Cat women turn me off

1 vue

clifff...@yahoo.com

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 11:24:1615/01/2005
I just saw a little news blip about how women are
attracted to "cat guys" (guys who like/love cats and
have them as pets). I thought I'd drop in and comment.

First of all, I'm a guy who loves babies (most of 'em
anyway; I ain't too crazy about bratty, ugly ones), puppies...
and cute things in general; far more than most men, I think.
So don't peg me as a cold type person. But cats....I don't hate
them like some people do, and some of them are kind of cute,
but, I mean, who could really be attracted to something that
considers a big, filthy rat filet mignon?

When I was single, one of the big things that would immediately
be a mark against a possible mate would be if she started talking
about "my cats" <shudder>. Cat women sometimes even have cat-like
mannerisms, and they let their cats jump onto their kitchen counters
and everywhere else, dropping cat hairs into the food they and
their guests eat <yuck>. Dogs are smarter and sweeter, and they
don't act creepy. You may now return to regular programming.

--
Cliff

Cat Protector

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 11:42:0715/01/2005
First of all you are dillusional. Most women that I have met out there are
dog lovers. I am not a big fan of dogs. They slobber and are too obedient.
Cats on the other hand are beautiful, independent, and intelligent. I have
to wonder why that if you hate cats so much you'd post to a newsgroup for
cat lovers other than to troll and draw attention to yourself.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

<clifff...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

zuz...@webtv.net

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 11:43:3615/01/2005
>But cats....I don't hate them like some
>people do, and some of them are kind of
>cute, but, I mean, who could really be
>attracted to something that considers a
>big, filthy rat filet mignon?

Ummmmm...dogs look at a rat as filet mignon too. In fact there are a lot
of nasty things dogs will eat that cats will turn their noses up at.
I've never seen a cat eat it's own shit from the backyard, or raid the
litterbox and eat cat poop. This is a common behavior of dogs, who then
make a point of finding you and licking your face. Dogs also are prone
to rolling around in nasty things (I know one who never fails to roll
around on dead fish he finds when he's at a lake.) Cat's don't do that.

I think that next time you may want to think this subject out a little
more before you post and guarantee you look silly.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

BudGan

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 12:02:3615/01/2005
Troll O Meter

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
| | | | | | | | | | |
^

catlvr

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 12:34:4215/01/2005
I thought I would briefly enter this pi**ing contest ... not sure why
you are posting here, Cliff. I personally think *many* people who
prefer dogs are insecure and need an animal that they can control, or
need to have a ferocious-looking animal with them to make up for their
own shortcomings. (Do you drive a big, noisy, pickup truck, by any
chance?) "Cat people" as you call them, have enough confidence to care
for an animal who is independent and highly intelligent, and who
doesn't immediately come slobbering and whining to you when called. Who
wants to walk behind their animal picking up steamy piles of poop in
public? God, that's gross. I don't hate dogs; don't get me wrong - some
are very sweet, but I would never own one. And I would never date a guy
who owns one.

Cat Protector

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 13:25:4815/01/2005
I know I would never date a woman that has a dog. I like having cats as they
are independent, loving, intelligent, and have a fun nature.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"catlvr" <lmit...@eba.ca> wrote in message

Jo Firey

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 13:30:0815/01/2005
While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, hygiene is hardly an
argument for dogs and against cats. I love em both but know which one I'd
rather licked me in the face.

There is a reason the phrase in "you dirty dog" and not "you dirty cat"

Jo

<clifff...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Mary

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 14:10:5215/01/2005

<clifff...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Very cute, Cliffy.

Seanette Blaylock

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 15:14:0415/01/2005
"Cat Protector" <catpro...@cox.net> had some very interesting
things to say about Re: Cat women turn me off:

>First of all you are dillusional. Most women that I have met out there are
>dog lovers. I am not a big fan of dogs. They slobber and are too obedient.
>Cats on the other hand are beautiful, independent, and intelligent. I have
>to wonder why that if you hate cats so much you'd post to a newsgroup for
>cat lovers other than to troll and draw attention to yourself.

I agree that the OP is most likely a troll.

Personally, I like both dogs and cats.

Mary

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 15:18:1415/01/2005

> "Cat Protector" <catpro...@cox.net> had some very interesting
> things to say about Re: Cat women turn me off:
>
> >First of all you are dillusional. Most women that I have met out there
are
> >dog lovers.

:0)

Shiral

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 15:41:4015/01/2005
You're in way way way, the wrong place to display your hostility toward
cats and cat people, buddy. I love dogs too, but I can't have them
because of my apartment's rules. I find cats are excellent company, and
when was the last time you found a self-cleaning dog?

Melissa

OU812?

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 15:44:1915/01/2005
I love both cats and dogs for differing reasons, but i don't have a dog
because we live in apartments and i think its wrong to subject dogs to
that, esp. the breeds that I would be interested in having (ie big goofy
dogs) And, since *I* handle the cat cleanup duties, if we get a dog, it
will be hubby who does the poop duty, when he decides he's ready for
that, then we'll see :)

Kristy

Bill Stock

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 15:56:1315/01/2005

<clifff...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I just saw a little news blip about how women are
> attracted to "cat guys" (guys who like/love cats and
> have them as pets). I thought I'd drop in and comment.

LOL, never did much for me. I remember when I got the first cat, a woman I
knew said "You've got a Cat!". She hated cats. Then when I got the second
cat, my reputation was shot.

[Troll Snippage]

Slimpickins

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 15:59:4815/01/2005
** I probably should not reply to this post as I don't know what your point
of posting on specifically 'cats NG's, except* for the obvious reason to
troll bait. However, that said, I have to say that many 'dogs' turn me off.
Cats are very clean, low maintenance, independent and mysterious and often
beautiful, which is part of the reason some cats and kitten intrigue me so
much. But mannnny dogs smell plain awful IMO, and are equally loud, and can
be often aggressive if not socialized and many aren't. Trust me I've had too
many neighbors that let them run loose and/or kept them as yard oriments.

To each his own. But I wouldn't be so narrow minded as to say I'd never
date a guy that had a dog or dogs. I think you can tell a lot about a person
by how they treat/ love their animals, family, and friends. Nuff said.

ML

<clifff...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Seanette Blaylock

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 16:05:5815/01/2005
OU812? <suzyq...@yahoo.com> had some very interesting things to say

about Re: Cat women turn me off:

>I love both cats and dogs for differing reasons, but i don't have a dog

>because we live in apartments and i think its wrong to subject dogs to
>that, esp. the breeds that I would be interested in having (ie big goofy
>dogs) And, since *I* handle the cat cleanup duties, if we get a dog, it
>will be hubby who does the poop duty, when he decides he's ready for
>that, then we'll see :)

I agree with your preference for big dogs and with your reason for not
having one [same reason I don't].

Seanette Blaylock

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 16:06:2615/01/2005
"Bill Stock" <M...@Privacy.net> had some very interesting things to say

about Re: Cat women turn me off:

>>I just saw a little news blip about how women are

>> attracted to "cat guys" (guys who like/love cats and
>> have them as pets). I thought I'd drop in and comment.
>LOL, never did much for me. I remember when I got the first cat, a woman I
>knew said "You've got a Cat!". She hated cats. Then when I got the second
>cat, my reputation was shot.

My DH has a strong preference for cats over dogs.

Dave

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 16:26:5015/01/2005
In message <CJbGd.5328$sF5.2801@okepread06> "Cat Protector"
<catpro...@cox.net> wrote:

>First of all you are dillusional. Most women that I have met out there are
>dog lovers. I am not a big fan of dogs. They slobber and are too obedient.

Sounds like women love dogs for the same reason they like men...

Monique Y. Mudama

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 16:39:3915/01/2005
["Followup-To:" header set to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes.] On 2005-01-15,
catlvr penned:

> Who wants to walk behind their animal picking up steamy piles of poop
> in public? God, that's gross.

Yeah, there's a huge difference between picking up steamy piles of poop in
public, and doing so in the privacy of your own home!

.... er, what now?

I like some dogs and some cats. To be honest, though, an adult dog is more
likely to catch my attention than an adult cat. Kittens and puppies are, of
course, both so adorable that I can't resist either of them.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Christina Websell

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 16:46:2715/01/2005

<clifff...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Savoury macaroni with peas

cooking time: 15 mins

You will need for 4 servings: (or two hungry people!)

4 oz quick cooking elbow length macaroni
seasoning
medium size can tomatoes
4 oz shelled prawns or shrimps
shake of garlic salt

to garnish:
large packet frozen peas

1. Put the macaroni into 2 pints boiling salted water. Cook for 7 minutes
from the time the liquid comes to the boil: strain.
2. Meanwhile, heat the tomatoes with the prawns and seasoning; cook the
peas.
3. Tip the strained macaroni into the tomato mixture, toss together and
serve on a hot dish, bordered with cooked peas.

To vary: used diced ham instead of prawns.

This is from a cookery book I was given when I married in the late 70's
called "500 recipes for working wives." LOL.
It isn't very adventurous by today's standards, but it might be quite nice
to eat 70's food again just to see what was considered "up to the minute"
then.

Tweed

PawsForThought

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 17:11:1515/01/2005
>rom: Dave somecal...@gmail.com

> I am not a big fan of dogs. They slobber and are too obedient.
>
>Sounds like women love dogs for the same reason they like men...

LOL!
________
Declawing Info: http://www.wholecatjournal.com/articles/claws.htm

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 18:11:0115/01/2005

clifff...@yahoo.com wrote:

> I just saw a little news blip about how women are
> attracted to "cat guys" (guys who like/love cats and
> have them as pets). I thought I'd drop in and comment.

NOTE TO NEWSGROUP: Trollbecue time again?

> First of all, I'm a guy who loves babies (most of 'em
> anyway; I ain't too crazy about bratty, ugly ones), puppies...
> and cute things in general; far more than most men, I think.
> So don't peg me as a cold type person. But cats....I don't hate
> them like some people do, and some of them are kind of cute,
> but, I mean, who could really be attracted to something that
> considers a big, filthy rat filet mignon?

A cat would probably say "Don't knock it till you've tried
it", and I'm sure humans eat things cats find equally
repulsive. (Anyway, FYI cats seldom eat rats if there is
other prey avaiable - especially not the kind usually
described as "filthy", although California "tree" or "fruit"
rats are sometimes an exception.)

> When I was single, one of the big things that would immediately
> be a mark against a possible mate would be if she started talking
> about "my cats" <shudder>.

What makes you think you're such a prize any of them would
WANT you?

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 18:19:1315/01/2005

OU812? wrote:

> I love both cats and dogs for differing reasons, but i don't have a dog
> because we live in apartments and i think its wrong to subject dogs to
> that, esp. the breeds that I would be interested in having (ie big goofy
> dogs)

You and I seem to be of the same mind! I love dogs, but
have never had one, simply because my tastes run to breeds
like Rottweilers and Old English Sheep Dogs and Irish Wolf
Hounds - all of which, IMO, require a big yard with plenty
of space to run.

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 18:15:1515/01/2005

Seanette Blaylock wrote:

> "Cat Protector" <catpro...@cox.net> had some very interesting
> things to say about Re: Cat women turn me off:
>

>>First of all you are dillusional. Most women that I have met out there are
>>dog lovers. I am not a big fan of dogs. They slobber and are too obedient.
>>Cats on the other hand are beautiful, independent, and intelligent. I have
>>to wonder why that if you hate cats so much you'd post to a newsgroup for
>>cat lovers other than to troll and draw attention to yourself.
>

> I agree that the OP is most likely a troll.
>
> Personally, I like both dogs and cats.

As do many of us here - and other animals as well (even
human - at least sometimes).

Jo Firey

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 18:34:4715/01/2005

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" <evg...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

>> When I was single, one of the big things that would immediately
>> be a mark against a possible mate would be if she started talking
>> about "my cats" <shudder>.
>
> What makes you think you're such a prize any of them would WANT you?

Poor thing doesn't realize that the "turn off" is intentional on the women's
part. I'm guessing some of them don't even care much for cats, but anything
to dissuade a loser.

Jo

JBHajos

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 19:14:1315/01/2005
On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:06:26 -0800, Seanette Blaylock
<seanette.spam...@impulse.net> wrote:

>My DH has a strong preference for cats over dogs.

Oh, yes, lots of guys prefer cats. We've always had both dogs and
cats, and my son *adores* our cat, Hobo. He has even taken to
sleeping on the living-room couch to be near him in case he (Hobo) has
a diabetic episode during the night! When I volunteered to work with
the cats at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Utah last spring, he came
along to be my chauffeur and "bodyguard." He was a bit ho-hum about
the deal but pitched in to help. Didn't take him long to become
attached to *all* the kitties. We set aside a day to visit the Grand
Canyon (he'd never been west of the Mississippi) but as the day
approached, he decided to veto it -- it would take too much time away
from the cats!! Yup, turned down the Grand to work with the
kitties - a devoted "cat-man" there!

Jeanne

Connie

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 19:42:1015/01/2005
<<Old English Sheep Dogs >>

:-) Got one - wonderful dogs... hyper ;-)

Likes to herd my 5 cats - of course, they don't like that much....

Cat Protector

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 20:06:5915/01/2005
It is amazing when I meet a woman I'd want to ask out and when I tell her I
have cats she'll quickly say I have a dog and don't like cats. That usually
ends the conversation. It seems that the dateable women want no part of a
guy that loves cats. Apparently the women that have dogs like them because
they want something that is obedient, not that bright, and slobbers. I hope
I can find that one woman for me out there at some point which loves cats
like I do.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"Bill Stock" <M...@Privacy.net> wrote in message

Cat Protector

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 20:09:5115/01/2005
I love cats so much that with one of my cats we started and Internet radio
and TV station for them.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"JBHajos" <jbh...@earthlunk.not> wrote in message

KellyH

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 20:48:0315/01/2005
"Cat Protector" <catpro...@cox.net> wrote in message

> It is amazing when I meet a woman I'd want to ask out and when I tell her
> I have cats she'll quickly say I have a dog and don't like cats. That
> usually ends the conversation. It seems that the dateable women want no
> part of a guy that loves cats. Apparently the women that have dogs like
> them because they want something that is obedient, not that bright, and
> slobbers. I hope I can find that one woman for me out there at some point
> which loves cats like I do.

Volunteer at a shelter. Where I volunteer, there are about 50+ cat
volunteers, maybe 3 of them are men. Lots of cat women! My friend (female)
who is a feral TNR trapper, has about 10 cats in her house at all times, was
just complaining today how she will never find a man who will understand
about the cats. She is also gorgeous and manages to be perfectly made up at
all times, which I don't understand *how* she does it, out there trapping at
barns and stuff.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

-L.

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 22:21:5415/01/2005

Cat Protector wrote:
> It is amazing when I meet a woman I'd want to ask out and when I tell
her I
> have cats she'll quickly say I have a dog and don't like cats. That
usually
> ends the conversation.

Some of us like both.

>It seems that the dateable women want no part of a
> guy that loves cats.

hey! I used to be highly "dateable" - before DH, and I love cats!

>Apparently the women that have dogs like them because
> they want something that is obedient, not that bright, and slobbers.
I hope
> I can find that one woman for me out there at some point which loves
cats
> like I do.

Internet personals - Yahoo or match.com That's how I met DH. We wrote
each other for a couple months - sometimes 2-3 times per day, before we
agreed to meet in person. We didn't even exchange photos. Once we
met, we were together every day thereafter, and married a year and a
half later.

-L.

-L.

-L.

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 22:23:4215/01/2005

clifff...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I just saw a little news blip about how women are
> attracted to "cat guys" (guys who like/love cats and
> have them as pets). I thought I'd drop in and comment.
>
> First of all, I'm a guy who loves babies (most of 'em
> anyway; I ain't too crazy about bratty, ugly ones), puppies...
> and cute things in general; far more than most men, I think.
> So don't peg me as a cold type person. But cats....I don't hate
> them like some people do, and some of them are kind of cute,
> but, I mean, who could really be attracted to something that
> considers a big, filthy rat filet mignon?

You don't know cats very well. Cats are the most sensual animal on
earth.

> When I was single, one of the big things that would immediately
> be a mark against a possible mate would be if she started talking

> about "my cats" <shudder>. Cat women sometimes even have cat-like
> mannerisms, and they let their cats jump onto their kitchen counters
> and everywhere else, dropping cat hairs into the food they and
> their guests eat <yuck>. Dogs are smarter and sweeter, and they
> don't act creepy. You may now return to regular programming.
>
> --
> Cliff

So find yourself a dog-woman. Why tell us about your lack of
intelligence when it comes to cats? We don't care.

-L.

-L.

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 22:28:0315/01/2005

catlvr wrote:
> I thought I would briefly enter this pi**ing contest ... not sure why
> you are posting here, Cliff. I personally think *many* people who
> prefer dogs are insecure and need an animal that they can control, or
> need to have a ferocious-looking animal with them to make up for
their
> own shortcomings. (Do you drive a big, noisy, pickup truck, by any
> chance?) "Cat people" as you call them, have enough confidence to
care
> for an animal who is independent and highly intelligent, and who
> doesn't immediately come slobbering and whining to you when called.

LOL...you have never met my Basenji Mix, obviously!

> Who
> wants to walk behind their animal picking up steamy piles of poop in
> public? God, that's gross.

not any grosser than keeping a tray of cat shit in your house.

-L.
(Who has 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2snakes, 1 turtle and 40 goldfish. Want a
low-maintence pet? Get a snake.)

-L.

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 22:29:2915/01/2005

Shiral wrote:
<snip>

> when was the last time you found a self-cleaning dog?

Basenji.

-L.

Stormin Mormon

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 22:38:0015/01/2005
Now that you've attracted enough excitement here, I've got an assignment for
you. Go to Texas and walk into a bar on Friday night about 8 PM. Announce in
a loud voice "I really like most people, so don't peg me as cold. But I sure
hate gun toting men who drive trucks. Men who drive cars are sweeter, and
have a better disposition".

Let me know when you get out of the hospital. You may return to regularly
scheduled trolling.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

<clifff...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I just saw a little news blip about how women are
attracted to "cat guys" (guys who like/love cats and
have them as pets). I thought I'd drop in and comment.

First of all, I'm a guy who loves babies (most of 'em
anyway; I ain't too crazy about bratty, ugly ones), puppies...
and cute things in general; far more than most men, I think.
So don't peg me as a cold type person. But cats....I don't hate
them like some people do, and some of them are kind of cute,
but, I mean, who could really be attracted to something that
considers a big, filthy rat filet mignon?

When I was single, one of the big things that would immediately

Mary

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 22:58:4815/01/2005

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61-#spamblock*-@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Now that you've attracted enough excitement here, I've got an assignment
for
> you. Go to Texas and walk into a bar on Friday night about 8 PM. Announce
in
> a loud voice "I really like most people, so don't peg me as cold. But I
sure
> hate gun toting men who drive trucks. Men who drive cars are sweeter, and
> have a better disposition".
>
> Let me know when you get out of the hospital. You may return to regularly
> scheduled trolling.
>
> --

Hee.

Bill Stock

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 23:07:2915/01/2005

"-L." <usen...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

40 Goldfish! That's a pile of Goldfish. I gather you must have a pond or
several humongous aquariums?

If you guys think cats/dogs are poopers, you should see Goldfish. Definitely
not low maintenance.

catlvr

non lue,
15 janv. 2005, 23:12:5215/01/2005
I'm sure you will find someone. You sound like a wonderful person.

Phil P.

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 00:56:3016/01/2005

<clifff...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I just saw a little news blip about how women are
> attracted to "cat guys" (guys who like/love cats and
> have them as pets).

Its true. I've met more women in pet stores - without even trying - than I
used to meet in clubs when I was trying!

Phil
--
"Cats are a great warm-up to a successful marriage;
they teach you your place in the household".

Le message a été supprimé

CK

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 06:13:5516/01/2005

We had one when I was a kid. She was like a furry sister to my bro and
me. When she still was fairly young, almost a pup, she and the
neighbor's boxer (!) herded cows so well (without training, of course)
that the farmer's kids came to ask if they could borrow our dogs... :)

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com

CK

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 07:45:5516/01/2005

And they don't bark either, they "yodel". But otherwise as dogs go, I
prefer bigger ones.

Mary

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 08:17:4316/01/2005

"Nomen Nescio" <Use-Author-Supplied-Address-Header@[127.1]> wrote in message

> From: clifff...@yahoo.com
>
> >I just saw a little news blip about how women are
> >attracted to "cat guys" (guys who like/love cats and
> >have them as pets). I thought I'd drop in and comment.
>
> Back in the Dark Ages when I was dating, there was this girl that I
> had been trying to go out with for months. Natural blonde, smart, funny,
> beautiful, built like a brick sh..........but I digress.
> Anyway, she finally agreed to have dinner with me one Friday night and
> we ended up back at her apt. where it looked like I was going to get
> the "courtesy kiss" at the door and sent on my way. Then I noticed a cat
> watching us from her window. "We're being spied on", I said, pointing
> over at the window. "Oh, that's "Spice", he likes to think he's my
protector,
> you know, the man of the house. Do you like cats?" ..."Yea, I've always
> gotten along well with cats"...."I wouldn't have guessed that you liked
cats.
> Would you like to meet him." ...."Sure".
> So we walk in the door and "Spice" comes over to greet her. I kneel down
> and put my hand out to him. "Careful", she said, "he's a little uptight
about
> strangers". "Spice" walks over to my hand, sniffs it, backs off for a
second,
> comes back to sniff my hand again, lets me pet his head, then suddenly
> rolls on his back to get a belly rub. "Wow, he really likes you", she
said,
> "he never does that for anyone but me!" ...."I told you I got along well
with cats.
> He knows a nice guy when he sees one, (rubbing his belly) Don't you,
"Spice".
> (cat starts purring). "So do I", she said with a smile,.... "Would you
like a glass
> of wine?".
>
> True Story
> And the beginning of a relationship that lasted for a couple of years
until she
> was offered a great job in California.
>
> So, other than personal reminiscing, why did I tell this story?
> The next morning we were talking about her cats and relationships and
> she said something that seemed quite profound...
>
> "Guys that don't like pets are vain, self serving, and undependable.
> A man who likes cats isn't threatened by an independent, and intelligent,
> woman, and you can usually trust them."
>
> "What about a guy that prefers dogs", I asked
>
> "I think most of them would rather just buy a whore"! (laughing)

What a hoot!! Great story.

JBHajos

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 08:38:5016/01/2005
On 15 Jan 2005 19:28:03 -0800, "-L." <usen...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Want a
>low-maintence pet? Get a snake.)

I've got three!!! And I'll take a tray of cat poop to *their*
stink any day!!!

-L.

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 10:22:3716/01/2005

Not me - they only poop once a month!

-L.

-L.

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 10:25:3416/01/2005

Bill Stock wrote:
> 40 Goldfish! That's a pile of Goldfish. I gather you must have a
>pond or
> several humongous aquariums?
>
> If you guys think cats/dogs are poopers, you should see >Goldfish.
Definitely
> not low maintenance.

Goldfish = turtle food. They aren't around long enough to be a
maintenence problem. ;)

-L.

catlvr

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 13:11:3516/01/2005
lmao

Cat Protector

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 14:20:4316/01/2005
Thanks. I am sure I will. There are just a lot more women these days getting
dogs.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"catlvr" <lmit...@eba.ca> wrote in message

catlvr

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 16:02:1516/01/2005
A sign of the times.

Mary

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 16:37:5016/01/2005

<equalizer> wrote in message

> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 12:20:43 -0700, "Cat Protector"
> <catpro...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> >Thanks. I am sure I will. There are just a lot more women these days
getting
> >dogs.
>

> Bummer on the bestiality, dude!! Maybe you could try dressing up in a
> poodle costume before hitting the bar!
>
> eq

LOL!!

low five

lowwwwwww five , EQ!

Mary

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 16:37:1716/01/2005

> A sign of the times.

Nobody knows to whom you are replying, if that matters to you.

mlbriggs

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 17:21:2416/01/2005
On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 08:24:16 -0800, clifffreeling wrote:

> I just saw a little news blip about how women are
> attracted to "cat guys" (guys who like/love cats and
> have them as pets). I thought I'd drop in and comment.
>

> First of all, I'm a guy who loves babies (most of 'em
> anyway; I ain't too crazy about bratty, ugly ones), puppies...
> and cute things in general; far more than most men, I think.
> So don't peg me as a cold type person. But cats....I don't hate
> them like some people do, and some of them are kind of cute,
> but, I mean, who could really be attracted to something that
> considers a big, filthy rat filet mignon?
>
> When I was single, one of the big things that would immediately
> be a mark against a possible mate would be if she started talking
> about "my cats" <shudder>. Cat women sometimes even have cat-like
> mannerisms, and they let their cats jump onto their kitchen counters
> and everywhere else, dropping cat hairs into the food they and
> their guests eat <yuck>. Dogs are smarter and sweeter, and they
> don't act creepy. You may now return to regular programming.

There are a lot of cat women in this group, so why don't we do what he is
saying and turn him off?

Connie

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 19:14:4816/01/2005
> Nobody knows to whom you are replying, if that matters to you.

Um, yes we do... he was replying to Cat Protector... part of the thread that
shows up above his reply...

-L.

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 19:47:2416/01/2005

Nomen Nescio wrote:
<snip>

> "Guys that don't like pets are vain, self serving, and undependable.
> A man who likes cats isn't threatened by an independent, and
intelligent,
> woman, and you can usually trust them."
>
> "What about a guy that prefers dogs", I asked
>
> "I think most of them would rather just buy a whore"! (laughing)

ITA! LOL...

-L.

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 19:31:2916/01/2005

-L. wrote:

I suspect you're right! A friend had a Basenji-beagle mix.
Not only was Rascal highly intelligent, she seldom
required a bath. Another plus, they don't bark - just sort
of mutter instead. If a stranger came to the door, Rascal
might let out a single "woof" to call my friend's attention
to it, but never the hysteria you get from some dogs!

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 19:33:5416/01/2005

Bill Stock wrote:

> If you guys think cats/dogs are poopers, you should see Goldfish. Definitely
> not low maintenance.

Isn't that why God invented snails?

KellyH

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 19:58:2016/01/2005
"Connie" <imconcon*NOSPAM*@cableone.net> wrote in message

> Um, yes we do... he was replying to Cat Protector... part of the thread
> that shows up above his reply...

I didn't know. I have my preferences set to not show read messages, so I
don't have to wade through all the old stuff to get to the new stuff. When
someone doesn't quote at least a portion of the text, I have to go back and
show old messages just to see who this person was replying to. When it's a
really long thread, it's still hard to see to which post he was replying.
Very annoying.
--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net
"Wake up, and smell the cat food" -TMBG

Howard Berkowitz

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 20:00:1716/01/2005
In article <1105922844.1...@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
"-L." <usen...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I'm not sure where to regard myself in some of this, because my cats
have most commonly been of the cog or dat variety -- certainly cat
clothing and grooming, but with the bonding and playfulness of dogs.
Clifford (RB) was partially raised by a Brittany Spaniel, and Chatterley
(RB) never forgave him for learning to chase cats. He also howled at the
moon (well, round light fixture).

Both Clifford and Mr. Clark herd me to bed. Mr. Clark also keeps track
of the younger cats, and, if anyone has mastered herding cats, he has.

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 19:44:4316/01/2005

Mary wrote:

Or to what! Go to "preferences" in your browser (I think
you have to be in "reply" mode). Then select "composition",
and when that window comes up, be sure that in the section
marked "Forwarding and replying" the box is checked that
says "Automatically quote the original message when
replying".

Cathy Friedmann

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 20:18:4016/01/2005

"Connie" <imconcon*NOSPAM*@cableone.net> wrote in message

Um, no it doesn't, if one has the "View" set to show only unread/new posts.
Absolutely no context.

Cathy

Tanada

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 21:35:0116/01/2005
Jo Firey wrote:
> "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" <evg...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

>>>When I was single, one of the big things that would immediately
>>>be a mark against a possible mate would be if she started talking
>>>about "my cats" <shudder>.
>>
>>What makes you think you're such a prize any of them would WANT you?
>>

> Poor thing doesn't realize that the "turn off" is intentional on the women's
> part. I'm guessing some of them don't even care much for cats, but anything
> to dissuade a loser.
>
> Jo

Especially if they didn't have any cat fur on them.

Pam S.

Sherry

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 22:52:3516/01/2005

>> Nobody knows to whom you are replying, if that matters to you.
>

>Um, yes we do... he was replying to Cat Protector... part of the thread that
>shows up above his reply...

Actually, I had no idea either. My newsreader isn't showing threads in proper
sequence. It's not a hard thing to paste a couple lines of copy that you're
replying to. It really helps avoid confusion about what you're talking about.

Sherry

Mary

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 23:22:0416/01/2005

"Connie" <imconcon*NOSPAM*@cableone.net> wrote in message

He included no part of the thread he was replying to. You must be highly
intuitive. Good for you.

Mary

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 23:24:2816/01/2005

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" <evg...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Ahh! A voice in the wilderness!

Mary

non lue,
16 janv. 2005, 23:25:4616/01/2005

"KellyH" <Ke...@farringtons.net> wrote in message

> "Connie" <imconcon*NOSPAM*@cableone.net> wrote in message
> > Um, yes we do... he was replying to Cat Protector... part of the thread
> > that shows up above his reply...
>
> I didn't know. I have my preferences set to not show read messages, so I
> don't have to wade through all the old stuff to get to the new stuff.
When
> someone doesn't quote at least a portion of the text, I have to go back
and
> show old messages just to see who this person was replying to. When it's
> really long thread, it's still hard to see to which post he was replying.
> Very annoying.
> --

Another thing is, I have my posts ordered by latest post, not
by thread, if you see what I mean. I imagine those who have them
arranged by thread may go back and read the prior post--but that
would be a pain.

Paul M. Cook

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 04:04:5117/01/2005

<clifff...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I just saw a little news blip about how women are
> attracted to "cat guys" (guys who like/love cats and
> have them as pets). I thought I'd drop in and comment.
>
> First of all, I'm a guy who loves babies (most of 'em
> anyway; I ain't too crazy about bratty, ugly ones), puppies...
> and cute things in general; far more than most men, I think.
> So don't peg me as a cold type person. But cats....I don't hate
> them like some people do, and some of them are kind of cute,
> but, I mean, who could really be attracted to something that
> considers a big, filthy rat filet mignon?

Dogs eat there own shit. Dogs eat other dog's shit. So do a lot of kids -
well there own shit and dog shit and even cat shit. You find that
attractive? Ever had a dog lick your face? Do you know where that tongue
has been? Kids projectile vomit all over your lovely clean walls. You find
that cute?

> When I was single, one of the big things that would immediately
> be a mark against a possible mate would be if she started talking

> about "my cats" <shudder>. Cat women sometimes even have cat-like
> mannerisms, and they let their cats jump onto their kitchen counters
> and everywhere else, dropping cat hairs into the food they and
> their guests eat <yuck>. Dogs are smarter and sweeter, and they
> don't act creepy. You may now return to regular programming.

Dogs roll in their own shit and then come inside and roll on your carpet,
your couch and you. Cats don't do that. Cats are incredibly neat and clean
animals.

Paul

-L.

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 10:26:4117/01/2005

KellyH wrote:
> I didn't know. I have my preferences set to not show read messages,
so I
> don't have to wade through all the old stuff to get to the new stuff.
When
> someone doesn't quote at least a portion of the text, I have to go
back and
> show old messages just to see who this person was replying to. When
it's a
> really long thread, it's still hard to see to which post he was
replying.
> Very annoying.
> --
> -Kelly
> kelly at farringtons dot net
> "Wake up, and smell the cat food" -TMBG

Do you have the oprion of showing the heirachy in a subwindow? With
the new Google it has messed up a bunch of newsreaders so that
sometimes people can't quote text.

-L.

-L.

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 10:29:4617/01/2005

I have a Basenji mix - purebred basenji will clean themselves
like a cat - mine does also. I am forever having trouble with her
ingesting too much hair. But she does need a bath regularly - whatever
she is mixed with is El Stinko. She doesn't bark when she hunts - in
fact, most of the time she is completely silent. She will bark at
intruders, though - not a bad dog, at all, but highly independent -
much more so than a cat. Not a dog that likes to cuddle.

-L.

-L.

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 10:33:2317/01/2005

Howard Berkowitz wrote:
> I'm not sure where to regard myself in some of this, because my cats
> have most commonly been of the cog or dat variety -- certainly cat
> clothing and grooming, but with the bonding and playfulness of dogs.

> Clifford (RB) was partially raised by a Brittany Spaniel, and
Chatterley
> (RB) never forgave him for learning to chase cats. He also howled at
the
> moon (well, round light fixture).
>
> Both Clifford and Mr. Clark herd me to bed. Mr. Clark also keeps
track
> of the younger cats, and, if anyone has mastered herding cats, he
has.

I think the problem is guys who hate cats, or don't like cats. I'd
never trust one.

I have a Border Collie mix that herds things too - including me. Can
be very annoying! We clal her "Old Granny" because she wobbles around
the house barking at everybody. ;)

-L.

KellyH

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 10:53:0517/01/2005

> Do you have the oprion of showing the heirachy in a subwindow? With
> the new Google it has messed up a bunch of newsreaders so that
> sometimes people can't quote text.
>
> -L.

I was looking for an option like that, but I couldn't find one. I'm using
Outlook Express. I know Google has messed things up a bit. I'm guessing
Google is trying to save space by not showing quoted text.

Mary

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 14:22:2817/01/2005

"Paul M. Cook" <pmc...@gte.net> wrote in message

I just wanted to add that I have seen dogs treat cat boxes like the
a buffet. :)

Mary

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 14:30:5517/01/2005

"-L." <usen...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Why would anyone post through Google?

catlvr

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 14:44:2617/01/2005
Some of us just aren't as intelligent, tactful, and empathetic as you
are, Mary.

Cathy Friedmann

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 14:41:1617/01/2005

"Mary" <crazyabo...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

If they use their own ISP's news server & it's down; BTDT a long time ago, &
it was a royal PITA.

Some AOL people have said that they've been resorting to posting through
Google lately, since AOL's Usenet services appear to be unreliable these
last couple of weeks. I haven't checked, but at least the new Google set-up
is rumored to be much better, re: virtually no time lag anymore.

Cathy

Cat Protector

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 14:54:4817/01/2005
Surely, you are joking right?

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"catlvr" <lmit...@eba.ca> wrote in message

KellyH

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 15:05:5417/01/2005
"Mary" <crazyabo...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Why would anyone post through Google?

I really don't know. Unless their ISP doesn't have a news server. However,
you can get a free account from Individual.Net. If one posts through Google
for privacy reasons, using this one will make it look like you are posting
from Germany. I switched when I couldn't access Comcast's news server any
more for some reason. It was easier to get a new account than deal with
Comcast.
I love Google for archives and it's web search engine, but I could never
read and post to ng's from Google.

catlvr

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 15:06:3417/01/2005
*grin*

Mary

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 15:12:2117/01/2005

"Cathy Friedmann" <cl...@adelphia.net> wrote

> Some AOL people have said that they've been resorting to posting through
> Google lately, since AOL's Usenet services appear to be unreliable these
> last couple of weeks. I haven't checked, but at least the new Google
set-up
> is rumored to be much better, re: virtually no time lag anymore.

Why does ANYONE use AOL? lol!!

Mary

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 15:13:3517/01/2005

"catlvr" <lmit...@eba.ca> wrote in message
> Some of us just aren't as intelligent, tactful, and empathetic as you
> are, Mary.

We have at least three Marys posting here, so I of course have
no idea who you are talking to, since you did not include a snippet
of the post to which you are replying.

Mary

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 15:14:4217/01/2005

> Surely, you are joking right

Perhaps. If so, it might be like someone talking about what
a genius you are. How quickly you take your kitties to the
vet. That sort of thing. Classic sarcasm.

KellyH

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 15:14:4317/01/2005
> *grin*

If you are posting through Google, there is a way to cut and paste. Not
sure what it is, but please look it up. I have no idea what message you are
replying to.

catlvr

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 15:26:5817/01/2005
Is this what we call a "cat fight"? LOL

GraceCat

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 15:45:1817/01/2005

"Slimpickins" <Sl...@work.com> wrote in message

> To each his own. But I wouldn't be so narrow minded as to say I'd never
> date a guy that had a dog or dogs. I think you can tell a lot about a
person
> by how they treat/ love their animals, family, and friends. Nuff said.
>
> ML

It's probably why some people are still moaning about not having found the
right person yet. Narrowminded stereotyping.

Grace

Cat Protector

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 16:03:3317/01/2005
Well, having a radio & TV station for cats makes for a good conversation
piece but it has hardly gotten me the right woman. Most seem to love dogs
but I am not giving up on finding that cat loving woman. There is someone
for everyone or so it has been said.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"GraceCat" <grac...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

KellyH

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 16:21:5017/01/2005

> Well, having a radio & TV station for cats makes for a good conversation
> piece but it has hardly gotten me the right woman. Most seem to love dogs
> but I am not giving up on finding that cat loving woman. There is someone
> for everyone or so it has been said.

So what if a woman has a dog or is a dog person. Does that make her a bad
person? Plenty of my cat friends also have dogs. I'm also friends with
some of the dog volunteers at the shelter. They are just as dedicated and
loving as the cat people. My husband was not particularly a cat person, but
that didn't turn me away. I just let him meet my cat (yes, there was a time
when I only had one cat) and observed how he interacted with her. Once we
moved in together, *he* was the one who wanted to adopt a kitten!

Mary

non lue,
17 janv. 2005, 17:25:2517/01/2005

> Is this what we call a "cat fight"? LOL

Nobody can tell you until they figure out what you are referring to,
bonehead. HTH.

-L.

non lue,
18 janv. 2005, 17:07:3018/01/2005

KellyH wrote:
> "Mary" <crazyabo...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Why would anyone post through Google?
>
> I really don't know. Unless their ISP doesn't have a news server.

Not the proiblem. Reading and posting at the site keeps one from
having to download anything, thus avoiding worms viruses, etc. that
often take advantage of newserver's weakneses, like Outlook Express,
etc. When everyone else got hit by that worm a year or so ago, I never
did.

However,
> you can get a free account from Individual.Net. If one posts through
Google
> for privacy reasons, using this one will make it look like you are
posting
> from Germany. I switched when I couldn't access Comcast's news
server any
> more for some reason. It was easier to get a new account than deal
with
> Comcast.
> I love Google for archives and it's web search engine, but I could
never
> read and post to ng's from Google.

It's actually not bad - and it shows the heirarchy so that if someone
can't quote text, you can see which post is in reply to which. The new
version is much improved albeit full of bugs. Once they get it
figured out, it should be as good as any newserver, without the
aforementioned risks. Thanks for the tip about individual.net, btw.
-L.

catlvr

non lue,
18 janv. 2005, 17:48:0718/01/2005
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this site a "google" news group, so
doesn't it stand to reason that google would be the logical choice for
posting?

I don't know of any other way - but if there is a better way I'd like
to know. I do find the sequencing of messages a bit confusing.

And how did we get from "cat women turn me off" to this subject? Some
of the responses here make me wonder whether Cliff has a point.

Mary

non lue,
18 janv. 2005, 18:01:5818/01/2005

> Correct me if I'm wrong

You are wrong.

KellyH

non lue,
18 janv. 2005, 18:32:5118/01/2005
"catlvr" <lmit...@eba.ca> wrote in message
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this site a "google" news group, so
> doesn't it stand to reason that google would be the logical choice for
> posting?

No, it's Usenet, an entity unto itself. Google is just one way to access
it, and they have taken over from DejaNews the task of Keeper of the Usenet
Archives. There are probably thousands of news servers out there. Most
people use the one provided by their ISP (Comcast, Verizon, etc) or there
are alternative servers like Individual.Net. You can use a number of
different newsreaders to read and post to Usenet. Some examples are Outlook
Express or Free Agent.

> I don't know of any other way - but if there is a better way I'd like
> to know. I do find the sequencing of messages a bit confusing.

I prefer to use OE just because I'm so used to it. A lot of people don't
like it because it's Microsoft and can be vulnerable to viruses if you
aren't careful. I've never gotten a virus because I do not download
attachments from the ng's and am always up-to-date on my antivirus software.

> And how did we get from "cat women turn me off" to this subject? Some
> of the responses here make me wonder whether Cliff has a point.

Topics drift. It happens.

Cathy Friedmann

non lue,
18 janv. 2005, 19:07:4918/01/2005

"KellyH" <Ke...@farringtons.net> wrote in message

What she said. (Saved me a lot of typing!)

> Topics drift. It happens.

Yep. Some people assiduously re-label the subject line when this happens,
but many (incl. me) often forget to. But I'll do it now... ;-)

Cathy

Steve G

non lue,
18 janv. 2005, 19:44:5118/01/2005

Mary wrote:
(....)

> Why would anyone post through Google?

- It works.

- Don't need to bugger about with a newsreader, or find a news service
that includes the groups you read.

- No chance of viruses etc.

- Can see who's x-no-archiving.

- Search utility is at hand if you want to search the backissues.
- Threading remains clear (posts don't expire).

Steve.

Kreisleriana

non lue,
18 janv. 2005, 19:55:5818/01/2005
On 18 Jan 2005 16:44:51 -0800, "Steve G" <ne...@stevethepsycho.co.uk>
yodeled:

Much easier to conceal your identity. :P

Theresa

Mary

non lue,
18 janv. 2005, 19:57:5018/01/2005

"Steve G" <ne...@stevethepsycho.co.uk> wrote in message

> Mary wrote:
> (....)
> >
> > Why would anyone post through Google?
>
> - It works.

Don't you find that you cannot read posts until a day or more
after they are posted?

> - Don't need to bugger about with a newsreader, or find a news service
> that includes the groups you read.
>
> - No chance of viruses etc.
>
> - Can see who's x-no-archiving.

What does it matter who is x-no-archiving?

Cathy Friedmann

non lue,
18 janv. 2005, 19:52:3418/01/2005

> "Steve G" <ne...@stevethepsycho.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > Mary wrote:
> > (....)
> > >
> > > Why would anyone post through Google?
> >
> > - It works.
>
> Don't you find that you cannot read posts until a day or more
> after they are posted?

Some AOL-ers who've rersorted to Google lately have said that it's improved
a lot in that respect - no more time lag.

Cathy

Steve G

non lue,
18 janv. 2005, 20:24:5218/01/2005

Mary wrote:
(...)

> Don't you find that you cannot read posts until a day or more
> after they are posted?

Look how quickly I replied!!

(Ans: no, it's almost instant these days).

(...)

> > - Can see who's x-no-archiving.
>
> What does it matter who is x-no-archiving?

I generally prefer to not reply to x-no-archivers.

S.

Steve G

non lue,
18 janv. 2005, 20:26:5018/01/2005

Kreisleriana wrote:
(...)

> >Mary wrote:
> >(....)
> >>
> >> Why would anyone post through Google?

(...)

> Much easier to conceal your identity. :P

Only very superficially - but I guess that does count for something...
S.

Cathy Friedmann

non lue,
18 janv. 2005, 20:25:3718/01/2005

> Mary wrote:

> > > - Can see who's x-no-archiving.
> >
> > What does it matter who is x-no-archiving?

> I generally prefer to not reply to x-no-archivers.

How come? I know that *some* of them want to hide posts for future
reference - for nefarious reasons, but others simply don't want their public
ramblings to be archived - with no ulterior motives attached. After a
while - often a short while, you get to know which side of the fence they're
on.

Cathy

Mary

non lue,
18 janv. 2005, 20:42:5818/01/2005

"Steve G" <ne...@stevethepsycho.co.uk> wrote in message

> Mary wrote:
> (...)
> >
> > Don't you find that you cannot read posts until a day or more
> > after they are posted?
>
> Look how quickly I replied!!

Excellent point. :)

> > What does it matter who is x-no-archiving?
> I generally prefer to not reply to x-no-archivers.

So that their posts will not be archived? Or why?
(Just curious ...)

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

non lue,
19 janv. 2005, 23:03:2719/01/2005

catlvr wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this site a "google" news group, so
> doesn't it stand to reason that google would be the logical choice for
> posting?

No, it's a Usenet newsgroup. Some people access it through
Google, but you can get it directly through your ISP's
news-server, or you can subscribe to another one (some are
free).

> I don't know of any other way - but if there is a better way I'd like
> to know. I do find the sequencing of messages a bit confusing.

I've never tried posting through Google, but it doesn't seem
to prevent others who do from quoting the messages to which
they're replying. I think the problem is with your browser
settings, not how you access the group - if you go to
"preferences" on your browser, you can tell it to quote the
original message - yours apparently doesn't have the box
checked that will automatically do so.

> And how did we get from "cat women turn me off" to this subject?

Obviously you have had very little experience with
newsgroups! Threads are more likely than not to go
"off-topic" anyway, but when the initial post was so
obviously by a troll, you're lucky you didn't find yourself
in the middle of a recipe exchange (which is how we usually
deal with trolls, here).

> Some
> of the responses here make me wonder whether Cliff has a point.

There you've lost me! Who or what is "Cliff"? (The reason
for quoting the messages when you respond is so others
beside yourself have some glimmer of an idea what you're
talking about.)

JBHajos

non lue,
20 janv. 2005, 08:37:1520/01/2005
On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:03:27 -0800, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
<evg...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>There you've lost me! Who or what is "Cliff"?

"Cliff" is the troll who started the whole thing.

Jeanne

Chargement d'autres messages en cours.
0 nouveau message