WBCQ is a BIG dissapointment

mad_m...@my-deja.com

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
What on Earth has happened to Weiner and WBCQ?

This so-called peace love and understanding station is going downhill
FAST! All that's left of Weiner's original concept of an alternative
station are the music and talk shows he airs on the weekend. The rest
is just like WWCR or WHRI---hate preachers, silver and gold sellers,
and consperacy theory crap.

I heard Weiner on Friday night. He seems proud that WBCQ no longer
cuts off the hate preachers when they start up their bull shit. Proud
that he violated the promise of a hate-free station that he made to
Randi Steele and WBCQ's listeners around the world. Guess who will be
the special guest on Alan Weiner Worldwide next Friday? That HATE
preacher Pastor John Lewis! Then Weiner has the guts to use station IDs
that say This is your alternative voice. Alternative to WHAT?

This is NOT the kind of station we thought you would build, Alan. The
free radio community and most of the shortwave listening community is
VERY VERY dissapointed in you.

Mad Maxx
Pirate Radio 104

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

radio...@my-deja.com

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99

> This so-called peace love and understanding station is going downhill
> FAST! All that's left of Weiner's original concept of an alternative
> station are the music and talk shows he airs on the weekend. The rest
> is just like WWCR or WHRI---hate preachers, silver and gold sellers,
> and consperacy theory crap.

I'm disgusted too, but with the world we live in that has so many people
who send their money to these "preachers" whose weird diatribes waft in
over shortwave instead of giving it to their local churches where it has
a chance at least of doing some good and helping needy people. These
guys are on WBCQ because they have all that money that fools send them
and WBCQ needs it because it has bills to pay.

We have to realize that Mr. Weiner is has a "real" station with real
power bills every month and a real transmitter to pay for. I expect his
operating cost has to be many thousands of dollars a month, even if
everyone working there is a volunteer. You just can't run a 50 kW
station like you do "free radio."

Radio Swan

Chris Smolinski

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
In article <7kfaq5$k5g$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, mad_m...@my-deja.com wrote:

> What on Earth has happened to Weiner and WBCQ?

Weiner discovered the cold hard truth of radio - you need paying customers
to pay your bills. Good intentions and running lots of not-for-profit
programming is fine when you're a pirate, and your only bill is $50/month
for electricity.

73's
Chris

P.S. Not that I'm against pirate radio, in fact, I'm certainly in favor of
it, and the concept microcasting in general. Unfortunately, microcasting
will (if implemented) probably suffer the same fate-worse-than-death of the
public portion (88-92 MHz) of the FM band - become a haven for bible
bangers and essentially commercialized 'public radio' conglomerates. With
very little local interest or content. Curious how there's only room for
the far right and loony left.

--
Check out Black Cat Systems for radio (pirate, spy numbers) and Mac
software. http://www.blackcatsystems.com

The Numbers Racket - a CD-ROM of Spy Numbers stations, info available at
http://www.blackcatsystems.com/numbers

Tom Welch

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
My 2 Cents

I would take Mad Maxx's comments one step further and say
that alleged Christian bible thumpers, hate mongers, and right
wing nuts on WBCQ, WHRI, and WWCR are a major turnoff
when trying to introduce folks to the shortwave hobby. This
sort of programming appeals to sorry ass losers that have only
experienced failure all their lives, basically disfunctional and
emotionally distrubed, and feel disconnected from the greater
society. In short, WBCQ, WHRI, and WWCR are energy
sinks.

Tom Welch, Online Editor
WWW.MONEYWORDS.COM -> IT Business Skills Builder
Hours -> 10:30AM - 2:30PM Central Time
tomw...@swbell.net
v2v 210.737.7022
San Antonio, Texas

mad_m...@my-deja.com wrote:

> What on Earth has happened to Weiner and WBCQ?
>

> This so-called peace love and understanding station is going downhill
> FAST! All that's left of Weiner's original concept of an alternative
> station are the music and talk shows he airs on the weekend. The rest
> is just like WWCR or WHRI---hate preachers, silver and gold sellers,
> and consperacy theory crap.
>

> I heard Weiner on Friday night. He seems proud that WBCQ no longer
> cuts off the hate preachers when they start up their bull shit. Proud
> that he violated the promise of a hate-free station that he made to
> Randi Steele and WBCQ's listeners around the world. Guess who will be
> the special guest on Alan Weiner Worldwide next Friday? That HATE
> preacher Pastor John Lewis! Then Weiner has the guts to use station IDs
> that say This is your alternative voice. Alternative to WHAT?
>
> This is NOT the kind of station we thought you would build, Alan. The
> free radio community and most of the shortwave listening community is
> VERY VERY dissapointed in you.
>
> Mad Maxx
> Pirate Radio 104

N0VFP

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
>This so-called peace love and understanding station is going downhill
>FAST! All that's left of Weiner's original concept of an alternative
>station are the music and talk shows he airs on the weekend. The rest
>is just like WWCR or WHRI---hate preachers, silver and gold sellers,
>and consperacy theory crap.

What's wrong with that?? SW is an alternative to the leftist controlled media,
own in big part by JEWS!

>I heard Weiner on Friday night. He seems proud that WBCQ no longer
>cuts off the hate preachers when they start up their bull shit.

Good, I did'nt like this "hate speech" stuff in the first place!

>Proud
>that he violated the promise of a hate-free station that he made to
>Randi Steele and WBCQ's listeners around the world. Guess who will be
>the special guest on Alan Weiner Worldwide next Friday? That HATE
>preacher Pastor John Lewis!

I'll be sure to tape that one!

>Then Weiner has the guts to use station >IDs
>that say This is your alternative voice. Alternative to WHAT?

Why don't you buy some time and put on some of your left-wing, anti-american,
homosexual stuff then and quit whining!

>This is NOT the kind of station we thought you would build, Alan. The
>free radio community and most of the shortwave listening community is
>VERY VERY dissapointed in you.

I'm proud that Alan has taken a stand and wants to put on Brother Stair, John
Lewis and I like "Amos and Andy" too!

>Mad Maxx
>Pirate Radio 104

LLoyd Davies, N0VFP /4
Athens, Alabama EM64
ATS 909, DX302, DX390, DX392
ICOM 706 for 2m and 6m FM and SSB
WEB PAGES:
http://members.tripod.com/~N0VFP
http://www.erols.com/imageinn/dwm/

Spunky The Waffle Iron

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
Sounds like WBCQ is just another shortwave broadcasting transmitter rented out to whoever wants
to pay for a slot to use it.
Kind of like New York City Community Access cable, where in one show you have Christians, followed up
by some satanist pedophile group demanding equal rights and tax exemption as a religion.
Welcome to the real world, it sucks, it's screwed but hey, we all helped make it this way.

Spunky The Waffle Iron

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
I like pirate radio.
I think it's kind of neat to have outlaws sneaking around broadcasting illegaly,
as long as they don't step on other stations.

Spunky The Waffle Iron

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
| What's wrong with that?? SW is an alternative to the leftist controlled media,
| own in big part by JEWS!

You know, I'm really not keen on blacks, but Jews are white so why pick or be racist on them?

mad_m...@my-deja.com

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
In Loving Memory
Of what WBCQ could have been,
Here is one of Randi Steele's favorite songs,

ONE by Creed

Affirmative may be justified
Take from one give to another
The goal is to be unified
Take my hand be my brother
The payment silenced the masses
Sanctified by oppression
Unity took a back seat
Sliding further in regression

One
The only way is one
I feel angry I feel helpless
Want to change the world
I feel violent I feel alone
Don't try and change my mind
Society blind by color
Why hold down one to raise another
Discrimination now on both sides
Seeds of hate blossom further
The world is heading for mutiny
When all we want is unity
We may rise and fall, but in the end
We meet our fate together

One
The only way is one
I feel angry I feel helpless
Want to change the world
I feel violent I feel alone
Don't try and change my mind

khulb...@my-deja.com

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
Oooo...what a talented and DEEP person; reciting song lyrics. I bet he
can do it all from memory too!

mad_m...@my-deja.com wrote:
> In Loving Memory
> Of what WBCQ could have been,
> Here is one of Randi Steele's favorite songs,

MWBRYANT

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99

>What's wrong with that?? SW is an alternative to the leftist controlled
>media,
>own in big part by JEWS!
>

>From: n0...@aol.com (N0VFP)

Isn't this the same guy that sells tiny-Tenna? Is that piece of shit really
being hawked by avowed racists from Alabama? If so, anyone interested in a
boycott?

MWBRYANT

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
>From: "Spunky The Waffle Iron" <@.>
>

>| What's wrong with that?? SW is an alternative to the leftist =
>controlled media,
>| own in big part by JEWS!=20
>
>You know, I'm really not keen on blacks, but Jews are white so why pick =

>or be racist on them?

Wow. Being half a racist is so much better... And people wonder why the
general public thinks shortwave is for loonies...

Spunky The Waffle Iron

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
Go hug a tree, hippy. :)

Spunky The Waffle Iron

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
Go hug a tree, hippy :)

sol_sch...@my-deja.com

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
[See Below]

Maybe we are looking at this all wrong. Maybe we should appreciate the
comedic value of the various preachers and prophets and crackpots that
run on WBCQ.

Don Imus became famous over 25 years ago for running comedy bits
featuring the outrageous character "Reverend Doctor Billy Sol Hargis" on
his morning radio show on WNBC in New York. "Put yo' haaaands on da
Raaaadio - Billy Sol gonna HEAL ya-all." At that time, Billy Sol Hargis
was the most outrageous preacher to be found anywhere on the radio. I
used to love listening to his wit back when I lived in New Jersey.

I think that some of the preachers on shortwave today are much more
bizarre than brother Hargis ever was even in his heyday. Maybe we
should congratulate Weiner for his excellent radio comedy and the fact
that he is ripping off the social rejects who pay him for running it at
the same time!

Sol Schidthaus
Huntsville, Alabama, USA

In article <7kftbk$p5o$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

radio...@my-deja.com wrote:

> > This so-called peace love and understanding station is going
downhill
> > FAST! All that's left of Weiner's original concept of an
alternative
> > station are the music and talk shows he airs on the weekend. The
rest
> > is just like WWCR or WHRI---hate preachers, silver and gold sellers,
> > and consperacy theory crap.
>

> I'm disgusted too, but with the world we live in that has so many
people
> who send their money to these "preachers" whose weird diatribes waft
in
> over shortwave instead of giving it to their local churches where it
has
> a chance at least of doing some good and helping needy people. These
> guys are on WBCQ because they have all that money that fools send them
> and WBCQ needs it because it has bills to pay.
>
> We have to realize that Mr. Weiner is has a "real" station with real
> power bills every month and a real transmitter to pay for. I expect
his
> operating cost has to be many thousands of dollars a month, even if
> everyone working there is a volunteer. You just can't run a 50 kW
> station like you do "free radio."
>
> Radio Swan

CW

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
When I first heard that WBCQ was going on the air, my first thought was,
now we will have another station broadcasting Brother Stair and his type.
Did anyone think it was going to be any different? How else is the station
going to survive? Do you really think that someone is going to pay the
production and airtime cost to put on a show just out of the goodness of
their heart? BCB radio pays for their time with advertising, an option not
available to shortwave broadcasters. Advertising (and transmitting, for
that matter) to a domestic audience on short wave is illegal. If anyone out
there has enough money that they don't need then go ahead and put on some
interesting radio shows. If not, accept what is out there, it's economic
reality. BTW, if Brother Stair was never heard again, that would be fine
with me.
--
CW
KC7NOD

mad_m...@my-deja.com wrote in article <7kgkfc$uuj$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

> In Loving Memory
> Of what WBCQ could have been,
> Here is one of Randi Steele's favorite songs,

Jim

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
even though "hate radio" is one of my favorite shows to listen to, there
are zillions of things on my radio to hear. things from every country,
expressing every view from every part of the world. all the privately
owned american stations do seem the same (just more "hate" for me to
hear!) but that in no way limits the possibilities available on the rest
of the radio spectrum. often i am sidetracked by a foreign station that
i just happened on, and miss the pete peters show i am looking for. just
try this, cover the display of your radio and explore the bands blind.
tune around with no idea of where you are. you will hear things that you
never heard before, because you cant choose the stations that you are
the most familiar with. instead you will venture into unknown territory
where you might hear anything. if the interesting subject you are
listening to changes then go to another frequency until you find
something else to catch your ear. if hate catches your ear, then its you
listening to it. dont blame the station. if you dont like hate then tune
on, it will just become part of the background noise.

Mr.Mean

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
khulb...@my-deja.com wrote:

> Oooo...what a talented and DEEP person; reciting song lyrics. I bet he
> can do it all from memory too!
>
> mad_m...@my-deja.com wrote:

> > In Loving Memory
> > Of what WBCQ could have been,
> > Here is one of Randi Steele's favorite songs,

I bet he still uses that technique to impress young adolescent girls. (Or
boys -- as his case might be).

Richard Webb

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
With all this talk about WWCQ, I'm just about ready to cut a half wave
dipole for that frequency. Does anyone know what would be the best wire
antenna for eliminating the QRM that interferes with the radio show later in
the evening? I'm thinking about going horizontal in the hopes of catching a
first bounce from WWCQ. That should discriminate against the other
interfering signal. However, with my Drake TR-7's band pass tuning, I have
been having good luck monitoring WWCQ in SSB mode while using my IF Shift to
move the interfering station out of the pass band.

The material that I monitored was typically a Christian expectation of the
return of Jesus, and I noticed a slight new confederacy medaphor. It's
almost as if they want the South to rise again? In any case, I will monitor
sit on the frequency for a while to see what's cooking.

Richard-KD6FB

--
RWe...@csi.com
mad_m...@my-deja.com wrote in message <7kfaq5$k5g$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

>What on Earth has happened to Weiner and WBCQ?
>

>This so-called peace love and understanding station is going downhill
>FAST! All that's left of Weiner's original concept of an alternative
>station are the music and talk shows he airs on the weekend. The rest
>is just like WWCR or WHRI---hate preachers, silver and gold sellers,
>and consperacy theory crap.
>

>I heard Weiner on Friday night. He seems proud that WBCQ no longer

>cuts off the hate preachers when they start up their bull shit. Proud

>that he violated the promise of a hate-free station that he made to
>Randi Steele and WBCQ's listeners around the world. Guess who will be
>the special guest on Alan Weiner Worldwide next Friday? That HATE

>preacher Pastor John Lewis! Then Weiner has the guts to use station IDs

>that say This is your alternative voice. Alternative to WHAT?
>

>This is NOT the kind of station we thought you would build, Alan. The
>free radio community and most of the shortwave listening community is
>VERY VERY dissapointed in you.
>

>Mad Maxx
>Pirate Radio 104

Woofle

Jun 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/20/99
On Sat, 19 Jun 1999 15:30:19 -0500 (EST), inagadd...@webtv.net
(Jim) wrote:

>often i am sidetracked by a foreign station that
>i just happened on, and miss the pete peters show i am looking for.

That would be a shame to miss out on all that demented comedy!

Pete Peters was recently explaining how all those school massacres
could have been prevented if only more kids carried firearms to
school. So there you have it -- the solution to school violence:
an AK-47 in every book-bag! I almost laughed off the chair to hear
such am amazing claim being made. Some people don't even need to
be on drugs to think this way.

In an earlier show, he was explaining how a magic biological
transformation from human to animal occurs during the act
of homosexual sex. I kid you not. He didn't offer any evidence
for this (perhaps it's personal experience?). Actually, I thought
people do sorta act like animals during sex, but apparently
it's a literal, biological transformation. Hollywood could use this
to save a bundle on special effects!

Also, he wants you to avoid vaccines. Apparently, getting diptheria
and whooping cough and measles and tetanus and polio is *good* for
children. Only some of them will die, after all, and many more will
be crippled or disfigured for life. But since Peters cares for all
the little children*, it must be good for them.

*Jew children excepted.

sol_sch...@my-deja.com

Jun 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/20/99
[See below.]

Now there's a man who appreciates good comedy!

Like I said, Don Imus never made up stuff quite this good for his on-air
alter ego, the funniest radio preacher on the air when I lived in New
Jersey in the 1970s, the Rev. Dr. Billy Sol Hargis!

Sol Schidthaus
Huntsville, Alabama

Michael Rathbun

Jun 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/20/99
In rec.radio.shortwave on Sun, 20 Jun 1999 08:36:06 GMT,
sol_sch...@my-deja.com wrote:

>[See below.]
>
>Now there's a man who appreciates good comedy!
>
>Like I said, Don Imus never made up stuff quite this good for his on-air
>alter ego, the funniest radio preacher on the air when I lived in New
>Jersey in the 1970s, the Rev. Dr. Billy Sol Hargis!

You are thinking of Billy James Hargis (Billy Sol Estes was another guy, into
cotton fraud). He sort of disappeared after being accused of molesting
students of both sexes at the school he was running.
--
"Honest folk do not wear masks when they enter a bank."
-- Unspiek, Baron Bodissey

Yubi Maru #17

Jun 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/20/99
In <2D5A5692670539AE.1F3E2B1E...@lp.airnews.net>
(rec.radio.shortwave)

on Sun, 20 Jun 1999 14:41:15 GMT mdr+...@honet.com (Michael Rathbun) wrote:

>In rec.radio.shortwave on Sun, 20 Jun 1999 08:36:06 GMT,
>sol_sch...@my-deja.com wrote:
>
>>[See below.]
>>
>>Now there's a man who appreciates good comedy!
>>
>>Like I said, Don Imus never made up stuff quite this good for his on-air
>>alter ego, the funniest radio preacher on the air when I lived in New
>>Jersey in the 1970s, the Rev. Dr. Billy Sol Hargis!
>
>You are thinking of Billy James Hargis (Billy Sol Estes was another guy, into
>cotton fraud). He sort of disappeared after being accused of molesting
>students of both sexes at the school he was running.

Wow, now there's a name that hasn't come up for a while. I always wanted to
see his "Cathedral of the Christian Crusade". How can you have a cathedral
without a throne (cathedra) and a bishop to sit on it?

But for sheer buffoonery, nobody could beat Carl McIntire... He had pirate
radio transmitters on boats, public uproars over finances, called for the
abolition of the FCC...

Wait! Yes, somebody could beat Carl McIntire! David Webber of the Southwest
Radio Church! Yes! His daily radio program was the "National Enquirer" of
Christian Radio. Plus, he was already into the Illuminati Conspiracy while
plodders like Hargis and McIntire were still screeching vainly about the
Commies, unaware that the iron rule of the (not yet named) New World Order
would be ushered in by Comet Kohoutek. Or was it the Masonic order? It
changed from week to week.

Then there was dear old C. W. Burpo... Those were the days.

Steve_Coletti

Jun 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/20/99
In article <2D5A5692670539AE.1F3E2B1E...@lp.airnews.net>,

mdr+...@honet.com (Michael Rathbun) wrote:

>You are thinking of Billy James Hargis (Billy Sol Estes was another guy, into
>cotton fraud). He sort of disappeared after being accused of molesting
>students of both sexes at the school he was running.

Imus' character was the Rev. Billy Sol Hargis, an unabashed take off of
the Rev. Billy James Hargis. Most of us who lived on the east coast never
heard of the real Rev. Hargis, but we did hear of Estes.

--
< ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^>
< "Big Steve" Coletti >

sol_sch...@my-deja.com

Jun 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/21/99
[See Below]

I'm afraid that the example I gave, Reverend Dr. Billy Sol Hargis, might
not be known very well known outside the NYC area. He was a creation of
the pioneering shock-jock morning-man Don Imus about 30 years ago, when
he was only heard on 660 WNBC (now WFAN). Don Imus, AKA "the I-Man," is
now heard on WFAN and also in several major markets via syndication.

Imus wanted to create a caricature of an outrageous, crooked radio
preacher even more bizarre than Billy James Hargis, Carl McIntire, and
the sundry crackpots that came over the border from stations like XERF
in Mexico. He fused the names of a then-famous crook left over from the
LBJ presidency, Billy Sol Estes, with the communist-hunting radio
preacher whose bisexual lifestyle had been his undoing, Billy James
Hargis. He created Billy Sol Hargis who, the story went, ran "Holy Land
Amusement Park and Discount House of Worship" just south of Del Rio,
Texas. [XERF was just south of Del Rio, a border town.]

Billy Sol appeared with a different comedy bit every few days on Imus'
morning show. He touted the "Holy Roller Coaster" at his "Holy Land
Amusement Park." He derided Mattel for having Ken and Barbie live in
the same house without being married and offered his own "Ken and Barbie
do-it-yourself wedding kit" so that wise parents could end the sinful
cohabitation right before their kid's eyes "for only $9.95." He saw
Erector Sets as as a Communist conspiracy to turn little boys into
"communist degenerate sex fiends." He made special offers, like "this
week and this week only you can make a $10 donation for only $8.99!" It
went on and on. It was some of the best comedy on the radio. I
listened to him all the time back when I lived in New Jersey.

Now WBCQ is running the same kind of stuff and being paid for it.
Weiner should be congratulated!

Sol Schidthaus
Huntsville, Alabama

> >Now there's a man who appreciates good comedy!
> >
> >Like I said, Don Imus never made up stuff quite this good for his
on-air
> >alter ego, the funniest radio preacher on the air when I lived in New
> >Jersey in the 1970s, the Rev. Dr. Billy Sol Hargis!
>

> You are thinking of Billy James Hargis (Billy Sol Estes was another
guy, into
> cotton fraud). He sort of disappeared after being accused of
molesting
> students of both sexes at the school he was running.

> --
> "Honest folk do not wear masks when they enter a bank."
> -- Unspiek, Baron Bodissey

Michael Rathbun

Jun 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/21/99
In <7kl6cb$7et$1...@nnrp1.deja.com> (rec.radio.shortwave)

on Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:06:55 GMT sol_sch...@my-deja.com wrote:

>I'm afraid that the example I gave, Reverend Dr. Billy Sol Hargis, might
>not be known very well known outside the NYC area.

You are absolutely correct. I can assure you that that would not have
played very well in the area where I used to hear Billy James et al.
Sounds like brilliant stuff.

On the other hand, some of the fine points of such a satire might also have
escaped most of the East-of-Hudson listeners, who weren't quite as drenched
in this material as we were out there in the MO/KS/AR/OK area. In some
benighted portions of the country, they had only Herbert W. Armstrong to
rely on.

Kevin Alfred Strom

Jun 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/21/99

I have some of those "Billy Sol" recordings -- pretty amusing,
particularly the "trick Bible" to be used by politicians when
swearing oaths. Billy Sol promised "Not a single word of scripture
on any page! Say Hallelujah!"

One set of boobs reveres Falwell and Hargis and Bakker and
Armstrong.

And another -- equally stupid -- set of boobs reveres Bill Moyers
and Toni Morrison and Maya Angelou.

Actually, the latter group may actually take the biscuit for pure
lunacy, since they claim no supernatural sanction for their idols'
moronic pronouncements, but actually allege that they are using
their powers of reason.

You may be interested to know that I have it on good authority that,
at his peak, Jimmy Swaggert was taking in approximately $750,000 per
day from the suckers.

Both the "democracy and equality" racket and the religion racket are
extremely profitable. Currently the "equality" swindle is the more
dangerous to freedom, however.

With all good wishes,

--

Kevin Alfred Strom.

News, links, and pictures: http://members.xoom.com/kevin_strom/

Walter Spector

Jun 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/21/99
sol_sch...@my-deja.com wrote:
> I think that some of the preachers on shortwave today are much more
> bizarre than brother Hargis ever was even in his heyday.

Doc Scott used to have a TV station here in the San Francisco area.
If you think his radio broadcasts are strange, you should see him
on TV!

Walt
--
Walt Spector
(w...@sgi.com)

Fcathell

Jun 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/21/99
I haven't a Dr. Billy Sol skit on Imus for almost a year now. Too bad - they
were LOL funny.

Frank

Jim Shaffer, Jr.

Jun 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/21/99
On Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:58:20 -0700, Walter Spector <w...@w6ws.corp.sgi.com>
wrote:

>Doc Scott used to have a TV station here in the San Francisco area.
>If you think his radio broadcasts are strange, you should see him
>on TV!

But I've never heard Gene Scott promoting fascism.

--
Secretary, Williamsport Area Computer Club <http://www.sunlink.net/wacc>
Member, Susquehanna Valley Amateur Astronomers <http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/2999/svaa.html>

Spunky The Waffle Iron

Jun 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/21/99
I've heard Gene Scott promoting horses, fornication, adultery, cussing, smoking, drinking and giving him money,
but no, not fascism I think.
He used to be wonderful to watch on TV here in Dallas, but after about 2-3 years of him saying "get on the telephone" and showing those
damned horses instead of preaching, talking about pyramids etc. (except rarely) we all got fed up with him and stop watching his show, less giving
him money.

Steve_Coletti

Jun 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/22/99
In article <esnFHCsu#GA....@ntawwabp.compuserve.com>,
"Richard Webb" <RWe...@csi.com> wrote:
>... Does anyone know what would be the best wire

>antenna for eliminating the QRM that interferes with the radio show later in
>the evening?

The QRM from the VOA is gone. They are not using the 350 degree transmit
angle that caused the problem this season. They may not even be using the
frequency either. I'd like to think they won't be using it in the
fall-winter season either, but you never know.

Scott Wilson

Jun 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/22/99
Hello,

I don't have the original post, so I don't know exactly what program Richard is
referring to, but there is co-channel interference from VOA from 0430 to 0530 UTC
on 7415. It's not as bad as the 0300-0500 interference from the last broadcast
season, but it does make the WBCQ programming difficult to listen to, at least
here on the west coast.

--Scott

Paul Sexton

Jun 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/22/99
In article <qD/b3QQI8V...@dorsai.org>, Steve_Coletti
<bigs...@dorsai.org> writes

>The QRM from the VOA is gone. They are not using the 350 degree transmit
>angle that caused the problem this season. They may not even be using the
>frequency either. I'd like to think they won't be using it in the
>fall-winter season either, but you never know.

For the last few months here in London the only station I've heard on
7415kHz has been VOA. WBCQ has vanished.

--
Paul Sexton Paul's Radio Museum
http://www.paulplu.demon.co.uk/radio/

Richard Webb

Jun 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/22/99
Steve,

I'll let you know what time the QRM kicks in out here in the San Francisco
area. Last night I had good solid copy on your station up until about the
time the Amos & Andy show came on the air.

Richard-KD6FB

--
RWe...@csi.com
Steve_Coletti wrote in message ...

>In article <esnFHCsu#GA....@ntawwabp.compuserve.com>,
>"Richard Webb" <RWe...@csi.com> wrote:
>>... Does anyone know what would be the best wire
>>antenna for eliminating the QRM that interferes with the radio show later
in
>>the evening?
>

>The QRM from the VOA is gone. They are not using the 350 degree transmit
>angle that caused the problem this season. They may not even be using the
>frequency either. I'd like to think they won't be using it in the
>fall-winter season either, but you never know.

Steve_Coletti

Jun 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/22/99
In article <oLpLrLAl...@paulplu.demon.co.uk>,

Paul Sexton <Pa...@paulplu.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>For the last few months here in London the only station I've heard on
>7415kHz has been VOA. WBCQ has vanished.

Well then I guess they're still using the frequency with the 5 or is it 15
degree angle. By the fall WBCQ should have another couple of frequencies
to alternate with and a bi-directional rhombic antenna. If Allan does what
he's supposed to do then the general/secular programming will move to the
new frequency agile transmitter with all religion on the other one. Which
freqency will be which I don't know.

Steve_Coletti

Jun 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/22/99
In article <37700273...@leland.stanford.edu>,

Scott Wilson <s...@leland.stanford.edu> wrote:
>referring to, but there is co-channel interference from VOA from 0430 to 0530 UTC
>on 7415. It's not as bad as the 0300-0500 interference from the last broadcast
>season, but it does make the WBCQ programming difficult to listen to, at least
>here on the west coast.

Except for Sunday mornings with the Tom and Darly show, the time period is
occupied all the other nights by Brother Stair. You're not missing much.

Richard Webb

Jun 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/22/99
PawlRevere,

If VOA is jamming WBCQ on 7415 to Europe, that probably means that Klinton
doesn't like the station? <g> I have only monitored the station for a
couple of nights now, but according to what I know about the Bible, which
isn't much, Brother Stair may be correct?

Richard-KD6FB
--
RWe...@csi.com
PawlRevere wrote in message
<19990622212634...@ng-co1.aol.com>...

>>For the last few months here in London the only station I've heard on
>>7415kHz has been VOA. WBCQ has vanished.
>>

>thats too bad, bill cooper's show is great 9-11 EDT mon-thu

PawlRevere

Jun 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/23/99

Spunky The Waffle Iron

Jun 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/23/99
Bro Stair is an idiot.
He does nothing but blather about everyone going to hell.
If his intent is to lead people to G-d then he's losing as he runs everyone off.

john...@my-deja.com

Jun 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/23/99
In article
<E8A4D04A60C3288F.A42CD281...@lp.airnews.net>,

"Spunky The Waffle Iron" <@.> wrote:
> Bro Stair is an idiot.
> He does nothing but blather about everyone going to hell.
> If his intent is to lead people to G-d then he's losing as he runs =
> everyone off.

Bro stair is not an idiot. The idiots are the ones who believes what he
says, and those who give him the money to broadcast his hatred over the
airways.

Spunky The Waffle Iron

Jun 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/23/99
I get it, you are saying he's a slick willy who's out to deceive others and get money while he's at it.
Ok, so he's not an idiot, just deceptive, dangerous and money grubbing.
BTW, I heard him dissing just about everyone in the world other than himself the other night.
I was waiting for him to start insulting christian musicians next, like carmen, amy grant etc.
Sounds like he just wants everyone to beleive in him instead of anyone else.
Sounds like he's kinda trying to be G-d himself.
Anyhow, it doesn't take much to see through him, unless one is young or vulnerable.

The RIGHT Perspective Radio Show

Jun 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/23/99
Interesting that your refer to Preachers as "hate preachers." What is so
"hateful?"
I suspect is had to do with their insistence that people live according to
the Bible
which makes certain "lifestyles" a sin????

Spunky The Waffle Iron

Jun 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/23/99
| Interesting that your refer to Preachers as "hate preachers." What is so "hateful?"
| I suspect is had to do with their insistence that people live according to
| the Bible | which makes certain "lifestyles" a sin????

First of all, you and the preachers can insist all they want.
Who the hell are you or the preachers to INSIST that anyone live according to their
beleifs, esp those who don't beleive in G-d, thus feel that they don't have to live according
to anything except what society deems right and wrong?
I do beleive in G-d, but on the other hand, you can tell me and 99.999% of most people to give up
their sins and we will sit here an laugh at you as we all know that if we could just give up our sins
and not be bound to them, then Jesus wouldn't have needed to come save us in the first place.
Fact is, we are all lost and if you are one who lives a clean lifestyle, I can assure you that either you are
deceiving yourself or you never had to deal with failing to great extents before.
Fine for you, you don't need as much salvation as the rest of us, but walk a mile in my shoes after being
raped by his cousin at 4, living a life of drugs and sex trying to kill the pain and then tell me about living
a wonderful disneyland lifestyle.
You live a sheltered life, I've been to hell and back. Sounds like as a perfect person, you are not one to talk
about giving up sin nor are an expert on sinning.

Scott Wilson

Jun 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/23/99
Yeah, I hadn't thought about that, but I guess you're right. I always notice it when
listening to Tom and Darryl. --Scott

Tom Welch

Jun 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/23/99
Re: The Right Perspective Radio Show

And who the hell are you to talk about the bible when you
post Sangean shortwave radios for sale at 2 and half times
their market value. FUCK OFF!

Tom Welch, Online Editor
WWW.MONEYWORDS.COM -> IT Business Skills Builder
tomw...@swbell.net
v2v 210.737.7022
San Antonio, Texas USA

Tom Welch

Jun 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/23/99
Re: Slick Willie:

My favorite slick willies are the right wing loonies, such as
The Right Perspective folks, selling Sangean shortwave radios
on this newsgroup at two and a half times what you can buy the same
radio at Universal, CCrane, Grove, Communications Electronics
and so on.

And these guys call themselves Christians. What a motherfucking joke!
--

Tom Welch, Online Editor
WWW.MONEYWORDS.COM -> IT Business Skills Builder
tomw...@swbell.net
v2v 210.737.7022
San Antonio, Texas USA

Tom Welch

Jun 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/23/99

Tom Welch

Jun 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/23/99

Bill Matthews

Jun 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/23/99
Richard,

Let's talk reception and jamming.......

As in the case throughout the shortwave broadcasting bands, one station
(WBCQ) is suffering adjacent channel interference from another. That
certainly isn't "jamming". That particular VOA transmitter is targeting
Africa at that time period, while the WBCQ signal is aimed at Europe, at
least as reported in another post on this newsgroup.

Try listening to CFRX on 6070 around 0100 UTC, while Deutsche Welle is on
6075. You'll hear a similar pattern of adjacent channel interference - and
it certainly isn't jamming. While many who read this group may not remember
Soviet jamming back in the 1960s, 70s, and 80s, you KNEW they were indeed
jamming - with heavy emphasis given to blocking incoming signals from Radio
Liberty and Radio Free Europe, among others. There is no comparison with
the level of interference being reported by listeners of WBCQ or countless
other broadcasting stations now as compared to the 'roaring' sound that
countless Soviet jammers aired.. In fact, with the reduction in operation
time of a number of European stations (in particular), the shortwave bands
provide a much higher degree of "listenable" programming than ever before.

Shortwave does not provide interference-free reception like FM - we can only
be thankful that general reception is better than that noted on any number
of medium wave channels (AM radio) noted through North America.

Additionally, if a High Frequency Manager suddenly puts a station right on
top of another signal, that does not necessarily constitute jamming - merely
trying to get the station's signal through to a target area. In instances
such as that, the power of the transmitter and the effectiveness of the
transmission antenna may make all the difference. (I'm thinking of Radio
Portugal putting their North American Service on 9570 - which was also being
used by Radio Bucharest (now Radio Romania International), which was
Romania's main 'clear' frequency beamed this way. It wasn't a case of
jamming - the 31 meter band was filled with broadcasters, so Portugal looked
for the frequency having the weakest signal in the target area and moved
their high power outlet there so that they could be heard.)

With changes in shortwave propagation, any number of distant stations come
and go as to when they are audible in a particular target area - despite
what a station may claim. Certain stations are audible here in North
America only during mid-winter, others in the spring and autumn periods.
Fluctuations in reception quality of the WBCQ signal in Europe should be
expected - and if a more powerful transmitter is on elsewhere (especially
away from the auroral zone), that's the one that will be heard instead.

The most clear example of jamming now in the Americas must most certainly be
that directed against WRMI, Radio Miami International, on 9955 kilohertz.
Now, THAT's jamming!

Bill Matthews
---------------------------------------
bmat...@email.msn.com
---------------------------------------

Richard Webb <RWe...@csi.com> wrote in message

> PawlRevere,
>
> If VOA is jamming WBCQ on 7415 to Europe, that probably means that Klinton
> doesn't like the station? <g> I have only monitored the station for a
> couple of nights now, but according to what I know about the Bible, which
> isn't much, Brother Stair may be correct?
>

> Richard-KD6FB
> --
> RWe...@csi.com
> PawlRevere wrote in message
> <19990622212634...@ng-co1.aol.com>...

Spunky The Waffle Iron

Jun 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/23/99
Tom, do you have a bot posting this every 15 minutes or something?
This is the 3'rd time you have posted exactly this.

The RIGHT Perspective Radio Show

Jun 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/23/99
to Tom Welch
I am not talking about the Bible, I'm talking about preachers who are being
wrongly accused of hate because THEY preach what's in the Bible.

As for your claim of offerring Sangean radios for "twice their market value"
again you are wrong. The LOW prices you so quickly pointed out to those in the
newsgroup are prices offerred by companies looking to rid themselves of the
stock they have. At least one company you referenced in an earlier post was
giving the units away at THEIR COST. Cost hardly represents "market value."
Aside from that, we are attempting to sell those products at a profit so as to
support our radio show. There is nothing wrong with profit.

BTW, the "market" will pay whatever it thinks is ok to pay. Since we have a
50,000 watt radio station on which we advertise our web site products, our
success at selling those radios at our prices has been considerable; hence we
ARE the market..

Tom Welch wrote:

> Re: The Right Perspective Radio Show
>
> And who the hell are you to talk about the bible when you
> post Sangean shortwave radios for sale at 2 and half times
> their market value. FUCK OFF!
>

> Tom Welch, Online Editor
> WWW.MONEYWORDS.COM -> IT Business Skills Builder
> tomw...@swbell.net
> v2v 210.737.7022
> San Antonio, Texas USA

Spunky The Waffle Iron

Jun 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/23/99
Nothing wrong with preaching what is in the bible.
Something is wrong with preachers who dwell on hell and never get over it.
We neeed to hear love and goodness, not how G-d is gonna make the unsaved into his eternal BBQ.

Steve_Coletti

Jun 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/23/99
In article <O7xnIVcv#GA.455@cpmsnbbsa02>,

"Bill Matthews" <bmat...@email.msn.com> wrote:
>Richard,
>
>Let's talk reception and jamming.......
>
>certainly isn't "jamming". That particular VOA transmitter is targeting
>Africa at that time period, while the WBCQ signal is aimed at Europe, at
>least as reported in another post on this newsgroup.

WBCQ is beaming towards Mexico City. The new transmitter will be
bidirectional.

Anita L McCormick

Jun 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/23/99

Spunky The Waffle Iron <@.> wrote in message ...

Those so-called preachers have the ENTIRE BIBLE to preach from. The
majority of the Bible is about love, fairness and kindness, etc--especially
the New Testament. So why the HELL did John Lewis and R. G Stair continually
dwell on the ONE issue that they KNEW was causing problems? The ONLY reason
they did that was so Randi would be forced to resign. And now that she's
gone, they get on the air and gloat about it.

Doesn't sound like these jerks are very Christian to me!

BTW, these guys can't claim to be quoting the Bible when they call people
fagots. That word is NOT in the King James Version at all, and probably
isn't in any of the newer translations either.

Anita
http://www.angelfire.com/biz/AnitaMcCormick

Jeff Adams

Jun 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/24/99
On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 16:08:47 -0500, Tom Welch <tomw...@swbell.net>
wrote:

>Re: Slick Willie:
>
>My favorite slick willies are the right wing loonies, such as
>The Right Perspective folks, selling Sangean shortwave radios
>on this newsgroup at two and a half times what you can buy the same
>radio at Universal, CCrane, Grove, Communications Electronics
>and so on.

So, give us some examples. From http://trp.orn.com/radios.htm I see:
ATS-909 (http://trp.orn.com/909.htm) for $249, the ATS 808A for $229
(http://trp.orn.com/808a.htm), and the ATS 404 for $109
(http://trp.orn.com/404.htm).

For comparison purposes, at Universal, I see the ATS-909 for $239
(http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/1909.html), and the
ATS 808A for $119
(http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0351.html). The
ATS-404 is $99
(http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/2181.html).

At Grove, I see the ATS-909 for $259
(http://www.grove-ent.com/RCV8.html), the ATS 808A for $109
(http://www.grove-ent.com/RCV13.html), and the ATS 404 for $59
(http://www.grove-ent.com/RCV6.html).

So, it looks like Right Perspective is in the ball park on the ATS909,
and high on the other two by, worst case, double. So, it looks like
you're right (although it's not 2.5x) on some models. Perhaps they
would like to comment about the prices on the 808A and the 404?
Perhaps their web page needs updating?

======CORRECT EMAIL: remove the xyz======================================
| Jeff....@gscxyz.gte.com) | GTE Electronic Systems Division |
| 650-966-2122 | Mountain View, CA U.S.A. |
| All opinions are mine and not my employer or internet access provider. |

Dan Lewis

Jun 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/24/99
mad_m...@my-deja.com wrote:

> In Loving Memory
> Of what WBCQ could have been,
> Here is one of Randi Steele's favorite songs,

> One
> The only way is one
> I feel angry I feel helpless
> Want to change the world
> I feel violent I feel alone
> Don't try and change my mind

In other words,

Be alone
Be angry but do nothing about your anger
Sit and wish
Plot your revenge
And assert your rightness until people get sick of hearing it.

What a way to live.

Jim

Jun 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/24/99
spunky, why did you spell god as "g.d" ? is that a typo or does it mean
something? im just curious.

Spunky The Waffle Iron

Jun 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/24/99
He says not to say his name in vain.
Actually, his name isn't even that but that is what we say when we speak of him so I
indicate without spelling his reference.
It's a symbol of respect.

Tom Welch

Jun 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/24/99
Jeff:

The ATS 909 is available from Communications Electronics Inc.
http://www.usascan.com for $209 USD. The ATS 404 sells for
$59 @ Grove Electronics (http://www.grove-rnt.com), and the price
for the ATS 808A is somewhere between $89 and $99, not $229.

Rec.radio.shortwave ng folks are just too smart for this bullshit.
As they say, it pays to shop around.

TRP will not make any money on this ng.

Tom Welch, Online Editor
WWW.MONEYWORDS.COM -> IT Business Skills Builder
tomw...@swbell.net

Kurt Lochner

Jun 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/24/99
Tom Welch wrote:

> Re: Slick Willie:
>
> My favorite slick willies are the right wing loonies, such as
> The Right Perspective folks, selling Sangean shortwave radios
> on this newsgroup at two and a half times what you can buy the same
> radio at Universal, CCrane, Grove, Communications Electronics
> and so on.

I was wondering if it was just me that thought they were phonies..

> And these guys call themselves Christians. What a motherfucking joke!

--And the joke is on them, fucking hypocrites..