Memo To: dxAce

Priest

Feb 14, 2010, 1:32:55 AM2/14/10
It has not escaped notice that you have become one of the more
responsible contributors to the shortwave newsgroup. I've been
following rrs for nearly 15 years and have never seen it so near death
for such an extended period of time as it currently is.

As you know, the destruction was done by a relatively few number of
individuals (the group has never recovered from RHF's i.e. Roy Fisk,
relentless campaign of changing the subject heading of every shortwave
related post to sabotage the thread. Consequently rrs was rendered
nearly useless as an archived resource for shortwave information.

Frankly, I don't see it ever recovering to the former days of
excellence but hope springs eternal. So thank you for at least keeping
rec.radio.shortwave on life support while serious shortwavers hope
for its resurrection. Your efforts are very commendable.

D. Peter Maus

Feb 14, 2010, 3:54:19 AM2/14/10

Truthfully, he's always been like that. The only times he gets out
into the ozone, is when he gets fed up with some of the noise. Or
when someone whose purpose is not to serve the hobby starts making
claims he can't backup. A certain mouthy college instructor comes to
mind, but there are many who fit the criteria.

But he's always offered solid and consistent radio content, even
when between distractions.

I bought an R8A because of his endorsement. And tried antenna
configurations, and transmission line configurations based on his
shared experiences.

There's no doubt, when things got noisy, he could be in there
swinging with the best of them, but even then, he kept up his radio
content.

Gregg

Feb 14, 2010, 8:47:03 AM2/14/10
On Feb 14, 3:54 am, "D. Peter Maus" <dpeterm...@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

As always, well said Peter. Can you feel the love Steve - especially
on Valentine's Day? ;-P

dave

Feb 14, 2010, 10:07:48 AM2/14/10

This board went to shit after 9-11. Interesting how something like that
brings out the fraidy cats.

dave

Feb 14, 2010, 10:14:03 AM2/14/10
D. Peter Maus wrote:

> There's no doubt, when things got noisy, he could be in there swinging
> with the best of them, but even then, he kept up his radio content.

From one WLS zombie to another...

D. Peter Maus

Feb 14, 2010, 10:18:01 AM2/14/10

LOL!

Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Feb 14, 2010, 10:24:04 AM2/14/10
dave wrote:
> This board went to shit after 9-11. Interesting how something like that
> brings out the fraidy cats.

I disagree, this board as you call it, went to shit, as it were, the day the
wall street journal published that the law firm which did the first USENET
SPAM got $230,000 in business from it.

The signal to noise ratio, always low, has gotten much lower over the years,
but a good filter helps.

People come and go, and I remember the time anyone could bring a newsgroup to
its knees with 3 words: "Turkish Armenian Genocide"

:-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel g...@mendelson.com N3OWJ/4X1GM
New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or

dave

Feb 14, 2010, 10:25:03 AM2/14/10

dave

Feb 14, 2010, 12:11:58 PM2/14/10
Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> dave wrote:
>> This board went to shit after 9-11. Interesting how something like that
>> brings out the fraidy cats.
>

> I disagree, this board as you call it, went to shit, as it were, the day the
> wall street journal published that the law firm which did the first USENET
> SPAM got $230,000 in business from it.
>
> The signal to noise ratio, always low, has gotten much lower over the years,
> but a good filter helps.
>
> People come and go, and I remember the time anyone could bring a newsgroup to
> its knees with 3 words: "Turkish Armenian Genocide"
>
> :-)
>
> Geoff.

Apparently my usenet provider filters for me as I rarely see any spam
here. I find toying with the dittoheads amusing.

I am always ready to talk radio. Unfortunately, what's left besides bad
commercial radio, un-listenable non-commercial radio, and disappearing
HFBC, is UTE monitoring, which seems to generate little interest around
here.

cuh...@webtv.net

Feb 14, 2010, 12:04:15 PM2/14/10
dxAce is Good at keeping the Radio Content.

You mean it is Valentines Day? I never noticed.
Tomorrow is the 15th.That means I will apply a litte tube of Bayer
Advantage 55 to the top of doggy's neck.
cuhulin

Priest

Feb 14, 2010, 6:55:12 PM2/14/10
On Feb 14, 2:54 am, "D. Peter Maus" <dpeterm...@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

A certain mouthy college instructor comes to
mind, but there are many who fit the criteria.

In fairness it must be stated that Michael Bryant was a valuable
contributor to this group and an effective advocate for the hobby of
shortwave. His comprehensive logs were very useful and his knowledge
of shortwave cannot be denied. I wish he would return, rrs could
certainly use the renewed sense of energy he would certainly bring.

bpnjensen

Feb 14, 2010, 9:51:16 PM2/14/10

Tsk tsk - by now it should be obvious that it isn't how much you know
or contribute that ultimately counts...

;-)

bpnjensen

Feb 14, 2010, 10:13:44 PM2/14/10

Ute monitoring - You think shortwave programs are becoming less
popular? Just spring the idea of an automated beacon as riveting
radio on the GP and see what happens!

Requires knowledge and equipment, usually, that goes beyond what
typical radio listeners have. I knew code once, but let it slide; and
I don't have any RTTY equipment. On top of that, it does not have the
same *romance* or humanity as hearing a scratchy broadcast signal from
10,000 km away. Don't get me wrong - I appreciate the fact that a Ute
can be just as DX-worthy and interesting in many respects, and have
thought many times about getting some nifty add-ons to make a go of it
- but it does not grab most people as will a live voice and well-
devised program across the miles.

Bruce Jensen

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

dave

Feb 14, 2010, 11:19:02 PM2/14/10

Those miles have vanished. All radio is local today.

You don't need RTTY equipment. You need a free program called Fldigi
which turns your sound card into a teletype. You don't need a computer
controlled receiver; it just needs to be stable and capable of tuning SSB.

http://www.w1hkj.com/Downloads.html

bpnjensen

Feb 15, 2010, 12:07:06 PM2/15/10

Thanks - yes, I was including that in my verbal "equipment" bundle.
Looks great!

Moreover, no PC near the radio. So, more hardware too. I am
(probably to your chagrin) a pretty old-fashioned guy when it comes to
radio. I like the catch to be fairly tough (although QRN sucks).

Bruce

cuh...@webtv.net

Feb 15, 2010, 6:37:16 PM2/15/10
It is snowing right now, near Kosciusko,Mississippi, about sixty
something miles North of doggy's couch.

I saw Hunter Gates talking this afternoon, on WLBT channel 3, 5:00 PM
news.
http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=8954403
cuhulin

Gregg

Feb 15, 2010, 8:19:26 PM2/15/10

**Cough - Cough** It's pretty nice in here without the same old act
IMO.

cuh...@webtv.net

Feb 15, 2010, 11:22:26 PM2/15/10
Me auld home town of Carthage,Mississippi got some snow today too,
according to WAPT channel 16 10:00 PM tv weather news guy David
Hartman.Carthage isn't farr from Kosciusko.Many years ago, an Uncle
(Grady) of mine owned a farm near Kosciusko.
http://www.thecarthaginian.com
cuhulin

Gregg

Feb 15, 2010, 11:52:16 PM2/15/10

We're getting hammered pretty good here in the Nati' - - I have a tad
over eight inches all around my yard. Fun to go out and drive in it
IMO , at least for a little while - it really wakes you up. :-) Then
come home and put some logs in the fireplace.

Apparently we're gonna get it again this weekend.

cuh...@webtv.net

Feb 16, 2010, 12:17:23 AM2/16/10
While I was cutting under that tree stump this afternoon, at ground
level, I hatched the bright idea of putting some liquid Dawn dish
washing detergent on my saw blade.It works pretty good too.
cuhulin

Gregg

Feb 16, 2010, 12:50:47 AM2/16/10

Dawn does a lot. I have, for over twelve-thirteen years, mixed it with
my windshield wiper fluid. The difference is just amazing. You do it
once, you won't stop using it, truck drivers know of that friendly
tip. Check it Cuhulin, you'll see what I mean. ;-)

dave

Feb 16, 2010, 8:28:40 AM2/16/10
bpnjensen wrote:

> Thanks - yes, I was including that in my verbal "equipment" bundle.
> Looks great!
>
> Moreover, no PC near the radio. So, more hardware too. I am
> (probably to your chagrin) a pretty old-fashioned guy when it comes to
> radio. I like the catch to be fairly tough (although QRN sucks).
>
> Bruce

Like I said, my antenna is 30' away from my computer. I live in a
neighborhood with underground power lines and no detectable light
dimmers. I can hear very weak stations from Europe that no one else on
the West Coast of the USA can get. I can watch my razzle dazzle
receiver from from work.. great fun.

dxAce

Feb 16, 2010, 8:35:45 AM2/16/10

dave wrote:

from from? Listening on that K3 eh? Remember, that 'K' stands for klunker :-)

cuh...@webtv.net

Feb 16, 2010, 8:49:54 AM2/16/10
razzle dazzle?
cuhulin

m II

Feb 16, 2010, 1:05:09 PM2/16/10

People come and go, and I remember the time anyone could bring a
newsgroup to its knees with 3 words: "Turkish Armenian Genocide"
:-)

Things haven't changed much. Today's phrase is: 'Zionist Palestinian
Genocide'

mike

m II

Feb 16, 2010, 1:14:15 PM2/16/10
D. Peter Maus wrote:

> There's no doubt, when things got noisy, he could be in there swinging
> with the best of them, but even then, he kept up his radio content.

Selective memory can be a wonderful thing...

May I present a quick flashback to his racist SUPCOMUCOMM days?

Let's take a trip to the past...(cue calendar pages drifting into the mist)

The Wit and Wisdom of Steve Lare, aka dxAce, Bozo, White Trash.
SUPCOMUCOMM (Supreme Commander, United Counties of Michigan Militia)
Michigan
USA

(Updated regularly):

Hey, dipshit retarded one...

Have your sister come over here and blow me, boy.

Obama is a two-bit punk! Heck, he doesn't even care about his relatives
who live in squalor. What a guy! He could send his brother $20 which
would more than double his income, and, his brother could probably
afford a 'double-wide' hut.

You dumb sand niggers (sorry, I categorize ya all this way) need to
understand that you need to get your collective shit together...

Obviously another clueless Canadian Cunt.

I'm waiting for Obama to start chucking spears and promising everyone
their own hut and and a $12 stipend a year.

Better naked than Marxist!

How the f00k would you know what I intended or not you worthless piece of
Canadian excrement?

Tamp some cotton in it, little girl.

In all fairness, it is I who make you drool on command, dumbass.

I'll bet you use those Vise-Grip's when the gerbils get stuck, right?

You were an automatic dumbass at birth.

However, a pile of crap (such as yourself) is an idiot!

Quit crossposting, ya little queer Canuck.

"Do you realize how childish you look?"
Nope, I refuse to look in the mirror.

Take a walk, buttfuck.

Sheesh... another f00kin queer!

I ain't white, but unlike you, I dislike no one.

Come on! How can anyone be straight after free beer and sausages

You are indeed a queer, are you not?

Who will you be bunking with, Bob?

Come lick me homo boy.

Come and arrest me, cockbite.

Yep, the Great Spirit watches over us all!

You are worthless.

Yeah, go ahead, you drooling idiot.

Nope, but you're a faggot now, right?

Yer mama tossed ya because you're a homo boy, ain't that
true?

Did I make any distinction with regard to country, you pedantic little
cocksucker?

Blow me, faggot boy!

Fuck YOU, and fuck CanaDuh.

Now asswipe, go take your meds.

Take your meds, retard.

Humanity would be better served if 'Eduardo' were to take his shtick
to the fields and began picking lettuce.

And, 'Eddy', may I be so bold as to state that the best part of you
obviously dripped down your mothers leg.

You are a nice retarded boy.

I don't know, though it might be fun to torture him!

Your move, bitch...

Dumbass Canucks, such as yourself, are not deserving of oxygen.

Even more ironic is that you never dispute the fact that you are a
little cocksucker!

Hey, dumbass, I don't watch the Fox News channel. So, you can shove
that dumbass idea right up your gaping Liberal ass!

But hey, I made $14,000 trading oil today.. blow me

Funny how the US Govt. sent me over $50,000 last year

LMFAO as I sit and look at my royalty cheques...

I prefer genuine ROLEX!

Shove it up your ass, you faux little SOB.

You're full of shit, SOB.

Jerking off not enough for you, boy?

Do you spit or swallow?

Very tasty!

Actually, I know quite a few homosexuals.

I interact on at least a weekly basis with them, and surprisingly
enough, they themselves utter the words 'damn faggots' with those who
tend to step out of line.

Is that the gay place to be?

Were you the blower or the blowee?

If you'd like to call me, I'm here to help you until 0330 GMT at:
616 335-9762
dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ya right, suck my dick...

I know it may be hard, but as you withdraw, it will shrink away..

Stop whining, you pathetic little prick.

I'm gonna go buy a new Stratocaster tomorrow!

You need to buy a chink watch!

I thank the Great Spirit every day for the fact that I'm not white like
you.

I know enough to realize that you most likely have BO.

But, let me say this: if we were to find that something was sent into
CanaDuh, and it were not checked, and then passed to the USA for bad
purposes, you'd be on your knees asking the USA not to give your sorry
asses the stomping that you would so rightly deserve, you stupid,
fucking, pieces of shit that you are!

I don't watch your youtube crap, cartoon boy!

God 'ol SPAM

Sorry, I'm not a racist like you, Edweenie...

Hey, Chink Boy, I got a real Rolex, still ticking after 33 years.. shove
it up your slant eyed ass.

Get the hell out of my country, boy, and head back to where those who
appreciate little NAZI bastards such as yourself, you little faux
Hispanic piece of shit.

He's a bean blower!

Stuff a burrito in it, 'Eduardo'.

FUCK CANADUH

In your case that must mean Hispanic Retard department.

Proud to be Miami and a blood relative of Abraham Lincoln

I said it before, and I say it again... Vicente Fox
is a stinking piece of Mexican shit.

Keep blowing those beans out your sorry, un-american ass, boy.

Our data indicates that humanity would be better served if you were in
the fields picking lettuce.

Wonder why.... could it be that the Canucky Niggah is timid, afraid...?

Damn, the Canucky Niggah didn't have a damn thing to say...

Extremely heavy emphasis on the BOY.

Actually VA facilities are quite good, but if you Canucky niggahs poke
around one might find a lot of things wrong.

Fuckin' dumbass.

You are certainly an SOB, you stupid, MF'ing, liar and poseur!

WRNO FM 99.5 became Rush Radio today.
Rush mentioned it on the show, and also seemed to say that at least
for a while they'd be carrying his show for 18 hours a day.

Your birth trait is that you're a MORON, dumbass.

Something for your faux Hispanic cock sucking brain to think about, eh?

Blow it out yer ass, Canuck!

All your talk comes from within the contours of your ass.

Yes, I am witty, and I am wise!

my mommy blew it out her ass II wrote

True, ain't it, little faux Hispanic BOY.. (Heavy emphasis on the BOY!)

Stuff a taco in it, Ramon!

And don't forget SAMBLA, South American Man Boy Love Association.

Mouth wide open, ready to take a load.

Difficult for moi?

After eating the taco's wouldn't they be capable of gassing themelves?

It is then my patriotic friend, you must reach in the closet,
place your hands upon the weapon, and blow the cock sucking,
bean blower back into Mary's arms....

They are mere asswipes, suitable for flushing.

How many American lives were affected by the
slant eyed shit throughout the entire war?

Dumbass Canucks, sure ain't Rolex wearin' respectable folk...!

Or better yet, go get yourself some IBO Cock!

Yeah, after all, you're the Queen of your drug addled world.

And that has exactly what to do with the fact that CanaDuh is a
Third World Country?

Canucks need to be castrated.

Shame? Sorry, I'm not a dumbass Canuck. Blow me, boy.

Hey, buttfuck boy... try to pay attention, you little piece of
non-listening excrement.

Why are the retards mostly dumbass Canucks?

Run along little Canucky dweeb.

One of my nicknames, starting around 1975 or so has been 'Raoul'

Well, now you know them, and you know me, Karl Mauritania!

Obviously you're just a retard boy who failed as a corporate manager.

Did I say it was, shit for brains?

Because you're a moron, Druggie!

Ace is doing ok!

They don't call me 'Ace' for nothing!

And you, just another retard on the short bus.

All of my DX is better than your DX no matter what I do.

Well, I cann assure most everyone here that I've done 100% of my DX'ing
without the help from anyone here, and I've had a moderate amount of
success.

You claim to be 'Cherokee'... I think you're just 'Wannabee'...

No need to do anything more productive than cash the checks,
invest the money, do some DX'ing, and rile up the
mentally ill Canucks!

Why is it that you queers always seem to **SIGH** a lot? (1)

LOLOLOLOLOLOL... what a damn dumb cunt you are!

Now get your homo ass working on that documentation, boy!

Give it a shot queer boys, I dare ya!Very tasty!

Cocksuckers such as your self.

Hit the road, 'tard.

Toss 'em all, especially the Canucks!

So, just why is it that you queers always seem to **SIGH** a lot? (2)

Now go suck on some sushi, you little miscreant.

I just asked you to have the cunt send me a letter, boy.

So, just why is it that you queers always seem to **SIGH** a lot? (3)

"I'm so obese I had to get the extra heavy duty plastic blow-up doll"

Let me sum up, you Canucks are assholes!

So, just why is it that you queers always seem to **SIGH** a lot? (4)

Hit the road, drug addled fool.

Shame on CanaDuh for killing thousands of people every day.

Be sure to tell the bitch to send me that letter, faggot!

get your bitch *daughter* to send me a letter

Inquiring minds want to know just why is it that you queers always
seem to **SIGH** a lot? (5)

Have the bitch send me the letter!

Well, go tell your other cocksucking countrymen.

Hey, have the bitch send me a letter

I can show her mine, and she can show me yours?

Ain't gonna happen, ya got no air farce, ya got no ne vuy, va goy
nuthitin?

If you think for a moment that they'll listen to a drunken dumbass
Canuck you'd be sadly mistaken!

Have the bitch send me a f00kin letter!

You folk really think ya got balls?

Now run along to wherever it is you little debutantes run off to...

I'll be waiting for that letter from your *daughter*, asshole!

Oh yeah, tell me baby...

Hey, little pussy boy, we spell it "cunt" out here, just like I think I
spelled it originally, boy.

Never touched the skanky,,,

If I don't get that letter, boy, then you and your *daughter* must
both be drunk, eh?

Finally shut you up, eh boy?

Have the bitch send me a letter on whatever letterhead YOU
might make up.

Ain't that just speshul! He's got to go find somewun to
fake him a lettter.

Have the bitch send me a letter on her firms letterhead, boy.

Great, then get your bitch *daughter* to send me a letter on her firms
letterhead within the next two weeks!

Have your *daughter* draw up a contract, BOY!

Hey, 'Edurado', have your *daughter* get in touch with me, amigo

Guess that shut the little boy up!

Stuff it up your prancing ass, 'Tardo!

I'm LMFAO, since I've busted the f00kin faggot!

You are after all a drug addled 'tard boy who
obviously knows little about the SWL/DX hobby.

Go blow some IBO Cock, and leave the real radio hobbyists alone, OK?

Let the faggot boy prove it!

LMFAO at the f00kin faggot

Yes, I learn more and more with each passing day!

LMFAO at the pathological liar!

Lying 'tard boy, much like the other debutante, malcontent, faux boys
who inhabit the lace we call RRS.

You, on the other hand are nothing more than a sorry little
homosexual 'tard

Liar, liar, pantalunes on fire! (1)

New history will be made when we crush CanaDuh!

Kan you just imagining that, you little faggot Cannucky boy?

Anybody, even Bozo, is worth more than some dumbass, faggot, Canuck!

Get busy, boy!

But you can't prove it, retard boy!

I know you faggots have dreams

Blow it out your ass, you dumbass Canadian! You and the rest of your
dumbass countrymen, and women too!

You'd not be very happy if I returned, little bitch boy!

Go get some IBOCock, 'tard boy, and bring home a taste for yer mama.

Go give your boyfriend a blow job!

Talk about misery, you're in f00kin CanaDuh, boy!

Poor little cocksucker just had it handed to him

Eh? You sum dumass Canucuy bithyboy...

As long as it screws you Canucks, I'm a happy camper!

That's because you're a fucking liar!

Cry me a f00kin river.

Awwwww... the poor whiny dumbass Canuck is back at it again today.

Huh... you be just another stupid white boy outta Cleveland...

I suggest you get together with your "significant other" and bump butt
with each other,

Because I hate White Boy Canucks who suck cock...

Best you shuffle down the alley! That's what your mama wanted!

Crazy Retarded Australian People?

"Even 2 cents is more than a totally worthless Canuck"

You can preDICK all you want, you fraudulent cock sucking,
pathologically lying old bastard boy!

Hey, dumbfuck Canuck, I was not asked to leave!

I don't use Chink stuff

I went and bought ammo... I still gots it case them tard boys such as
edweena gets stirred up.

And 10,000 rounds isn't a lot.

It was Russian ammo. I don't like the Chinese stuff.

Now where did I put that other case of ammo..

I don't use Chink ammo.

That's not Canuckian, boy!

Kiss my ass, pedant!

I'm LMFAO, Mr. Gay-Lick!

Obfuscate, you little prancer!

LMAO at the 'tard.

Thing is, you 'tards are pretty fixated upon one set of parameters.
That is after all why you are considered to be 'tards!

As always, your head is up your f00kin ass.

You fuckin' Liberal asswipes are always ready to give somebodys else's
goodies away...

And, hopefully, my dumbass cousin in Mill Valley will leave me her
Corvette.

Obviously, you leep your head up your f00kin ass all day long.

I don't 'fear' homos, oh faux one!

Liar, liar, pantalunes on fire! (2)

Apparently you are the 'bendover boy'....

Oh, I certainly have, time after time.

At least I went farther than you!

Good lubricant for you and the boys?

It's what dxAce uses!

that's good enough for me!

One can never slide the BS by dxAce

Not as well as you, fudge pack.

Go for it, dumbass!

Oh come on... it's Fall forward and Spring back. Everyone knows that!

Hit the road, drug addled fool.

Hey, I love kickin' gay-lick ass!

Pretty much what I indicated to you a while back, you f00kin prancer.

The only thing you know about short wave is that that is what your
mother gave you when she sent your f00kin ass packin' outta Cleveland.

Screw the drug addled retards.

Nah, I only attack the messenger when he/she/it is
obviously drug addled.

So, beat the rush and get the hell off of RRS, you f00kin retard.

Well, in you, we have a drug addled retard in our midst.

Get over it, you fake Hispanic piece of excrement.

And when you do confront HD, you'll have Cocksucker Dave and
The Prancer Boys to thank for it.

Damn... I'm of mixed race ancestry myself, what ever should I do?

Next time we come over the pond once again to save your sorry ass's
we'll have to dismantle that stuff.

Heck, I bought 1000 shares of FSEAX the other day.

Don't do business with the Huntington Investment Company,
in particular a fellow named Joseph Klein.

Not at all, we are both Miami Indians. ya got a problem with that, boy?

Then hit the road, you drug addled retard.

Just like you wish that you worked for me, retard!

Proven time and time again, fudge pack.

Get it, retard?

Dey done unnerstannn that us nateev boyyys R real Mericans!

I sure he is.

Insert your Gay-Lick reply here, boy:

And yet another Liberal rant

Nah, he was fake little cock sucker like you!

Your pathological lying is an offense to me, and more than likely an
offense to God as well.

No medications here, cock sucker boy..

Stuff a watermelon up it

But that stuff isn't what dxAce uses!

Come on now, you being a nice Liberal, Carbon Footprint, Al Gore, Cock
Sucking kinda Canuck Bastard..

I won R plantation up nord, dat dem dum ass Canuckys be oween us, ya be
'standin me?

CanaDuh is stupidity!

Stupid little pussy faggot!

Liar, liar, pantalunes on fire! (3)

Mr. Edweenie, the forces of Good are gonna come visit your sorry fake
Hispanic White Boy Ass if you keep it up!

Pay attention, cock sucker...

You've done this before, cock sucker...

LMFAO at yet another dumb friggin Canuck..

I spit a wee bit of Guinness earlier!

Oh damn, I guess we pissed another wanker off, Cuz..

I get my ride be fixed, I be cruisin to be givin ya da shake, yu be
knowin, eh?

Try again, shithead.....

Dem Canucky boyz are dumaz rasissts..

Nah, I'm just more intelligent than you are.

We gone be sen u to sumplac bad boy... u be so bad weben the reel
Canuckys won wan u.

Fookin bustards! Like Edweenie!

Best you wake up soon... fookin retard leetle beetch..

Fookin 'retard.

Indeed, I'm now at WAR with Canuckistan..

May the Great Spirit help the hapless bastards.

At any rate, I'd bet it beats the Canucky Third World state of care...

CanaDuh sucks...

Wanna go to war, shit head?

Think you might win? Think you got a chance?

If you don't... I'd keep my fookin Canucky mouth shut, boy...

Meanwhile, I plan for the Spring campaign, looking forward to the
Blind River Massacre.

I collect stamps!

08/02/15 10:58 PM

I really don't want to say this, my many shortwave friends, but I find
that I am giving up far to much of my increasingly valuable time here
on RRS trying to educate the faux, the debutantes, and those who tote..

Therefore, I've simply decided to give up RRS.

Goodbye, I sincerely hope that you all find your niche in
the world of SW.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
/ /\Jerking off not enough for you, boy? / /
/ /\ \/ /\ \ Call me 616 335-9762\ \/ /\ \/ /
/_/ \/_/ \_/dx...@milestones.com \/_/ \/_/
As always, Men call FREE.
Ask about our Military Discounts.
Walk ins Welcome!
SE HABLA ESPANOL!

D. Peter Maus

Feb 16, 2010, 1:24:08 PM2/16/10
On 2/16/10 12:14 , m II wrote:
> D. Peter Maus wrote:
>
>> There's no doubt, when things got noisy, he could be in there swinging
>> with the best of them, but even then, he kept up his radio content.
>
> Selective memory can be a wonderful thing...

> May I present a quick flashback to his racist SUPCOMUCOMM days?
>

> Let's take a trip to the past...(cue calendar pages drifting into the mist)

Selective editing can be a wonderful thing, too. Thanks for the
demonstration.

I stand by the statement above.

dxAce

Feb 16, 2010, 2:07:54 PM2/16/10

dave wrote:

> bpnjensen wrote:
>
> > Thanks - yes, I was including that in my verbal "equipment" bundle.
> > Looks great!
> >
> > Moreover, no PC near the radio. So, more hardware too. I am
> > (probably to your chagrin) a pretty old-fashioned guy when it comes to
> > radio. I like the catch to be fairly tough (although QRN sucks).
> >
> > Bruce
>
> Like I said, my antenna is 30' away from my computer. I live in a
> neighborhood with underground power lines and no detectable light
> dimmers. I can hear very weak stations from Europe that no one else on
> the West Coast of the USA can get.

No one? And you know this how?

Joe from Kokomo

Feb 16, 2010, 3:02:18 PM2/16/10

D. Peter Maus wrote:

> Selective editing can be a wonderful thing, too. Thanks for the
> demonstration.

> I stand by the statement above.

Selective editing? With almost 300 (that's THREE HUNDRED) rude
statements? Selective editing or not, that many statements are clearly
indicative of Lare's behavior. And selective editing (or not) does not
excuse the vicious racial slurs, vulgarity and homophobia.

Oh, sorry, I almost forgot. You are the best yes-man, cheer leader and
"Amen Charley" that Lare ever had.

> Jeez, Mouse, can't you do better than to perpetually be a
> boot-licking sycophant* for someone like Lare? It's very unbecoming
> of you.
>
> *For those of you whose Funk and Wagnall's dictionary is in the shop,
> sycophant: a self-seeking, servile flatterer; fawning parasite,
> toady, yes man, flunky, fawner.

...and encourager of rudeness and racism.

Defending Lare's racism and vulgarity says a lot about YOU --
unfortunately, it doesn't say anything very good.

D. Peter Maus

Feb 16, 2010, 3:14:22 PM2/16/10
On 2/16/10 14:02 , Joe from Kokomo wrote:

>>> Selective memory can be a wonderful thing...
>>

>>> May I present a quick flashback to his racist SUPCOMUCOMM days?
>>>

>>> Let's take a trip to the past...(cue calendar pages drifting into the
>>> mist)
>
> D. Peter Maus wrote:
>
>> Selective editing can be a wonderful thing, too. Thanks for the
>> demonstration.
>
>> I stand by the statement above.
>
> Selective editing? With almost 300 (that's THREE HUNDRED) rude
> statements? Selective editing or not, that many statements are clearly
> indicative of Lare's behavior. And selective editing (or not) does not
> excuse the vicious racial slurs, vulgarity and homophobia.
>
> Oh, sorry, I almost forgot. You are the best yes-man, cheer leader and
> "Amen Charley" that Lare ever had.

doesn't get in there and swing with the best of them. In fact, that
was the first clause in my sentence. The clause before the one you
so conveniently ignored.

But if you're interested in Lare bashing, then by all means only
read the clauses that most interest you.

That doesn't mean what you assert is true. '

Yes. Selective editing.

Priest

Feb 16, 2010, 11:27:09 PM2/16/10

Mr. Lare's ass isn't the only one "mouse" has his nose up, he
regularly springs to the defense of other morons whom he wishes to
gain the favor of. Very odd behavior for an adult and there is
something very peculiarly pathetic about it. Kind of like the weakling
we all knew in high school who was water boy for the team, who'd
volunteer to carry the jocks food trays back to the racks after they
finished eating, who'd hang around the locker room hoping to steal a
glimpse of one of his heroes in their underwear, etc., etc. etc. Very
odd indeed.

P.S. I'm guessing he is a brown nosed mouse?

Priest

Feb 16, 2010, 11:46:32 PM2/16/10
On Feb 16, 12:14 pm, m II <c...@in.the.hat> wrote:
> The Wit and Wisdom of Steve Lare, aka dxAce, Bozo, White Trash.
> SUPCOMUCOMM (Supreme Commander, United Counties of Michigan Militia)
> Michigan
> USA

Goodness gracious these are the rantings of a very angry and bitter
individual possessed by extremely disturbed mind. Clearly a ticking
time bomb waiting to go off. Have the local authorities been
notified?

With what seems to be an epidemic of rampage killings throughout the
USA I'm just asking.

Thank you bringing this out in the open Michael, who knows how many
lives you might have saved. The world would be a much safer place if
everyone had the civic consciousness you do.

Priest

Feb 17, 2010, 1:57:39 AM2/17/10
On Feb 16, 2:14 pm, "D. Peter Maus" <dpeterm...@worldnet.att.net>
wrote:
>    Yes. Selective editing.- Hide quoted text -

Selective editing? It's a body of work that would take most haters a
lifetime to accumulate.

As demonstrated in other threads that you have elbowed your way into,
you have an uncanny ability to bury yourself deeper with every follow-
up post.

So do the group AND yourself a favor - SHUT UP!

Please accept my advice in the spirit it is given, i.e. in a good
way.

m II

Feb 17, 2010, 2:02:52 AM2/17/10
Priest wrote:

> Thank you bringing this out in the open Michael, who knows how many
> lives you might have saved. The world would be a much safer place if
> everyone had the civic consciousness you do.

Thank you for the kind words but I am truly undeserving of such praise.

It is the duty of all responsible, compassionate and sentient beings to
point out evil, degeneracy and morally corrupt thought wherever we may
accidentally step in it.

I have done no more than you, or countless thousands of decent and
caring folks would have done.

We ALL have an obligation to stop the rot and are possessed of a Divine
Mandate to expose the Satanic Vermin posing as human beings.

mike

D. Peter Maus

Feb 17, 2010, 3:03:04 AM2/17/10
On 2/17/10 24:57 , Priest wrote:

> So do the group AND yourself a favor - SHUT UP!

Mmmmm.......No.

dave

Feb 17, 2010, 8:08:57 AM2/17/10
dxAce wrote:

> from from? Listening on that K3 eh? Remember, that 'K' stands for klunker :-)

I'm pretty sure it stands for "kit", Steve. Or "killer"!

dave

Feb 17, 2010, 8:14:28 AM2/17/10

My K3 was the only 20 meter PSK31 autospotter (out of at least a dozen
on the West Coast) to hear a station from Scotland last week. This
stuff is reported on a Google map in near real time. SWLs are welcome
to participate. It's jolly good fun and boffo yocks. Sure beats
trying[?] to hear 100,000 Watt stations from Maine or Cuba.

www.pskreporter.info

Drifter

Feb 17, 2010, 10:13:47 AM2/17/10
Peter, your turn for the fanboi.

Drifter...

<via-bright-mail>.

bpnjensen

Feb 17, 2010, 11:12:51 AM2/17/10
> www.pskreporter.info- Hide quoted text -

Dave, I checked the link but it seems broken. Can you give us a few
details? Freq, antenna, time and etc? This sounds quite interesting.

BTW, you are lucky - My neighborhood does NOT have buried powerlines
(in fact, we have more than our share of aerial cordage) and the noise
levels reflect it. Light dimmers and other noise sources are legion.
Did get some good copy on hams from South America the other night on
40, though - but still have to wait for the sunspots to rise again
before the subkilowatt fleas come banging through again.

I will say, though, that the newest types of spiral fluorescent bulbs,
when new and working properly, give off no perceptible RFI. I am
impressed.

Bruce Jensen

m II

Feb 17, 2010, 11:53:25 AM2/17/10
bpnjensen wrote:

> I will say, though, that the newest types of spiral fluorescent bulbs,
> when new and working properly, give off no perceptible RFI. I am
> impressed.

I have noticed noise only when the bulb bearing fixture is plugged into
the same outlet as the receiver and the lamp was also in close proximity
to the radio.

I have no dimmers in the house, so I can't comment on their influence.

mike

Message has been deleted

cuh...@webtv.net

Feb 17, 2010, 2:06:17 PM2/17/10
Plane crashes in California neighborhood, 3 dead.So says an MSNBC.com
article on my WebTV homepage thingy.

Isn't in your California neighborhood, is it?
cuhulin

bpnjensen

Feb 17, 2010, 2:17:18 PM2/17/10
On Feb 17, 8:53 am, m II <c...@in.the.hat> wrote:

> I have no dimmers in the house, so I can't comment on their influence.
>
> mike

I can tell you - they suck. Avoid them at all cost.

Bruce

bpnjensen

Feb 17, 2010, 2:18:42 PM2/17/10

That neighborhood is across the Bay from my house, but still - a crash
into a daycare is a real tragedy. I am so sorry for the folks who
died, and for their families :-(

Bruce

bpnjensen

Feb 17, 2010, 2:20:37 PM2/17/10
On Feb 17, 10:03 am, Bob Dobbs <chupaca...@operamail.com> wrote:

> bpnjensen wrote:
>
> >I will say, though, that the newest types of spiral fluorescent bulbs,
> >when new and working properly, give off no perceptible RFI.
>
> I wish all my neighbors would swap out those old noisy ones
> they like to leave running 24/7.
> Nothing but the newer quiet ones here,
> and other than the 15w in the fridge, no incandescent relics.
>
> --
>
> Operator Bob
> Echo Charlie 42

Yes, and while they're at it, those ugly and light-polluting exterior
halogen lamps that drive a person insane with glare and weird
wavelengths.

When we shut down for the night or day, they all go off.

Message has been deleted

cuh...@webtv.net

Feb 17, 2010, 2:47:25 PM2/17/10
I got a snail mail from Hot Rod magazine, three years snail mail
subscription for $20.00 http://www.hotrod.com
I am Up for it!

And also today, my regular PC World snail mail magazine showed up here
today too, March 2010 issue.That mean I am a PC expert?
http://www.pcworld.com
I reckon my regular snail mail Smart Computing magazine will show up
here in a few days.That means I am Smart.
http://www.smartcomputing.com
And my regular snail mail Popular Mechanics magazine
http://www.popularmechanics.com That means I am popular. (my regular
snail mail Popular Science magazine and my regular snail mail Motor
Trend magazine showed up here a few days ago. http://www.popsci.com
http://www.motortrend.com )

That's all the snail mail magazines I snail mail subscribe to, dude.
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Feb 17, 2010, 2:53:23 PM2/17/10
From the MSNBC article I read about that Airplane crash, the 3 dead
people were in the Airplane.The Pilot of that Airplane was a high
ranking official guy at Tesla Motors.Tesla Motors, Electric Cars.
http://www.teslamotors.com
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Feb 17, 2010, 4:39:36 PM2/17/10
http://jalopnik.com/5473942/3-tesla-execs-dead-in-palo-alto-plane-crash

I already knew Palo Alto isn't far from Los Angeles.I am not exactly
oblivious to the general locations of a lot of California
Cities.Don'tcha just knowwwww,,,,
cuhulin

dave

Feb 17, 2010, 7:46:55 PM2/17/10
bpnjensen wrote::

ext -

> Dave, I checked the link but it seems broken. Can you give us a few
> details? Freq, antenna, time and etc? This sounds quite interesting.
>
> BTW, you are lucky - My neighborhood does NOT have buried powerlines
> (in fact, we have more than our share of aerial cordage) and the noise
> levels reflect it. Light dimmers and other noise sources are legion.
> Did get some good copy on hams from South America the other night on
> 40, though - but still have to wait for the sunspots to rise again
> before the subkilowatt fleas come banging through again.
>
> I will say, though, that the newest types of spiral fluorescent bulbs,
> when new and working properly, give off no perceptible RFI. I am
> impressed.
>
> Bruce Jensen

Try this. I screwed up.

The nice thing about having a license is you can theoretically make
people stop using noisy dimmers.

dave

Feb 17, 2010, 7:50:25 PM2/17/10
Palo Alto is about 330 miles North of me twixt SF and San Jose.

cuh...@webtv.net

Feb 17, 2010, 8:22:42 PM2/17/10
Hee Heeeee,,, I was wayyyyyy off.Metinks one of those auto websites lied
to me, concerning those three Tesla Motors executives who died in that
Airplane crash today.Nothing funny about that though.

http://www.cityofpaloalto.org
http://www.city-data.com/city/Palo-Alto-California.html

Palo Alto means Stick, (or Pole or Tree) Alto means Tall.
http://www.devilfinder.com
Palo Alto California

I know wherebouts TMZ is though.Hollywood.
cuhulin

Eno

Feb 17, 2010, 8:41:29 PM2/17/10
<enable_crap_filter>
So thank you for at least keeping
rec.radio.shortwave on life support while  serious shortwavers hope
for its resurrection. Your efforts are very commendable.
<disable_crap_filter>

It's because of half-wits like Mr. Lare that many people don't bother
with this potentially-useful forum for information exchange.

Despite many valuable and informative posts, it is possible to de-
value yourself into the negative. Like a clever employee who is very
difficult to manage - the benefits of that talent are somewhat eroded
by the enormous amount of dross one has to put up with to get any
useful output.

If Mr. Lare stuck to the point and avoided getting dragged into every
petty little argument, then he would truly be leading the way by
example. And, hey, rec.radio.shortwave would actually resemble it's
name!

cuh...@webtv.net

Feb 17, 2010, 9:19:05 PM2/17/10
dxAce was in U.S.Navy,,, you call him a half wit? What have you ever
done for America?

Meteorite Man is on the SCI channel.That big old rock I brought here
from my old home place back in the 1970s just might be a carbonaceous
chondrite meteorite rock.I haven't measured it, I guess it is about a
foot and a half by one foot size.Maybe I will take some photos and send
them to the Meteroite Man.
http://www.devilfinder.com
Carbonaceous Chondrite Meterorite Rocks
cuhulin

BDK

Feb 17, 2010, 10:23:10 PM2/17/10
In article <7476-4B7...@storefull-3173.bay.webtv.net>,
cuh...@webtv.net says...

What does being in the military have to do with anything?
--

BDK..
Leader of the nonexistent paid shills.

BDK

Feb 17, 2010, 10:29:30 PM2/17/10
In article <4b7e2e79.4513671@chupacabra>, chupa...@operamail.com
says...

> bpnjensen wrote:
> >
> >I will say, though, that the newest types of spiral fluorescent bulbs,
> >when new and working properly, give off no perceptible RFI.
>
> I wish all my neighbors would swap out those old noisy ones
> they like to leave running 24/7.
> Nothing but the newer quiet ones here,
> and other than the 15w in the fridge, no incandescent relics.

I bought my next door neighbors one about 25 years ago. The one they had
was amazingly bad, and they had it going from 630 AM to 11 PM, every
single day. They sometimes left the light on all night, too. I finally
just went and talked to them about it, and told them I would put a new
one if out of my own pocket. The woman next door was from London
originally, and she wondered why the BBC wasn't coming in as well as it
used to. She had an old Grundig SW that she listened to it on every
morning. That sold her on it, so they gave me the ok to swap it out. I
got one that really didn't bother anything at all, and as far as I know,
it's still there.

bpnjensen

Feb 17, 2010, 10:49:33 PM2/17/10
On Feb 17, 7:23 pm, BDK <TopSh...@sanity.com> wrote:
> In article <7476-4B7CA399...@storefull-3173.bay.webtv.net>,
> cuhu...@webtv.net says...

To the extent he was in the Navy, Steve did the country a great
service.

To the extent he sticks to shortwave, he is a fine contributor to the
hobby (mostly ;-).

To the extent that he pokes the fire on everything political,
Canadian, Gay, non-white, Michael Bryant and other, it is best to just
consider his comments a sideshow. IMHO, that same thing can be said
of every other person who drags out the politics and other unrelated
crapola. They all contribute to RRS being a two-bit circus.

Cuhulin excepted. He's a force unto himself ;-)

Bruce Jensen

cuh...@webtv.net

Feb 17, 2010, 11:02:43 PM2/17/10
A force unto himself?
May the Force be with you! ~ Star Wars.
cuhulin

BDK

Feb 17, 2010, 11:19:28 PM2/17/10
In article <3802bc95-d11e-4432-b4f3-
01989c...@x1g2000prb.googlegroups.com>, bpnj...@yahoo.com says...

> On Feb 17, 7:23 pm, BDK <TopSh...@sanity.com> wrote:
> > In article <7476-4B7CA399...@storefull-3173.bay.webtv.net>,
> > cuhu...@webtv.net says...
> >
> > > dxAce was in U.S.Navy,,, you call him a half wit? What have you ever
> > > done for America?
> >
> > > Meteorite Man is on the SCI channel.That big old rock I brought here
> > > from my old home place back in the 1970s just might be a carbonaceous
> > > chondrite meteorite rock.I haven't measured it, I guess it is about a
> > > foot and a half by one foot size.Maybe I will take some photos and send
> > > them to the Meteroite Man.
> > >http://www.devilfinder.com
> > > Carbonaceous Chondrite Meterorite Rocks
> > > cuhulin
> >
> > What does being in the military have to do with anything?
> > --
> >
> > BDK..
> > Leader of the nonexistent paid shills.
> > Non Jew Jew Club founding member.
> > Former number one Kook Magnet, title passed to Iarnrod.
>
> To the extent he was in the Navy, Steve did the country a great
> service.

Probably so, but that hardly makes him smart or anything else. I have a
cousin who was a Navy F-14 pilot who was killed soon after the F-14 was
deployed due to engine failure. He was very smart. I have another cousin
who was in the AF for twelve years, and well, he's dumb as a brick. He's
also been caught shoplifting dozens of times. Just once before the AF
tossed him out though.

> To the extent he sticks to shortwave, he is a fine contributor to the
> hobby (mostly ;-).

;-)? Well, ok, mostly.

> To the extent that he pokes the fire on everything political,
> Canadian, Gay, non-white, Michael Bryant and other, it is best to just
> consider his comments a sideshow. IMHO, that same thing can be said
> of every other person who drags out the politics and other unrelated
> crapola. They all contribute to RRS being a two-bit circus.

I remember when it was just a freak house.

> Cuhulin excepted. He's a force unto himself ;-)

He sure is.

> Bruce Jensen

bpnjensen

Feb 18, 2010, 1:21:45 AM2/18/10
On Feb 17, 5:22 pm, cuhu...@webtv.net wrote:
> Hee Heeeee,,, I was wayyyyyy off.Metinks one of those auto websites lied
> to me, concerning those three Tesla Motors executives who died in that
> Airplane crash today.Nothing funny about that though.
>
> http://www.cityofpaloalto.orghttp://www.city-data.com/city/Palo-Alto-California.html
>
> Palo Alto means Stick, (or Pole or Tree) Alto means Tall.http://www.devilfinder.com

> Palo Alto California
>
> I know wherebouts TMZ is though.Hollywood.
> cuhulin

Actually, Palo Alto is named for a rather tall and straight redwood
tree that grows adjacent to the RR station in town - literally *the*
Palo Alto. In fact, way back when, I am certain that is how the rail
stop itself got its name. Big redwood? Good landmark, let's build a
station there...

cuh...@webtv.net

Feb 18, 2010, 1:40:02 AM2/18/10
Metinks I am going to bore a vertical hole in what's left of that tree
stump I sawed off at ground level and put a whirlygig on a long tall
wood dowel, or maybe I will tape shut a forty five gallon plastic trash
bag and tie it on there, the Sun will make it rise up.Give those crazy
as hell democrap neighbors around here something to look at.What do you
think, doggy?

///WOO WOO WOOF! give me a cookie and go to bed!///
cuhulin

arthr...@webtv.net

Feb 18, 2010, 2:20:27 AM2/18/10

Ah, them dimmers again! Another incurable source of rf noise in
the house. May those little bastards be cursed forever and ever...

arthr...@webtv.net

Feb 18, 2010, 2:23:22 AM2/18/10
> people stop using noisy dimmers.- Hide quoted text -

Theoretically indeed.

dxAce

Feb 18, 2010, 3:54:53 AM2/18/10

Eno wrote:

> <enable_crap_filter>
> So thank you for at least keeping
> rec.radio.shortwave on life support while serious shortwavers hope
> for its resurrection. Your efforts are very commendable.
> <disable_crap_filter>
>
> It's because of half-wits like Mr. Lare that many people don't bother
> with this potentially-useful forum for information exchange.

Half-wit? Like you, 'tard boy?

Message has been deleted

dave

Feb 18, 2010, 8:32:05 AM2/18/10

Thirty Mile Zone. You don't have to pay a per diem if the production is
inside a 30 mile radius of some old movie lot.

dave

Feb 18, 2010, 8:35:06 AM2/18/10

Joe from Kokomo

Feb 18, 2010, 8:38:15 AM2/18/10

bpnjensen wrote:

> I can tell you - they suck. Avoid them at all cost.
>
> Bruce

Well, not completely true. The better (read more expensive) dimmers
include "radio frequency interference suppression circuitry". You get
what you pay for.

Steve

Feb 18, 2010, 8:44:18 AM2/18/10
It wasn't the political stuff that ruined this group. It was all the
HD-radio, IBOC crapola. The IBOC discussion has largely died down
since the proponents of IBOC grew tired of trying to convince people
that 2+2=7, but the damage is done and it is irreparable. I learned a
lot in this group, made the best of it by getting my ham license and
have never looked back. And I still like to drop in once in a great
while. The group would have to have a moderator or SOMETHING though
before it could recapture any past glory. As it is, any good
discussion of shortwave is going to be interrupted the second someone
like Jose Eduardo (or whatever his name was) shows up with some
cockamamie BS to spout.

bpnjensen

Feb 18, 2010, 10:34:56 AM2/18/10

Hi, Joe - I guess I've seen these, but I've never trusted them - have
you had experience with their improved circuitry?

D. Peter Maus

Feb 18, 2010, 10:48:58 AM2/18/10

I have.

Not so good. They do reduce RF emission, but they don't keep the
spike off the line, which creates most of the problems associated
with dimmers.

I pulled the SCR and Triac dimmers from my house and replaced
them with in-wall variacs where I absolutely had to have a dimmer.
VERY quiet.

Truth is, I don't really need dimmers in the house. Where I'd
want mood lighting, there are multiple sources in the room, anyway,
I put half of them on one switch and half on a second switch, and
then simply turn on the level of illumination I want or need.

Outdoor dusk-to-dawn security lights are often as much noise as
dimmers for us in the radio hobby. The most common solution is to
use a screw-in security light/socket in an outdoor fixture. These
screw-in solutions are usually SCR/TRIAC dimmers in a different
configuration. Intermatic, however, makes these devices without
SCR's, TRIACs or any other similar device. Intermatic devices use a
photo sensor, a time constant, and a closure which eliminates
flickering in lightning flashes, as well as radio noise. Intermatic
screw-in security light solutions are only fractionally more
expensive than the cheap crap usually found on shelves. I mean,
like, a buck or two difference, if that. End of problems.

There is more elegant solution, and that's a separate photo
sensor connected to the line that feeds the security lights. Also
using a closure, these produce zero noise, no flickering with
transient changes in ambient light, they can handle large loads
without difficulty, and you can adjust their on and off conditions
for optimal performance. For this application, I, again, use
Intermatic controls. $12, takes 15 minutes to install. The
instructions are clear, concise, and everything you need to do the
install is in the package.

And no soldering is required. :)

cuh...@webtv.net

Feb 18, 2010, 11:35:44 AM2/18/10
No light dimmers here.When I want to ''dim'' my lights I turn them off.

Had to strike a match to see if that light was lit!
cuhulin

BobS

Feb 18, 2010, 3:09:21 PM2/18/10
Hey, good, creative comeback.

dave

Feb 18, 2010, 4:32:30 PM2/18/10
to D. Peter Maus
D. Peter Maus wrote:

> Outdoor dusk-to-dawn security lights are often as much noise as
> dimmers for us in the radio hobby. The most common solution is to use a
> screw-in security light/socket in an outdoor fixture.

I opted to move out of the ghetto.

Priest

Feb 18, 2010, 5:07:33 PM2/18/10
On Feb 17, 9:49 pm, bpnjensen <bpnjen...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Cuhulin excepted.  He's a force unto himself ;-)

So he is a force's ass?

bpnjensen

Feb 18, 2010, 5:09:58 PM2/18/10
On Feb 18, 8:35 am, cuhu...@webtv.net wrote:

> Had to strike a match to see if that light was lit!
> cuhulin

I hope it was before you worked on your fuel lines ;-)

Priest

Feb 18, 2010, 5:10:02 PM2/18/10
On Feb 17, 8:19 pm, cuhu...@webtv.net wrote:
> dxAce was in U.S.Navy,,, you call him a half wit? What have you ever
> done for America?

"Many a bum show has been saved by the flag." George M. Cohen
"Patriotism is the last refuge of scoundrels." Samuel Johnson

dxAce

Feb 18, 2010, 5:57:49 PM2/18/10

Priest wrote:

"I think that the queers were the reason for the downfall of Rome" dxAce

dxAce

Feb 18, 2010, 6:06:00 PM2/18/10

dxAce wrote:

Forgot to add that MII, a Cunuck dufus, will need to update his dxAce file!

cuh...@webtv.net

Feb 18, 2010, 6:37:43 PM2/18/10
Looks like Queers (democraps and libturds) are trying to bring about the
downfall of America too.

Ass?,,,, on the web, Balaam's Ass.
http://www.balaams-ass.com

Forrr allllll the Saints above us,,,,,,,,,
cuhulin

Priest

Feb 18, 2010, 9:24:24 PM2/18/10
On Feb 18, 5:06 pm, dxAce <dx...@milestones.com> wrote:

> dxAce wrote:
> > "I think that the queers were the reason for the downfall of Rome" dxAce
>
> Forgot to add that MII, a Cunuck dufus, will need to update his dxAce file!

As will the FBI, US Secret Service, ATF, Homeland Security, Holland
PD, Ottawa County Sheriff's Dept., Michigan State Police and most
importantly; the MICHIGAN INTELLIGENCE OPERATIONS CENTER
http://www.michigan.gov/mioc

dave

Feb 19, 2010, 8:07:31 AM2/19/10

"War is a racket" Smedley Butler

dxAce

Feb 19, 2010, 8:07:51 AM2/19/10

dave wrote:

"Dave is a dufus" dxAce

dave

Feb 19, 2010, 8:08:57 AM2/19/10
I think they outgrew their infrastructure (spread themselves too thin)

dave

Feb 19, 2010, 8:11:18 AM2/19/10
cuh...@webtv.net wrote:
> Looks like Queers (democraps and libturds) are trying to bring about the
> downfall of America too.

The downfall of Imperial America too be sure. We should go back to
being a "shining city on a hill". Rather than "shining city on a hill
who wants to kill you and steal your oil".

dxAce

Feb 19, 2010, 8:12:55 AM2/19/10

dave wrote:

Steal? Heck, we actually pay market prices for our oil.

Rickmers, you are certainly confused.

dxAce

Feb 19, 2010, 8:26:23 AM2/19/10

dave wrote:

Rickmers, your mind is a ghetto.

dave

Feb 19, 2010, 8:29:43 AM2/19/10

No. We set up a puppet government to give us cover, then pay the
despots to oppress the locals and steal their oil. Do you think the
people of Saudi Arabia get compensated for what's under their feet? You
really are brainwashed.

dxAce

Feb 19, 2010, 8:31:19 AM2/19/10

dave wrote:

Rickmers, you have no brain to wash.

Message has been deleted

dave

Feb 19, 2010, 9:35:37 AM2/19/10
Bob Dobbs wrote:
> dave wrote:
>> dxAce wrote:

>>> "I think that the queers were the reason for the downfall of Rome" dxAce
>>>

>> I think they outgrew their infrastructure (spread themselves too thin)
>

> Or bent over and spread too wide?

People use disaster to advance a political agenda.

dxAce

Feb 19, 2010, 10:05:51 AM2/19/10
I really have to thank you for starting this thread. I don't think I've
received this much mileage out of anything previous!

Priest wrote:

> It has not escaped notice that you have become one of the more
> responsible contributors to the shortwave newsgroup. I've been
> following rrs for nearly 15 years and have never seen it so near death
> for such an extended period of time as it currently is.
>
> As you know, the destruction was done by a relatively few number of
> individuals (the group has never recovered from RHF's i.e. Roy Fisk,
> relentless campaign of changing the subject heading of every shortwave
> related post to sabotage the thread. Consequently rrs was rendered
> nearly useless as an archived resource for shortwave information.
>
> Frankly, I don't see it ever recovering to the former days of
> excellence but hope springs eternal. So thank you for at least keeping

bpnjensen

Feb 19, 2010, 10:27:58 AM2/19/10
On Feb 19, 5:11 am, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:

So they want to shine us on, eh? ;-)

arthr...@webtv.net

Feb 20, 2010, 12:53:57 AM2/20/10

Smedley Butler predicted the future confrontation with Japan in 1935.

arthr...@webtv.net

Feb 20, 2010, 1:04:13 AM2/20/10
On Feb 19, 8:11 am, dave <d...@dave.dave> wrote:

It is called Shangri-La ! Only in fairy tales.

Joe from Kokomo

Feb 20, 2010, 10:12:18 AM2/20/10
dave wrote:

> "War is a racket" Smedley Butler

Your sentiment above might carry a little more weight if you tell the
unknowing who Smedley Butler was...

Smedley Darlington Butler (July 30, 1881 � June 21, 1940), nicknamed
"The Fighting Quaker" and "Old Gimlet Eye", was a Major General in the
U.S. Marine Corps and, at the time of his death, the most decorated
Marine in U.S. history. During his 34 years of service, Butler was
awarded 16 medals, five of which were for heroism. He is one of only 19
people to be twice awarded the Medal of Honor, one of three to be
awarded a Marine Corps Brevet Medal and a Medal of Honor, and the only
person to be awarded the Brevet Medal and a Medal of Honor for two
different actions. [from Wikipedia.org]

So, an anti-war statement coming from a guy that made his living in the
military puts a little different twist on it, eh?

cuh...@webtv.net

Feb 20, 2010, 11:12:32 AM2/20/10
I have an old Reader's Digest book here which I bought years and years
ago at a Goodwill store. http://www.shopgoodwill.com One
of the articles in the book is about Prelude to World War Two Pearl
Harbor.I don't remember if that is the exact title of the article, I
would have to dig out that book and look.Maybe the article is titled
Operation Hawaii, whatever.It is a Very interesting read.

Current Melt Value Of Coins - How Much Is Your Coin Worth?
http://www.coinflation.com

Lets me gits bak tu mah diggin, diggin around wuts left uv dat stump dat
ahh cut offa ats ground level.Ahh figers ahh weel dig down and also
around deeps enuf sos ahh kin den cuts sum mo anna den plop the dirt bak
en tu dat hole en der ground.

Ahh yam a real wampus kittly, ahh am hell wen ahh am well, trubl is, ahh
stay sic alla de time!

And,,, DATS DAT!
cuhulin

arthr...@webtv.net

Feb 21, 2010, 12:19:11 AM2/21/10
On Feb 20, 11:12 am, cuhu...@webtv.net wrote:
> I have an old Reader's Digest book here which I bought years and years
> ago at a Goodwill store.    http://www.shopgoodwill.com             One
> of the articles in the book is about Prelude to World War Two Pearl
> Harbor.I don't remember if that is the exact title of the article, I
> would have to dig out that book and look.Maybe the article is titled
> Operation Hawaii, whatever.It is a Very interesting read.
>
> Current Melt Value Of Coins - How Much Is Your Coin Worth?http://www.coinflation.com

> Lets me gits bak tu mah diggin, diggin around wuts left uv dat stump dat
> ahh cut offa ats ground level.Ahh figers ahh weel dig down and also
> around deeps enuf sos ahh kin den cuts sum mo anna den plop the dirt bak
> en tu dat hole en der ground.
>
> Ahh yam a real wampus kittly, ahh am hell wen ahh am well, trubl is, ahh
> stay sic alla de time!
>
> And,,, DATS DAT!
> cuhulin

Find that Readers Digest article. I want to read what else wasn't made
public many years ago.

It is loading more messages.