Aim and Jasper

Tektor

Jun 10, 2002, 6:35:32 PM6/10/02
This is to let everyone know that Aim has gone in to the
vets to say goodbye to Jasper. It turns out the mass was
cancer throughout his liver and pancreas. They closed him
up and brought him back out of surgery so that Aim could
come in and say goodbye to him. Aim remained optimistic all
the way up to the time they called her with the news, so I
know this was a huge shock for her. We had talked shortly
before the surgery and the hope was that it was a fatty
tumor on the liver.

If you do Yahoo Chat, please come by this evening, as I hope
Aim will be there part of the time. We will be giving her a
chance to take her mind off of things as well as a chance to
talk about everything she needs to talk about. I know she
appreciates everyones support and will write more about what
has happened when she gets home and gets her stuff
together. I just wanted to let everyone know very quickly.

Bridget - who is crying and isn't quite sure exactly why

Denise Van Dyke

Jun 10, 2002, 6:43:50 PM6/10/02
Tektor wrote:

It's because we care, Bridget. If I weren't at work, I would be crying
as well. (And frightening Brenna, who can't quite figure out that when
I'm all emotional about something that it's not her fault.)

- Denise

s.holland2

Jun 10, 2002, 6:37:02 PM6/10/02
"Tektor" <tek...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Thanks for posting this Bridget, I'm off to sleep now (well it is
11.35pm here) so I won't have a chance to chat with you all later.
Could someone give Aim some very big (((((hugs))))) and purrs from me
and the cats .

How is Tony now ?
--
Shirley
see my cat pictures at

Byron & Christine Burel

Jun 10, 2002, 6:49:30 PM6/10/02

"Tektor" <tek...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

As my daughter put it when I told her, "It's just not fair." Teary here
too -- will try to be in chat later. Btw,
makes me even more determined to see Aim be able to get Alex's transport to
her new home taken care of.

:(
Christine

jepo

Jun 10, 2002, 7:02:03 PM6/10/02
what an awful day.

crying,
Jen.

GraceCat

Jun 9, 2002, 7:05:11 PM6/9/02
I just hung up with Aim at the vets. She's understandably not in a good
place (that goes without saying). The update straight from the office
is they're determining whether to do it tonight, or in the morning. I
assume, she wanted him aware of her presence. (?)

Bless her heart, she's got loads of purrs and prayers from Louisiana

Grace

Victor M. Martinez

Jun 10, 2002, 7:05:07 PM6/10/02
Tektor <tek...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>Bridget - who is crying and isn't quite sure exactly why

I'm crying too. I'll be there tonight to offer my support. I'm sure Quetzie
will give Jasper the grand tour when they meet at the Bridge tonight. They'll
get along just fine, I know.

Regards.

--
Victor M. Martinez, Jr. | The University of Texas at Austin
mar...@che.utexas.edu | Department of Chemical Engineering

fuga

Jun 10, 2002, 7:34:11 PM6/10/02
Grace,

Thanks for the update. You got me crying again, I just stopped about 10
mins ago.

Sharon

Karen

Jun 10, 2002, 7:56:08 PM6/10/02
in article ae3bb3$qhb$1...@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu, Victor M. Martinez at
mar...@che.utexas.edu wrote on 6/10/02 6:05 PM:

> Tektor <tek...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> Bridget - who is crying and isn't quite sure exactly why
>
> I'm crying too. I'll be there tonight to offer my support. I'm sure Quetzie
> will give Jasper the grand tour when they meet at the Bridge tonight. They'll
> get along just fine, I know.
>
> Regards.

I can't join you guys in chat tonight but I have written Aim. Please give
her my best wishes. I cannot say how terrible I feel. It really and truly is
not fair. It never is :(

karen

Liz Pauley

Jun 10, 2002, 8:10:09 PM6/10/02
I'm sooo sad..... for her and Jasper...this brings back all the HORRIBLENESS
of my losing Steffin to cancer back on October 20, 2000.....so I Knoooow
she's really hurting....it just hurts my heart!...A Sad Liz goes to hug on
all her kitties:-(Liz

Irulan

Jun 10, 2002, 8:23:49 PM6/10/02
I have no words to say.
Jazz & his mama

--
Irulan
from now until the end of time

sheenah

Jun 10, 2002, 8:26:14 PM6/10/02

"Denise Van Dyke" <dmv...@open.org> wrote in message

> Tektor wrote:
>
> > This is to let everyone know that Aim has gone in to the
> > vets to say goodbye to Jasper.

<snip>

Right now, words cannot express the sadness I feel for Aim.

Please let her know that I am thinking of her.

God bless Jasper.

Sheenah

Tish

Jun 10, 2002, 8:27:45 PM6/10/02
Poor, poor Aim. What a horrible shock. I don't know what to say. I
shall give our kitties an extra special hug tonight in memory of sweet
Jasper and think of all the hurt and pain that Aim is feeling right
now. I wish this had never happened.

hugs,
Tish

>"Tektor" <tek...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> This is to let everyone know that Aim has gone in to the
>> vets to say goodbye to Jasper. It turns out the mass was
>> cancer throughout his liver and pancreas. They closed him
>> up and brought him back out of surgery so that Aim could
>> come in and say goodbye to him. Aim remained optimistic all
>> the way up to the time they called her with the news, so I
>> know this was a huge shock for her. We had talked shortly
>> before the surgery and the hope was that it was a fatty
>> tumor on the liver.

You can never out-stubborn a cat - Robert Heinlein

Tanada

Jun 10, 2002, 8:32:04 PM6/10/02

"Tektor" <tek...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> This is to let everyone know that Aim has gone in to the
> vets to say goodbye to Jasper

Please let AIM know how sorry we are for her and for Jasper. The Rainbow
Bridge is gaining a new and wonderful star, and we're losing a well loved
and loving friend. He will be missed by us all.

Pam S.

Becky Ratliff

Jun 10, 2002, 10:13:12 PM6/10/02

{{{{{Aim}}}}} My heart goes out to you. Fluff, Rascal, Tag and
Muffin will be waiting for Jasper at the RB. It hurts, it hurts so
bad, but in time the hole they leave in your heart only makes room for
more love. Email or call if I can help.

Becky Ratliff

Marina

Jun 11, 2002, 12:15:30 AM6/11/02
{{{Aim}}} Please accept my sincere condolences. This should not have
happened to Jasper or you. The cats are purring for you.

--
Marina (whose computer froze when she tried to be there for Aim)

fuga

Jun 11, 2002, 1:10:53 AM6/11/02
Aim,

I am very sorry about Jasper. Words cannot convey the sadness I feel. You
did a wonderful job holding strong for Jasper today. You were with him
during the most important times. You provided him a wonderful and loving
home. I will be thinking of you and Jasper. If there is anything I can do
to help please let me know.

Purrs & Lots of Hugs,

Sharon, Fuga, Java, & Mischa

Debbie Maizels

Jun 11, 2002, 2:59:12 AM6/11/02
What a terrible shock for you - we're so sorry for you and for Jasper. I
was following your posts hoping for good news. Big purrs are coming from
us all here.
(((((((((Aim))))))))))
Deb.
--
Y! diatomdeb :: 0°07'W 51°18'N :: www.scientific-art.com

Gandalf

Jun 11, 2002, 12:16:56 AM6/11/02
On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 22:35:32 GMT, Tektor <tek...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>This is to let everyone know that Aim has gone in to the
>vets to say goodbye to Jasper. It turns out the mass was
>cancer throughout his liver and pancreas.

I am so very, very sorry to hear of Jasper passing to the Rainbow
Bridge.

I've felt that pain, twice in the past few years, and it can be
overwhelming. Some extra special purrs to help Aim through these tough
times are on the way. I just wish there was more I could do....

~~~~~~
Life without cats would be only marginally worth living.
T.C. and the unmercifully, relentlessly sweet calico kitty, Kenzie

Helen Wheels

Jun 11, 2002, 5:25:40 AM6/11/02
Tektor wrote:

> This is to let everyone know that Aim has gone in to the
> vets to say goodbye to Jasper.

So sorry to hear that.
HelenWheels

polonca12000

Jun 11, 2002, 5:08:06 AM6/11/02
I was hoping for a miracle. I cannot tell you how sorry I am for Jasper and
you, Aim. If there is anything we can do, please let us know.
We are thinking of you and hugging you in this sad time,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Tektor" <tek...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> This is to let everyone know that Aim has gone in to the

> vets to say goodbye to Jasper. <snip>

Jackie, Princess & Odie

Jun 11, 2002, 7:48:53 AM6/11/02
I'm so sorry, I have tears too as I read this.

jackie

TJ and The Udderly Flabby One

Jun 11, 2002, 11:32:34 AM6/11/02
Oh {{{{{Aim}}}}}, I am so sorry about Jasper.

Hugs and purrs,
TJ and Dusty

Cathi Martin

Jun 11, 2002, 1:22:10 PM6/11/02
In message <demagu88smjo6qrkq...@4ax.com>, Mark Edwards
<Medw...@attbi.com> writes

>Dear Aim,
>
>You have my deepest condolences. It is times like this, when a distant
>friend is hurting, that I wish I could be there in person to offer a
>hug and whatever meager consolations I am able.
>
>I cry for the loss of your beautiful Jasper.
What Mark says.

--
Cathi

purplefleacat

Jun 12, 2002, 9:09:01 AM6/12/02
Our thoughts are with you Aim, and Jasper

love and huggles

flea, tiggs and apes