Conan's PayPal Fund

Mary

Jun 16, 2005, 8:55:13 PM6/16/05
Who will volunteer to handle this? Someone well-known
and trusted by most if not all.

Meghan Noecker
Sherry,
Kelly H
Steve G. and
Lauren

seem like good candidates if any of them would want
to take it on, but there are others, too.

Will anyone volunteer?

KellyH

Jun 16, 2005, 10:12:19 PM6/16/05
"Mary" <ma...@catlovernospam.com> wrote in message

I would rather not do it. Not that I don't want to help, but the next
several days are going to be hectic for me and I wouldn't want to mess
anything up.

--
-Kelly

Mary

Jun 16, 2005, 10:17:16 PM6/16/05

"KellyH" <Ke...@farringtonsNOSPAM.net> wrote in message

Well, at least you know you are trusted. Plus, per your earlier post,
I think it is too soon to need money for him. Maybe tomorrow or
Saturday or Sunday someone great will whisk him away.

Catnipped

Jun 16, 2005, 10:50:18 PM6/16/05
"Mary" <ma...@catlovernospam.com> wrote in message

I have a PayPal account, but too many people here hate me and wouldn't
contribute because of that. There is someone on rpca who also has one whom
we've trusted on several occasions to use it for paying a vet bill for
someone who couldn't afford it (or the afore-mentioned plane ticket and
flowers, etc.), but again that would be on my recommendation and I think
that would turn off too many people here to be useful.

Hugs,

CatNipped

kitkatluna

Jun 16, 2005, 10:53:45 PM6/16/05
I think the people most "turned off" are least likely to be contributors?

Catnipped

Jun 16, 2005, 10:55:51 PM6/16/05
"kitkatluna" <kitka...@aol.com> wrote in message

Not necessarily. Megan is very interested in helping cats, in fact she
lives to help cats. But she *HATES* me and though she might contribute to
someone else, would not send it to my account. There are a few others I
could name also, but I'd better not - I don't want to start another flame
war!! We would need someone who is, if not liked, then at least not
despised! ;>

Hugs,

CatNipped

Cheryl

Jun 16, 2005, 10:58:26 PM6/16/05
On Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:53:45p, kitkatluna wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news:ZWqse.4316$on5...@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com):

>> I have a PayPal account, but too many people here hate me and
>> wouldn't contribute because of that. There is someone on rpca
>> who also has one whom we've trusted on several occasions to use
>> it for paying a vet bill for someone who couldn't afford it (or
>> the afore-mentioned plane ticket and flowers, etc.), but again
>> that would be on my recommendation and I think that would turn
>> off too many people here to be useful.
>>
>> Hugs,
>>
>> CatNipped
>>

> I think the people most "turned off" are least likely to be
> contributors?

Not necessarily true. I loathe CN but I trust the person (Victor)
that she's talking about. I've sent him a check before so he
already knows my personal info.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields

Catnipped

Jun 16, 2005, 10:57:43 PM6/16/05
"Cheryl" <jlhs...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:53:45p, kitkatluna wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> (news:ZWqse.4316$on5...@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com):
>
> >> I have a PayPal account, but too many people here hate me and
> >> wouldn't contribute because of that. There is someone on rpca
> >> who also has one whom we've trusted on several occasions to use
> >> it for paying a vet bill for someone who couldn't afford it (or
> >> the afore-mentioned plane ticket and flowers, etc.), but again
> >> that would be on my recommendation and I think that would turn
> >> off too many people here to be useful.
> >>
> >> Hugs,
> >>
> >> CatNipped
> >>

> > I think the people most "turned off" are least likely to be
> > contributors?
>
> Not necessarily true. I loathe CN but I trust the person (Victor)
> that she's talking about. I've sent him a check before so he
> already knows my personal info.

LOL! See what I mean Pam? ;>

kitkatluna

Jun 16, 2005, 11:10:58 PM6/16/05
Catnipped wrote:
> "Cheryl" <jlhs...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>On Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:53:45p, kitkatluna wrote in
>>rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>>(news:ZWqse.4316$on5...@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com):

>>>I think the people most "turned off" are least likely to be
>>>contributors?
>>
>>Not necessarily true. I loathe CN but I trust the person (Victor)
>>that she's talking about. I've sent him a check before so he
>>already knows my personal info.
>

> LOL! See what I mean Pam? ;>

Er. Um. I...uh...stand corrected? ;)
LOL.

Cheryl

Jun 16, 2005, 11:13:16 PM6/16/05
On Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:57:43p, Catnipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:3heskkF...@individual.net):

> "Cheryl" <jlhs...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:53:45p, kitkatluna wrote in
>> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
>> (news:ZWqse.4316$on5...@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com):

>> > I think the people most "turned off" are least likely to be
>> > contributors?
>>
>> Not necessarily true. I loathe CN but I trust the person
>> (Victor) that she's talking about. I've sent him a check
>> before so he already knows my personal info.
>
> LOL! See what I mean Pam? ;>

That doesn't "see what you mean" at all. Just because I loathe you
doesn't mean that on your recommendation of a third party
involvement, that I wouldn't contribute. It just means I don't
like you. Why should you care if I don't like you? Or any of the
others who don't? This isn't about you, it's about Conan.

Mary

Jun 16, 2005, 11:18:37 PM6/16/05

"Cheryl" <jlhs...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu 16 Jun 2005 10:53:45p, kitkatluna wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> (news:ZWqse.4316$on5...@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com):
>
> >> I have a PayPal account, but too many people here hate me and
> >> wouldn't contribute because of that. There is someone on rpca
> >> who also has one whom we've trusted on several occasions to use
> >> it for paying a vet bill for someone who couldn't afford it (or
> >> the afore-mentioned plane ticket and flowers, etc.), but again
> >> that would be on my recommendation and I think that would turn
> >> off too many people here to be useful.
> >>
> >> Hugs,
> >>
> >> CatNipped
> >>

> > I think the people most "turned off" are least likely to be
> > contributors?
>
> Not necessarily true. I loathe CN but I trust the person (Victor)
> that she's talking about. I've sent him a check before so he
> already knows my personal info.

You are such an ignorant bitch. You suck up to Philip but
"loathe" Lori. What a class act you are. Ugh. Nobody needs
to discredit you. Nobody could do a better job than you
already to.

Cheryl

Jun 16, 2005, 11:20:22 PM6/16/05
On Thu 16 Jun 2005 11:18:37p, Mary wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news:1118978316.d2ef2c39fc597c1cca978e24c606a6cf@teranews):

Based on the likes of CN? Says you. :)

Mary

Jun 16, 2005, 11:21:49 PM6/16/05

"Cheryl" <jlhs...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

You made it about Lori, you uncouth, hateful, piece of shit
rust-belt dweller.

Cheryl

Jun 16, 2005, 11:24:09 PM6/16/05
On Thu 16 Jun 2005 11:21:49p, Mary wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news:1118978507.c51f3427bc7c86dc80631b0171fce294@teranews):

lol

srid...@aol.com

Jun 16, 2005, 11:24:43 PM6/16/05

Catnipped wrote:

> > > I have a PayPal account, but too many people here hate me and wouldn't
> > > contribute because of that. There is someone on rpca who also has one
> whom
> > > we've trusted on several occasions to use it for paying a vet bill for
> > > someone who couldn't afford it (or the afore-mentioned plane ticket and
> > > flowers, etc.), but again that would be on my recommendation and I think
> > > that would turn off too many people here to be useful.
> > >
> > > Hugs,
> > >
> > > CatNipped

FTR, I think you're very trustworthy. But I think a lot of people are
going to be spooked about contributing to anyone's personal paypal
account. I stopped contributing to group funds after the woman on rpca
(not recently) spent all the money in the account that everyone had
contributed then disappeared from the group. And I liked her very much,
still do.
JMO, but if we could open a new account for Conan, and someone keep
records and provide the contributors with inflow/outflow it would quash
any suspicion that the appointed guardian would be anything less than
fiscally responsible.
Could you manage something like that? Do you think it *could* be done
that way? I have a Paypal account, but am not that famiiar with the
dynamics of the process.
But, like someone else said, a fund may not be necessary. However, if
it is, again, I would be willing to contribute something, either
through Paypal or directly.
Sherryt

Mary

Jun 16, 2005, 11:27:16 PM6/16/05

"Cheryl" <jlhs...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Even when people are pulling together to help an animal,
you have to be a petty asshole. You disgust me.

Cheryl

Jun 16, 2005, 11:28:03 PM6/16/05
On Thu 16 Jun 2005 11:24:43p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news:1118978683.6...@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com):

>> whom

> FTR, I think you're very trustworthy.

You do???

Cheryl

Jun 16, 2005, 11:31:03 PM6/16/05
On Thu 16 Jun 2005 11:29:25p, Mary wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news:1118978961.8c1a1c3c16e39143ab84b13c77a2bafd@teranews):

> "Cheryl" <jlhs...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> You're just a nasty little petty jealous person. There isn't
> a single good reason for anyone to "loathe" Lori.
>
> But congrats on posting this under your own name
> for a change. lol

I always post under my name. Oh, the Rhubarb was a mistake but not
meant for here.

Mary

Jun 16, 2005, 11:29:25 PM6/16/05

"Cheryl" <jlhs...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

You're just a nasty little petty jealous person. There isn't

Cheryl

Jun 16, 2005, 11:29:54 PM6/16/05
On Thu 16 Jun 2005 11:27:16p, Mary wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news:1118978838.f1249d0341fb8daed7f6eed5671eef4d@teranews):

You disgusted me before this. You and CN. And figure out how to use
your newsreader because I'm tired of having to rewrap my posts to
you.

srid...@aol.com

Jun 16, 2005, 11:34:47 PM6/16/05

Cheryl wrote:

> > FTR, I think you're very trustworthy.
>
> You do???
>
> --
> Cheryl

Well, yeah, I do. In the sense that I don't think she'd take the fund
and make her house payment with the money then disappear off the group.
All of my other alleged bullshit aside, I think she'd do the right
thing by Conan. It would be like stealing from Conan and I don't think
CN would do that.

Sherry

Mary

Jun 16, 2005, 11:37:21 PM6/16/05

> On Thu 16 Jun 2005 11:24:43p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> (news:1118978683.6...@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com):

> >> whom

> > FTR, I think you're very trustworthy.
>
> You do???
>
> --

Sherry wrote this, asswipe. Fix your fucking attributions.

Philip

Jun 16, 2005, 11:41:45 PM6/16/05

It is remarkable that between yourselves this backbiting continues when you
try to pull together.

Philip

Jun 16, 2005, 11:41:46 PM6/16/05
srid...@aol.com wrote:

> FTR, I think you're very trustworthy. But I think a lot of people are
> going to be spooked about contributing to anyone's personal paypal
> account. I stopped contributing to group funds after the woman on rpca
> (not recently) spent all the money in the account that everyone had
> contributed then disappeared from the group. And I liked her very
> much, still do.

You would like to spay with a dull razor blade? LOL

> JMO, but if we could open a new account for Conan, and someone keep
> records and provide the contributors with inflow/outflow it would
> quash any suspicion that the appointed guardian would be anything less
> than fiscally responsible.
> Could you manage something like that? Do you think it *could* be done
> that way? I have a Paypal account, but am not that famiiar with the
> dynamics of the process.

It's pretty simple. You simply execute a "funds transfer" to the email
address of the PayPal recipient which is then credited to the bank account
of that PayPal member. I've done this a number of times with ebay
purchases.

> But, like someone else said, a fund may not be necessary. However, if
> it is, again, I would be willing to contribute something, either
> through Paypal or directly.
> Sherry

Is the fiscally responsible person going to maintain and post on this forum
a list of contributor names? They should! I would contribute just to piss
off a few people! LOL

Cheryl

Jun 16, 2005, 11:42:27 PM6/16/05
On Thu 16 Jun 2005 11:37:21p, Mary wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news:1118979439.82356ed1a98035697fb694873c13da4d@teranews):

Xnews doesn't handle full email addresses as nyms correctly. She
knew who it was directed to you control freak, you.

Cheryl

Jun 16, 2005, 11:43:29 PM6/16/05
On Thu 16 Jun 2005 11:34:47p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news:1118979287.0...@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com):

I won't send her my info.

kitkatluna

Jun 16, 2005, 11:44:04 PM6/16/05
Philip wrote:

> Is the fiscally responsible person going to maintain and post on this forum
> a list of contributor names? They should! I would contribute just to piss
> off a few people! LOL

Geezus, Philip.

kitkatluna

Jun 16, 2005, 11:44:31 PM6/16/05
KUMBAYAAAA, BITCHES!

Cheryl

Jun 16, 2005, 11:45:07 PM6/16/05
On Thu 16 Jun 2005 11:41:45p, Philip wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news:ZDrse.6428$VK4...@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net):

CN isn't here to "pull togather" with anything. She's only here
because she can send out the F bomb when she wants to. Unlike
anecdotes group.

Mary

Jun 16, 2005, 11:54:53 PM6/16/05

"kitkatluna" <kitka...@aol.com> wrote in message

heh. You make "Kumbaya" sound like something to
accompany a karate kick. :) You rock. I am coming to
Chicago one day and we are going shopping, to lunch,
and etc., and I am going to get to give Jasperduds a kiss
on his shiny wedge-shaped head. :)

kitkatluna

Jun 17, 2005, 12:10:34 AM6/17/05
Mary wrote:

>>KUMBAYAAAA, BITCHES!
>

> heh. You make "Kumbaya" sound like something to
> accompany a karate kick. :) You rock. I am coming to
> Chicago one day and we are going shopping, to lunch,
> and etc., and I am going to get to give Jasperduds a kiss
> on his shiny wedge-shaped head. :)

Here he is in all his glory today. While we were busy trying to save the
world...eh...I mean Conan, this guy was trying to get a suntan. :)

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/miscellaneous/jasper_dudley/dscf0007.html
http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/miscellaneous/jasper_dudley/dscf8.html

:)
Pam

srid...@aol.com

Jun 17, 2005, 12:18:13 AM6/17/05

Ooo. He *is* a beautiful cat. And he sure has a Siamese triangle-head.
Gorgeous and mysterious, he looks.
We had an exciting day and I wish I'd taken a picture. A giant frog got
in the house and the cats were helping me herd it back out the door. If
anyone has ever had the experience of having five cats help herd a
frog, you can imagine it was certainly a Kodak moment I missed out on.

Sherry

> :)
> Pam

kitkatluna

Jun 17, 2005, 12:22:57 AM6/17/05
srid...@aol.com wrote:

> kitkatluna wrote:

>>>heh. You make "Kumbaya" sound like something to
>>>accompany a karate kick. :) You rock. I am coming to
>>>Chicago one day and we are going shopping, to lunch,
>>>and etc., and I am going to get to give Jasperduds a kiss
>>>on his shiny wedge-shaped head. :)
>>
>>Here he is in all his glory today. While we were busy trying to save the
>>world...eh...I mean Conan, this guy was trying to get a suntan. :)
>>
>>http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/miscellaneous/jasper_dudley/dscf0007.html
>>http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/miscellaneous/jasper_dudley/dscf8.html
>

> Ooo. He *is* a beautiful cat. And he sure has a Siamese triangle-head.
> Gorgeous and mysterious, he looks.

One of his million nicknames is wedgie. :)

> We had an exciting day and I wish I'd taken a picture. A giant frog got
> in the house and the cats were helping me herd it back out the door. If
> anyone has ever had the experience of having five cats help herd a
> frog, you can imagine it was certainly a Kodak moment I missed out on.

Well, I'm laughing just thinking about it...so I can only imagine how
funny it was in real life! 5 cats herding a frog. HA! :)

Philip

Jun 17, 2005, 3:13:19 AM6/17/05

I do not know what that means.

Meghan Noecker

Jun 17, 2005, 6:10:04 AM6/17/05
On 16 Jun 2005 20:24:43 -0700, srid...@aol.com wrote:

>FTR, I think you're very trustworthy. But I think a lot of people are
>going to be spooked about contributing to anyone's personal paypal
>account. I stopped contributing to group funds after the woman on rpca
>(not recently) spent all the money in the account that everyone had
>contributed then disappeared from the group. And I liked her very much,
>still do.
>JMO, but if we could open a new account for Conan, and someone keep
>records and provide the contributors with inflow/outflow it would quash
>any suspicion that the appointed guardian would be anything less than
>fiscally responsible.
>Could you manage something like that? Do you think it *could* be done
>that way?

I think that would be the best way. I'm not sure if it is possible
though. You have to use a valid email address and attach it to a bank
account. Even somebody setting up a separate account would have to
have a separate account to link it to. I don't think it will let you
link two different paypal accounts to the same checking account.

Also, once the money has been collected, it would have to be sent. And
that would mean waiting several days for it to be transferred to a
personal bank account, or sending it via paypal to the vet or shelter
(in which case, we might as well send it directly to them anyway).

Hopefully, we won't need to do it, but if we do, it would be easier to
just use an existing account. No setup involved, and a person with a
paypal debit/credit card would be able to call the vet or shelter on
the phone and pay like a credit card instantly.

I don't mind doing it if it comes to that, but I think it would be
best to put it to a vote. I trust most of the people here, even most
of those who I have disagreed with.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography

Catnipped

Jun 17, 2005, 9:26:52 AM6/17/05
"Mary" <ma...@catlovernospam.com> wrote in message

But Mary, of course there is a reason for Cheryl to loathe me - I committed
the crime of (GASP) not jumping onto the bandwagon and bashing you! See,
Mary, it's all *your* fault! ;>

[Really Pam, that's all there was to it. I didn't attack a single person
here or say anything nasty to anyone. But when I didn't react to Mary's
posts with invective (like a certain "clique" here does), first I was
"warned" not to be friends with Mary, then I got nasty comments about "your
new best friend", and then, when I told everyone that I wasn't going to be
mean to Mary just because everyone else was, I was suddenly persona non
grata and everyone started "loathing" me. I challenge anyone here to find a
single post where I started being nasty to someone before they were nasty to
me in *MANY* posts before that for *NO OTHER REASON* than that I was nice to
Mary And the degree of invective... I called someone "stupid" after she
called me a "half-rotted dildo". So when Cheryl says I only post here so I
can drop the "F" bomb? I've used that maybe 4 or 5 times in all the time
I've been posting here, and only after being *extremely* provoked. Now,
there's the truth, anyone can google to see that it is the truth, but let's
sit back and watch all the lies that will be spread trying to counter it.]

Hugs,

CatNipped

Philip

Jun 17, 2005, 10:20:22 AM6/17/05

"Meghan Noecker" <frie...@zoocrewphoto.com> wrote in message

Whoever becomes the fiscally responsible steward for this Conan Fund really
must post ALL the contributors' names on this forum ... just keep things
above board and honest.

equalizer

Jun 17, 2005, 10:35:01 AM6/17/05
In article <G_Ase.6173$eM6....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, Philip
says...

Your supposition that you have **ANY** input to this matter at all is laughable
at best.

eq

Steve G

Jun 17, 2005, 11:53:20 AM6/17/05
Meghan Noecker wrote:
> On 16 Jun 2005 20:24:43 -0700, srid...@aol.com wrote:
>

> I think that would be the best way. I'm not sure if it is possible
> though. You have to use a valid email address and attach it to a bank
> account. Even somebody setting up a separate account would have to
> have a separate account to link it to. I don't think it will let you
> link two different paypal accounts to the same checking account.

The nicest way to do all this is to just pay whoever (vet, air freight)
directly, missing out Paypal entirely. I.e., each person rings the vet
and gets 'em to debit $x from their account. Bit of a palaver for the
vet though, so perhaps they wouldn't do it.

Paypal is semi-anonymous at least - just need a valid email addy to do
a funds transfer, there's no release of bank a/c details between
tranferer / tranferee.

I don't think you actually need to attach a Paypal a/c to a real bank
a/c? Then again, I'm not sure what the restrictions are on such
non-verified a/cs. (Can you transfer funds from a non-verifed to a
verified a/c?)

> Hopefully, we won't need to do it, but if we do, it would be easier to
> just use an existing account. No setup involved, and a person with a
> paypal debit/credit card would be able to call the vet or shelter on
> the phone and pay like a credit card instantly.

I suppose a Paypal debit card isn't needed because the a/c manager
could just use their own card and then transfer the funds from Paypal
to their own bank a/c.

> I don't mind doing it if it comes to that, but I think it would be
> best to put it to a vote. I trust most of the people here, even most
> of those who I have disagreed with.

I would rather be just chucking some cash in, rather than being the
organiser! (Ha - true of everyone, I should say). In this situation, I
would also trust most people here.

Steve.

Philip

Jun 17, 2005, 1:09:53 PM6/17/05
Steve G wrote:

> I don't think you actually need to attach a Paypal a/c to a real bank
> a/c? Then again, I'm not sure what the restrictions are on such
> non-verified a/cs. (Can you transfer funds from a non-verifed to a
> verified a/c?)
snip
> Steve

Yes you do. It takes a few days for Paypal to set up an account, verify the
checking or savings account at your bank, link an email account to the bank
account, which you have to respond to with the amount test credited to the
account.

Mary

Jun 17, 2005, 1:16:51 PM6/17/05

"Steve G" <ne...@stevethepsycho.co.uk> wrote in message

A good discussion of the options, filed for when we might
need it.

Steve G

Jun 17, 2005, 1:47:09 PM6/17/05

Philip wrote:
> Steve G wrote:
> >
> > I don't think you actually need to attach a Paypal a/c to a real bank
> > a/c? Then again,
>

> Yes you do. It takes a few days for Paypal to set up an account, verify the
> checking or savings account at your bank, link an email account to the bank
> account, which you have to respond to with the amount test credited to the
> account.

I may be getting confused with verification vs. the need to present
bank a/c details initially. I was recalling that it was the
verification process that involved submitting bank a/c details, but it
sounds like I must've provided said details when I initially created a
Paypal a/c and the verification was - well - verification...

Steve.

Philip

Jun 17, 2005, 4:15:04 PM6/17/05

My Paypal accounts each required a branch bank account to be in existance
first. Linking a credit card was secondary. Getting a live person on the
phone at Paypal is a PITA but that might be appropriate here.

Considering the bail for springing Conan from kitty jail is probably about
$75, what is the cost of fostering him until a new "for ever home" is found?

KellyH

Jun 17, 2005, 4:53:40 PM6/17/05
"Philip" <1chip-...@earthlink.net> wrote

> My Paypal accounts each required a branch bank account to be in existance
> first. Linking a credit card was secondary. Getting a live person on the
> phone at Paypal is a PITA but that might be appropriate here.
>
> Considering the bail for springing Conan from kitty jail is probably about
> $75, what is the cost of fostering him until a new "for ever home" is
> found?

That's a verified account. You can open an unverified account with just a
credit card. Takes five minutes.

--
-Kelly

Annie Wxill

Jun 17, 2005, 5:40:29 PM6/17/05

"Catnipped" <lcr...@houston.rr.com> wrote in message

> "Mary" <ma...@catlovernospam.com> wrote in message
>> Who will volunteer to handle this? Someone well-known
>> and trusted by most if not all.

Sorry to piggyback, Catnipped. I didn't get Mary's message.

I've been wondering why does anyone have to handle an account? Why can't
the donations be made directly to the shelter to sponsor the cat?
Annie

Philip

Jun 17, 2005, 6:04:37 PM6/17/05

I only deal with verified sellers and buyers and those with a positive
feedback of 98.5 or higher. Too many flakes at lesser ratings.

Candace

Jun 17, 2005, 6:11:14 PM6/17/05

Philip wrote:

> I only deal with verified sellers and buyers and those with a positive
> feedback of 98.5 or higher. Too many flakes at lesser ratings.

Uh-huh, I think you're confusing ebay with PayPal. They're not the
same theing. I never saw feedback being offered on PayPal. Try to
keep up.

Candace

Annie Wxill

Jun 17, 2005, 6:13:49 PM6/17/05

.. Megan is very interested in helping cats, in fact she
> lives to help cats. But she *HATES* me and though she might contribute to
> someone else, would not send it to my account. There are a few others I
> could name also, but I'd better not - I don't want to start another flame
> war!! We would need someone who is, if not liked, then at least not
> despised! ;>
> Hugs,
> CatNipped

Megan orchestrated at least two online group rescues that I can recall.
One involved moving a cat cross the U.S., the other was not as far. Those
were the only two times I've sent donations to an individual. I believe my
money went to a good cause.
I know she can do it, but given the disrespect she's received here lately, I
would not blame Megan at all if she does not offer to take on the job of
handling donations for this cause.
I think a person's decision to help, or not, this cause or any other cause
should be a personal decision made with personal reasons. It should be
respected. It should not be a subject of discussion or speculation or an
opportunity to take a pot-shot at anyone.
Just my opinion,
Annie

Mary

Jun 17, 2005, 6:18:43 PM6/17/05

"Annie Wxill" <Annie...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Good thinking, Annie. That is what Steve G. said, and it's a good idea.

KellyH

Jun 17, 2005, 6:25:19 PM6/17/05
"Philip" <1chip-...@earthlink.net> wrote

> I only deal with verified sellers and buyers and those with a positive
> feedback of 98.5 or higher. Too many flakes at lesser ratings.

Well I'm not buying something off of eBay from you, so who cares what you
only deal with.
I have an unverified PayPal account and it's never been a problem, except
for PayPal bugging me to make it verified. Don't feel like giving out my
bank account info.

--
-Kelly

Philip

Jun 17, 2005, 6:44:09 PM6/17/05

Silly wench. Ebay OWNS Paypal and as such the two are inextricably tied to
promote sales. There is a lot on Paypal that you don't see until you become
a merchant.

Philip

Jun 17, 2005, 7:11:04 PM6/17/05

> "Philip" <1chip-...@earthlink.net> wrote
>> I only deal with verified sellers and buyers and those with a positive
>> feedback of 98.5 or higher. Too many flakes at lesser ratings.
>>

> Well I'm not buying something off of eBay from you, so who cares what you
> only deal with.

More accurately stated, YOU don't care what I choose to deal with.

> I have an unverified PayPal account and it's never been a problem, except
> for PayPal bugging me to make it verified. Don't feel like giving out my
> bank account info.
> --
> -Kelly

Many people share your fears. But to a seller, "unverified" raises the
"flake potential" flag.

Philip

Jun 17, 2005, 7:10:57 PM6/17/05

"Annie Wxill" <Annie...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
snip

> I know she can do it, but given the disrespect she's received here lately,
> I would not blame Megan at all if she does not offer to take on the job of
> handling donations for this cause.
> I think a person's decision to help, or not, this cause or any other cause
> should be a personal decision made with personal reasons. It should be
> respected. It should not be a subject of discussion or speculation or an
> opportunity to take a pot-shot at anyone.
> Just my opinion,
> Annie

Which is why a swift humanitarian rescues should be done with no public fan
fare. Just do it on your own.

kitkatluna

Jun 17, 2005, 7:24:33 PM6/17/05
Philip wrote:

> Silly wench.

Such filth! From Philip?

Cmon Philip. Take a break from rpchb for a while. This place has even
YOU name calling now!

Philip

Jun 17, 2005, 8:08:49 PM6/17/05

"kitkatluna" <kitka...@aol.com> wrote in message

Wench: a young woman. a female servant (of cats of course)(Middle English)
How could you possibly take offense?

You've got a point. Kitten is teaching me new words, all the bad ones
first. LOL This one makes noises that would make a raucous Siamese
blush.

Mary

Jun 17, 2005, 9:02:42 PM6/17/05

"kitkatluna" <kitka...@aol.com> wrote in message

Somehow I missed these this morning. These are Jasperduds
"Glamour Shots." I looked at the whole album, there are others
that are great in this series two. What an elegant boy.

Mary

Jun 17, 2005, 9:05:30 PM6/17/05

<srid...@aol.com> wrote in message

Hahahaha! How did the frog get out alive? when we had a chipmunk in the
house I called the neighbors after we got it out to let them know that we
were
not killing one another. It went like this: "Cheeky, NO!" Lunge ....miss
....THUMP.
"John GET her! Buddha, NO! Where did he go? Get Cheeks, she is behind
the nght stand! CHEEKS NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Catnipped

Jun 17, 2005, 9:28:06 PM6/17/05
"Annie Wxill" <Annie...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Sorry, Annie, you misunderstood me. I wasn't taking a potshot at Megan - I
respect what she does for cats and thought I was saying so. I was only
explaining that she hates me, which is simply the truth, and that she's not
the only one here who does (as Cheryl quite plainly stated in an earlier
post). In the interest of helping the cat I was just suggesting that
someone else who isn't despised by anyone here be the holder of the PayPal
account.

Hugs,

CatNipped

kitkatluna

Jun 17, 2005, 9:31:13 PM6/17/05
Philip wrote:

> You've got a point. Kitten is teaching me new words, all the bad ones
> first. LOL This one makes noises that would make a raucous Siamese
> blush.

Man, I'd like to see you try and deal with MY raucous Siamese. Talk
about too much trouble...

MaryL

Jun 17, 2005, 10:35:08 PM6/17/05

"Annie Wxill" <Annie...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

That is what I have done in the past when I wanted to make a donation. The
only difference is that I made donations directly to a veterinary clinic on
behalf of a cat. Personally, I would not want to use PayPal and include my
full name and address. In this particular instance, though, people may be
jumping the gun. It does not appear that Conan is in immediate danger, while
many other cats are.

MaryL

Mary

Jun 17, 2005, 10:42:24 PM6/17/05

"MaryL" <carst...@yahoo.comTAKE-OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message

We can't save them all. This cat in particular has touched us because he
thought
he had a home for several weeks and now does not. Your comment is
counterproductive and quite frankly asinine.

Mary

Jun 17, 2005, 10:50:28 PM6/17/05

"Annie Wxill" <Annie...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Catnipped" <lcr...@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> .. Megan is very interested in helping cats, in fact she
> > lives to help cats. But she *HATES* me and though she might contribute
> > someone else, would not send it to my account. There are a few others I
> > could name also, but I'd better not - I don't want to start another
flame
> > war!! We would need someone who is, if not liked, then at least not
> > despised! ;>
> > Hugs,
> > CatNipped
>
> Megan orchestrated at least two online group rescues that I can recall.
> One involved moving a cat cross the U.S., the other was not as far. Those
> were the only two times I've sent donations to an individual. I believe my
> money went to a good cause.
> I know she can do it, but given the disrespect she's received here lately,
> would not blame Megan at all if she does not offer to take on the job of
> handling donations for this cause.

Megan deserves the same amount of respect she gives others. Her "help"
is not needed--or wanted-- in this case. If Conan is not adopted over the
next
few days, enough people here have offered to help with either funds or
legwork,
we can get him out of that shelter and into a home. And if nobody had
offered,
I would do it alone, with my own resources. And if those who offered
suddenly
have other obligations when the time comes, I will do it alone.

hamand...@betweentheknees.com

Jun 17, 2005, 11:28:33 PM6/17/05
"Mary" <ma...@catlovernospam.com> wrote:

> And if those who offered suddenly have other obligations when the time comes, I will do it alone.

My word is always good.

-mhd

MaryL

Jun 17, 2005, 11:29:02 PM6/17/05

"Mary" <ma...@catlovernospam.com> wrote in message

I certainly understand why people become emotionally involved in saving a
particular cat. I have done so, myself. However, the reason I said we may
be jumping the gun in this case is because several people from this group
have been in contact with the shelter and have said that Conan is up for
adoption (not for "instant euthanasia"). That doesn't mean you should
simply wipe Conan from your list of cats to help, but we don't even know yet
if such a fund is needed. I appreciate the phone calls you have made, but
do we even know if this shelter would permit an adoption out of the area?
Many do not. If an appropriate adoption can be arranged within the area,
the fund certainly would not be needed. Those who adopt from shelters pay
limited fees, and there have been previous comments on this NG about the
need to find homes where the new "parent" will assume financial
responsibility and not expect a "free" cat. Moreover, this shelter
apparently has a number of cats that they have kept for a considerable
period of time. I don't recall seeing any quotes from shelter staff that
would indicate that a death sentence is imminent if the cat is not adopted
this weekend. Most shelters will not assume the cost of treatment to bring
a cat back to health (as in Conan's case) if they then expected to euthanize
within a matter of two or three days. I *definitely* would like to see
Conan adopted. However, he first deserves an opportunity to be adopted
locally with as little additional turmoil in his life as possible. He has
already been taken from the shelter only to be dumped back at that same
shelter. It doesn't make much sense to talk about shipping him across
country without first trying to find a local home. The best option is to
check with the shelter on a daily basis (preferably with a single contact
person) to ensure that Conan is not scheduled to euthanization. If adoption
cannot be arranged by the shelter, then a fund to pay for his continuing
care would be appropriate.

MaryL

Cheryl

Jun 17, 2005, 11:34:36 PM6/17/05
On Fri 17 Jun 2005 09:26:52a, Catnipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:3hg1g7F...@individual.net):

> But Mary, of course there is a reason for Cheryl to loathe me -
> I committed the crime of (GASP) not jumping onto the bandwagon
> and bashing you! See, Mary, it's all *your* fault! ;>

Loathe may be a strong word. I save that for people I've actually
met, though from your posts, I feel like I know you. Strong
dislike. There. It has nothing to do with Mary. I like some of the
people who seem to like her. See, that's not it. I even like Mary
more than I like you.

Here's what it is:
In your posts you make yourself out to be self-important.
Examples:
Your thread of the tour of your house.
Your constant reminder that you're a member of MENSA.
Your assurance that everyone knows all of your accomplishments.
Many others I can't remember right now.

Several of us laugh at you in email. Example: The thread of the 57
picture tour of your house. You're better than us, aren't you.

Example: The pant suit you recently bought and you whined about
not finding size 5 clothes. That jacket didn't fit you. You
probably need a size 8. The pants didn't fit your body right. I
suppose that could be from losing 150 pounds so quickly when you
had your gut sutured shut. See? I know more about you than I want
to know. You post for affirmation, yet you just look pathetic.
Almost every post of yours screams "LOVE ME". I go back and forth
between strong dislike and pity. Even your daughter doesn't talk to
you. You told us that.

The latest reason I dislike you so immensely is because you chased
away Lyn. She won't post here anymore for fear of your nasty posts
being archived forever about her son. That he'll find them some
day. I'm sure you're so proud about that.

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields

Mary

Jun 17, 2005, 11:37:25 PM6/17/05

<hamand...@betweentheknees.com> wrote in message

I have no doubt about that.

Mary

Jun 17, 2005, 11:48:24 PM6/17/05

"MaryL" <carst...@yahoo.comTAKE-OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message

Yes, we do. Apparently you did not read the entire thread. Shelter staff
person Jessica told me "they do that, let me let you talk to my supervisor"
after I said, "could I just pay someone to take him and put him on a
flight?" Katherine then said he is not in any danger. She seemed
bothered by the fact that we have identified this shelter as a "kill"
shelter (all of them are to a degree) and stressed the fact that he is
not in danger. That was the initial worry, but not the greather point.
This dickhead Philip brought him home and kept him and allegedly
force-fed and medicated him, had him for almost two weeks then
returned him--just for having a cold. I am imagining how this boy feels
now. Stupid, right? Maybe. But he will get out of that shelter and have
a home. I can make that happen without Megan. And the good people
here who have followed this story, saw the photos and descriptions
of this boy will help because they feel the same way.

> Many do not. If an appropriate adoption can be arranged within the area,
> the fund certainly would not be needed. Those who adopt from shelters pay
> limited fees, and there have been previous comments on this NG about the
> need to find homes where the new "parent" will assume financial
> responsibility and not expect a "free" cat. Moreover, this shelter
> apparently has a number of cats that they have kept for a considerable
> period of time. I don't recall seeing any quotes from shelter staff that
> would indicate that a death sentence is imminent if the cat is not adopted
> this weekend. Most shelters will not assume the cost of treatment to
bring
> a cat back to health (as in Conan's case) if they then expected to
euthanize
> within a matter of two or three days. I *definitely* would like to see
> Conan adopted. However, he first deserves an opportunity to be adopted
> locally with as little additional turmoil in his life as possible. He has
> already been taken from the shelter only to be dumped back at that same
> shelter. It doesn't make much sense to talk about shipping him across
> country without first trying to find a local home. The best option is to
> check with the shelter on a daily basis (preferably with a single contact
> person) to ensure that Conan is not scheduled to euthanization. If
adoption
> cannot be arranged by the shelter, then a fund to pay for his continuing
> care would be appropriate.

All of this has been covered. Nobody is collecting funds now. If he is not
adopted in the next few days I (or we) will simply pay to get him out of
there and into some sort of home. If he comes to me I will pay a price
higher than the financial costs, but the point is, this boy will have a
forever
home with loving people and never have to worry about another asshole
like Philip.

I do not believe any shelter takes donations for specific cats--but in
any case, the point is NOT that he be kept alive but that he have
a home. I will give him one if he is not adopted locally. So there is
simply no doubt that he will have a home.

Cheryl

Jun 17, 2005, 11:54:31 PM6/17/05
On Fri 17 Jun 2005 11:48:24p, Mary wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news:1119066512.5b6f410dbc95a82286753f19d804915a@teranews):

> But he will get out of that shelter and have
> a home. I can make that happen without Megan.

LOL! Very TELLING. hehehe This has nothing to do with Megan, and
for you to bring her up speaks volumes. Your only interest in saving
Conan is to "one up" Megan and her past work here. LOL

Philip

Jun 18, 2005, 1:37:26 AM6/18/05

We had two Siamese years ago. Su Lin was older by 2 1/2 yrs than Thai Lan,
but both were from the same parents. Both died at age 19, Thai passing in
'91, I think. Thai had that old school guttural, raspy "rrrrahherrr" with
many inflections. This kitten is well on his way to marching Thai. Really
surprising for an 8 month old brown tabby. Kitten has two brown racing
stripes on his back with brownish ears. A bit strange under camera flash.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/BigRedKitty/ThaiSu-resizecomp.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/BigRedKitty/KittenTopSide.jpg

Philip

Jun 18, 2005, 1:37:46 AM6/18/05
Cheryl wrote:
> On Fri 17 Jun 2005 11:48:24p, Mary wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> (news:1119066512.5b6f410dbc95a82286753f19d804915a@teranews):
>
>> But he will get out of that shelter and have
>> a home. I can make that happen without Megan.
>
> LOL! Very TELLING. hehehe This has nothing to do with Megan, and
> for you to bring her up speaks volumes. Your only interest in saving
> Conan is to "one up" Megan and her past work here. LOL

Cheryl: VERY perceptive.

Philip

Jun 18, 2005, 1:37:35 AM6/18/05

This has to all do with cats!

This is a PRIME example of why this forum is primarily a club for woemen.

Philip

Jun 18, 2005, 2:18:49 AM6/18/05
Philip wrote:

> We had two Siamese years ago. Su Lin was older by 2 1/2 yrs than Thai
> Lan, but both were from the same parents. Both died at age 19, Thai
> passing in '91, I think. Thai had that old school guttural, raspy
> "rrrrahherrr" with many inflections. This kitten is well on his way
> to marching Thai. Really surprising for an 8 month old brown tabby.

OOPS typo. 8 WEEK old tabby.

Meghan Noecker

Jun 18, 2005, 2:32:04 AM6/18/05
On 17 Jun 2005 10:47:09 -0700, "Steve G" <ne...@stevethepsycho.co.uk>
wrote:

>Philip wrote:
>> Steve G wrote:
>> >
>> > I don't think you actually need to attach a Paypal a/c to a real bank
>> > a/c? Then again,
>>
>> Yes you do. It takes a few days for Paypal to set up an account, verify the
>> checking or savings account at your bank, link an email account to the bank
>> account, which you have to respond to with the amount test credited to the
>> account.
>
>I may be getting confused with verification vs. the need to present
>bank a/c details initially. I was recalling that it was the
>verification process that involved submitting bank a/c details, but it
>sounds like I must've provided said details when I initially created a
>Paypal a/c and the verification was - well - verification...

You still have to attach it to at least a bank account or credit card.
I think you need both. I think I had to list one as a backup.
Technically, you get away with one account. I use my check card as the
credit card, so both options go back to my actual bank account.

I haven't had any problems using my account and sending my info (email
and mailing address) when buying things from people. But I do
understand how people here would be concerned about other people
getting their home address. I'm not sure, but I think you can not
include that if you are paying for a service rather than an item.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography

Meghan Noecker

Jun 18, 2005, 2:40:26 AM6/18/05

Do explain then where the feedback rating is with paypal. It has a
number of verified buyers and shows how long you have been a member.
And there is no rating, let alone feedback. That is strictly an ebay
thing.

I just checked mine and posted the results. This is exactly what it
says about the seller, and below, it explains the categories.

See the bottom paragraph in particular.

About frie...@zoocrewphoto.com:
To protect your security, PayPal offers information on the status of
this member.
Seller Reputation: (75) Verified Buyers
Account Status: Verified
Account Type: US Premier
Account Creation Date: Jun. 14, 2000
PayPal Member For: 5 years 4 days

* Member may choose to deny payments without a Confirmed Address

Seller Reputation
The Seller Reputation Number measures how many Verified PayPal members
have paid that seller. New transactions are added 30 days after they
occur, to ensure that the Reputation Number reflects successful
exchanges.

Account Status
U.S. Users are considered "Verified" if they have confirmed the bank
account they have added to their PayPal account.Verification is a
positive signal to the Community that a user has complied with
Community security measures.

Account Type
Accounts can be Personal, Premier, or Business. Active sellers are
required to have a Premier or Business account.

Please note that this information is not an endorsement or guarantee
but a summary of a member's status with PayPal provided to help the
Community evaluate the other members with whom they transact.

Meghan Noecker

Jun 18, 2005, 2:44:01 AM6/18/05

Most people in general are honest. I have accepted payments from many
unverified people, and I only had one problem, and that was because
the person had a Canadian address. He was impatient and complained
after only 3 days (not enough time to ship something across the
border). And because it was a foreign address, paypal refunded the
money without even asking me for proof of shipping. I had the receipt
from the customs declaration and later an email aying he received it
okay. And I never got my money back. So, I won't ship to other
countries anymore.I think their policy is lousy on that topic. But no
problem with unverified accounts. I just get a receipt at the post
office and get delivery conformation. If there's ever a problem, I
have proof.

Meghan Noecker

Jun 18, 2005, 2:44:57 AM6/18/05

More accurately stated, YOU believe that "unverified" raises the
"flake potential" flag.

srid...@aol.com

Jun 18, 2005, 2:51:16 AM6/18/05
I've been out of pocket today and just checked in to get the latest
update on Conan. I have not been able to read every post but it appears
that no plans have been firmed up the past 24 hours. If a "plan"
develops, somebody please e-mail me. I've got a lot going on this
weekend and may not be able to read the group.
Thanks
Sherry

Alison

Jun 18, 2005, 6:25:54 AM6/18/05

> > I've been wondering why does anyone have to handle an account?
Why can't
> > the donations be made directly to the shelter to sponsor the cat?
> > Annie
>

> Good thinking, Annie. That is what Steve G. said, and it's a good
idea.>>.

How would that work for those abroad?
Not read all the posts but is there no one adopt the cat ? Mary , you
only have two cats and a big house , can't you squeeze in one more or
is he too far from you?
Alison

Mary

Jun 18, 2005, 12:08:22 PM6/18/05

"Meghan Noecker" <frie...@zoocrewphoto.com> wrote in message

You're right. You can opt for your address not to show
if you are the one paying.

Catnipped

Jun 18, 2005, 12:08:29 PM6/18/05
"Cheryl" <jlhs...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

You're a very confused person, aren't you? The things you've listed are 1)
wrong and/or 2) were posted to anecdotes not health+behav. *AND* you are
citing things that may have caused you envy, but you *STILL* haven't shown
where I started attacking someone before they attacked me several times.

As far as Lyn... I called Lyn stupid (her son will figure that one out
without having to google archives) - Lyn called me a half-rotted dildo (her
son will love finding out she can use such lovely language won't he?).

Now, you want to talk about posting personal stuff??? No, I won't sink to
your level - you may be a pathetic ass, but I won't humiliate you in public
as you've tried to do me.

Mary

Jun 18, 2005, 12:16:14 PM6/18/05

"Alison" <Ali...@XYZallofus2.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Mary" <ma...@catlovernospam.com> wrote in message
> >

> > > I've been wondering why does anyone have to handle an account?
> Why can't
> > > the donations be made directly to the shelter to sponsor the cat?
> > > Annie
> >
> > Good thinking, Annie. That is what Steve G. said, and it's a good
> idea.>>.
>
> How would that work for those abroad?

No idea. If you are interested I suggest you check it out.

> Not read all the posts but is there no one adopt the cat ? Mary , you
> only have two cats and a big house , can't you squeeze in one more or
> is he too far from you?

What a great idea. :)

If you don't know what is going on, please try not to post.

Catnipped

Jun 18, 2005, 12:22:46 PM6/18/05
"Cheryl" <jlhs...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> The latest reason I dislike you so immensely is because you chased

> away Lyn. She won't post here anymore for fear of your nasty posts
> being archived forever about her son. That he'll find them some
> day. I'm sure you're so proud about that.
>
> --

And please show me even *ONE* post where I said something about Lyn's son.
Again, I won't stoop to the depths you seem to wallow in.

Mary

Jun 18, 2005, 12:30:53 PM6/18/05

"Catnipped" <lcr...@houston.rr.com> wrote in message

Whoa--I have not been reading the Ignorant Bitch Cheryl's
posts, but stumbled upon this one. I have been reading just
about every post in this group for a very long time, and nobody
had ever said anything bad about Lyn's son. It's a lie. So
Cheryl can post proof or be recognized as the liar she is.

What I think must have happened is that Lynnie the Vicious
Netcopping Censorious Control Freak finally understood
that HER vicious posts are being archived forever and that
Jonathan will one day read them. I would worry about that
too.

CatNipped

Jun 18, 2005, 12:51:04 PM6/18/05
"Mary" <ma...@catlovernospam.com> wrote in message

It just kills me that these asses keep accusing others of the things *they*
do. I've never once posted a personal attack like the one Cheryl just
posted above or the ones Lyn posted about me. Yet I'm the one they accuse
of being mean-spirited.

It seems like the mean-spirited see only that in others and can't comprehend
being any different. Just like Phillip can't recognize compassion, honesty
or honor in others here and keeps looking for other motives for the people
who want to help the cat that he exchanged like a poorly-fitting pair of
shoes. He doesn't have those qualities, so he can't believe that others can
have them.

People always seem to ascribe to others what they are thinking or feeling
themselves. It's like my mother said, the only one who checks behind the
bedroom door is the one who has hidden there before!

CatNipped

Jun 18, 2005, 1:41:02 PM6/18/05
"Mary" <ma...@catlovernospam.com> wrote in message

t least:

> IF YOU CAN DISH IT OUT BUT YOU CANNOT
> TAKE IT, HAND IN YOUR FUCKING SPOON.
>
> :)

Well, certainly not in defense, but in explanation...

People with no self-esteem and no feelings of self-worth *care* about what
anonymous strangers on UseNet think about them. People with no real life
get so involved with what goes on here that they are devastated when their
pseudo life here starts unraveling when someone challenges their assumed
authority - the "persona" they think they've created of being all-knowing on
some subject (I actually had a user on another group claim she was a college
"English" professor in order to try to win an argument about a grammatical
error - never mind that grammar is taught in grade school, not college -
LOL). Therefore they think their own lies will devastate others. Oh
BOO-HOO a poster was mean to me mommy!!! Who was she? I don't know. Where
does she live? I don't know. How can she possibly effect any aspect of
your life**? I don't know, but BOO-HOO she hurt my feelings!!!
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

But damn it tickles me when they proclaim to feel contempt for someone yet
take the time to count the number of photos in a link that person posted,
dig up any information they can find on that person, or, in one person's
case, google incessantly to dig up quotes nobody else cares about.

**Except that they take this so seriously that they *try* to bring this shit
to real life by emailing nasty-grams, calling personal cell phones to leave
foul-languaged voice mails, sending computer viruses, and emailing a
person's boss to try and get them fired (and in your case trying to get you
booted off your ISP)!!!! It's mind boggling the lengths some people will go
to in order to "destroy" their enemy - the person who made them envious,
one-upped them, or just plain posted something that rocked their little
imaginary world.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Trish Dunphy

Jun 18, 2005, 2:04:00 PM6/18/05

> People always seem to ascribe to others what they are thinking or feeling
> themselves. It's like my mother said, the only one who checks behind the
> bedroom door is the one who has hidden there before!

I like that, can I use it?

I know many people this would apply to.

Trish

CatNipped

Jun 18, 2005, 2:20:39 PM6/18/05
"Trish Dunphy" <tri...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Sure, feel free. I'm sure my mom didn't make it up - it's such a truism
that it's probably been around forever! Psychiatrists call it "projection",
but it's simply that some people ascribe to others what they themselves
think and feel because they can't conceive of others feeling any
differently. It's usually only people with very limited intelligence or
imagination who do this.

Hugs,

CatNipped

zuz...@webtv.net

Jun 18, 2005, 2:38:17 PM6/18/05
ma...@catlover.com lied:
>In fact, she did not like them so much
>that she began a campaign to silence me
>that included lying to Bellsouth about my
>sending her a Trojan, and conducting an
>online smear campaign to get others to do
>so. Megan participated,

This is an absolute lie, but not surprising coming from you since lying
seems to be a habit with you. I did no such thing and have never called,
emailed, or in any way shape or form contacted your ISP for any reason
whatsoever.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Philip

Jun 18, 2005, 2:53:36 PM6/18/05

I said "a seller" .... not ALL sellers. Your panties are still in a bunch.
Slip 'em off and let that thing air out.

Cheryl

Jun 18, 2005, 7:35:54 PM6/18/05
On Sat 18 Jun 2005 12:08:29p, Catnipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:3hivb1F...@individual.net):

<snip - google it if you can't remember what was up there>

> You're a very confused person, aren't you? The things you've
> listed are 1) wrong

Were not.

and/or 2) were posted to anecdotes not
> health+behav.

Even though that isn't true, what difference does that make? You're
the one that likes to make sure everyone in rpca knows
which flame wars you're involved in here. You know that. Besides,
you use this group as your personal toilet rather than reply to
things in that group that might make it "ugly".

Ping Lyn {OT}
http://tinyurl.com/82kx6

*AND* you are citing things that may have caused
> you envy,

Envy? Pulease. Envy what? What exactly about you should I be
envious of pray tell?

but you *STILL* haven't shown where I started
> attacking someone before they attacked me several times.
>
> As far as Lyn... I called Lyn stupid (her son will figure that
> one out without having to google archives) - Lyn called me a
> half-rotted dildo (her son will love finding out she can use
> such lovely language won't he?).

Oh, there was more than that. Wanna see? Thanks for allowing me
to be Google Queen today. I found another I'd like to share. But
for now, here are two where you mention Lyn's son and it wasn't
that long ago. I'm surprised you don't remember, mensa and all.

From: "Catnipped" <lcr...@houston.rr.com>
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Re: BENGAL cats
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:59:15 -0500

<http://tinyurl.com/b8fbn>

For you maybe, but I have doubts that it was the best thing for
that poor boy having to grow up with a hard selfish person like
you for a mother!

From: "Catnipped" <lcr...@houston.rr.com>
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Re: Prozac instead of Elavil, more frustrations
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 12:45:49 -0500

<http://tinyurl.com/bh46u>

Sherry, I really don't give a crap how Lyn says it, she's still
advising handing out drugs for every "may" or "might" scenario
just to "rule out" "possible" problems. I wouldn't be surprised
if her kitties weren't little dopeheads - and lord help her child
if he ever exhibits excess energy one day 'cause he "might" have
ADHD and be put on Ritilin! Again, drugs aren't always the
solution - in fact most of the time they just add to the problem.

> Now, you want to talk about posting personal stuff??? No, I
> won't sink to your level - you may be a pathetic ass, but I
> won't humiliate you in public as you've tried to do me.

What's stopping you *this time*? Not me.

Here's another one that is why I can't stand you:
o-f-f t-o-p-i-c
http://tinyurl.com/bgm5e

Cheryl

Jun 18, 2005, 7:38:10 PM6/18/05
On Sat 18 Jun 2005 12:30:53p, Mary wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
(news:1119112256.e7fb0ade2be53e5ae7c3b0f89df7bda5@teranews):

> Whoa--I have not been reading the Ignorant Bitch Cheryl's
> posts, but stumbled upon this one.

Bullshit. You read all of my posts.

I have been reading just
> about every post in this group for a very long time,

See? lol

and nobody
> had ever said anything bad about Lyn's son. It's a lie. So
> Cheryl can post proof or be recognized as the liar she is.

Reading comprehension problems abound with you.

CatNipped

Jun 18, 2005, 8:04:11 PM6/18/05

> On Sat 18 Jun 2005 12:08:29p, Catnipped wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:3hivb1F...@individual.net):
>
> <snip - google it if you can't remember what was up there>
>
> > You're a very confused person, aren't you? The things you've
> > listed are 1) wrong
>
> Were not.

Were too! So there!

> and/or 2) were posted to anecdotes not
> > health+behav.
>
> Even though that isn't true, what difference does that make? You're
> the one that likes to make sure everyone in rpca knows
> which flame wars you're involved in here. You know that. Besides,
> you use this group as your personal toilet rather than reply to
> things in that group that might make it "ugly".
>
> Ping Lyn {OT}
> http://tinyurl.com/82kx6

*SHE* was the one who got pissed off at what happened here and took it over
there - and didn't even have the courage enough to address me, but took her
pettiness out on anyone who responded to me there. I was just bringing it
back where it started.

> *AND* you are citing things that may have caused
> > you envy,
>
> Envy? Pulease. Envy what? What exactly about you should I be
> envious of pray tell?

All those higher qualities you obviously don't have - or maybe envy isn't
the word, perhaps fixated would be more appropriate since you even went to
the trouble of counting the pictures in a link I posted (that's pretty
obsessive wouldn't you say?). Please get over me!

> but you *STILL* haven't shown where I started
> > attacking someone before they attacked me several times.
> >
> > As far as Lyn... I called Lyn stupid (her son will figure that
> > one out without having to google archives) - Lyn called me a
> > half-rotted dildo (her son will love finding out she can use
> > such lovely language won't he?).
> >

> Oh, there was more than that. Wanna see? Thanks for allowing me
> to be Google Queen today. I found another I'd like to share. But
> for now, here are two where you mention Lyn's son and it wasn't
> that long ago. I'm surprised you don't remember, mensa and all.

> From: "Catnipped" <lcr...@houston.rr.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: BENGAL cats
> Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:59:15 -0500
>
> <http://tinyurl.com/b8fbn>
>
> For you maybe, but I have doubts that it was the best thing for
> that poor boy having to grow up with a hard selfish person like
> you for a mother!

How was that being nasty about her son?????!

> From: "Catnipped" <lcr...@houston.rr.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: Prozac instead of Elavil, more frustrations
> Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 12:45:49 -0500
>
> <http://tinyurl.com/bh46u>
>
> Sherry, I really don't give a crap how Lyn says it, she's still
> advising handing out drugs for every "may" or "might" scenario
> just to "rule out" "possible" problems. I wouldn't be surprised
> if her kitties weren't little dopeheads - and lord help her child
> if he ever exhibits excess energy one day 'cause he "might" have
> ADHD and be put on Ritilin! Again, drugs aren't always the
> solution - in fact most of the time they just add to the problem.

Again, what's nasty to her son about that? In both cases I was expressing
sorrow for him, not saying *anything* nasty about him. Lyn was being a
foul-mouted harradin to me for no other reason than that I sided with Mary
in an argument. I'd feel sorry for *ANYONE* with a mother like that! And
those were the *ONLY* two times I ever mentioned him, so go google some more
and don't come back with your bull until you find something better than
those two lame attempts to prove your slander!

> > Now, you want to talk about posting personal stuff??? No, I
> > won't sink to your level - you may be a pathetic ass, but I
> > won't humiliate you in public as you've tried to do me.
>
> What's stopping you *this time*? Not me.

Show me where I did it *ANY* time! I haven't and I won't because, piece of
slime that you are, I won't lower myself to do to you what you've tried to
do to me.

> Here's another one that is why I can't stand you:
> o-f-f t-o-p-i-c
> http://tinyurl.com/bgm5e

Here, I'll post the entire post and you tell me what's so hateful about what
I wrote...

WARNING, WARNING, WARNING!!!! DO NOT READ THIS NOTE IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO
READ ANYTHING THAT DOESN'T HAVE TO DO WITH CAT HEALTH AND BEHAVIOR. FOR
THOSE PEOPLE - STOP READING NOW, I MEAN IT - STOP!!!

After my "Apology", I received *several* emails from lurkers and non-lurkers
here in the group saying, "you don't need to apologize, I agree with what
you said, it's OK to be passionate about cats."

I received *ONE* email from someone who didn't like me posting to the group.

There are the equivalent of "armed camps" here on this group and the attacks
they make on each other (with *NO* mention of cats in the posts) are more
disruptive than any thousands of heated arguments ABOUT CATS' HEALTH AND
BEHAVIOR.

I've seen threads that were hundreds of posts long about changing an email
address or reporting someone to an ISP(1). The posts consisted mostly of
profanity and personal attacks. These threads were participated in by the
*ONE* person who emailed me who didn't like *ME* posting to the group, and
several of the ones chastising me on-list for writing lots of posts about
whether *CATS* are safe outdoors. WTF???

(1) People - there are slime-bags out there posting KIDDIE PORN on the
internet! If you want to spend your time getting someone kicked off of
their ISP, go after *THEM* and not someone who happens to disagree with you!
Do you *REALLY* think an ISP is going to get rid of a *PAYING* customer (or
even a freebie who they can foist their advertising on) because they called
somebody a fuck-head!???!

Cheryl

Jun 18, 2005, 8:26:24 PM6/18/05
On Sat 18 Jun 2005 08:04:11p, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:3hjr6uF...@individual.net):

> "Cheryl" <jlhs...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> *SHE* was the one who got pissed off at what happened here and
> took it over there - and didn't even have the courage enough to
> address me, but took her pettiness out on anyone who responded
> to me there. I was just bringing it back where it started.

That's only how you interpretted it. Not reality.

>> *AND* you are citing things that may have caused
>> > you envy,
>>
>> Envy? Pulease. Envy what? What exactly about you should I be
>> envious of pray tell?
>
> All those higher qualities you obviously don't have - or maybe
> envy isn't the word, perhaps fixated would be more appropriate
> since you even went to the trouble of counting the pictures in a
> link I posted (that's pretty obsessive wouldn't you say?).
> Please get over me!

Neither word is accurate. Besides - the only reason I know how many
pictures there were is because it was part of our humorous email
laughing at you. I honestly can't remember who counted them. The fact
remains that you posted a pictorial of your living quarters just so
that people would validate you as being such a great person, or that
you have so much, I don't know what really. It was a thread that
screamed "LOVE ME". Envy? Again I say "Pulease!" lol

<snip>

>> <http://tinyurl.com/b8fbn>

> How was that being nasty about her son?????!

Not nasty *about* her son, nasty posts to and about her that
reference her son.

> Again, what's nasty to her son about that? In both cases I was
> expressing sorrow for him, not saying *anything* nasty about
> him. Lyn was being a foul-mouted harradin to me for no other
> reason than that I sided with Mary in an argument. I'd feel
> sorry for *ANYONE* with a mother like that! And those were the
> *ONLY* two times I ever mentioned him, so go google some more
> and don't come back with your bull until you find something
> better than those two lame attempts to prove your slander!

See above.

>> Here's another one that is why I can't stand you:
>> o-f-f t-o-p-i-c
>> http://tinyurl.com/bgm5e
>>

> Here, I'll post the entire post and you tell me what's so
> hateful about what I wrote...

The *entire* thread was hateful and had ulterior motives, and you
know it.

Pathetic. *shaking head*

CatNipped

Jun 18, 2005, 9:52:46 PM6/18/05

> On Sat 18 Jun 2005 08:04:11p, CatNipped wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav (news:3hjr6uF...@individual.net):
>
> > "Cheryl" <jlhs...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>

> > *SHE* was the one who got pissed off at what happened here and
> > took it over there - and didn't even have the courage enough to
> > address me, but took her pettiness out on anyone who responded
> > to me there. I was just bringing it back where it started.
> >
> That's only how you interpretted it. Not reality.

No, that's exactly what happened - go google again if you missed it (but as
much attention as you pay to my posts, I'm sure you didn't miss it, you're
just twisting the facts to fit *your* reality).

> >> *AND* you are citing things that may have caused
> >>
> >> Envy? Pulease. Envy what? What exactly about you should I be
> >> envious of pray tell?
> >
> > All those higher qualities you obviously don't have - or maybe
> > envy isn't the word, perhaps fixated would be more appropriate
> > since you even went to the trouble of counting the pictures in a
> > link I posted (that's pretty obsessive wouldn't you say?).
> > Please get over me!
> >

> Neither word is accurate. Besides - the only reason I know how many
> pictures there were is because it was part of our humorous email
> laughing at you. I honestly can't remember who counted them. The fact

I have to admit, being too cowardly to post openly so that you have to talk
about someone behind their back is funny, but I'm surprised you can laugh at
yourself like that. And if you think your continued implications of
strangers laughing at me is somehow going to affect me, you are "projecting"
way too much. I couldn't care less what brain-dead idiots like you say
about me - in fact the very fact that slimeballs hate me is, to me, the
highest of compliments!

> remains that you posted a pictorial of your living quarters just so
> that people would validate you as being such a great person, or that
> you have so much, I don't know what really. It was a thread that

None of which was said or implied - those are all your words so I can only
infer envy. The context in which they were posted had nothing to do with
any of that.

> screamed "LOVE ME". Envy? Again I say "Pulease!" lol

*I'M* not the one so concerned with the opinions of strangers on UseNet that
I spend my time googling about what they say, counting the pictures in a
link they post, or any of the other obsessive behavior you're exhibiting.
As far as screaming love me - *you* don't want to go there, believe me!

> <snip>
> >>
> >> <http://tinyurl.com/b8fbn>
> >>

> > How was that being nasty about her son?????!
> >
> Not nasty *about* her son, nasty posts to and about her that
> reference her son.

That's not what you implied with your slander - go back and read what you
wrote. And I would have had to get a *LOT* nastier than that to even come
close to as nasty as she was about me and *MY* family. I didn't accuse her
of a felony in a public forum - but she did accuse me of that, among many,
many other sleazy, disgusting things she wrote. You can pine and cry all
you want but I, for one, am glad the vicious bitch is gone!

> > Again, what's nasty to her son about that? In both cases I was
> > expressing sorrow for him, not saying *anything* nasty about
> > him. Lyn was being a foul-mouted harradin to me for no other
> > reason than that I sided with Mary in an argument. I'd feel
> > sorry for *ANYONE* with a mother like that! And those were the
> > *ONLY* two times I ever mentioned him, so go google some more
> > and don't come back with your bull until you find something
> > better than those two lame attempts to prove your slander!
> >
> See above.
>

> >> Here's another one that is why I can't stand you:
> >> o-f-f t-o-p-i-c
> >> http://tinyurl.com/bgm5e
> >>

> > Here, I'll post the entire post and you tell me what's so
> > hateful about what I wrote...
> >
> The *entire* thread was hateful and had ulterior motives, and you
> know it.

Hateful how? And are you now so obsessed with me that you are implying you
can read my mind and interpret what I *meant*? I don't ever employ subtlety
with an idiot, it's a waste of my time - I say exactly what I mean when I
write to people like you.

Yes, you certainly are - quit shaking your head about it and do something to
change!

Philip

Jun 18, 2005, 10:46:33 PM6/18/05
Cheryl wrote:
> On Sat 18 Jun 2005 12:30:53p, Mary wrote in
> rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> (news:1119112256.e7fb0ade2be53e5ae7c3b0f89df7bda5@teranews):
>
>> Whoa--I have not been reading the Ignorant Bitch Cheryl's
>> posts, but stumbled upon this one.
>
> Bullshit. You read all of my posts.
>
> I have been reading just
>> about every post in this group for a very long time,
>
> See? lol
>
> and nobody
>> had ever said anything bad about Lyn's son. It's a lie. So
>> Cheryl can post proof or be recognized as the liar she is.
>
> Reading comprehension problems abound with you.

And your inability to resist taking all forms of BAIT is you problem,
Cheryl.

Message has been deleted

Mary

Jun 19, 2005, 12:35:44 AM6/19/05

"Nomen Nescio" <Use-Author-Supplied-Address-Header@[127.1]> wrote in message

> From: "Philip" <1chip-...@earthlink.net>
>
> >And your inability to resist taking all forms of BAIT is you problem,
> >Cheryl.
>
> And you, Philip, are the master baiter in this group.

lol .... low five

lowwwww

five

:)

Rhonda

Jun 19, 2005, 1:19:44 AM6/19/05
Also, what people don't like about themselves, usually subconsciously --
they can't stand to see in others. And it has nothing to do with
intelligence.

Other people are quite often mirrors of ourselves.

Rhonda

Meghan Noecker

Jun 19, 2005, 2:34:53 AM6/19/05

Nah, I was just right back at you what you did to Kelly. You got in
her case saying that she was only one, and didn't speak for all. And
then you referred to *A* seller as if that was typical.

Your statement is above, and I will repeat it.

> Many people share your fears. But to a seller, "unverified" raises
> the "flake potential" flag.

You did not refer to yourself. You made it a general statement. And
you are not qualified to make such a statement.

Philip

Jun 19, 2005, 4:30:34 AM6/19/05

> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 18:53:36 GMT, "Philip"
> <1chip-...@earthlink.net> wrote:
snip

>> Many people share your fears. But to a seller, "unverified" raises
>> the "flake potential" flag.
>
> You did not refer to yourself. You made it a general statement. And
> you are not qualified to make such a statement.
>
> --
> Meghan & the Zoo Crew
> Equine and Pet Photography
> http://www.zoocrewphoto.com

A general statement yes, and I am fully qualified to say it.

Since this is now fully "off topic", I'll let you have the last word.

It is loading more messages.