Good-bye Hannah Eve (TW)

Tanada

Sep 14, 2004, 12:43:05 AM9/14/04
Two years ago, I wrote a welcome for a little girl. She was a much
loved and anticipated addition to this world. Today, as I write this,
my family mourns and my cats are purring to ease her trip to the rainbow
bridge. For those who don't know, the rainbow bridge is where our pets
go after this existence, to wait for their humans to join them.

What do you say to a young family after their sun leaves them? What to
you say to the mother, father, sister, and relatives to ease their pain?
How do you explain something so senseless and wrong as the loss of a
healthy little girl? You can't. All you can do is grieve with them and
pray for the loved ones to find peace and healing.

Good-bye Hannah Eve. You weren't here long enough. We never got to
hear about your first day of school, all the funny events of your life,
or send litter box offerings to anyone who would upset our little girl.
For you were our little girl.

You were one of a growing family of bare kittens loved by everyone in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes. You were loved for your sake as well as for
your parents. You were sweetness, sunshine, and the warmth of summer.
You were a little sister, cat friend, and beloved daughter. You were
loved by all of us, and will be missed by us all.

Hannah Eve
July 10, 2002 to September 12, 2004

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Sep 14, 2004, 1:45:49 AM9/14/04
Thanks for that Tanada.

I cry when I think of Eve and I cry for Grace.

Eve's obituary in the local press is at

http://www.thetowntalk.com/obituaries/

helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

Takayuki

Sep 14, 2004, 1:49:16 AM9/14/04

That's right - you did write that beautiful welcome for Eve, and it's
so sad that you now have to write a premature goodbye. Maybe you
could repost the welcome message? It was very poignant, even then.

Jo Firey

Sep 14, 2004, 1:44:55 AM9/14/04

"Tanada" <tan...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

I have a hard time crying when I need to. Today I really needed to. Thank
you for writing this so beautifully. Finally in tears

Jo

jXwXeXr...@sonic.net

Sep 14, 2004, 2:07:16 AM9/14/04
Tanada <tan...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> What do you say to a young family after their sun leaves them? What to
> you say to the mother, father, sister, and relatives to ease their pain?
> How do you explain something so senseless and wrong as the loss of a
> healthy little girl?

Now look what you've done - you've got me crying again.

This was beautifully written. Thanks, Pam.

Joyce

Tanada

Sep 14, 2004, 2:12:13 AM9/14/04

Takayuki wrote:

> That's right - you did write that beautiful welcome for Eve, and it's
> so sad that you now have to write a premature goodbye. Maybe you
> could repost the welcome message? It was very poignant, even then.

Here it is.

Dear Hannah Eve,

Welcome to the world. I don't know if any child born of a non celebrity
parent that was ever so eagerly looked forward to. You see, your mommy
loves cats. She loves cats so much that she goes onto the computer and
reads and posts messages to a cat news group called rec.pets.cats.anecdotes.
She loves you and your daddy and sister so much that when she found out that
she was pregnant with you, she told us all. And we love her so much, and
want her to have the best, that we celebrated with her and your daddy.
You've come into the world as a little girl with a big name and a bigger fan
club.

I remember how excited your mommy was when she told us that she was going to
give birth to you. One could feel the sun shining through her words and
feel her excitement. When you first moved and your mommy let us know, we
all rejoiced, you were alive and well. As you grew and became stronger, we
were there, teasing, encouraging, and hoping for the best for you, your
mommy, daddy and big sister Abi. We wrote words of encouragement and our
cats purred for you to be born healthy and strong. Cat purrs are not a
thing to be taken lightly.

People in Australia, New Zealand, England, Finland, Norway, Germany, Sweden,
Slovenia, Italy, and in most of the states of America have eagerly waited
for this moment. And now it's come. You're here. You're beautiful, with
dark hair and a proud but tired mommy and daddy. What can we tell you other
than welcome?

Well, enjoy your life. You have a great family and live with some wonderful
people.

Study and do well in school. Everyone will tell you this one, but it never
hurts to hear it over and over again. Good grades are the basis of your
future in life. Just remember that learning doesn't have to be hard or
boring. It can be a fun and fantastic process of discovery. You have smart
parents, you'll do well.

Always be kind to yourself as well as to others. Too many of us are
unfairly hard on ourselves, its easier than forgiving our mistakes and
trying not to make them again. That doesn't mean that you should never own
up to making mistakes or hurting others. Being kind doesn't mean that you
have to be irresponsible, just understand that you aren't and can't be
perfect. After all, making mistakes is part of learning.

Never think little of yourself. This means that you KNOW that no one has
the right hurt you or make you feel bad about yourself. You are a fine
person and anyone who hurts you will be greeted by a bag of dirty cat litter
sent by hundreds of cats from all over the world. Just let us know who and
what their mailing address is.

Love yourself as well as others. This means that you do your best to ignore
all those things that we tend to say to ourselves when we are unsure of
ourselves. Just remember that there is no such thing as too fat, thin,
tall, short, ugly, pretty, smart, stupid, selfish, selfless, or any of the
other self doubts we tend to bombard ourselves with on a daily basis.

Love animals. They don't do anything to be mean, it just seems like it at
times. The trust of an animal is never gained lightly, or given to just
anyone. Animals won't lie, cheat, belittle, flatter, or be anything but
honest. Most animals want to be friends, it's unkind people who make unkind
pets. Wild animals are wary for a good reason, and should be treated with
respect and a wariness of your own.

Have fun. That should say it all, but of course I've got to toss my
opinions in. Just be yourself and you'll have a good life. Trust your
parents and you can't go wrong. I know your mommy and I've met your daddy
online. They're fine people and they'll raise fine daughters.

Remember that all your honorary kitty and human uncles and aunts all over
the world love you and have eagerly awaited your arrival into this world.

Pam S. your honorary aunt in North Carolina, USA.

Yoj

Sep 14, 2004, 2:28:12 AM9/14/04
"Tanada" <tan...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Amen!

Joy

Yowie

Sep 14, 2004, 3:26:38 AM9/14/04
"Yoj" <joyga...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Amen.

Yowie
(I"m missing so many posts here at home, sorry for the piggyback)

---

Singh

Sep 14, 2004, 10:07:16 AM9/14/04
I know I'm the new kid on the block, but I feel like I've known this dear
child too and it's impossible not to cry along with the family, and along
with you all, as I read this.

No words could be better spoken, and no finer tribute than your words,
Tanada.

Blessed be.

Baha

CatNipped

Sep 14, 2004, 9:50:21 AM9/14/04
"Tanada" <tan...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
Oh my, crying again...

"If tears could build a stairway,
And memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven,
And bring you home again"

Hugs,

CatNipped

Singh

Sep 14, 2004, 10:36:33 AM9/14/04
Damn, I wish I'd known you guys sooner.

I hope every one of you who's got a kid, or will soon, will copy this for them.
It should be put on plaques and given for baby showers. What a lovely way to
welcome a new cub, and what wise words.

Blessed be,

Baha

SUQKRT

Sep 14, 2004, 12:51:49 PM9/14/04

In article <tFu1d.1050$n16...@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>, Tanada
<tan...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Hannah Eve
>July 10, 2002 to September 12, 2004

Thanks Pam. I remember the Yahoo chatter posting labor updates on Eve's birth.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Ginger-lyn Summer

Sep 14, 2004, 2:07:18 PM9/14/04
Thank you for this. So beautifully said.

Ginger-lyn

Irulan

Sep 14, 2004, 2:50:12 PM9/14/04
Amen. God bless
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Exocat

Sep 14, 2004, 3:21:07 PM9/14/04
Thank you for this wonderful post: much more than I (and many others I
suspect) could manage at this time, or ever.

And thanks too for the original "welcome Hannah Eve" post: most
moving.

Yours sadly & somewhat incoherently, but still purring as you are

Gordon & the TT

--
Feline family viewable at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/exocat

"Tanada" <tan...@earthlink.net> wrote

Flippy

Sep 14, 2004, 10:51:59 PM9/14/04
"Tanada" <tan...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

That was beautiful, Pam. Thank you.

Purrs,
Flippy.

---

Christine Burel

Sep 14, 2004, 11:46:16 PM9/14/04
Thank you, Pam.
Christine

gracecat

Sep 15, 2004, 12:12:43 AM9/15/04
Ours is engraved. Sam Nash had it done for us via Pam's permission. It's
always been treasured, and read many times. This is one of those most
treasured of all things, ever.

"Singh" <bah...@localnet.com> wrote in message

Seanette Blaylock

Sep 15, 2004, 1:41:42 AM9/15/04
"gracecat" <grac...@bellsouth.net> had some very interesting things
to say about Re: Good-bye Hannah Eve (TW):

>Ours is engraved. Sam Nash had it done for us via Pam's permission. It's
>always been treasured, and read many times. This is one of those most
>treasured of all things, ever.

Glad to see you here, choking up and nearly speechless at the
situation you're facing.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

LOL

Sep 15, 2004, 3:39:25 AM9/15/04
Tanada <tan...@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<tFu1d.1050$n16...@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>...

Thank you for putting this into words, Pam. All I can say is amen.
------
Krista

lewe

Sep 15, 2004, 6:12:47 AM9/15/04
that's beautiful Pam!
thank you for writing and sharing

--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Annie Wxill

Sep 15, 2004, 9:26:01 AM9/15/04

"gracecat" <grac...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> Ours is engraved. Sam Nash had it done for us via Pam's permission. It's
> always been treasured, and read many times. This is one of those most
> treasured of all things, ever.

Gracie,
We're sending gentle hugs and healing purrs your way.
Annie, Jim, Cinder and Rosie

SUQKRT

Sep 15, 2004, 12:59:16 PM9/15/04

In article <8flfk096kjignbk4f...@4ax.com>, Seanette Blaylock
<seanette.spam...@impulse.net> wrote:

>"gracecat" <grac...@bellsouth.net> had some very interesting things
>to say about Re: Good-bye Hannah Eve (TW):
>
>>Ours is engraved. Sam Nash had it done for us via Pam's permission. It's
>>always been treasured, and read many times. This is one of those most
>>treasured of all things, ever.
>
>Glad to see you here, choking up and nearly speechless at the
>situation you're facing.
>
>{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Agreed words are so inadequate to express what I feel.

{{{{{{{{{{gracie!}}}}}}}}}}}

Adrian

Sep 15, 2004, 11:32:45 AM9/15/04

Thank you, Pam, you express our thoughts so much better than I can.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Tanada

Sep 15, 2004, 2:10:48 PM9/15/04

gracecat wrote:
> Ours is engraved. Sam Nash had it done for us via Pam's permission. It's
> always been treasured, and read many times. This is one of those most
> treasured of all things, ever.

(((((Gracie)))))

Thanks. The highest honor I can think of, is to know that something I
wrote is treasured by others. I'm glad to see you here, hugs and purrs
continuing for you, Jody, Abi, and the rest of your family and friends.

Pam, Rob, and the Fayetteville Seven

CATherine

Sep 15, 2004, 7:42:08 PM9/15/04
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 04:43:05 GMT, Tanada <tan...@earthlink.net> wrote:

That is so sad. But you do have the gift of putting our feelings into
words. Thank you.

--
CATherine

CATherine

Sep 15, 2004, 7:42:16 PM9/15/04
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 06:12:13 GMT, Tanada <tan...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Takayuki wrote:
>

>> That's right - you did write that beautiful welcome for Eve, and it's
>> so sad that you now have to write a premature goodbye. Maybe you
>> could repost the welcome message? It was very poignant, even then.
>>

>Here it is.
>
>Dear Hannah Eve,
>
>Welcome to the world. I don't know if any child born of a non celebrity
>parent that was ever so eagerly looked forward to. You see, your mommy
>loves cats. She loves cats so much that she goes onto the computer and
>reads and posts messages to a cat news group called rec.pets.cats.anecdotes.
>She loves you and your daddy and sister so much that when she found out that
>she was pregnant with you, she told us all. And we love her so much, and
>want her to have the best, that we celebrated with her and your daddy.
>You've come into the world as a little girl with a big name and a bigger fan
>club.

<<<<<<snip>>>>>>
I remember that. I have it saved in my archives. It is lovely.

--
CATherine

Norm

Sep 16, 2004, 2:58:12 PM9/16/04
Tanada wrote:

> Two years ago, I wrote a welcome for a little girl. She was a much
> loved and anticipated addition to this world. Today, as I write this,
> my family mourns and my cats are purring to ease her trip to the rainbow
> bridge. For those who don't know, the rainbow bridge is where our pets
> go after this existence, to wait for their humans to join them.
>
> What do you say to a young family after their sun leaves them? What to
> you say to the mother, father, sister, and relatives to ease their pain?
> How do you explain something so senseless and wrong as the loss of a
> healthy little girl? You can't. All you can do is grieve with them and
> pray for the loved ones to find peace and healing.
>
> Good-bye Hannah Eve. You weren't here long enough. We never got to
> hear about your first day of school, all the funny events of your life,
> or send litter box offerings to anyone who would upset our little girl.
> For you were our little girl.
>
> You were one of a growing family of bare kittens loved by everyone in
> rec.pets.cats.anecdotes. You were loved for your sake as well as for
> your parents. You were sweetness, sunshine, and the warmth of summer.
> You were a little sister, cat friend, and beloved daughter. You were
> loved by all of us, and will be missed by us all.
>
> Hannah Eve
> July 10, 2002 to September 12, 2004

Pam, you are an excellent wordsmith. Thank you.

Grace, my best wishes to you and yours.
--
--
"The web has got me caught. I'd rather have the blues than what I've