Industrial Clothing, Help!!

1 view

Synapse

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00

Kiddie Grinder wrote:

> Ok guys, how do you look industrial? I would assume quite modern black
> clothing, not gothic but stylish and smart and cool. what type of stuff do
> you think?
>
> 5imon

wrap yourself in electric tape.

eschaton baba and the 40 oz bottle of lotion

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00

Kiddie Grinder wrote:

> Ok guys, how do you look industrial? I would assume quite modern black
> clothing, not gothic but stylish and smart and cool. what type of stuff do
> you think?

**ducking out of room and jumping into fallout shelter**

Raisinlove

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
Easy!
Find some farm equipment to rid yourself of your soft flesh arms in a quick
and unmessy way and plug in some cybernetic implants (plenty of those on
ebay) for some kickass bionic arms. Then blind yourself by staring into the
sun for a couple of hours, pick out those useless orbs and pop in some
cool-ass cyborg scanners! Of course, you will need to leave all the wires
sticking out for a maximum fashion statement. A black leather trenchcoat
(german) and some steel platted boots do wonders. Then pick a silly 80's
Skinny Puppy haircut and make a mean face.

You'll find other usefull industrial fashion tips in the Cyberpunk gamebook.
They have a section in their about how a cyberpunk can fit in. Did I mention
that a rivethead and a cyberpunk are one and the same when it comes to
fashion?
The goth thing is OUT.

I hope this helped :)
-steph
www.raisinlove.com

Kiddie Grinder <thecr...@email.com> wrote in message

> Ok guys, how do you look industrial? I would assume quite modern black
> clothing, not gothic but stylish and smart and cool. what type of stuff
do
> you think?
>

> 5imon

Kiddie Grinder

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00

Sean McGill

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00

Black Jnco jeans, preferrably with a neon green lightning bolt down the
back of the right leg, and a black button down shirt that says Porn
Star. Also good: black trench coat and black shades (but not the ones
with the neon pink sides - those'll make you look like a queer!)

sm

SUNSET SQUAD

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00

Synapse wrote:

> wrap yourself in electric tape.

Starting with your nostrils and mouth.

--
Kangal
"Pop a Poppler in your mouth/When you come to Fishy Joe's/What they're made of is

Ian Ross

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
<<wrap yourself in electric tape.>>

Or bubble tape. Whichever flavor you prefer. (I like the grape kind)
Ian
Flesh Field
http://www.inception-records.com/fleshfield
Deadwyre E-Zine
http://www.rivet-head.com/deadwyre

Dayv!

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
Kiddie Grinder <thecr...@email.com> was all like:

> Ok guys, how do you look industrial? I would assume quite modern black
> clothing, not gothic but stylish and smart and cool. what type of stuff do
> you think?

Spend all your money on CDs until you risk public nudity, then buy
whatever fits. This will make you look like a true industrial music fan.

--
-Dayv!

"I wear the cheese, it does not wear me."

Doktor Industrial

May 31, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/31/00
"Kiddie Grinder" <thecr...@email.com> wrote in message
> Ok guys, how do you look industrial? I would assume quite modern black
> clothing, not gothic but stylish and smart and cool. what type of stuff
do
> you think?

try this:

1) strip completely naked.
2) bend over so you can see between your legs.
3) shove your head directly up your ass.

oh wait...you're looking to express your individuality through trite
subcultural norms, rather than exploring and experimenting independently of
label. you've ALREADY got your head up your ass.

--
dr. industrial.

X-Factor

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00
"Kiddie Grinder" thecr...@email.com wrote:

>Ok guys, how do you look industrial? I would assume quite modern black
>clothing, not gothic but stylish and smart and cool. what type of stuff do
>you think?
>

>5imon

It doesn't matter what cloths you wear. Who cares what you wear as long as you
like the music nothing else matters. If peopel have nothing better to do than
pay attention to what you are wearing then fuck em. I am sure the majority of
people at clubs are too busy dancing or getting drunk to care. Life isn't a
fashion show.

Hypno

flux

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00
velcro

flux!

Phillip Marinucci

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00

Kiddie Grinder wrote in message <8h41ct$6n4$1...@news5.svr.pol.co.uk>...

>Ok guys, how do you look industrial? I would assume quite modern black
>clothing, not gothic but stylish and smart and cool. what type of stuff do
>you think?
>
>5imon

Hey you spelt your name wrong!

I read all the other derisive rants about individuality and the clothes not
mattering but the reality is those guys don't look like they come from some
middle of the road conservative background with loving parents and all the
trappings. They look like you'd expect from the attitude that they obviously
have and espouse. They are right though. Just wear whatever the hell you
feel like. Chances are you'll not want to look like you're into boy bands,
country music or euro-pop so it shouldn't be too hard to decide what not to
wear. Just try to avoid the ridiculously oversized clothes that people who
say 'yo' a lot tend to wear.

Oh, and if that's not enough direction may I suggest black, charcoal and
dark greens/blue (I mean really dark). If nothing else it helps on washing
days when you don't have to separate out the different colours.

drpm

Serial Mom

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00

Dayv! <laug...@yourpainBAD-ASS-SPAMTRAP.com> wrote...

> Spend all your money on CDs until you risk public nudity, then buy
> whatever fits. This will make you look like a true industrial music fan.

Exactly, this is the only way!
Spending more money on clothes than CDs is just for
goths and glam rockers.

The Rattler

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00
In article <8h41ct$6n4$1...@news5.svr.pol.co.uk>, thecr...@email.com
says...

> Ok guys, how do you look industrial?

Drive a large tank through a major city. Crush all in your path. Sample
the sound of the crunching bones and metal, then release it as a record.
Then you will not only *look* industrial, but you shall *be* industrial.
HTH.

--
"Ramalamalama Kenickie Kenickie!
Ramalamalama Kenickie Kenickie!"

Pesky Pestpruf

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00
5imon Kiddie Grinder pleaded:

> Ok guys, how do you look industrial?

Y'can't fail widda pair o'black DM's, kid. Particularly when y'ave to kick butt auto'vere...

--
"One must be walled round by asses when 'tis an ass one fucks."
- Donatien-Alphonse-François de Sade, Philosophy in the Bedroom 1795.

Thengore

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00
Spend money on CD's because in the "industrial" world clothes do not matter.
You could just as easily stay "wired" to a virtual reality laying naked in a
cryotank and still be in style!!

SPEND MONEY HERE!!
http://industrialradio.tsx.org

*GRINS*
Thengore

Raisinlove

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00
> "Kiddie Grinder" thecr...@email.com wrote:
>
> >Ok guys, how do you look industrial? I would assume quite modern black
> >clothing, not gothic but stylish and smart and cool. what type of stuff
do
> >you think?

You know what? These are the kind of posts that actually make me wonder
weither sarcasm was involved or not. This is scary. Or am I just that bad in
detecting it? From the looks of his email address, I'm afraid this IS for
real...
hmmmmm....
-steph
www.raisinlove.com

Dayv!

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00
The Rattler <rattl...@hotmail.com> was all like:

> Drive a large tank through a major city. Crush all in your path. Sample
> the sound of the crunching bones and metal, then release it as a record.

Didn't Aphex Twin already do this?

Dayv!

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00
Serial Mom <elec...@getxnet.dk> was all like:

Come to think of it, these pants are looking a bit threadbare... but I
have to save for the new Hymen releases!

Dr. Trevorkian

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00

Bent With Light

Jun 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/1/00
well, i dont know much about fashion trends these days, but with mine
own eyes I saw:
En Esch in a electric green minidress (1996)
Justin Broadrick in surplus army pants and t-shirt (1995?)
Martyn Atkins donning a simple black hooded sweatshirt (?)
and if that doesn't sound exciting enough for you, try the fashions on
http//:www.the-next-new-way-on.com
Genesis P-Orridge's website.
fuckhead.

€ bent with light
¯Ž ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

http://community.webtv.net/Godess_tali/BentWithLight

Ted Badiuk

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
Wow....major flashback memory to The Twilight Zone (club in Vancouver,BC)
1994...Some chick was wearing exactly that on Halloween I believe it
was....um...nevermind...

Ted

Synapse <fl...@midsouth.rr.com> writes:

>Kiddie Grinder wrote:

>> Ok guys, how do you look industrial? I would assume quite modern black
>> clothing, not gothic but stylish and smart and cool. what type of stuff do
>> you think?
>>

>> 5imon

Daimon Ahnjeel

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
Ted Badiuk wrote:

> Wow....major flashback memory to The Twilight Zone (club in Vancouver,BC)
> 1994...Some chick was wearing exactly that on Halloween I believe it
> was....um...nevermind...
>
> >wrap yourself in electric tape.

I've done it for gloves before, it looks cool, but you have to
double-layer it (one layer sticky-side up, one layer sticky side down),
otherwise it's a wee bit painful to take off, even if you do remember to
shave first... Plus, be prepared for red welts from where the tape
overlaps, it stretches as you put it on, and then shrinks... On the
up-side, you get some interesting marks to show off to your friends,
but, on the downside, it can hurt like hell...

--
Christ "Daimon" Wagner

ICQ UIN: 2436745

Black Tuesday, A Dark New World
http://www.crosswinds.net/~daimonahnjeel/BlackTuesday/

The Ontario Metal Pages
http://www.crosswinds.net/~daimonahnjeel

Subscribe to the Ontario Metal List today!
http://www.egroups.com/subscribe/ONT-Metal
or
mailto:subscribe...@egroups.com

tara gibbs

Jun 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/2/00
Daimon Ahnjeel (daimon...@crosswdins.net) wrote:
> I've done it for gloves before, it looks cool, but you have to
> double-layer it (one layer sticky-side up, one layer sticky side down),
> otherwise it's a wee bit painful to take off, even if you do remember to
> shave first... Plus, be prepared for red welts from where the tape
> overlaps, it stretches as you put it on, and then shrinks... On the
> up-side, you get some interesting marks to show off to your friends,
> but, on the downside, it can hurt like hell...

So I guess it wouldn't be industrial to just use duct tape over an old
t-shirt, thus saving yourself the welts then? Or using baby oil to soften
the adhesive so that is doesn't rip off several layers of skin?

Half the fun of duct/electrical tape clothing is having someone cut you
out of it at the end of the night. *grin*

np: mdfmk [1]

_/=T==T=\_ "You realize your lover doesn't know just how
_/=I====I=\_ beautiful he really is on the inside...
_/=I====I=\_
_/=I==I=\_ ...get scissors and show him." -The Onion horoscopes
(::)
'' http://bombshelter.ca/~aijin

[1] damn them to hell. I've had the chorus to Torpedo stuck in my
head since I got the disk. People in the office are starting to look at
me strangely....or maybe I'm just noticing it for the first time.

Daimon Ahnjeel

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
tara gibbs wrote:

> Daimon Ahnjeel (daimon...@crosswdins.net) wrote:
> > I've done it for gloves before, it looks cool, but you have to
> > double-layer it (one layer sticky-side up, one layer sticky side down),
> > otherwise it's a wee bit painful to take off, even if you do remember to
> > shave first... Plus, be prepared for red welts from where the tape
> > overlaps, it stretches as you put it on, and then shrinks... On the
> > up-side, you get some interesting marks to show off to your friends,
> > but, on the downside, it can hurt like hell...
>
> So I guess it wouldn't be industrial to just use duct tape over an old
> t-shirt, thus saving yourself the welts then? Or using baby oil to soften
> the adhesive so that is doesn't rip off several layers of skin?

Actually, I've done some combat pants like that, and they lok
pretty good... 1 huge roll of black duct tape cost me about $10, and I
just used an old pair of combat pants that were falling apart...
Electrical tape generally doesn't rip layers of skin, it just lifts and
exfoliates nicely, although, it does tug uncomfortably on body hair...
Duct tape is another matter altogether... However, with tape clothing,
it's not as easy to make, in practice, as it is in theory... It also
tend to be kind of stiff, which is good if you want it to maintain its
shape, but makes movement look/become a bit stiff...

> Half the fun of duct/electrical tape clothing is having someone cut you
> out of it at the end of the night. *grin*

Oh, believe me, if I had someone to cut me out of it, I'd do it
MUCH more often. :) Hell, I'd even do the complete upper body shave and
do an electrical tape shirt. :) Duct tape is never being applied
directly to my flesh though... NEVER!

> np: mdfmk [1]

> [1] damn them to hell. I've had the chorus to Torpedo stuck in my
> head since I got the disk. People in the office are starting to look at
> me strangely....or maybe I'm just noticing it for the first time.

Missing Time is the best song I've heard from them so far, it beats
all the stuff on the album. :)

boneyhands

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
In article <8h41ct$6n4$1...@news5.svr.pol.co.uk>,

"Kiddie Grinder" <thecr...@email.com> wrote:
> Ok guys, how do you look industrial? I would assume quite modern
black
> clothing, not gothic but stylish and smart and cool. what type of
stuff do
> you think?

Well, here in WI, at the local club, everybody who is "in the know"
seems to just be wearing garbage bags, with a hole cut out in the top
for the head, and they must be the extra large size but I'm not sure
which brand they are using... but, hey, it probably doesn't really
matter, who's going to really notice if you are wearing the Joe Schmoe
or the Hefty cinch-sack supersize.

--
http://www.boneyhands.com
drumbeats, music, info, etc

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

boneyhands

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00

tara gibbs

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
Daimon Ahnjeel (daimon...@crosswdins.net) wrote:
> Actually, I've done some combat pants like that, and they lok
> pretty good... 1 huge roll of black duct tape cost me about $10, and I
> just used an old pair of combat pants that were falling apart...

Oooh....I've never seen anyone do tape pants...just tops and dresses.

> Electrical tape generally doesn't rip layers of skin, it just lifts and
> exfoliates nicely, although, it does tug uncomfortably on body hair...
> Duct tape is another matter altogether... However, with tape clothing,
> it's not as easy to make, in practice, as it is in theory... It also
> tend to be kind of stiff, which is good if you want it to maintain its
> shape, but makes movement look/become a bit stiff...

It, uh, lifts and separates, quite nicely from my experience. *grin*

> Oh, believe me, if I had someone to cut me out of it, I'd do it
> MUCH more often. :) Hell, I'd even do the complete upper body shave and
> do an electrical tape shirt. :) Duct tape is never being applied
> directly to my flesh though... NEVER!

Strangely enough, an issue of Cosmo I read encouraged girls to use duct
tape to provide "support" under strapless dresses, which seem to be the
"rage" these days. Apparently, baby oil disolves the glue nicely.

> Missing Time is the best song I've heard from them so far, it beats
> all the stuff on the album. :)

A friend of mine icq'd me every single day since the album came out with
"did you get it yet?", quickly followed by "go out and buy it now!".

*grin*

Daimon Ahnjeel

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
tara gibbs wrote:
> Daimon Ahnjeel (daimon...@crosswdins.net) wrote:
> Oooh....I've never seen anyone do tape pants...just tops and dresses.

I'd never seen it previously either, but, I figured it's the poor
man's PVC, so I did it, and they look pretty good. Hell, I've had people
walk up to me and ask if they could steal them. :) I'd only ever seen
people do electrical tape tops previously, but, after the gloves
experience, I'm not so sure I'm going to be doing that anytime soon.

> > Electrical tape generally doesn't rip layers of skin, it just lifts and
> > exfoliates nicely, although, it does tug uncomfortably on body hair...
> > Duct tape is another matter altogether... However, with tape clothing,
> > it's not as easy to make, in practice, as it is in theory... It also
> > tend to be kind of stiff, which is good if you want it to maintain its
> > shape, but makes movement look/become a bit stiff...
> It, uh, lifts and separates, quite nicely from my experience. *grin*

Seperates? 0_0

> Strangely enough, an issue of Cosmo I read encouraged girls to use duct
> tape to provide "support" under strapless dresses, which seem to be the
> "rage" these days. Apparently, baby oil disolves the glue nicely.

I've heard that one a LOT, but, it's often forgotten that baby oil
should be used to dissolve the glue... I seem to recall a horror story
from a friend of mine when she saw my electrical tape gloves... As I
recall, she winced for about 3 minutes after she told the story...

> > Missing Time is the best song I've heard from them so far, it beats
> > all the stuff on the album. :)
> A friend of mine icq'd me every single day since the album came out with
> "did you get it yet?", quickly followed by "go out and buy it now!".
> *grin*

LOL, I simply got one of the 5 or so copies we were sent. :) And,
though we were only sent one copy of the Heavy Metal 2000 s-t, it was
sent direct to me. While I enjoy the fact that Missing Time was a bonus
for the soundtrack, I think it would have been better for the fans for
it to have been put on the album...

the DSBP

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
On Sat, 3 Jun 2000, boneyhands wrote:

> In article <8h41ct$6n4$1...@news5.svr.pol.co.uk>,
> "Kiddie Grinder" <thecr...@email.com> wrote:
> > Ok guys, how do you look industrial? I would assume quite modern
> black
> > clothing, not gothic but stylish and smart and cool. what type of
> stuff do
> > you think?
>
> Well, here in WI, at the local club, everybody who is "in the know"
> seems to just be wearing garbage bags, with a hole cut out in the top
> for the head, and they must be the extra large size but I'm not sure
> which brand they are using... but, hey, it probably doesn't really
> matter, who's going to really notice if you are wearing the Joe Schmoe
> or the Hefty cinch-sack supersize.

thats fucking funny!! a genre which started out based on
individualism is just getting taken over by trendy weenies...
"lets play follow the leader.....garbage bags everyone..then you
are cool and inthe clique"...clubs..hahahhahahahahhahajokes.

> --
> http://www.boneyhands.com
> drumbeats, music, info, etc
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

CYBERAGE RADIO WORLDWIDE<www.cyberage.cx>--Listen and love it!

OUT NOW on DSBP!
==================+++++++++++++++++++========================
-TESTUBE -"Reconstructive Surgery"(BRAND NEW!)-$12.00 at DSBP!
-BIOPSY -"Nervate 2000" limtd 500 -$12.00 at DSBP!
-SYSTEM DER DINGE- "Fear Forms Function" -$12.00 at DSBP!
-IONIC VISION -"Homo Sovieticus"lmtd 500 -$12.00 at DSBP!
-BIOPSY -"third stroke" -$12.00 at DSBP!
-DIVERJE -"Existence/Programremix" -$12.00 at DSBP!

Kontact: DSBP c/o Tommy T
Landmail: 237 Cagua NE, Albuquerque NM 87108, USA
e-mail: ds...@dsbp.cx
web: http://www.dsbp.cx/

Promoting & Releasing the bands:
Biopsy,Diverje,System der Dinge,Testube,Ionic Vision,Dead Jump,
Produkt 13,Frontrunner,FearvLoathinc,Clonedt,Lateral Tension,
Andraculoid,in-Fused and more to come..BOOYAH!

/ ______ _______ ______ _____ ELEKTRO + INDUSTRIAL + EBM /
/ | \ |______ |_____] |_____] UNDERGROUND REVOLUTIONARY
BODY SLAM MUSIC /
/ |_____/ ______| |_____] | Diversity In Electronics
/

Ginsoakedgirl

Jun 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/3/00
In article <8hbhck$q13$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, boneyhands
<bone...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> Well, here in WI, at the local club, everybody who is
> "in the know"
> seems to just be wearing garbage bags, with a hole cut
> out in the top
> for the head, and they must be the extra large size
> but I'm not sure
> which brand they are using

Quit mocking me damnit....... you're just jealous because
I'm more stylish than you are......

* Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful

Scarum

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00

"Thengore" <then...@bellsouth.net> rwteoin message

> Spend money on CD's because in the "industrial" world clothes do not
matter.

This is actually not true....
At least in the Netherlands it apparently isn't.
We did a gig one time at the XtReactor 99 festival...
And we dressed up as hippies....
Let me tell you these people were shocked...
It's all in y'r identity I guess....

-- SCREW FASHION(-MODELS)! LIVE LIFE! --

Scarum (Pres. Homeland Productions)
http://www.homelandproductions.org * * * http://www.IndusTree.org
email: sca...@homelandproductions.org * * * sca...@industree.org

allco...@my-deja.com

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
In article <8h41ct$6n4$1...@news5.svr.pol.co.uk>,
"Kiddie Grinder" <thecr...@email.com> wrote:
> Ok guys, how do you look industrial? I would assume quite modern
black
> clothing, not gothic but stylish and smart and cool. what type of
stuff do
> you think?
>
> 5imon

Wear whatever the hell you want. Oh, I'm sorry, thats the incorrect
answer-I may be arrested by the rivet police. Wear a snotty elitist
look on your face. Don't smile. And be mean to any girls that arent hot
speed sluts. Good luck and happy hunting

phat mike

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
On Sat, 03 Jun 2000 18:05:15 GMT, boneyhands <bone...@my-deja.com>
wrote:

>Well, here in WI, at the local club, everybody who is "in the know"
>seems to just be wearing garbage bags, with a hole cut out in the top
>for the head, and they must be the extra large size but I'm not sure

>which brand they are using... but, hey, it probably doesn't really
>matter, who's going to really notice if you are wearing the Joe Schmoe
>or the Hefty cinch-sack supersize.

hmmm. maybe boston is just a little strange, but 'round here, if you
dress like that, you normally have a shopping cart full of all your
worldly possesions.

perhaps everyone in WI 'who is in the know' should consider
accesorizing thier outfits w/shopping carts?
--
bah. need new sig.

J. Wood

Jun 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/4/00
Kiddie Grinder wrote:

> Ok guys, how do you look industrial? I would assume quite modern black
> clothing, not gothic but stylish and smart and cool. what type of stuff do
> you think?
>
> 5imon

Well, I hear assless MC Hammer pants, shag pimp hats, and SS Stosstruppen
jackets are all the rage these days. Without them, all the obscure music in
the world will not a rivethead make.

[puke...where do people come up with this shit, anyway? Godamned high school
mentality]

allco...@my-deja.com

Jun 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/5/00
See, thats why should all just wear prison uniforms-conform conform
conform