial alignment.
>
>To answer your question. The 603 is better than 903. But I wouldn't
>have either one.

Thanks. I have a Super II and love it. I was just wondering as both RS radios
sell/sold for more than the Super III.

elfa

RHF

Dec 22, 2003, 7:51:35 AM12/22/03
ELFA,

FWIW: Keep the GE Superadio II [.]

Of the the three GE Superadios the "II" is the BEST
and has the Best Value -=V=- Price on eBay.

GE Superadio Prices on eBay for . . .

~ RHF
.
.
= = = elfa <elfa_...@newsguy.com>

= = = wrote in message news:<bs50r...@drn.newsguy.com>...

.

elfa

Dec 22, 2003, 2:58:36 PM12/22/03
Got it at a junk store for $10.

elfa

In article <e5e13af8.03122...@posting.google.com>, RHF says...

RHF

Dec 26, 2003, 3:37:29 PM12/26/03
FO&A,

More GE Superadio "Super Radio" Information for Dummies.
? How To Identify a GE Superadio ?
? What is a GE Superadio ?
? When a Super Radio is NOT a Superadio ?

Here is another WebSite that focuses on the GE Superadio.

* Doug's GE Superadio III Alignment Page
http://users.netonecom.net/~swordman/Radio/GEsrIIIAlign.htm
- - - Presented by Doug [K8RFT]

* * Parts Layout
http://users.netonecom.net/~swordman/Radio/sr3layout.htm
- - - Presented by Doug [K8RFT]

PLUS: Here is a LINK to the "Grundig S350" eGroup at YAHOO !

IMHO: The Grundig S350 is becoming . . .

The Next Generation of SUPER RADIO for the New Millennium.

hasrd ~ RHF
= = = Have A Super Radio Day.

.
.
> [...]

> > > "Long Range" GE Superadio Group For Connoisseurs on YAHOO !

> > > superadio superadio superadio superadio superadio superadio
> > > * Digital GE Supperadio+ (I) = Model 7-2882 = "Super Radio"
> > > * Cassette GE Superadio II = Model 3-5280C = "Super Radio"

> > > * RadioShack (GE Superadio III) Clone = Optimus # 12-603

> > > * GE "CUB" = Model 7-2881C = Not a "Super Radio"

> > > ~ RHF
> > > .
> > > .
> > > = = = rhf-...@pacbell.net (RHF)

. . . . . . superadio superadio superadio superadio superadio
. . . . . superadio superadio superadio superadio superadio
. . . . superadio superadio superadio superadio superadio
. . . superadio superadio superadio superadio superadio
. . superadio superadio superadio superadio superadio
. superadio superadio superadio superadio superadio

KEN8038

Dec 26, 2003, 6:19:59 PM12/26/03
My "membership" has been pending to the Longrange group for about 2 weeks now.
It must be a tough club to get in to. --Ken

RHF

Dec 27, 2003, 12:55:24 AM12/27/03
KEN,

Log-On-To YAHOO Groups: [Membership Required]

Top of the Left Column - under "SIGN IN:"

* New Users: Click here to Register

* Registered Users: Sign In !

To Contact the eGroups Owner/Moderator:
MailTo:longran...@yahoogroups.com
GE Superadio Group For Connoisseurs <longran...@yahoogroups.com>

ihthbh ~ RHF
= = = I Hope This Has Been Helpful.
.
.
= = = ken...@aol.com (KEN8038)
= = = wrote in message news:<20031226181959...@mb-m20.aol.com>...

.

RHF

Jan 3, 2004, 9:48:25 AM1/3/04
FO&A,

The GE Superadio Frequently Asked Questions List
( superadio - superadios - super radio - super radios )

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze20h45/radio/superadio/gesr_faq.html

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze20h45/radio/superadio/gesr_faq.pdf

- - - Compiled by David C. Moisan [N1KGH]

PLUS: There are two eGroups on YAHOO !

That are 'focused' on the GE Superadios (Super Radio).

* Here is a LINK to the "LongRange"
(GE Superadio Group for Connoisseurs) eGroup at YAHOO !

* Here is a LINK to the "Superadio III" eGroup at YAHOO !

BONUS: Then there is the Grundig S350 "Super Radio"
(aka: Tecsun BCL-2000) Radio which may be what everyone

was 'hoping' a GE-Superadio-IV was going to be.

Here is a LINK to the "Grundig S350" eGroup at YAHOO !
The Grundig S350 has become . . .

The Next Generation of SUPER RADIO for the New Millennium.

ompoiftf ~ RHF
= = = One More Piece Of Information For The "GE Superadio" File.

= = = (RHF) wrote in message news:<e5e13af8.03122...@posting.google.com>...

> . . . super radio super radio super radio super radio super radio
> . . super radio super radio super radio super radio super radio
> . super radio super radio super radio super radio super radio

. ge superadio ge superadio ge superadio ge superadio ge superadio

.

RHF

Jan 11, 2004, 3:38:23 AM1/11/04
FO&A,

The G.E. Superadio III Circuit Board Layout Drawing and
Ferrite Rod Antenna (L 6) - by Christopher King & Paul Sexton
GoTo=> http://www.paulplu.demon.co.uk/sr3/
NOTE: It's not perfect but it can be used to align a dismantled
GE Superadio III.

Location: Paul's Radio Museum WebSite
GoTo=> http://www.paulplu.demon.co.uk/radio/index.htm
- presented by Paul Sexton

The above can be use with the GE Superadio III "Parts Layout"
GoTo=> http://users.netonecom.net/~swordman/Radio/sr3layout.htm
A 'copy' of a hand Drrawn "SKETCH" of the Circuit Board Component
Layout of the GE Superadio - presented by Doug Vander Laad

QUESTION: Anyone actually have an 'original' "Service Manual" or a
'paper photo copy' or 'pdf copy' of the any of the GE Super Radios ?

* GE Superadio I

* GE Superadio II

* GE Superadio III

Please Contact Me by posting here

= = = (RHF) wrote in message news:<e5e13af8.04010...@posting.google.com>...

> > > .
> > > . How do you tell if a Superadio is I, II, or III ?
> > > .
> > > .
> > > . "Super Radio" "Super Radio" "Super Radio" "Super Radio"
> > > . "Super Radio" "Super Radio" "Super Radio" "Super Radio"
> > > . "Super Radio" "Super Radio" "Super Radio" "Super Radio"

> > > . superadio superadio superadio superadio superadio
> > > . superadio superadio superadio superadio superadio
> > > . superadio superadio superadio superadio superadio

> > > . super radio super radio super radio super radio super radio
> > > . super radio super radio super radio super radio super radio
> > > . super radio super radio super radio super radio super radio
> > > . ge superadio ge superadio ge superadio ge superadio ge superadio
> > > . ge superadio ge superadio ge superadio ge superadio ge superadio
> > > . ge superadio ge superadio ge superadio ge superadio ge superadio

> > > . grundig s350 grundig s350 grundig s350 grundig s350 grundig s350
> > > . grundig s350 grundig s350 grundig s350 grundig s350 grundig s350
> > > . grundig s350 grundig s350 grundig s350 grundig s350 grundig s350
> > > . Volks DX DXer DXing Volks DX DXer DXing Volks DX DXer DXing
> > > . Volks DX DXer DXing Volks DX DXer DXing Volks DX DXer DXing
> > > . Volks DX DXer DXing Volks DX DXer DXing Volks DX DXer DXing
> > > .
> > .
> .
.

RHF

Jan 22, 2004, 2:04:03 PM1/22/04
FO&A,

The Moderator of the "LONGRANGE" eGroup on YAHOO !
[ GE Superadio Group For Connoisseurs ]

Click-On the [Join This Group!] Button.

Has recently processed and approved some twenty (20) memberships.

Anyone Intereseted in the GE Superadio I, II and III; should
consider Joining this eGroup.

hth ~ RHF
.
.