WYNY NYC Rumors

HumanZ100

Nov 29, 1994, 12:44:50 AM11/29/94

Rumors persist that country WYNY-103 FM in New York City will soon switch
to a dance format. A new morning team has been hired according to R&R.
This move would fragment Hot 97, and possibly beat WQHT's new LMA - 98.7
Kiss/WRKS to a similar move. Any thoughts on these strategies?

Also in NYC radio news; Welcome to our new weekend board-op Tricia Thomas,
(from WFAS, also formerly middays at Z100 Portland) and Congrats to Heidi
Hess, moving to mornings @ Q101 in Chicago. She was in middays at
crosstown Q104. I met her at a concert, she was friendly, and major fine
looking.
<libido off>.
Human Numan/WHTZ

Homer Fink

Nov 30, 1994, 7:24:16 PM11/30/94
In article <3bhhvd$9...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>, and...@delphi.com writes:

>Hess, moving to mornings @ Q101 in Chicago. She was in middays at
>crosstown Q104. I met her at a concert, she was friendly, and major fine
>looking.

> PD Vinny Marino must be having a stroke on this one; Hess was one of his
>building blocks (I mean, let's face it--Q 104 is actually giving the
other
>rockers a reason for sleepless nites) and here she goes running off to
Chicago. >Let's hope he can recoup.

Vinny isn't the PD of Q104. Bet the house on a MAJOR player in hard rock
radio to get that gig OR the station goes alt and gives Human a run for
his money.

MikeRadio

Dec 3, 1994, 8:02:08 PM12/3/94
In article <3bef4i$n...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>, huma...@aol.com (HumanZ100)
writes:

Wow... let's see...

quote " Rumors persist that country WYNY-103 FM in New York City will soon

switch
to a dance format. A new morning team has been hired according to R&R.
This move would fragment Hot 97, and possibly beat WQHT's new LMA - 98.7
Kiss/WRKS to a similar move."

Human....

These rumors about WYNY have been going on for a LONG time... it would be
nice if they went Dance don;t you all think.... However, when is it going
to happen!!!

This move would fragment HOT 97.... obviously you don;t listen to HOT 97
very much, because we don;t play ANY dance product anymore, nor do we
cater to that audience.. that audience is either floating, or maybe
picking up some old disco on PLJ.... Not our audience since hip-hop a year
ago, so don;t think that would have any affect.

And as far as thios LMA as you put it, it is a sale actually not an LMA...
Let it be known we have no plans to make KISS a dance station, not in a
million years... Someone please show me a dance station left ANYWHERE in
this country doing successfuly... We changed HOT 97 FROM a dance station
a year ago.. so don;t expect to see that happen on KISS, whatever YNY does
we won;t be affected.. we have our own universe... just like Z-100.

Mike
QHT