Coil _The Snow_ EP

Steve W Hill

Nov 3, 1991, 3:53:18 PM11/3/91
Wax Trax had the new Coil CD _The Snow EP_ last night, so it should hit
your record stores within the next few weeks. I couldn't afford to buy
it, so no review here.
---
Steve Hill SH...@HARPERVM.BITNET
"Tear at flesh, rip at skin, smash at doubt..." -The Cure
"The wine's Portugese and the bread's only bread" -Legendary Pink Dots
---------------------------------------------------(must dash)--------

Greg Earle - Sun JPL on-site Software Support

Nov 6, 1991, 2:46:25 AM11/6/91
In article <91307.14...@HARPERVM.BITNET> SH...@HARPERVM.BITNET (Steve W Hill) writes:
>Wax Trax had the new Coil CD _The Snow EP_ last night, so it should hit
>your record stores within the next few weeks. I couldn't afford to buy
>it, so no review here.

Well, the Torso release has been around for a while, no need to wait for
Wax Trax! to put it out.

It's got 6 tracks:

1. Driftmix (2:35)
2. Answers Come In Dreams I (5:47)
3. Out In the Cold (7:43)
4. As Pure As? (6:33)
5. Answers Come In Dreams II (5:57)
6. The Snow (6:48)

1 & 3 Remixed by Peter Christopherson
2 & 5 Remixed by Jack Dangers
4 Remixed by John Balance and Drew McDowall
6 Original version from the CD "Love's Secret Domain"

"Answers Come In Dreams I" is Yet Another Collossal Jack Dangers remix.
I'd go to every rave they have in L.A. if I could hear anything remotely
as good as this track. "Answers Come In Dreams II" is a variant on ... I
and almost as good. "Driftmix" and "Out In The Cold" are variants on the
album track; the first with a Nocturnal Emissions shuffling Raga backbeat.

Essentially, the whole thing is sorta "Intelligent Techno" oriented. It's
clearly dance-oriented but with interesting sound collages instead of the
mindless monotony that passes as a lot of Techno these days ...

It cost me $13.99 US which is a bit stiff for a 6-track EP, but it's almost
35 1/2 minutes long which is about as long as some albums these days ...

--
- Greg Earle | "It's going to be Party Time when I
Sun Microsystems, Los Angeles | shit out the Balloons"

Steve W Hill

Nov 6, 1991, 5:38:03 PM11/6/91
Well, the Wax Trax (domestic) edition was (obviously) a lot less, I think
they had it for $6.99 or so. I *still* couldn't afford it. Not after
picking up the new Delerium *and* Edward Ka-Spel CDs.