Swapna Khanna - Demi Moore of India ?

Sangita Patel

Aug 8, 1994, 5:30:48 PM8/8/94
Who is Swapna Khanna? According the NZ Herald today it says: One of the
worlds biggest movie stars has hit town. And the reporter compares her
to Demi Moore. Well she is no beauty from the picture that they have in the
paper. She has worn a swag of awards and acted in more than 100 movies.
And she is supposed to be acting in the indian version of Indescent Proposal.
She is here to to some cultural show and Meenakshi Sheshadri will be
joining her. Dont know when.

Well, I dont know what to think of all this when I have never even heard
her name before. And comparing her to Demi Moore. As far as I am
concerned Indian cinema has a lot more beautiful people than Demi Moore.
Demi Moore is more famous for being naked in my opinion. Thats beside the
point. I think this reporter is an idiot who probably doesnt know much
about the Indian film industry. God knows where he got this information
from. I think I will write to the Herald to get thier facts right but
before that I need to get my facts right.

Has anyone out there heard of her or if she is really famous and other info
about her.

thanks
sangita.

Premkumar Nataraj

Aug 9, 1994, 5:54:28 PM8/9/94
Sangita Patel (rgty...@waikato.ac.nz) wrote:
: Who is Swapna Khanna? According the NZ Herald today it says: One of the

: worlds biggest movie stars has hit town. And the reporter compares her
: Has anyone out there heard of her or if she is really famous and other info
: about her.

: thanks
: sangita.

and it isn't even april 1!

M. Riyaz Ismail

Aug 10, 1994, 1:23:22 PM8/10/94
She was in a few movies I saw in india before 1991. However I wouldn't call her very famous or for that matter very beautiful. She usually acted in small rolls as the side heroin, I suppose.

M. Riyaz Ismail
Systems and Computer Engineering
Carleton University
Ottawa, Ont, Canada.