What a GOOD dog

nichy

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share with you all what a great dog I have ...

I was in the kitchen preparing lunch today, when Oscar, my male boxer, came
running into me with a very worried look on his face. (That's the good thing
about boxers, they have great expressions). He looked at me, at the door,
back at me, for me to follow him. So I did. I followed him through the house
and into the yard where I saw my female boxer pup, Nelly, lying in her
kennel. She had been sick (from both ends, if you know what I mean) and was
feeling too weak to stand up. Oscar, being a good big brother, alerted me to
her illness.

What a GOOD dog.

Oh, by the way, Nelly is OK. Seems she ate a bee or something similar and
had an allergic reaction. The vet gave me some stuff to give to her and she
is much better now.

psu...@nospam.com

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
One time my eskie came in barking to alert me to the fact that the sneaky evil
bc mix had escaped the yard. They say no one likes a tattle tale, but he was
being a very good dog!

Mickey W

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
What a good dog....you know there will never be another dog like Lassie though.
Lassie could run up to Timmy and bark one time....Timmy would say..."What's that
Lassie?" "You say Granpa was plowing over in the south forty, and the tractor
turned over on him, and broke his leg, and you have already applied a splint and
want me to get a hold of ole "Doc?" " <pat on head> "Good dog Lassie".

psu...@nospam.com wrote:

-----------------------------
"Happiness is a warm Puppy!"
Mickey W
Email mic...@mindspring.com

Theresa Usenet's Sweetheart

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
In article <3986d6d3...@news.mindspring.com>,

mic...@mindspring.com wrote:
> What a good dog....you know there will never be another dog like
> Lassie though. Lassie could run up to Timmy and bark one time....Timmy
> would say..."What's that Lassie?" "You say Granpa was plowing over in
> the south forty, and the tractor turned over on him, and broke his
> leg, and you have already applied a splint and want me to get a hold
> of ole "Doc?" " <pat on head> "Good dog Lassie".

That's kind of a running gag at our house. Whenever there are
particularly tasty leftovers, Harlan can be very funny. He doesn't
counter surf or anything. Instead, he likes to stand right by you and
stare urgently. Maybe give you a "hrmph" or two if you pretend to
ignore him. He makes very funny "I'm trying to tell you something
IMPORTANT" faces.

Our response is always to say, "What is it, boy? Did Timmy fall down the
well? Lead the way!" And then we let him lead us to the kitchen. A silly
game, but now one of our little rituals.

--Terri & Harlan

--
And if they tried this crap in person I'd have been
long gone by now or driven a fork into each of their forheads.

--Canis "Stick a Fork In It And Call It Done" 55 5/26/00

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Jerry Howe

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
Hello psychyoclown,

Do you suppose Timmy jerked and choked his dog on a pronged choke
collar?? j;~}

"Theresa Usenet's Sweetheart Willis" <tdwi...@earthlink.net> wrote
in message news:8m6phb$ub6$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

Chris Williams

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
Now that _is a good dog!
My not-so-good dog acts from impure motives. When we're going out to
adventure, Mac and Pip run to the door. Granny is usuallly off in a
remote spot snoozing. Mac began by hunting her up for me, but now he
paws at her to get her up and moving.
Impatience, not kindness, is at work.

MaryBeth

Aug 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/2/00

"Theresa Usenet's Sweetheart Willis" <tdwi...@earthlink.net> wrote in
message

> That's kind of a running gag at our house. Whenever there are

> particularly tasty leftovers, Harlan can be very funny. He doesn't
> counter surf or anything. Instead, he likes to stand right by you and
> stare urgently. Maybe give you a "hrmph" or two if you pretend to
> ignore him. He makes very funny "I'm trying to tell you something
> IMPORTANT" faces.
>
> Our response is always to say, "What is it, boy? Did Timmy fall down the
> well? Lead the way!" And then we let him lead us to the kitchen. A silly
> game, but now one of our little rituals.

Hehehehe The *important face*, we know that one well. :)
Rudy is the MASTER, of that one. The LOOK. And yes, he'll take you to
the treat or whatever he is looking for.

Of course, then we have goofy Zack, now 3, a black mix, of who knows
what. Was kept outside his first two years, and abused. Came to us at almost
2, and still hasn't gotten over the bare floors.....when HE decides it suits
him, usually.
Tho, lately we've been having this thing with him going into a room,
(most all have hardwood floors), and getting TO a throw rug. No problem
getting on one. Then about 10 minutes later we hear this really high pitched
whiney noise. He's stuck. <G>
We liken it to the games we played as kids, hiding up on the couch
pretending there were alligators or sharks in the 'water' all around us. :)
We can call "Zack, c'mon." over and over. It isn't until we call out,
"It's okay Gilligan, you can come off the island now!!", that he'll even
think about leaving it. Talk about games.....tooooo much. I can't even get
him to come off, if I'm standing right there with him. It has to be the
'magic' Gilligan words. <BG>

MaryBeth

Jerry Howe

Aug 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/2/00
Hello marybeth,

I've enjoyed your thread about FUN STORIES...

"MaryBeth" <marb...@home.com> wrote in message

> Hehehehe The *important face*, we know that one well. :)
> Rudy is the MASTER, of that one. The LOOK. And yes, he'll take
you to
> the treat or whatever he is looking for.

Is that what he does when one of your dogs is ready to relieve
itself? You go watch him eat the other dog's poo before it even hits
the ground... That's ENTERTAINMENT for you...

> MaryBeth

Of course, coprophagia is easy to solve using my methods. But, you
are content to let your dogs eat fresh hot poo... Bye!

You can get all the information you need to properly handle and train
your dog using non force, non confrontational, scientific and
psychological behavior modification and conditioning techniques,
from the Wits' End Dog Training Method manual available for free at
http://www.doggydoright.com

BEWARE the forgeries to confuse you and the warnings offered to you
from our rpdb Gang Of Thugs regarding killfiling my posts and the
Wits' End Dog Training Method manual. These people are frantic at the
thought
of not having anymore EXCUSE for being able to jerk and choke dogs on
pronged, choke, and electronic shock collars.

You cannot trust your dog's well being to people who tell you to
killfile my advice... and tell you to punish, confine, and confront
your dog's behavior problems. Our Gang Of Thugs are easily
identifiable
by their warnings about my posts, and their killfile instructions to
prevent me from EXPOSING THEM as the vicious, abusive, cretins
they are, AND WANT YOU TO BE, so they don't look out of sorts.

"Thus we should beware of clinging to vulgar opinions, and
judge things by reason's way, not by popular say." Montaigne

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." Salvor Hardin

"If you cannot convince them, confuse them." H.S. Truman.

DRAINING THE SWAMP, AND RELOCATING THE GATORS... j;~)

"CUSTOM WILL RECONCILE PEOPLE TO ANY ATROCITY." G.B. Shaw.

"I know that most men, including those at ease with problems
of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the
simplest and most obvious truth if it would oblige them to
admit the falsity of conclusions which they have delighted in
explaining to colleagues, proudly taught to others, and which
they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabric of their
lives."
Leo Tolstoy

Is it any wonder that the following sig file has generated more
complaints to my personal email than any other controversial
post I have made to date, bar none?:

caveat
If you have to do things to your dog to train him, that you would
rather not have to do, then you shouldn't be doing them. If you
have a dog trainer that tells you to jerk your dog around, choke
him, pinch his ears, or twist his toes, shock, shake, slap, scold,
hit, or punish him in any manner, that corrections are
appropriate, that the dog won't think of you as the punisher,
or that corrections are not harmful, or if they can't train your
dog to do what you want, look for a trainer that knows Howe.

Sincerely,
Jerry Howe,
Wits' End Dog Training
Witse...@aol.com
http://www.doggydoright.com
Nature, to be mastered, must be obeyed.
-Francis Bacon-

There are terrible people who, instead of solving a problem,
bungle it and make it more difficult for all who come after. Who
ever can't hit the nail on the head should, please, not hit at all.
-Nietzsche-

The abilities to think, rationalize and solve problems are learned
qualities.

The Wits' End Dog Training Method challenges the learning
centers in the dogs brain. These centers, once challenged,
develop and continue to grow exponentially, to make him smarter.

The Wits' End Dog Training method capitalizes on praising split
seconds of canine thought, strategy, and timing, not mindless
hours of forced repetition, constant corrections, and scolding.
-Jerry Howe-

David/Nancy Fudge

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00

nichy <rke...@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

> Hi all,
>
> Just thought I'd share with you all what a great dog I have ...
>
> I was in the kitchen preparing lunch today, when Oscar, my male boxer,
came
> running into me with a very worried look on his face. (That's the good
thing
> about boxers, they have great expressions). He looked at me, at the door,
> back at me, for me to follow him. So I did. I followed him through the
house
> and into the yard where I saw my female boxer pup, Nelly, lying in her
> kennel. She had been sick (from both ends, if you know what I mean) and
was
> feeling too weak to stand up. Oscar, being a good big brother, alerted me
> her illness.
>
> What a GOOD dog.
>
> Oh, by the way, Nelly is OK. Seems she ate a bee or something similar and
> had an allergic reaction. The vet gave me some stuff to give to her and
she
> is much better now.
What a great story!!!
Nancy