Lyrics 'O Saathi Re'

SXV...@psuvm.psu.edu

Aug 31, 1993, 6:44:27 PM8/31/93
Does someone know the lyrics for the song 'O Saathi Re' (sung by Kishore Kumar.
I think), and from what movie it's from??

Prince Kohli

Aug 31, 1993, 7:47:50 PM8/31/93
In article <93243.184...@psuvm.psu.edu> <SXV...@psuvm.psu.edu> writes:
>Does someone know the lyrics for the song 'O Saathi Re' (sung by Kishore Kumar.
>I think), and from what movie it's from??

If it is that song "O sathi re, tere bina bhee kya jeena," then it's
an Amitabh film, "Parvarish" I think. I have the cassette at home,
so if no one else posts the lyrics, I will.

Let me give the "mukhda" at least.

O sathi re, tere bina bhee kya jeena,
o sathi re, tere bina bhee kya jeena.

phoolon mein, kaliyon mein, sapnon kee galiyon mein,
phoolon mein, kaliyon mein, sapnon kee galiyon mein,
tere bina kuchh kahin naaa... tere bina bhee kya jeena.
O sathi re...

Cheers,

-Prince

Aniruddha B. Deglurkar

Aug 31, 1993, 8:25:25 PM8/31/93
pko...@cc.gatech.edu (Prince Kohli) writes:

>In article <93243.184...@psuvm.psu.edu> <SXV...@psuvm.psu.edu> writes:
>>Does someone know the lyrics for the song 'O Saathi Re' (sung by Kishore Kumar.
>>I think), and from what movie it's from??

>If it is that song "O sathi re, tere bina bhee kya jeena," then it's
>an Amitabh film, "Parvarish" I think. I have the cassette at home,
>so if no one else posts the lyrics, I will.

Ani.

Pradeep Dubey

Aug 31, 1993, 10:39:19 PM8/31/93

Picking up from here onwards:

tujh bin jogan meri raate
tujh mere din banjaare
mera jeewan jalti dhoonee
bujhe hue mere sapne saare
tere bina meri
tere buna meri mere bina teri ye zindagi zindagi na
terr bina ...

har dhadkan mein pyaas hai teri
aankhon mein teri khushboo hai
is dharti se us ambar tak
meri nazar mein too hi too hai
aas ye jhoote naa
aas ye jhoote naa tu mujhse ruthe na saath ye jhoote kabhi na
tere bina ...

Pradeep

|> Cheers,
|>
|> -Prince

Pushkar Bapat

Sep 1, 1993, 12:42:09 AM9/1/93
In article <CCnM1...@yktnews.watson.ibm.com>, pra...@watson.ibm.com (Pradeep Dubey) writes:
> [...]

The movie is not Parvarish but *Mukaddar Ka Sikandar* *rring Amitabhachhan
rakhi, rekha, and Vinod khanna. I think the MD is Kalyanji-Anandji.

-Pushkar

Rajan P. Parrikar

Sep 1, 1993, 11:16:19 AM9/1/93
In article <1993Aug31....@cc.gatech.edu> pko...@cc.gatech.edu (Prince Kohli) writes:
>In article <93243.184...@psuvm.psu.edu> <SXV...@psuvm.psu.edu> writes:
>>Does someone know the lyrics for the song 'O Saathi Re' (sung by Kishore Kumar.
>>I think), and from what movie it's from??
>
>If it is that song "O sathi re, tere bina bhee kya jeena," then it's
>an Amitabh film, "Parvarish" I think. I have the cassette at home,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aaaaaaaaaarrrgghhhhh! Prince, kya tere dimaag ko chhot lagi hain
kyaa? Aaindaa aisee mishteek ki to aapko as a sazaa hum Sunju Dutt
ki gif file bhej denge!

Rajanator
=========
email: parr...@mimicad.colorado.edu
parr...@spot.colorado.edu

Prince Kohli

Sep 1, 1993, 1:02:53 PM9/1/93
In article <262guj...@mojo.eng.umd.edu> pree...@eng.umd.edu (Preetham Gopalaswamy) writes:

>In article <1993Sep1.1...@colorado.edu>, parr...@csn.org

>(Rajan P. Parrikar) writes:
>>
>>Aaaaaaaaaarrrgghhhhh! Prince, kya tere dimaag ko chhot lagi hain
>>kyaa? Aaindaa aisee mishteek ki to aapko as a sazaa hum Sunju Dutt
>>ki gif file bhej denge!

Sorry Rajan Sahib. I could have told you the whole ishtory of the fillum
but it is these ^&*% names that escape me. Next time, I will let you do
it :-)

>Now that is interesting, the Rajanator actually hordes Sunju's gifs. How else
>would you be able to send Princeji these pictures ... Huh Huh Huh ????
>Now is this a closet "DuttBhakt" or what ???

Oh he is. And he loves Manoj Kumar too, whatever he might say on rmim. I
saw him the other day with his fingers perpendicualr to the line of his
eyes and looking at people in a deshbhakt sort of way. Who knows, he might
be an Amir-Khan-fan too - tauba, tauba....

-Prince

Preetham Gopalaswamy

Sep 1, 1993, 12:00:19 PM9/1/93

(Rajan P. Parrikar) writes:

>Aaaaaaaaaarrrgghhhhh! Prince, kya tere dimaag ko chhot lagi hain
>kyaa? Aaindaa aisee mishteek ki to aapko as a sazaa hum Sunju Dutt
>ki gif file bhej denge!
>

>Rajanator

Now that is interesting, the Rajanator actually hordes Sunju's gifs. How else

would you be able to send Princeji these pictures ... Huh Huh Huh ????
Now is this a closet "DuttBhakt" or what ???

Preetham

Rajan P. Parrikar

Sep 1, 1993, 8:23:33 PM9/1/93
In article <262guj...@mojo.eng.umd.edu> pree...@eng.umd.edu (Preetham Gopalaswamy) writes:

>Now that is interesting, the Rajanator actually hordes Sunju's gifs.

^^^^^^^
Hum kuchh bolega nahin! Kuchh bolega nahin! But why do I get the
feeling that you fellas are baiting Vaishali once again?:-)

Question: Which film is the following Kishore song from: Tu chand nagar
ki shehzaadi, main iss dharti ka banjaaraa, tu mahalon mein rehnewaali
main galiyon galiyon awaaraa....?

Rajmeister
==========
email: parr...@mimicad.colorado.edu
parr...@spot.colorado

Ramesh Hariharan

Sep 5, 1993, 10:03:04 PM9/5/93
In article <1993Aug31....@cc.gatech.edu> pko...@cc.gatech.edu (Prince Kohli) writes:
>In article <93243.184...@psuvm.psu.edu> <SXV...@psuvm.psu.edu> writes:
>>Does someone know the lyrics for the song 'O Saathi Re' (sung by Kishore Kumar.
>
>If it is that song "O sathi re, tere bina bhee kya jeena," then it's
>an Amitabh film, "Parvarish" I think. I have the cassette at home,
>so if no one else posts the lyrics, I will.
>

>-Prince

No .. Muqqadar ka Sikander

--
Steve Young rolls to the right, connects with Jerry Rice who's going up
the middle .. he is going .. going ALL THE WAY ... 80 yard pass TD 49ers ...

Dinesh Sharma

Sep 6, 1993, 5:06:47 AM9/6/93
Hi guys,

Could you please tell me which movie features this song:

Gore rang pe na itna gumaan kar, gora rang to din mein dhal jayega..

In all probability, this song features Rajesh Khanna and Mumtaz.
The song is sung by KK and Lata.

Thanks,
Dinesh

Abhay Avachat

Sep 7, 1993, 4:16:08 AM9/7/93

This song definitely features Rajesh Khanna and Mumtaz.

Sorry I can't answer your question, but I can provide few more pointers,
so that somebody else may be able to guess the name of the movie.

There was a movie with these two, plus Shashi Kapoor (whom Mumtaz gets
married) and Vinod Khanna in a small role. Rajesh Khanna has done the
role of a "freedom fighter" in modern clothes, and Shashi acted the
role of a Police Officer serving British and all set to apprehend Kaka.
The song you are taliking about is perhaps from this movie.
Another song which I am sure is from this movie is
Phool aahista pheko, phool bade nazuk hote hain

Movie is perhaps "Apana Desh", can't be sure.

- Abhay.
Help !

Prince Kohli

Sep 7, 1993, 1:57:00 PM9/7/93

The movie is, I think, "Roti." I don't think it's the one that Abhay talks
about ("Apna Desh?"). Here, RK is an escaped convict and Mumtaz falls in
love with him etc. etc.

Cheers,

-Prince

Ashish S Bokil

Sep 8, 1993, 3:28:36 PM9/8/93
ab...@D012F233.mch.sni.de (Abhay Avachat) writes:

>din...@iti.gov.sg (Dinesh Sharma) writes:
>>Hi guys,
>>
>> Could you please tell me which movie features this song:
>>
>> Gore rang pe na itna gumaan kar, gora rang to din mein dhal jayega..
>>
>> In all probability, this song features Rajesh Khanna and Mumtaz.
>> The song is sung by KK and Lata.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Dinesh

>This song definitely features Rajesh Khanna and Mumtaz.

************ Its from Sachchaa Jhoothhaa which also has
"Sachchaai chhup nahee sakti banaavat ke usoolon se.."
an MMD chiller...( Pre Amitabh Era )

and u r rite ... it does have RK and Mumu...!!!

I don't remember this movie having the following story nor the song mantioned
at the end of it... It was s'thing like RK convicted of crushing s'body from
a villege under his truck while driving under alcohol influence and sentensed
in a novel fashion to live in that villege and serve the dead man's family for
certain # of years..... There is one scene in which he saves a lady from being
stoned at the villege square and there is one song following it which is also a
KK gem "Yaar hamaari baat suno.. aisaa ik insaan chuno.. jisne paap naa kiyaa
ho jo paapi naa ho ..."

Oh Boy !! Now I am not sure if I am confused... I might be confusing between
two movies which has same cast for main actors ( RK & acting being a null set
- this is not exactly valid but ..) Sachhaa jhoothhaa with Dushman... which has
some nice sounding songs.. such as "maine dekhaa tune dekhaa isne dekhaa usne
dekhaa sabne dekhaa .... kyaa dekhaa kyaa dekhaa... ik dushman jo doston se
pyaaraa hai .... ik gaon jo sheharon se nyaaraa hai .. " and possibly "ab
chaahe maa ruthhe yaa baaba.." ...

Please clear out the mist...!!

ashish

Aniruddha B. Deglurkar

Sep 8, 1993, 4:56:50 PM9/8/93
abo...@hubcap.clemson.edu (Ashish S Bokil) writes:

>ab...@D012F233.mch.sni.de (Abhay Avachat) writes:

>>din...@iti.gov.sg (Dinesh Sharma) writes:
>>>Hi guys,
>>>
>>> Could you please tell me which movie features this song:
>>>
>>> Gore rang pe na itna gumaan kar, gora rang to din mein dhal jayega..
>>>

>>This song definitely features Rajesh Khanna and Mumtaz.

>************ Its from Sachchaa Jhoothhaa which also has
> "Sachchaai chhup nahee sakti banaavat ke usoolon se.."
> an MMD chiller...( Pre Amitabh Era )

>and u r rite ... it does have RK and Mumu...!!!

>Oh Boy !! Now I am not sure if I am confused... I might be confusing between

>two movies which has same cast for main actors ( RK & acting being a null set
>- this is not exactly valid but ..) Sachhaa jhoothhaa with Dushman... which has
>some nice sounding songs.. such as "maine dekhaa tune dekhaa isne dekhaa usne
>dekhaa sabne dekhaa .... kyaa dekhaa kyaa dekhaa... ik dushman jo doston se
>pyaaraa hai .... ik gaon jo sheharon se nyaaraa hai .. " and possibly "ab
>chaahe maa ruthhe yaa baaba.." ...

>Please clear out the mist...!!

>ashish

Ashish,

"gore rang pe itna gumaan na kar..." is from Roti.

"sacchai chup nahio sakti....." is from Dushman.

Sachcha JHutha has "yuhin tum mujhse pyaar karti ho, ya koi pyaar ka
iraada hai" and "meri pyaari beheniya banegi dulhaniya......".

I hope that clears things ......and yes all of thenm had RK and Mumtaz.

-Ani.

Vaishali R. Khedekar

Sep 8, 1993, 8:59:42 PM9/8/93
In article <1993Sep8.1...@hubcap.clemson.edu> abo...@hubcap.clemson.edu (Ashish S Bokil) writes:
>ab...@D012F233.mch.sni.de (Abhay Avachat) writes:
>
>>din...@iti.gov.sg (Dinesh Sharma) writes:

< stuff deleted >

>>> Gore rang pe na itna gumaan kar, gora rang to din mein dhal jayega..
>

>>This song definitely features Rajesh Khanna and Mumtaz.
>

>************ Its from Sachchaa Jhoothhaa which also has
> "Sachchaai chhup nahee sakti banaavat ke usoolon se.."
> an MMD chiller...( Pre Amitabh Era )
>
>and u r rite ... it does have RK and Mumu...!!!
>
>I don't remember this movie having the following story nor the song mantioned
>at the end of it... It was s'thing like RK convicted of crushing s'body from
>a villege under his truck while driving under alcohol influence and sentensed
>in a novel fashion to live in that villege and serve the dead man's family for
>certain # of years..... There is one scene in which he saves a lady from being
>stoned at the villege square and there is one song following it which is also a
>KK gem "Yaar hamaari baat suno.. aisaa ik insaan chuno.. jisne paap naa kiyaa
>ho jo paapi naa ho ..."
>
>Oh Boy !! Now I am not sure if I am confused... I might be confusing between
>two movies which has same cast for main actors ( RK & acting being a null set
>- this is not exactly valid but ..) Sachhaa jhoothhaa with Dushman... which has
>some nice sounding songs.. such as "maine dekhaa tune dekhaa isne dekhaa usne
>dekhaa sabne dekhaa .... kyaa dekhaa kyaa dekhaa... ik dushman jo doston se
>pyaaraa hai .... ik gaon jo sheharon se nyaaraa hai .. " and possibly "ab
>chaahe maa ruthhe yaa baaba.." ...
>
>Please clear out the mist...!!
>
>ashish

The movie you sre referring to is probably "Dushman";the song being referred to by you
is picturised on RK and Jayashri.T.

And as for the song "Gore rang pe...",it is from Sachha Jhutha .

-Vaishali.

Surender Mohan

Sep 9, 1993, 12:03:41 AM9/9/93
Hi Folks,
I will clear some of the confusion. (And I am sure about these. :-),:-) )

>> Gore rang pe na itna gumaan kar, gora rang to din mein dhal jayega..

This song is from "Roti" (as already confirmed by other netters).

>There was a movie with these two, plus Shashi Kapoor (whom Mumtaz gets
>married) and Vinod Khanna in a small role. Rajesh Khanna has done the
>role of a "freedom fighter" in modern clothes, and Shashi acted the
>role of a Police Officer serving British and all set to apprehend Kaka.
>The song you are taliking about is perhaps from this movie.
>Another song which I am sure is from this movie is
> Phool aahista pheko, phool bade nazuk hote hain
>
>Movie is perhaps "Apana Desh", can't be sure.

No this movie is "Prem Kahani" (which has not been mentioned by anyone so far).
Another popular song from the movie is the title song -
Prem kahani mein ek ladka hota hai, ek ladki hoti hai ...

Hope this helps,
-surender.

C.S. Sudarshana Bhat

Sep 10, 1993, 2:11:39 AM9/10/93
In article <051307Z...@anon.penet.fi> an2...@anon.penet.fi writes:

Mr. Anonymous, even if you can't post from your normal site (wherever
that is), please do sign off with your name, so that there will be a
'human being' to thank, at least!!

>YES, YOU HAVE MIXED UP TWO MOVIES HERE. LET ME CLARIFY.

Yess! All Hindi movies are alike; it is just the songs that are
different ;) ;). Anyways, I am listing some select songs from the four
films in question ...

>Dushman : Rajesh kills Mala Sinha's husband in an accident and court
[...]
>Roti : Rajesh is a 'chota-mota chor'. To run away from police comes
[...]
>Sachcha Jootha : This movie has the famous kishore song 'meri pyare
[...]
>Daag : This has the song 'Ab chaahe maa ruthe yaa baba' and also
[...]
>Hopefully, this would clarify things.

sachchaa jhooThaa -- Mumtaz, Rajesh Khanna, Vinod Khanna, Fariyal, Prayag Raj
meri pyaaree beheniyaa banegee dulhaniyaa ... (in two parts) - KK
dil ko dekho ho chehraa na dekho chehroN ne laakhoN ko ... - KK
yuN hi tum mujh se baat kartee ho yaa koee ... - Lata/Rafi
dushman -- 31.12.1971 - Meena Kumari, Rajesh Khanna, Mumtaz
sachaaee chhup naheeN ... maiN intzaar ... - KK
daagh -- 30.3.1973 - Sharmila Tagore, Rajesh Khanna, Raakhee, Baby Pinky
ab chaahe maaN rooThe yaa baabaa maiN ne to haaN ... - Lata/KK
mere dil meN aaj kyaa hai tu kahe ... - KK
roTee -- 11.10.1974 - Rajesh Khanna, Mumtaz, Nirupa Roy
yaar hamaaree baat suno aisaa ik insaan chuno ... - KK
ae baaboo ye public hai ye jo public hai ye sab jaanti ... - KK
gore raNg pe na itnaa ghumaan kar, gora rang do din meN ... - KK/Lata
naach meree bulbul ki paisa milegaa kahaaN kadardaan ... - KK

Ciao.
Porky!

PS: Hey Prince!! Are you satisfied?? :-) :-)

an2...@anon.penet.fi

Sep 10, 1993, 1:05:31 AM9/10/93
|> ab...@D012F233.mch.sni.de (Abhay Avachat) writes:

|> >This song definitely features Rajesh Khanna and Mumtaz.
|>

|> ************ Its from Sachchaa Jhoothhaa which also has
|> "Sachchaai chhup nahee sakti banaavat ke usoolon se.."
|> an MMD chiller...( Pre Amitabh Era )
|>
|> and u r rite ... it does have RK and Mumu...!!!
|>
|> I don't remember this movie having the following story nor the song mantioned
|> at the end of it... It was s'thing like RK convicted of crushing s'body from
|> a villege under his truck while driving under alcohol influence and sentensed
|> in a novel fashion to live in that villege and serve the dead man's family for
|> certain # of years..... There is one scene in which he saves a lady from being
|> stoned at the villege square and there is one song following it which is also a
|> KK gem "Yaar hamaari baat suno.. aisaa ik insaan chuno.. jisne paap naa kiyaa
|> ho jo paapi naa ho ..."
|>
|o> Oh Boy !! Now I am not sure if I am confused... I might be confusing between

YES, YOU HAVE MIXED UP TWO MOVIES HERE. LET ME CLARIFY.

Dushman : Rajesh kills Mala Sinha's husband in an accident and court
sentences him to live with the family (Mala Sinha's) because
there are no male figure to take care. This has the song
'Sachayee chup nahin sakti' and 'maine dekha tune dekha ..'
Music by LP. Actress is Mumtaz

Roti : Rajesh is a 'chota-mota chor'. To run away from police comes

to a village. On the way to the village kills a guy accidently
He finds the guy's parents in the village and takes care of
them. 'Gore rang pe na itna gooman kar', 'yaar haamari baat
soono', 'yeh public hai yeh sab jante hai' and the famous
'Naach mere bulbul paisa mile ga', all these songs from this
movie. Music by LP. This is a Manmohan Desai film. Actress is
Mumtaz.

Sachcha Jootha : This movie has the famous kishore song 'meri pyare

behania banegi dulhania'. Also, 'Dil ko dekho chera na
dekho'. He gets separated from his sister and gets involved
with some smugglers. I think he plays a double role. It has
been a long time since I saw the movie so I don't recall.
Music by Kalyanji-Anandji. I don't think this is a Manmohan
Desai film. I don't know the actress; I don't think it is
Mumtaz

Daag : This has the song 'Ab chaahe maa ruthe yaa baba' and also

'mere dil mein aaj kya hain' and 'hum aur tum tum aur hum'
This had Rakhee and Sharmila Tagore. He gets married to
Sharmila and they get separated. He thinks she is dead so
marries Raakhee. She comes back and the movie concludes.
I don't remember the ending. Music by LP

Hopefully, this would clarify things.

|> two movies which has same cast for main actors ( RK & acting being a null set

|> - this is not exactly valid but ..) Sachhaa jhoothhaa with Dushman... which has
|> some nice sounding songs.. such as "maine dekhaa tune dekhaa isne dekhaa usne
|> dekhaa sabne dekhaa .... kyaa dekhaa kyaa dekhaa... ik dushman jo doston se
|> pyaaraa hai .... ik gaon jo sheharon se nyaaraa hai .. " and possibly "ab
|> chaahe maa ruthhe yaa baaba.." ...

|> Please clear out the mist...!!
|>
|> ashish

To find out more about the anon service, send mail to he...@anon.penet.fi.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to ad...@anon.penet.fi.

PRAVEEN SHARMA

Sep 10, 1993, 11:33:00 AM9/10/93
In article <26hg08$1...@D012F233.mch.sni.de>, ab...@D012F233.mch.sni.de (Abhay Avachat) writes...

No this song is from ROTI
stg *** Rajesh Khanna and Mumtaz

Vaishali R. Khedekar

Sep 10, 1993, 5:28:26 PM9/10/93
In article <1993Sep10.0...@news.uta.edu> cein...@utacnvx.uta.edu (C.S. Sudarshana Bhat) writes:
>In article <051307Z...@anon.penet.fi> an2...@anon.penet.fi writes:
>
> Mr. Anonymous, even if you can't post from your normal site (wherever
> that is), please do sign off with your name, so that there will be a
> 'human being' to thank, at least!!
>>

>>YES, YOU HAVE MIXED UP TWO MOVIES HERE. LET ME CLARIFY.

< stuff deleted >

I have a doubt.Does anyone remember a song sung by KK and Lata and picturised on

Rajesh Khanna and Sharmila in a film where either RK or both of them are "Chors".

The song goes somewhat like this...

" Main ek chor tu meri rani,main ek chor tu meri rani,
chori chori _____________,ye apni prem kahani...."

Can someone post the lyrics???

Thanks.

-Vaishali.

Vaishali Khedekar vais...@cse.fau.edu

Never underestimate the power of the truly eccentric. | O \
carpe |-]#[^}
noctem _/ \_
My opinions are *mine* (alone) & *opinions*.

swaminathan,kashi r

Sep 11, 1993, 9:08:10 AM9/11/93

You are right! The Parvarish song goes as "O sathi re, tuj bin jiya
udhas re'. These lyrics above were from Mukaddar ka sikhandar.

Uma

C.S. Sudarshana Bhat

Sep 11, 1993, 10:58:59 AM9/11/93
In article <1993Sep11.1...@porthos.cc.bellcore.com> swa...@troy.cc.bellcore.com (swaminathan,kashi r) writes:
[...]

[...]
[...]

>You are right! The Parvarish song goes as "O sathi re, tuj bin jiya
>udhas re'. These lyrics above were from Mukaddar ka sikhandar.
>
>Uma

Prince is usually not way off base, and so I was kinda surprised at his
mistake. Now I know he was not all that much off :). BTW, the song
mentioned above goes 'saathee re ...' (i.e., there is no 'O' in the
beginning). Beautiful song - let's see how much I can remember w/o
resorting to cheating :-).

saathee re, saathee re, tujh bin jiyaa udaas re,
ye kaisee anbujh pyaas re, aa jaa, aa aa, aa aa, aa aa

Not much, I am afraid :(. If anyone is interested, I can listen to my
cassette and post it (it is a beautiful song indeed). Which brings me
to the 'subject' - the cassette I have this song in is a pre-rec cassette
released by HMV titled 'O saathee re' (Boy, are they subtle or what!!)
and it has 'o saathee re, tere binaa ...' too. *All* the songs in that
cassette are fantastic (I'll post the mukhRas sometime this weekend).
I was wondering if we could come up with our top 20 in terms of
pre-recorded cassettes (title and cassette number would be a great help
too, if you could get it!) - based on which *pre-recorded* cassette has
the best collection of songs.

Ciao.
Porky!

Preetham Gopalaswamy

Sep 11, 1993, 1:17:51 PM9/11/93

>> The movie is not Parvarish but *Mukaddar Ka Sikandar* *rring Amitabhachhan
>>rakhi, rekha, and Vinod khanna. I think the MD is Kalyanji-Anandji.
>>

>You are right! The Parvarish song goes as "O sathi re, tuj bin jiya
>udhas re'. These lyrics above were from Mukaddar ka sikhandar.
>
>Uma

Nope, the song "Tujh bin jiya udaas re" is I think from the film "Poonam ki
Raat", music by Salil and sung by Lata. It is a song from the 60s (if I
remember right although it may be as late as the early 70s).
The old "Parvarish" had music by Dattaram and the later one (*ring Amitabh) I
think by Kalyanji-Anandji.

Preetham

Ramesh Hariharan

Sep 11, 1993, 6:47:03 PM9/11/93

I suggest that 'Mhd. Rafi for Naushad' is one heck of a
collection .. will rank in my top 20 anyday ! It contains :

maan mera ehsaan aare nadaan
meri kahani bhoolne waale tera jahan aabad rahe
mujhe duniya waalon sharabi na samjhon
Oh ! Duniya ke rakhavale
Insaaf ka mandir hai ye
Mere pairon mein ghungaroo bandha de
Koyi saavar dil ko behalata nahi
Tere kooche mein armaano ki
aaj ki raat mere dil ki salaami leyle
aaj purani rahon se koyi mujhe aawaz na dey
suhani raat dhal chuki
(that's all I can think of now .. I maybe missing 3-4 songs )

Really great songs .. all of them !

Hey ! This is a really interesting thread .. I hope people list their
favorite pre-rec tapes and we can fight for deciding the top 20 :-)

John Jacob

Sep 11, 1993, 4:36:15 PM9/11/93
din...@iti.gov.sg (Dinesh Sharma) writes:

RE:

This is most probably "Roti" music by Laxmi-Pyare

Abhay writes:

There was a movie with these two, plus Shashi Kapoor (whom Mumtaz gets
married) and Vinod Khanna in a small role. Rajesh Khanna has done the
role of a "freedom fighter" in modern clothes, and Shashi acted the
role of a Police Officer serving British and all set to apprehend Kaka.
The song you are taliking about is perhaps from this movie.
Another song which I am sure is from this movie is
Phool aahista pheko, phool bade nazuk hote hain

This movie is "Prem Kahani"

Ashish S Bokil

Sep 12, 1993, 7:33:12 PM9/12/93
an2...@anon.penet.fi writes:

>|> Please clear out the mist...!!
>|>
>|> ashish

>Dushman : Rajesh kills Mala Sinha's husband in an accident and court

Phew !!!! It surely does ... and I am more at peace now...

Thanx a ton Mr an29533@anon..... It was a great job...

BTW.. since we are on the topic, I have one more question.. One related to a
clarification on this thread... The Q is about a song "Ye Kaisa Sur Mandir hai"
by Lata... I have this eterenal confusion as to whether this song is from
Prem Kahani or Prem Nagar... Could you guys bring me some more peace. ?!?!?!

ashish

Prince Kohli

Sep 13, 1993, 1:34:07 PM9/13/93
In article <1993Sep11.1...@news.uta.edu> cein...@utacnvx.uta.edu (C.S. Sudarshana Bhat) writes:

> I was wondering if we could come up with our top 20 in terms of
> pre-recorded cassettes (title and cassette number would be a great help
> too, if you could get it!) - based on which *pre-recorded* cassette has
> the best collection of songs.

Nice idea Porky. However, this is like selecting the most handsome heroine -
my choice is going to change weekly, if not daily :-) However, the current
pick of the week is a cassette volume of the best duets of Kishore and
Lata. There are 4 cassettes in the volume, around 220 minutes of pure
listening pleasure. Has all their great songs, too many to list here. It's
probably HMV.

And if you are a Rafi fan, then I also have the corresponding volume -
Rafi and Asha duets, down from the ages. So very melodious, some of them
(like the "Hum Dono" song, "abhi na jao chhod kar"), and some very fast
and catchy. My choice for next week :-)

Cheers,

-Prince

p.s. Rajanator, how come _you_ didn't participate in the KK quiz? Too
modest to show off your knowledge? Right, Preetham? :-)

Prince Kohli

Sep 13, 1993, 1:45:03 PM9/13/93
Sorry for following up to my own post, but this is just to keep the
flame-baiters off :-)

In article <1993Sep13.1...@cc.gatech.edu> pko...@cc.gatech.edu (Prince Kohli) writes:

>Nice idea Porky. However, this is like selecting the most handsome heroine -

^^^^^^^^
Beautiful is what I meant. Really!!

>my choice is going to change weekly, if not daily :-) However, the current
>pick of the week is a cassette volume of the best duets of Kishore and
>Lata. There are 4 cassettes in the volume, around 220 minutes of pure
>listening pleasure. Has all their great songs, too many to list here. It's
>probably HMV.

-Prince