my Casey is gone

1 view

yepp

Dec 3, 2007, 5:42:54 PM12/3/07
He was 12 and his kidneys failed. It was very very hard to let him
go. He was put to sleep at 2:30. I am home with Bobby who is looking
for him.

His blood test came back with the highest numbers the vet has ever
seen and she told me his kidneys were not functioning at all. He would
not survive Sub-Q injections given at home. They could have given him
lots of liquids, antibiotics and other drugs through an intravenous
tube at the hospital for 3 days and sent him home but she told me he
wouldn't have lasted 3 days off of them at home. So, I was in shock
and started to cry on the phone.

The vet cried when she saw me too. I held him when they gave him the
shot. Which at first didn't work because he has no liquids in his
body, so they came around with another bigger shot that put him in a
coma and then his heart stopped. I was holding his paw when he let go.

Thank you for all the vibes and wishes, but Casey is now on his way to
the Bridge. He will greet me and Bobby someday when we come over and I
will see him again.

I did have the last 2 weeks off work and spent time with him. He ate
Thanksgiving turkey. He got to go outside and walk around following me
the entire length of the building and back, and yesterday in the rain
and sleet, I held him on the balcony to watch the trees and squirrels.
At least we had the last 2 weeks together.

Daniel Mahoney

Dec 3, 2007, 5:45:59 PM12/3/07
> I did have the last 2 weeks off work and spent time with him. He ate
> Thanksgiving turkey. He got to go outside and walk around following me
> the entire length of the building and back, and yesterday in the rain
> and sleet, I held him on the balcony to watch the trees and squirrels.
> At least we had the last 2 weeks together.

I am so very sorry. We're sending our purrs that your heart heals quickly.

You gave him the best gift anyone could - a life of love, and an end
knowing that he was loved.

Dan

Victor Martinez

Dec 3, 2007, 5:51:10 PM12/3/07
yepp wrote:
> At least we had the last 2 weeks together.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam here: u...@ftc.gov

Joy

Dec 3, 2007, 6:08:20 PM12/3/07
"yepp" <yepp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

((((((((yepp))))))))

You made his last days happier and released him before his suffering got
worse.

Joy

yepp

Dec 3, 2007, 6:12:46 PM12/3/07
On Dec 3, 6:08 pm, "Joy" <toas...@real-me.net> wrote:
> "yepp" <yepph...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Thank you Joy and everyone else. This has been the hardest and worst
day. When he was going to sleep I whispered in his ear about the
Rainbow Bridge because I would love for this to be a reality. I told
him to cross over and wait for me and Bobby. That he would meet other
friends there and be healthy and happy once again. He nuzzled closer
to my body and made a noise like a trill only softer and deeper. I
hope he is at the Bridge. I want to believe in that today.

Matthew

Dec 3, 2007, 6:19:14 PM12/3/07
I am so sorry

Granby

Dec 3, 2007, 6:21:06 PM12/3/07
I am so sorry for you. I still remember when Scooter let go. We do what we
must for them but it still hurts. I hold my other three cats so much they
are going to hate me..

bastX...@sonic.net

Dec 3, 2007, 6:28:46 PM12/3/07
yepp <yepp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> He was 12 and his kidneys failed. It was very very hard to let him
> go. He was put to sleep at 2:30. I am home with Bobby who is looking
> for him.

I'm so sorry. What a painful time for you, and it sounds like for Bobby,
too. Purrs for all of you.

Joyce

Shiral

Dec 3, 2007, 6:29:20 PM12/3/07

I'm so sorry, yepp. I've felt that pain too--almost everyone here has
had to say farewell to a beloved cat. It will get easier, even if not
right away. You did the best thing for Casey, to end his suffering.
I'm sure he's waiting for you with great love.

Melissa

Lorna

Dec 3, 2007, 6:33:40 PM12/3/07

"yepp" <yepp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I did have the last 2 weeks off work and spent time with him. He ate
> Thanksgiving turkey. He got to go outside and walk around following me
> the entire length of the building and back, and yesterday in the rain
> and sleet, I held him on the balcony to watch the trees and squirrels.
> At least we had the last 2 weeks together.

I am so very sorry. You made the right decision but I know it hurts clear
through. Had basically the same experience with my Missy cat 15 years ago
and it still hurts despite having 2 lovely/rowdy kitties presently.
Lorna (Chessie & Nikki)

yepp

Dec 3, 2007, 6:36:47 PM12/3/07

Thank you Melissa and everyone else. I know it was felt when I was
with Casey at the end. He was a very affectionate cat and
demonstrated that daily.

I would not have missed that moment at the end which I said I didn't
want to witness. He sort of cuddled in my chest and made trills like
he was scared, so I am glad I was with him at the end. Something I
told the vet I didn't want to witness, but that was the ending for me
and Casey and I would not have missed that for anything now.

Christina Websell

Dec 3, 2007, 6:55:47 PM12/3/07

"yepp" <yepp...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> He was 12 and his kidneys failed. It was very very hard to let him
> go. He was put to sleep at 2:30. I am home with Bobby who is looking
> for him.
<the rest snipped, but read with respect>

You did everything possible. A candle will be lit here in England to light
his way. It will be a green one "mistletoe scented."
I am so sorry for your loss.

Tweed

yepp

Dec 3, 2007, 7:02:23 PM12/3/07
On Dec 3, 6:55 pm, "Christina Websell"
<spamf...@tinawebsell.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote:
> "yepp" <yepph...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Thank you. That means so much to me I started to cry again. Thank
you Tweed.

leopard...@yahoo.co.uk

Dec 3, 2007, 7:04:53 PM12/3/07
> I did have the last 2 weeks off work and spent time with him. He ate
> Thanksgiving turkey. He got to go outside and walk around following me
> the entire length of the building and back, and yesterday in the rain
> and sleet, I held him on the balcony to watch the trees and squirrels.
> At least we had the last 2 weeks together.

I'm so very sorry to hear this. It is so very hard to let a beloved
friend go with dignity.
We're sending purrs and have lit a candle for his safe journey.

{{{HUGS}}}

Helen M

Message has been deleted

blkcatgal

Dec 3, 2007, 7:25:41 PM12/3/07
I am so sorry for your loss.

Sue

Matthew

Dec 3, 2007, 7:36:14 PM12/3/07

I usually post this for someone who has lost a beloved master and friend.
Every time I hear that someone has lost their master. It breaks my heart.
Once again I am so sorry for your loss. So many master have crossed this
year. I have shed more tears this year than I can remember

IF TEARS COULD BUILD A STAIRWAY

If tears could build a stairway.
and memories a lane.
I would walk right up to Heaven
and bring you back again.

No farewell words were spoken
No time to say "Goodbye."
You were gone before I knew it.
and only Gods knows why.

My heart still aches with sadness.
and secret tears still flow.
What it meant to love you-
No one can ever know.

But now I know you want me
to mourn for you no more:
To remember all the happy times.
life still has much in store

Since you'll never be forgotten.
I pledge to you today-
A hollowed place within my heart.
is where you will always stay.

Author unknown

Rainbow Bridge Revised

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet
goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run
and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine,and our friends are warm and
comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor;
those who were hurt or maimed aremade whole and strong again, just as we
remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy
and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special
to them, whom had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops
and looks into the distance. Their bright eyes are intent; Their eager
bodies quiver. Suddenly they begin to run from the group, flying over the
green grass, Their legs carrying them faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friends finally meet,
you cling together in joyous reunion, never
to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face;your hands again
caress their beloved head, and you look
once more into the trusting eyes of your friends, so longgone from your life
but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

*** "And nothing but peace and the love of your Dear Friends"****
* Author Unknown of the original poem a few lines have been changed *
*** This should be added ***

****"Always remember We will be there even if you can't see us.
We are always Watching and Waiting. That cool puff of air you
feel across your cheek, that fleeting touch, the feeling you have
that I was walking across your bed, that moment you swear you can
hear us, that flicker of movement out of the corner of your eye.
Is just our way of saying I love you and I am with you always even
in the darkest time We Will Always Be There. Till our paws touch again
always know we love you and cherished our special time together"***

Ending and revision Added By: ( No More Retail AKA Matthew )

yepp

Dec 3, 2007, 7:40:01 PM12/3/07

thank you.

jmcquown

Dec 3, 2007, 7:47:24 PM12/3/07
yepp wrote:
> He was 12 and his kidneys failed. It was very very hard to let him
> go. He was put to sleep at 2:30. I am home with Bobby who is looking
> for him.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Purrs for your broken heart (and for
Bobby's). I'm glad you got to spend the last two weeks with him.

Jill

yepp

Dec 3, 2007, 7:54:12 PM12/3/07

thank you Jill

Karen

Dec 3, 2007, 9:31:40 PM12/3/07

Oh I am so sorry to hear this. ((((hugs)))))

Christine Burel

Dec 3, 2007, 9:51:19 PM12/3/07
my heart goes out to you -- huge purrs for Casey's trip to RB and also for
your poor heart --
Christine

Marina

Dec 3, 2007, 10:52:51 PM12/3/07
yepp wrote:
> He was 12 and his kidneys failed. It was very very hard to let him
> go. He was put to sleep at 2:30. I am home with Bobby who is looking
> for him.

I am so sorry. Our condolences and most soothing purrs. It's so hard to
let them go. I'm glad you had those two last weeks with him, though.

sam

Dec 3, 2007, 11:07:39 PM12/3/07
yepp wrote:

> I did have the last 2 weeks off work and spent time with him. He ate
> Thanksgiving turkey. He got to go outside and walk around following me
> the entire length of the building and back, and yesterday in the rain
> and sleet, I held him on the balcony to watch the trees and squirrels.
> At least we had the last 2 weeks together.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Lighting a candle for Casey's passage and
sending comfort purrs to you.

Sam

Inge Grotjahn

Dec 4, 2007, 1:00:21 AM12/4/07
Am 03.12.2007 schrieb yepp:

> He was 12 and his kidneys failed. It was very very hard to let him
> go. He was put to sleep at 2:30.

I'm so sorry to read about your loss:-( Purrs are coming over for
Casey to find the bridge easily and for your aching heart to comfort.

Purrs from
Inge and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge

Yowie

Dec 4, 2007, 1:32:09 AM12/4/07
"yepp" <yepp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I'm so so sorry. I'm glad you had those two weeks together, but feel for
your loss.

What a sad sad year this has been.

Yowie

Gandalf

Dec 4, 2007, 3:46:27 AM12/4/07
On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 14:42:54 -0800 (PST), yepp <yepp...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>He was 12 and his kidneys failed. It was very very hard to let him
>go. He was put to sleep at 2:30. I am home with Bobby who is looking
>for him.
>
>His blood test came back with the highest numbers the vet has ever
>seen and she told me his kidneys were not functioning at all. He would
>not survive Sub-Q injections given at home. They could have given him
>lots of liquids, antibiotics and other drugs through an intravenous
>tube at the hospital for 3 days and sent him home but she told me he
>wouldn't have lasted 3 days off of them at home. So, I was in shock
>and started to cry on the phone.
>
>The vet cried when she saw me too. I held him when they gave him the
>shot. Which at first didn't work because he has no liquids in his
>body, so they came around with another bigger shot that put him in a
>coma and then his heart stopped. I was holding his paw when he let go.
>
>Thank you for all the vibes and wishes, but Casey is now on his way to
>the Bridge. He will greet me and Bobby someday when we come over and I
>will see him again.
>
>I did have the last 2 weeks off work and spent time with him. He ate
>Thanksgiving turkey. He got to go outside and walk around following me
>the entire length of the building and back, and yesterday in the rain
>and sleet, I held him on the balcony to watch the trees and squirrels.
>At least we had the last 2 weeks together.

I'm so very sorry to learn that your Casey has gone to the Bridge.

It is very unfair that he went to the Bridge at such a young age.

It is so very sad that we are destined to outlive our wonderful kitties,
but you should had a least a few more years with him :-(

I am very glad that you got to spend those precious last two weeks with
him; many people don't get that chance.

I have a very special glass candle holder in the shape of a sleeping
cat. The cat is curled around where the candle goes.

I have lit a candle for Casey; it will burn all night long, and into the
morning.

Please accept my deepest sympathy on the tragic loss of Casey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Adrian A

Dec 4, 2007, 5:43:42 AM12/4/07
yepp wrote:
> He was 12 and his kidneys failed. It was very very hard to let him
> go. He was put to sleep at 2:30. I am home with Bobby who is looking
> for him.

I'm so terribly sorry. :-( I've lit a candle for Casey, hugs and purrs for
all who loved him.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Lesley via CatKB.com

Dec 4, 2007, 6:56:40 AM12/4/07
yepp wrote:
>He was 12 and his kidneys failed. It was very very hard to let him
>go. He was put to sleep at 2:30. I am home with Bobby who is looking
>for him.

Purrs for you and Bobby

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Message has been deleted

Bettina

Dec 4, 2007, 7:58:05 AM12/4/07
On 3 Dez., 23:42, yepp <yepph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> He was 12 and his kidneys failed. It was very very hard to let him
> go. He was put to sleep at 2:30. I am home with Bobby who is looking
> for him.
>
> His blood test came back with the highest numbers the vet has ever
> seen and she told me his kidneys were not functioning at all. He would
> not survive Sub-Q injections given at home. They could have given him
> lots of liquids, antibiotics and other drugs through an intravenous
> tube at the hospital for 3 days and sent him home but she told me he
> wouldn't have lasted 3 days off of them at home. So, I was in shock
> and started to cry on the phone.
>
> The vet cried when she saw me too. I held him when they gave him the
> shot. Which at first didn't work because he has no liquids in his
> body, so they came around with another bigger shot that put him in a
> coma and then his heart stopped. I was holding his paw when he let go.
>
> Thank you for all the vibes and wishes, but Casey is now on his way to
> the Bridge. He will greet me and Bobby someday when we come over and I
> will see him again.
>
> I did have the last 2 weeks off work and spent time with him. He ate
> Thanksgiving turkey. He got to go outside and walk around following me
> the entire length of the building and back, and yesterday in the rain
> and sleet, I held him on the balcony to watch the trees and squirrels.
> At least we had the last 2 weeks together.

This is so hard to bear. Hugs and purrs from us here.
How good of you to have been together with him all the way.
This is one of the hardest duties.
We all are so blessed to be accompanied by our beloved furballs.
Even it is only for some years.

hugs
Bettina

Charleen Welton

Dec 4, 2007, 8:27:36 AM12/4/07
Yours and Casey's is a beautiful love story. Purrs to your hurting heart and
may plesasant memories heal it over time.
--
Charleen
Aggie Marble, Victor Velcro

CatNipped

Dec 4, 2007, 9:38:33 AM12/4/07
I am so sorry to hear that - I know how it hurts right now, but you gave
your baby the last gift we can (and the one that costs us the most). Purrs
are on their way to help heal your breaking hearts, and a candle will be lit
tonight to help Casey on his way to the Bridge.

Hugs,

CatNipped

GaDragonfly

Dec 4, 2007, 9:52:26 AM12/4/07
Purrs and prayers and gentle headbutts to you and Bobby that your
heart heals and Bobby accepts his brofur isn't just around the corner
waiting to pounce. I have lit a candle to help guide Casey on his
journey to the Bridge.

Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Micha

Dec 4, 2007, 12:20:43 PM12/4/07
On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 14:42:54 -0800 (PST) yepp wrote:

> He was 12 and his kidneys failed. It was very very hard to let him
> go. He was put to sleep at 2:30. I am home with Bobby who is looking
> for him.

[snip]

Our sincere condolences. Some weeks ago we had to let go our Blacky
(about 12y as well) due to the same reason, so we know exactly how you
feel.

Sincerely, Michael
--
Square Dance is friendship put to music
Andrea and Michael with tomcat Merlin

Ginger-lyn

Dec 4, 2007, 1:04:42 PM12/4/07
yepp wrote:
> He was 12 and his kidneys failed. It was very very hard to let him
> go. He was put to sleep at 2:30. I am home with Bobby who is looking
> for him.
>
> His blood test came back with the highest numbers the vet has ever
> seen and she told me his kidneys were not functioning at all. He would
> not survive Sub-Q injections given at home. They could have given him
> lots of liquids, antibiotics and other drugs through an intravenous
> tube at the hospital for 3 days and sent him home but she told me he
> wouldn't have lasted 3 days off of them at home. So, I was in shock
> and started to cry on the phone.
>
> The vet cried when she saw me too. I held him when they gave him the
> shot. Which at first didn't work because he has no liquids in his
> body, so they came around with another bigger shot that put him in a
> coma and then his heart stopped. I was holding his paw when he let go.
>
> Thank you for all the vibes and wishes, but Casey is now on his way to
> the Bridge. He will greet me and Bobby someday when we come over and I
> will see him again.
>
> I did have the last 2 weeks off work and spent time with him. He ate
> Thanksgiving turkey. He got to go outside and walk around following me
> the entire length of the building and back, and yesterday in the rain
> and sleet, I held him on the balcony to watch the trees and squirrels.
> At least we had the last 2 weeks together.

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}

I am so sorry. I know how terribly hard this must be for you, and the
time of year makes it even harder to bear.

I'm so glad you had those last two weeks, and did everything you could
together that was sweet and joyous.

My heart goes out to you. Gentle purrs for your heart to heal, and for
Casey on his journey to The Bridge.

Ginger-lyn

--
Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com

Will in New Haven

Dec 4, 2007, 1:10:51 PM12/4/07
On Dec 3, 6:12 pm, yepp <yepph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 3, 6:08 pm, "Joy" <toas...@real-me.net> wrote:
>

> > "yepp" <yepph...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > He was 12 and his kidneys failed. It was very very hard to let him
> > > go. He was put to sleep at 2:30. I am home with Bobby who is looking
> > > for him.
>
> > > His blood test came back with the highest numbers the vet has ever
> > > seen and she told me his kidneys were not functioning at all. He would
> > > not survive Sub-Q injections given at home. They could have given him
> > > lots of liquids, antibiotics and other drugs through an intravenous
> > > tube at the hospital for 3 days and sent him home but she told me he
> > > wouldn't have lasted 3 days off of them at home. So, I was in shock
> > > and started to cry on the phone.
>
> > > The vet cried when she saw me too. I held him when they gave him the
> > > shot. Which at first didn't work because he has no liquids in his
> > > body, so they came around with another bigger shot that put him in a
> > > coma and then his heart stopped. I was holding his paw when he let go.
>
> > > Thank you for all the vibes and wishes, but Casey is now on his way to
> > > the Bridge. He will greet me and Bobby someday when we come over and I
> > > will see him again.
>
> > > I did have the last 2 weeks off work and spent time with him. He ate
> > > Thanksgiving turkey. He got to go outside and walk around following me
> > > the entire length of the building and back, and yesterday in the rain
> > > and sleet, I held him on the balcony to watch the trees and squirrels.
> > > At least we had the last 2 weeks together.
>
> > ((((((((yepp))))))))
>
> > You made his last days happier and released him before his suffering got
> > worse.
>
> > Joy
>
> Thank you Joy and everyone else. This has been the hardest and worst
> day. When he was going to sleep I whispered in his ear about the
> Rainbow Bridge because I would love for this to be a reality. I told
> him to cross over and wait for me and Bobby. That he would meet other
> friends there and be healthy and happy once again. He nuzzled closer
> to my body and made a noise like a trill only softer and deeper. I
> hope he is at the Bridge. I want to believe in that today.

You sent him away from pain and weakness, perhaps to the Rainbow
Bridge, perhaps on an adventure we cannot even imagine. You did this
at great cost to yourself and without a thought other than for his
well-being. Before that, you gave him years of care and love and, as
we all do for our cats, amusement at your odd uncatlike antics. He is
undoubtedly grateful and would want you to be comforted. With you and
the household he left behind, I mourn. For the little fellow himself,
I have high hopes for a great future. Free of pain and full of
interesting things to do while waiting for his pals and his special
human.

All our purrs for you and yours.

Will in New Haven

Steve Touchstone

Dec 4, 2007, 2:45:29 PM12/4/07
so sorry to her of your loss. Purrs enroute and lighting a candle to

guide Casey on his journey

wrote:

>He was 12 and his kidneys failed. It was very very hard to let him
>go. He was put to sleep at 2:30. I am home with Bobby who is looking
>for him.
>
>His blood test came back with the highest numbers the vet has ever
>seen and she told me his kidneys were not functioning at all. He would
>not survive Sub-Q injections given at home. They could have given him
>lots of liquids, antibiotics and other drugs through an intravenous
>tube at the hospital for 3 days and sent him home but she told me he
>wouldn't have lasted 3 days off of them at home. So, I was in shock
>and started to cry on the phone.
>
>The vet cried when she saw me too. I held him when they gave him the
>shot. Which at first didn't work because he has no liquids in his
>body, so they came around with another bigger shot that put him in a
>coma and then his heart stopped. I was holding his paw when he let go.
>
>Thank you for all the vibes and wishes, but Casey is now on his way to
>the Bridge. He will greet me and Bobby someday when we come over and I
>will see him again.
>
>I did have the last 2 weeks off work and spent time with him. He ate
>Thanksgiving turkey. He got to go outside and walk around following me
>the entire length of the building and back, and yesterday in the rain
>and sleet, I held him on the balcony to watch the trees and squirrels.
>At least we had the last 2 weeks together.

--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit, Spot,
Princess and Furby
with loving memories of Rocky (RB)

Irulan

Dec 4, 2007, 4:07:46 PM12/4/07
We have lit a candle for Casey's safe journey to the RB.
Condolences to you and yours.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Helen Wheels

Dec 4, 2007, 4:45:00 PM12/4/07
I'm so sorry. We'll be sending purrs and good thoughts. I wish there was
something I could say that would ease the pain.

Baha via CatKB.com

Dec 4, 2007, 10:54:31 PM12/4/07
yepp wrote:
>He was 12 and his kidneys failed. It was very very hard to let him
>go. He was put to sleep at 2:30. I am home with Bobby who is looking
>for him.

Purrs for you both.

You were there for Casey so his last memory of this place is you, giving him
love and comfort as you did one of the most heroic things a being can do for
a loved one. He'll be thanking you for such love when you meet again, and
Bobby and you both may feel a gentle whisper from the heavens: CAsey, saying
he loves you.

Blessed be,
Baha

lewe

Dec 5, 2007, 3:53:53 AM12/5/07
so sorry about your loss
purrs from Thea & Bono
Lena
--
lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se |

"yepp" <yepp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> He was 12 and his kidneys failed. It was very very hard to let him
> go. He was put to sleep at 2:30. I am home with Bobby who is looking
> for him.

yepp

Dec 5, 2007, 9:31:56 AM12/5/07
On Dec 3, 5:42 pm, yepp <yepph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> He was 12 and his kidneys failed. It was very very hard to let him
> go. He was put to sleep at 2:30. I am home with Bobby who is looking
> for him.
>
> His blood test came back with the highest numbers the vet has ever
> seen and she told me his kidneys were not functioning at all. He would
> not survive Sub-Q injections given at home. They could have given him
> lots of liquids, antibiotics and other drugs through an intravenous
> tube at the hospital for 3 days and sent him home but she told me he
> wouldn't have lasted 3 days off of them at home. So, I was in shock
> and started to cry on the phone.
>
> The vet cried when she saw me too. I held him when they gave him the
> shot. Which at first didn't work because he has no liquids in his
> body, so they came around with another bigger shot that put him in a
> coma and then his heart stopped. I was holding his paw when he let go.
>
> Thank you for all the vibes and wishes, but Casey is now on his way to
> the Bridge. He will greet me and Bobby someday when we come over and I
> will see him again.
>
> I did have the last 2 weeks off work and spent time with him. He ate
> Thanksgiving turkey. He got to go outside and walk around following me
> the entire length of the building and back, and yesterday in the rain
> and sleet, I held him on the balcony to watch the trees and squirrels.
> At least we had the last 2 weeks together.

Just wanted to thank you all for your prayers, good thoughts and
heartfelt messages. Thank you for comforting me and Bobby. Thank you
for the candles lit to guide the way for Casey to the Bridge. It has
been hard for me. This was the first time I've been through this and
it wasn't expected. I thought they would just give him fluids and
maybe a prescription. They mentioned I may have to give him
injections at home but many cats live a year longer like that and so
many people do that. I didn't expect to hear he was so ill and the
vet said it was surprising he was even alive this long. Casey hid his
illness well.

Bobby is looking around for Case. Everytime he hears a noise, he runs
to see if it is him. He calls for him and now seems just depressed.
I will take extra steps to spend quality time alone with Bobby and
help him through this time too. He knew something was wrong with
Casey. He had been "caring" for him the last 2 weeks. He would lie
next to him and groom him. He spent hours and hours just laying with
Casey on the bed when normally he would have been out in the living
room with me on the sofa.

Casey was my shadow and everytime I went to the kitchen, he was
underfoot. Open the fridge, and his nose was poking around. Go to
the bathroom, and he would follow and sit with you. He begged to be
fed everyday at 4:30. He would anxiously attack his food like he
always did, although he was only eating a few kibble instead of 12 the
vet said later. He kept up his routines right up to the end. So, I
really notice he is gone and it will take forever to get used to him
not being there.

Thanks for your words of comfort. We got some snow today and I found
out his ashes will be scattered today in the snow. His ashes will be
scattered in a wild flower field they tell me and with the snow to
blanket it, I think I can live with that.

yepp

Dec 5, 2007, 9:32:35 AM12/5/07
On Dec 4, 3:46 am, g.gand...@lycos.com (Gandalf) wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 14:42:54 -0800 (PST), yepp <yepph...@gmail.com>
> -Buddha- Hide quoted text -

Oh, thank you so much! That's lovely.

yepp

Dec 5, 2007, 9:34:15 AM12/5/07

Sorry to read about Blacky Michael. It is more common than I
expected... this kidney thing. Many cats die from it. I think we
both got cheated though. 12 years was not enough time. My sincere
condolences on your loss.

bastX...@sonic.net

Dec 5, 2007, 1:52:48 PM12/5/07
yepp <yepp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It has
> been hard for me. This was the first time I've been through this and
> it wasn't expected. I thought they would just give him fluids and
> maybe a prescription. They mentioned I may have to give him
> injections at home but many cats live a year longer like that and so
> many people do that. I didn't expect to hear he was so ill and the
> vet said it was surprising he was even alive this long. Casey hid his
> illness well.

That's really a shock. If I had a cat his age, I would expect the same
thing. You really don't think you're going to hear that the cat is
pretty much at the end stage of CRF and it's time to put him down. I'm
so sorry.

> Bobby is looking around for Case. Everytime he hears a noise, he runs
> to see if it is him. He calls for him and now seems just depressed.

Oh, poor Bobby! And you can't explain to him what's going on. It must
break your heart to see that. He will recover pretty quickly, though,
probably even before you do. One blessing of a short memory!

> Casey was my shadow and everytime I went to the kitchen, he was
> underfoot. Open the fridge, and his nose was poking around. Go to
> the bathroom, and he would follow and sit with you. He begged to be
> fed everyday at 4:30. He would anxiously attack his food like he
> always did, although he was only eating a few kibble instead of 12 the
> vet said later. He kept up his routines right up to the end. So, I
> really notice he is gone and it will take forever to get used to him
> not being there.

It's certainly a big loss, especially of a cat who followed you
everywhere. He sounds like he was a real sweetheart.

Purrs,
Joyce

Monique Y. Mudama

Dec 6, 2007, 2:03:22 PM12/6/07
On 2007-12-03, yepp penned:

> He was 12 and his kidneys failed. It was very very hard to let him
> go. He was put to sleep at 2:30. I am home with Bobby who is
> looking for him.

I am so sorry. It sounds like you made the right decision.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

polonca12000

Dec 10, 2007, 5:21:59 PM12/10/07
yepp wrote:
> He was 12 and his kidneys failed. It was very very hard to let him
> go. He was put to sleep at 2:30. I am home with Bobby who is looking
> for him.
>
> His blood test came back with the highest numbers the vet has ever
> seen and she told me his kidneys were not functioning at all. He would
> not survive Sub-Q injections given at home. They could have given him
> lots of liquids, antibiotics and other drugs through an intravenous
> tube at the hospital for 3 days and sent him home but she told me he
> wouldn't have lasted 3 days off of them at home. So, I was in shock
> and started to cry on the phone.
>
> The vet cried when she saw me too. I held him when they gave him the
> shot. Which at first didn't work because he has no liquids in his
> body, so they came around with another bigger shot that put him in a
> coma and then his heart stopped. I was holding his paw when he let go.
>
> Thank you for all the vibes and wishes, but Casey is now on his way to
> the Bridge. He will greet me and Bobby someday when we come over and I
> will see him again.
>
> I did have the last 2 weeks off work and spent time with him. He ate
> Thanksgiving turkey. He got to go outside and walk around following me
> the entire length of the building and back, and yesterday in the rain
> and sleet, I held him on the balcony to watch the trees and squirrels.
> At least we had the last 2 weeks together.

I'm so very sorry.
Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek