texture on my inkjet photo prints

gyps...@yahoo.com

Oct 9, 2005, 1:27:13 PM10/9/05
Recently, my Canon S820 photo inkjet printer started print the color
green with a interesting texture (actually not so interesting, because
I want to get rid of it). Instead of printing silky smooth green, I get
a texture shown in the attached pictures. It almost looks like ink clot
. . . does anyone have any idea what's causing this problem?

Attached Picture:
http://www.camerahacker.com/Forums/DisplayComments.php?file=Print/half-tone_texture_on_my_inkjet_printer..html

Chieh

Marvin

Oct 9, 2005, 2:51:06 PM10/9/05
Probably clogged orifices in the printhead. Check the owner's manual for the cleaning method.
Message has been deleted

gyps...@yahoo.com

Oct 10, 2005, 1:32:09 PM10/10/05
Thanks, I thought the same. So I have tried a variety of papers . . .
Kodak, Fuji, Office Depot, Staples . . . etc . . . They all have
different degrees of texture . . . I guess maybe I should pick up some
Canon papers and try it out.

The funny things is that the texture didn't start occurring till
recently . . . And these are all the same papers that I have used
before . . .

Chieh
--
Hacking Digital Cameras -
http://www.camerahacker.com/books/Hacking_Digital_Cameras/

Arthur Entlich

Oct 12, 2005, 4:33:44 AM10/12/05
Chieh,

I see a few problems with your sample. One, there is some banding
occurring, probably indicating partially clogged or dirty head.

The second problem is probably as mentioned incompatible paper type.
The paper and ink technologies often need to work together. Some papers
just are not designed for the type of ink used. If it is a paper you
normally don't have problems with, it still could be a bad batch.

Or you may be applying too much ink for that paper to handle, causing a
type of reticulated look, as the ink pools.

Art

JamesM wrote:

> I had a similar problem with my Canon S900 printer after buying some
> cheap photo paper at Sam's Club. Instead of the ink soaking into the
> paper, it's pooling and not drying fast enough. Luckily, I knew it
> wasn't the printer since I had already printed a lot of pictures on
> other paper. If you haven't tried it yet, I would try a better brand
> of paper.

Arthur Entlich

Oct 12, 2005, 4:43:04 AM10/12/05
hmmm... did you make any driver changes or are you using a different
setting for the dithering pattern? It almost looks like you are using a
screen setting rather than a dithering pattern for printing, might be a
setting in the driver you changed?.

Art