WKTU....New York

AaronB67

Feb 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/10/96

It is official apparently WYNY is now officially WKTU, brninging back the
legnedary call letters used by the predecessor to WXRK ...the formta
aparently will be dance...havent heard who the PD or any airstaff may
be...

Benjamin Kurtz

Feb 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/11/96

rumor at the Gavin here in Atlanta is that Frankie Blue, former MD at Z100
will get the nod for PD at WKTU. As an aside, Blue got his start as a
phone jammer at Z100...inspirational for those aspiring management types
out there (or at least for me.)

take care,
benji kurtz
wsb atlanta

Johnny Donovan WABC-NY

Feb 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/14/96

Every time I hear the call letters WKTU I think of *92*-WKTU

I wonder if there will be any confusion among the old WKTU
listeners?

WKTU as it is now is so bland that it will have a hard
time getting a 2 share. They are not not well focused at all.
Try to describe the format in one sentence.

TonySant66

Feb 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/17/96
One sentence? Okay.........

"A FORMAT WITH A LOT OF POTENTIAL."

This station is the best thing that has happened to NYC. People who
criticize it are either not knowledgeable in dance or still feel upset
about 'YNY dropping country. (And rightfully you should but now take
anger into action!)

Tony Santiago