Google Gruppi non supporta più i nuovi post o le nuove iscrizioni Usenet. I contenuti storici continuano a essere visibili.

Why Obama Should Kick His Own Ass

0 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

∅baMa∅ Tse Dung

da leggere,
20 giu 2010, 16:25:1220/06/10
President Barack Obama made news on The Today Show when he talked
about kicking some ass over the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

If he is interested in punishing those responsible for what is shaping
up as one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history, he
should think about giving himself a boot.

While BP is ultimately responsible for the spill (and for cleaning it
up), the federal government is a major player in the problem for at
least three reasons:

http://reason.com/blog/2010/06/10/reasontv-3-reasons-why-obama-s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quk0tb2qUwY

dave

da leggere,
20 giu 2010, 19:59:3320/06/10
∅baMa∅ Tse Dung wrote:

> While BP is ultimately responsible for the spill (and for cleaning it
> up), the federal government is a major player i

If you drive it is your fault.

First Post.

da leggere,
20 giu 2010, 20:19:1720/06/10
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 15:59:33 -0800, dave <da...@dave.dave> wrote:

You using a computer makes it your fault as well.
As well as you drinking anything from any plastic container and using
any one of a multitude of products that would not exist if not for
crude oil.
There would not even be an asphalt road for you to ride your little
bicycle on if not for crude oil.
Even the greenest of greenies utilize crude oil in one form or another
dozens of times on any given day.

Il messaggio è stato eliminato

dave

da leggere,
20 giu 2010, 22:26:1720/06/10
First Post. wrote:

> You using a computer makes it your fault as well.
> As well as you drinking anything from any plastic container and using
> any one of a multitude of products that would not exist if not for
> crude oil.
> There would not even be an asphalt road for you to ride your little
> bicycle on if not for crude oil.
> Even the greenest of greenies utilize crude oil in one form or another
> dozens of times on any given day.

Well then. It appears to be your fault as well. I don't feel so bad now.

RHF

da leggere,
21 giu 2010, 03:41:0721/06/10

Prez Obama asks :
Have You Hugged an Oil Derick Today ?
-cause- BP Needs Your Love ~ RHF

* * * Daily News Alert * * *
[Two Months and Two Days Up-Date]
This is the 62 Day of the 21st Centuries Greatest
Ecological Disaster : The Obama Oil Spill of 2010*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BP_Oil_Spill
* Big Government Inaction {Un-Action}
.
All the while Prez Obama continues to Lip Sync
to the Teleprompter and Pose for the TV Cameras :
But Prez Obama Is Doing Nothing To Actually Stop
the Oil Spill by using all the Resources of the US
Federal Government; and Funding each of the
affected States to Clean-Up the Mess at their
Coastlines and in their Coastal Waters.
Prez Obama : failure, Failure. FAILURE !
Obama Regime : inept, Inept. INEPT !
Obama & BP : corrupt, Corrupt. CORRUPT !

Hello Prez Obama Suing BP Ain't the Answer :
STOPPING THE LEAKS OIL SPILL and
CLEANING-UP THE ENVIRONMENT IS !
.
Praise Be The Obama ! - my prez-a-duntz ~ RHF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K17kA50c1zs
All Hail to Our Lord and Savior Prez Obama !
.
Prez Obama has collected {illegally extorted} a
$20B Political Slush Fund being administered
internally by the Obama Regime
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/19/us/19escrow.html
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/06/17/christian-whiton-obama-bp-g...

* Obama Regime's "Chicago-style Shakedown Politics."
http://www.aolnews.com/the-point/article/rep-joe-barton-calls-20-bill...

Note $20B of "Free [Slush] Money" without any
Congressional Oversight or Public Controls like
the legally formed by US Law independent and
autonomous September 11th Victim Compensation
Fund.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11th_Victim_Compensation_Fund
.
The US Congress needs to step-in and create a
Law to Channel, Track and Control how this BP
Oil Spill "Relief Money" is being Spend and have
Full Accountability to the American People
-versus- Allowing Prez Obama and the inner circle
of the Obama Regime Hand-Out Some Obama
"Cash" Money -aka- Obama-Cash "Street Money"
as Political Spoils to Buy Votes.
.

dave

da leggere,
21 giu 2010, 10:03:2921/06/10
RHF wrote:

> Prez Obama asks :
> Have You Hugged an Oil Derick Today ?
> -cause- BP Needs Your Love ~ RHF

STFU! I live in the oldest producing oil field in the world.

http://www.scvhistory.com/scvhistory/ch1020.htm

bpnjensen

da leggere,
21 giu 2010, 10:41:0921/06/10
On Jun 20, 7:26 pm, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:

My PC runs off solar.

D. Peter Maus

da leggere,
21 giu 2010, 11:08:0221/06/10
On 6/21/10 09:41 , bpnjensen wrote:

> My PC runs off solar.

Which equipment are you using to achieve that?

bpnjensen

da leggere,
21 giu 2010, 12:23:3021/06/10

This is at work. Here at work, we have a large array over the parking
lot that supplies a bunch of energy to our complex every day, rain or
shine, and it's prtety efficient. I don't know the manufacturer, but
I could find out. Extra to run back to the grid, too. That meter
turns backwards starting shortly after sunrise and won't quit all day.

Our land use policies encourage solar on every rooftop and parking lot
around. We're looking for ways to subsidize those as much as
possible. I have been given to understand that Alameda County, as an
entity, uses a higher ratio of solar energy than any other County in
the U.S. - but that may have changed. We're trying :-)

At home, my not-too-distant future intent is to get a substantial
solar panel on the rooftop, maybe even a small wind turbine to
augment. We're breezy enough here so that such a system would be
worthwhile. I'd have to think about a storage battery or fuel cell.
Maybe a compressed air storage system? There are some other
technologies coming around too. I'm a big fan of Thorium nuclear,
which is going to be coming aboard in India, China, maybe France in
the next few years. Working prototypes have been around for decades,
some industries use small versions right now. Much less troublesome
than U or Pu nuclear in every respect, and plenty of fuel for hundreds
of years - until we get Fusion working.

Bruce Jensen

rod

da leggere,
21 giu 2010, 14:42:3221/06/10

****Hey Blow Job Jensen, STFU! WTF! Big f%cking deal your laptop runs
on "solar". STFU BJ. And your meter runs backwards all day "selling
back into the grid". STFU! We all know one thing for sure, YOU DIDN't
PAY for any of it so shut your pie hole. Yea, I'm sure you are going
to rush right out and buy a gigantic solar panel for your roof and a
wind turbine to supplement it, you @$$ H%LE!

D. Peter Maus

da leggere,
21 giu 2010, 14:53:4521/06/10

He might not. But I will. And I can run my entire radio operation
on it all. In that sense, his information is useful. Which is why I
asked for him to describe it.

bpnjensen

da leggere,
21 giu 2010, 15:20:1521/06/10
>    p- Hide quoted text -

Rod's a funny guy, eh? ;-)

D. Peter Maus

da leggere,
21 giu 2010, 15:49:5021/06/10

Ya think? Rod's just another guy who can't countenance thinking
that doesn't reflect his own.

It's not like I've not encountered it before.

I'm intrigued by the Thorium nuclear, though. That would seem to
have promise.

But if you can come up with a make of the solar panels you're
using out there, I'd appreciate it.

The solar we can get around here is installed according to local
common practices. The vendors will come out and evaluate what they
believe is your need (and there is frequently a difference between
what you need and what they want you to need) calcuate a 75% limit
of their evaluation, and they'll sell you that capacity. No more.

So, I'm still looking for equipment that will meet my needs,
stand up to the weather, here, and can be installed to my full
demand capacity.

I'd love to get off the grid. If for no other reasons than to
piss them off.

cuh...@webtv.net

da leggere,
21 giu 2010, 15:44:4721/06/10
A laff a minute!
cuhulin

bpnjensen

da leggere,
21 giu 2010, 16:40:3921/06/10
> piss them off.- Hide quoted text -

I think Rod's just a troll.

I don't blame you one bit. We may have self-imposed limitations on
proportional capacity here as well - at least until recently, it may
have been possible for Pacific Gas & Electric to not approve a hookup
of anything larger than the average daily use for the household - they
really don't want to pay for any of the "backwash" from indepenedent
users. There is a law that says they must pay for some tiny increment
(a couple percent), and they have actually since voluntarily increased
their allowance to about 2.5% since state law now requires them to
increase their renewable portfolio over the next 10 years.

If you wanted to be self-contained, they could not do anything about
it.

The manufacturer for our County facility may or may not do small jobs,
but I can check for you. If I were you, and money was not a big
object, I'd shoot for the most efficient panels available to help out
on those dreariest winter days. Also bear in mind that a panel only
puts out max energy when it is aimed straight at the sun's disc -
otherwise it will vary roughly according to the cosine of the incident
angle (I bet you knew that!).

I'll see what I can find out.

Bruce

D. Peter Maus

da leggere,
21 giu 2010, 16:47:2721/06/10
> have been possible for Pacific Gas& Electric to not approve a hookup

> of anything larger than the average daily use for the household - they
> really don't want to pay for any of the "backwash" from indepenedent
> users. There is a law that says they must pay for some tiny increment
> (a couple percent), and they have actually since voluntarily increased
> their allowance to about 2.5% since state law now requires them to
> increase their renewable portfolio over the next 10 years.
>
> If you wanted to be self-contained, they could not do anything about
> it.
>
> The manufacturer for our County facility may or may not do small jobs,
> but I can check for you. If I were you, and money was not a big
> object, I'd shoot for the most efficient panels available to help out
> on those dreariest winter days. Also bear in mind that a panel only
> puts out max energy when it is aimed straight at the sun's disc -
> otherwise it will vary roughly according to the cosine of the incident
> angle (I bet you knew that!).

I thought that was the SINE of the incident angle. The closer to
90 degrees, the higher the output.

Winter is a different animal, here than it is there. But summer
months, I can go off the grid entirely.

I did look into geothermal, too. The smallest generator available
was about half a megawatt. Which would make some of my neighbors
very happy, too. But that's still under investigation.

heheheheh.

> I'll see what I can find out.

Thanks.

bpnjensen

da leggere,
21 giu 2010, 17:01:4721/06/10
On Jun 21, 12:49 pm, "D. Peter Maus" <dpeterm...@att.net> wrote:

>    I'm intrigued by the Thorium nuclear, though. That would seem to
> have promise.

FYI - Thorium fuel is mixed into a liquid solution for its reaction.
It has an apparent high neutron density, which means that you get a
lot of juice for modest fuel amounts; it generates a waste product far
smaller than the comparable U/Pu reactor, and the half-life is
measured in hundreds rather than 10,000s of years, so it's a heck of a
lot easier to manage, and then afterward can be disposed of as an
ordinary ash material. Typically designed Thorium reactors appear to
have no mechanism by which they can "melt down" as their reactions can
be highly controlled through concentrations; and despite the fact that
thorium is not a household name, we have gobs of the stuff. Moreover,
if you add existing nuclear waste that nobody wants to the Th reactor,
the darn thing can burn that stuff up too!

They have been used on subs.

Why don't we have them? Probably because they are incapable of
generating weapons-grade material as a by-product, which made them
less desirable than U/Pu designs for R&D by the military.

It strikes me that we could use this characteristic as either a
bargaining chip or a "gotcha" for Iran - if we offered to ease up on
them if they use thorium reactor tech instead of what they're doing
for the nukes, and they still balked, it would be mighty damned hard
for them to explain away their stubborn attitude about their nuke
development. OTOH, if they embraced the thorium idea, a potential
disaster might be defused.

More details:

http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf62.html

If you have lotsa time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZR0UKxNPh8

Bruce

Krypsis

da leggere,
21 giu 2010, 17:04:4321/06/10

Rod is Greggs pal, Nurk.

Krypsis

cuh...@webtv.net

da leggere,
21 giu 2010, 16:57:3821/06/10
Build some Minto Wheels and hook em up.

http://www.devilfinder.com
Minto Wheel
cuhulin

D. Peter Maus

da leggere,
21 giu 2010, 18:04:4121/06/10

Very interesting read.

Joe from Kokomo

da leggere,
21 giu 2010, 22:03:3221/06/10
On 6/21/2010 12:23 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

> ...until we get Fusion working.

Fusion = combining two Hydrogen atoms to form one Helium atom.

In other words, the "waste product" of a fusion reaction is...helium.

The good news is, lots of power. The bad news is, we will all talk like
Alvin the chipmunk. :-(

Joe from Kokomo

da leggere,
21 giu 2010, 22:03:5421/06/10

On 6/21/2010 5:04 PM, Krypsis wrote:

> Rod is Greggs pal, Nurk.

Nurk the Jerk?

cuh...@webtv.net

da leggere,
21 giu 2010, 22:24:3821/06/10

Krypsis

da leggere,
21 giu 2010, 23:23:1021/06/10
One and the same!

Krypsis

LarbGai

da leggere,
22 giu 2010, 00:01:4022/06/10
On Jun 22, 9:04 am, Krypsis <kryp...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Rod is Greggs pal, Nurk.
>

> Krypsis-

****** And Krypsis is the catalyst that causes ALL the trouble around
here.

What a silly old tart he is.

*GRIN*

RHF

da leggere,
22 giu 2010, 01:32:1822/06/10
On Jun 21, 7:03 am, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:
- - RHF wrote:
- - Prez Obama asks :
- - Have You Hugged an Oil Derick Today ?
- - cause- BP Needs Your Love ~ RHF

Pre$ Obama also asks
Have You Hugged an BP Oil Executive Today ?
- - cause- BP Gave Pre$ Obama all the Free
'Obama' Money to Hand-Out to Pre$ Obama's
Friends - we love you pre$ obama ~ RHF
.

- STFU!  I live in the oldest producing oil field
- in the world.
- http://www.scvhistory.com/scvhistory/ch1020.htm

Dave you 'nose' is getting longer again - - - - - >
The Oil Creek Valley of Pennsylvania between
Oil City and Titusville -circa- 1859 is one of the
oldest Oil Fields of the World according to many.
-note- While others say Poland in 1853
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_petroleum

But Dave . . . being so close {living on top of}
such 'pollution' goes a long way to explain
many of your 'toxic' posts . . . ~ RHF
.
.

* * * Daily News Alert * * *

[Two Months and Three Days Up-Date]
This is the 63 Day of the 21st Centuries Greatest

RHF

da leggere,
22 giu 2010, 01:35:2022/06/10

- My PC runs off solar.

BpnJ - Have You Hugged Your PC Today :o) ~ RHF
.
-ps- my pc runs off wind-power . . .
:-} cause ;-} i am full of hot air ~ RHF
.

RHF

da leggere,
22 giu 2010, 01:43:1022/06/10

PDM - If you have a 'source' of 24H/7D/52W
'free' running water that is usually the best way
of getting off the grid at the lowest cost. ~ RHF
.

dave

da leggere,
22 giu 2010, 08:23:2422/06/10
RHF wrote:
> On Jun 21, 7:03 am, dave<d...@dave.dave> wrote:

> - STFU! I live in the oldest producing oil field
> - in the world.
> - http://www.scvhistory.com/scvhistory/ch1020.htm
>
> Dave you 'nose' is getting longer again - - - - ->
> The Oil Creek Valley of Pennsylvania between
> Oil City and Titusville -circa- 1859 is one of the
> oldest Oil Fields of the World according to many.
> -note- While others say Poland in 1853
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_petroleum
>
> But Dave . . . being so close {living on top of}
> such 'pollution' goes a long way to explain
> many of your 'toxic' posts . . . ~ RHF
> .
> .

The oldest modern production oilfield. And we have a really old
refinery too.

http://www.scvhistory.com/scvhistory/ap2926.htm

bpnjensen

da leggere,
22 giu 2010, 12:51:0822/06/10

Things could be worse - we could all talk like Gilbert Gottfried...

bpnjensen

da leggere,
22 giu 2010, 12:51:3922/06/10

No, but I've hurled raspberry jelly at it!

cuh...@webtv.net

da leggere,
22 giu 2010, 13:09:2522/06/10
My computer runs on house juice and my APC back up and my Brick Wall
surge suppressor.
http://www.brickwall.com
cuhulin

RHF

da leggere,
22 giu 2010, 13:32:4422/06/10
On Jun 22, 5:23 am, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:
> RHF wrote:
> > On Jun 21, 7:03 am, dave<d...@dave.dave>  wrote:
>
> > - STFU!  I live in the oldest producing oil field
> > - in the world.
> > -http://www.scvhistory.com/scvhistory/ch1020.htm

> > Dave you 'nose' is getting longer again - - - - ->
> > The Oil Creek Valley of Pennsylvania between
> > Oil City and Titusville -circa- 1859 is one of the
> > oldest Oil Fields of the World according to many.
> > -note- While others say Poland in 1853
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_petroleum
>
> > But Dave . . . being so close {living on top of}
> > such 'pollution' goes a long way to explain
> > many of your 'toxic' posts . . . ~ RHF
> >   .
> >   .

- The oldest modern production oilfield.
- And we have a really old refinery too.
-
- http://www.scvhistory.com/scvhistory/ap2926.htm

Dave - Many would say that you are really 'old'
but... few would say that you are 'refined' ~ RHF
{pickled may be... but refined nah}

.
* * * Daily News Alert * * *
[Two Months and Three Days Up-Date]
This is the 63 Day of the 21st Centuries Greatest
Ecological Disaster : The Obama Oil Spill of 2010*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BP_Oil_Spill
* Big Government Inaction {Un-Action}

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/00bd10caf4d9140d
.

RHF

da leggere,
22 giu 2010, 13:36:1522/06/10
On Jun 22, 10:09 am, cuhu...@webtv.net wrote:
- My computer runs on house juice
- and my APC back up and my Brick Wall
- surge suppressor.
- http://www.brickwall.com
- cuhulin

Bartender... I Say Bar-Tender !
I will have some of your House Juice.

jftfoi ~RHF
.

dave

da leggere,
22 giu 2010, 16:43:3522/06/10
bpnjensen wrote:

> Things could be worse - we could all talk like Gilbert Gottfried...

I'm pretty sure some of us do.

cuh...@webtv.net

da leggere,
22 giu 2010, 17:09:5722/06/10
Another place where I used to work was United Wholesale Florist, I
delivered flowers to florist shops around town.Them wimmins used to call
me Sugar, and Honey, and Darling, and Sweety, and whatever else.An old
''wise ass'' dude at a florist shop/store that used to be on Capitol
Street, one time he said, It's on the house, but you will have to climb
up on the roof to get it!
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

da leggere,
22 giu 2010, 18:28:2422/06/10
B HO Tarball ULTIMATE POS! Oblivious To China Threat.
http://www.newsmax.com
Lev Navrozov article.
cuhulin

RHF

da leggere,
23 giu 2010, 00:52:3723/06/10
On Jun 22, 1:43 pm, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:
- - bpnjensen wrote:
- - Things could be worse
- - we could all talk like Gilbert Gottfried...

- I'm pretty sure some of us do.

Dave Speak for Your-Self
da da bing... da da bang... ~ RHF
{you make it so easy dave}