Re: Photography Experts Wanted - Well those that like to write :)

Message has been deleted

Charlie Self

Apr 11, 2005, 7:55:15 AM4/11/05

Kevin K wrote:
> Like to write? why not write about what you love. I would love to
> publish your article so hundreds can read it. You can submit your
free
> article here http://www.bargainfindsonebay.com/news.html#anchor_20

You want me, and others, to work for nothing so you can sell more ads?
Sorry, son. I get a minimum of half a buck a word with a strong
preference for a buck.

Derek Fountain

Apr 11, 2005, 9:38:55 AM4/11/05
Kevin K wrote:

> Like to write? why not write about what you love. I would love to
> publish your article so hundreds can read it. You can submit your free
> article here http://www.bargainfindsonebay.com/news.html#anchor_20

My *free* article?! You mean really free? Like, I don't have to pay you
*anything* to publish my work? How can I resist?

Rather easily as it turns out.

You clearly took the group's criticism of your website seriously and are
looking to get more interesting content. Shame you still haven't figured
out the important bit: *you* need to do some hard work in order to build a
website that will pay you wages.

--
The email address used to post is a spam pit. Contact me at
http://www.derekfountain.org : <a

Message has been deleted

Charlie Self

Apr 11, 2005, 12:57:15 PM4/11/05

Little Kevie didn't like my comment about wanting to get paid for my
work. I guess he thinks that the world owes him something, because he
emailed to inform me I was self loathing (for wanting money for work?),
and would eventually serve him.

Cheerful tyke, if pitiful.

Oh, Kev, baby: it's "those who like to write" not "those that like to
write" unless you're hiring dogs or cats at your slightly substandard
wages.

clu...@lycos.com

Apr 11, 2005, 3:16:28 PM4/11/05
"Charlie Self" <charl...@aol.com> wrote:

Do you think he will send you 17 bucks for the response ;)

Btw, I bought your "Cabinets and Counter Tops books" a few years ago.

I think he is hoping to find those people that will do for free what
you can't pay them to do. Generally that describes acts of charity so
I think he is out of luck.

Did you get into photography to be able to illustrate your writing
efforts?

Wes

--
Reply to:
Whiskey Echo Sierra Sierra AT Alpha Charlie Echo Golf Romeo Oscar Paul dot Charlie Charlie

Message has been deleted

Steve

Apr 11, 2005, 4:22:33 PM4/11/05

Charlie Self wrote:

> You want me, and others, to work for nothing so you can sell more ads?
> Sorry, son. I get a minimum of half a buck a word

You selfish bastard. He wasn't asking for your best work or even your second best
work. The pay he offers is indicative of the quality he seeks, and he clearly doesn't
have enough of it to choose from. If everybody here was kind enough to send him half
a dozen articles, he'd have plenty to choose from. In fact, I'm guessing it would be
more than he hoped for.

--
Steve

belief that it was intended as a statement of fact.

If you want a reply to reach me, remove the SPAMTRAP from the address.

Hannah

Apr 11, 2005, 4:54:48 PM4/11/05

"Kevin K" <in...@bargainfindsonebay.com> wrote in message

> publish your article so hundreds can read it. You can submit your free
> article

Submit my free article? Gee, wow, you mean I don't have to pay you???
How marvellous. What a novel idea.
H.

Charlie Self

Apr 11, 2005, 5:21:34 PM4/11/05

clu...@lycos.com wrote:
> "Charlie Self" <charl...@aol.com> wrote:
>

> >Kevin K wrote:
> >> Like to write? why not write about what you love. I would love to
> >> publish your article so hundreds can read it. You can submit your
> >free
> >> article here http://www.bargainfindsonebay.com/news.html#anchor_20
> >
> >You want me, and others, to work for nothing so you can sell more
> >Sorry, son. I get a minimum of half a buck a word with a strong
> >preference for a buck.
>
> Do you think he will send you 17 bucks for the response ;)
>
> Btw, I bought your "Cabinets and Counter Tops books" a few years ago.
>
> I think he is hoping to find those people that will do for free what
> you can't pay them to do. Generally that describes acts of charity
so
> I think he is out of luck.
>
> Did you get into photography to be able to illustrate your writing
> efforts?
>
> Wes

Primarily. At the time I was writing mostly about motorcycles and the
entry of motocross into the U.S. A helluva long time ago. I haven't
written anything much about motorcycles in 25 years!

Big Bill

Apr 11, 2005, 10:15:11 PM4/11/05
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:22:33 GMT, Steve <SPAMTRAP...@hvc.rr.com>
wrote:

>Charlie Self wrote:
>
>> You want me, and others, to work for nothing so you can sell more ads?
>> Sorry, son. I get a minimum of half a buck a word
>
>You selfish bastard. He wasn't asking for your best work or even your second best
>work. The pay he offers is indicative of the quality he seeks, and he clearly doesn't
>have enough of it to choose from. If everybody here was kind enough to send him half
>a dozen articles, he'd have plenty to choose from. In fact, I'm guessing it would be
>more than he hoped for.

It would certainly be more than he deserved.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

Big Bill

Apr 11, 2005, 10:18:58 PM4/11/05
On 11 Apr 2005 12:06:30 -0700, "Kevin K" <in...@bargainfindsonebay.com>
wrote:

>Please derek can you stop spamming my posts with your link your pr 3
>site with 0 traffic might group my site into a bottom feeder like yours
>thanks.

I'd really be nterested in hearing how you think he spammed your post.
Could you explain the mechanics of this?

Steve

Apr 13, 2005, 12:55:30 AM4/13/05

Big Bill wrote:

> It would certainly be more than he deserved.

Only if we submit good stuff.