Radio Turkey loud and clear

Marc Jutras

Jan 26, 2002, 11:08:38 PM1/26/02
Hello all!

Just thought I'd share tonight's simple pleasure. I spent some time earlier
browsing the bands and I ended up on 7300 kHz. Nice exotic music coming in
loud and clear. I turned on the computer to consult the ILG database and
discovered I was listening to Radio Turkey. The signal was great. Almost
like a local MW except for little muffled effect that gave it a "coming from
very far" feeling. BTW, I was only using the whip antenna. My outdoors
25ft wire cleaned it a tiny bit only.

The music was great. Quite a change from the usual local stuff! I listened
to it for almost half an hour. SWL is definitely fun! :-)

--
Newbie SWL from Montreal (QC), Canada
Appartment dweller with Grundig YB 400PE

For email, remove NOSPAM from domain.

King Pineapple

Jan 27, 2002, 3:21:49 PM1/27/02
"Marc Jutras" <ne...@NOSPAMmarcjutras.com> wrote in message

> Hello all!
>
> Just thought I'd share tonight's simple pleasure. I spent some time
earlier
> browsing the bands and I ended up on 7300 kHz. Nice exotic music coming
in
> loud and clear. I turned on the computer to consult the ILG database and
> discovered I was listening to Radio Turkey. The signal was great. Almost
> like a local MW except for little muffled effect that gave it a "coming
from
> very far" feeling. BTW, I was only using the whip antenna. My outdoors
> 25ft wire cleaned it a tiny bit only.
>
> The music was great. Quite a change from the usual local stuff! I
listened
> to it for almost half an hour. SWL is definitely fun! :-)

Try their Turkish Service on 9460. It's listenable here in the Northeastern
part of North America from about 1600 UTC all the way till about 0700 UTC.
--
Craig
Meredith, NH USA

Drake R8B/Alpha Delta DX Sloper