Genius of Anil Biswas: CD Track Listing

Prithviraj Dasgupta

Apr 12, 2003, 9:04:50 PM4/12/03
> > On a related note, can some one who has
> > the Audio CD 'Genius of Anil Biswas'
> > list the tracks?
> > - Balaji

The CD I have is 'Genius of Anil Biswas'. I believe this
CD was a subset of the 2 pack tape containing AnilB songs.
There has also been a later release of AnilB's songs on HMV CD.
I heard that the later CD has more than 18 tracks. 'aa mere
raa.Njhanaa'(Heer/Lata) is in the newer CD.

'Genius of Anil Biswas' tracks: (I am writing this from memory,
song order may be wrong, couple of minor errors might be there.)

Main unki ban jaaun re/Parul Ghosh/Hamari Baat
Dheere dheere aa re badal/Arun Kumar/Kismat
Saanjh ki bela/Arun Kumar + chorus/Jwar Bhata
Dil jalta hai to jalne do/Mukhesh/Pehli Nazar
Yaad rakhna chand taro/Lata/Anokha Pyar
Door papiha bole/Suraiya/Gajre
Mast pawan hai chanchal dhara/Lata/Jeet
Tumhare bulane ko ji chahta hai/Lata/Ladli
Aye dil mujhe aise jagah le chal/Talat/Arzoo
Seene mein sulaghte hain armaan/Talat-Lata/Tarana
Aye jaan-e-jigar/Mukesh/Aaram
Muhabbat tarq ki maine/Talat/Do Raha
Aa mohabbat ki basti/Lata-KK/Fareb
Rahi matwale/Talat-Suraiya/
Jhilmil sitraron ke tale aa/Lata/Naaz
Rasiya re man basiya re/Meena Kapoor/Pardesi
Dheere dheere dhal re chanda/Arti Mukherjeer/Angulimal
Zindagi ka ajab fasana hai/Lata-Mukesh/Chhoti chhoti baaten

-Prithviraj

Abhay Jain

Apr 13, 2003, 11:15:03 AM4/13/03

"Prithviraj Dasgupta" <prith...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > On a related note, can some one who has
> > > the Audio CD 'Genius of Anil Biswas'
> > > list the tracks?
> > > - Balaji
>
> The CD I have is 'Genius of Anil Biswas'. I believe this
> CD was a subset of the 2 pack tape containing AnilB songs.
> There has also been a later release of AnilB's songs on HMV CD.
> I heard that the later CD has more than 18 tracks. 'aa mere
> raa.Njhanaa'(Heer/Lata) is in the newer CD.
>

> -Prithviraj

Newer Collection that I have is "The Golden Collection Anil Biswas".
It has 22 tracks and track 19 is "More Ranjha" from Heer.

Abhay Jain

Balaji Murthy

Apr 14, 2003, 1:17:26 PM4/14/03
"Prithviraj Dasgupta" <prith...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > On a related note, can some one who has
> > > the Audio CD 'Genius of Anil Biswas'
> > > list the tracks?
> > > - Balaji
>
> 'Genius of Anil Biswas' tracks: (I am writing this from memory,
> song order may be wrong, couple of minor errors might be there.)
>
> Main unki ban jaaun re/Parul Ghosh/Hamari Baat
> Dheere dheere aa re badal/Arun Kumar/Kismat
> Saanjh ki bela/Arun Kumar + chorus/Jwar Bhata
> Dil jalta hai to jalne do/Mukhesh/Pehli Nazar
> Yaad rakhna chand taro/Lata/Anokha Pyar
> Door papiha bole/Suraiya/Gajre
> Mast pawan hai chanchal dhara/Lata/Jeet
> Tumhare bulane ko ji chahta hai/Lata/Ladli
> Aye dil mujhe aise jagah le chal/Talat/Arzoo
> Seene mein sulaghte hain armaan/Talat-Lata/Tarana
> Aye jaan-e-jigar/Mukesh/Aaram
> Muhabbat tarq ki maine/Talat/Do Raha
> Aa mohabbat ki basti/Lata-KK/Fareb
> Rahi matwale/Talat-Suraiya/
> Jhilmil sitraron ke tale aa/Lata/Naaz
> Rasiya re man basiya re/Meena Kapoor/Pardesi
> Dheere dheere dhal re chanda/Arti Mukherjeer/Angulimal
> Zindagi ka ajab fasana hai/Lata-Mukesh/Chhoti chhoti baaten

Thanks for the list. The one notable inclusion seems to be the Naaz song,
which I haven't seen before on any other release.

- Balaj

naniwadekar

Apr 14, 2003, 1:42:10 PM4/14/03

"Balaji Murthy" <bmu...@yahoo.com> wrote -

> > 'Genius of Anil Biswas' tracks: (I am writing this from memory,
> > song order may be wrong, couple of minor errors might be there.)
> > (list snipped)

> > Aa mohabbat ki basti/Lata-KK/Fareb
> > Rahi matwale/Talat-Suraiya/
> > Jhilmil sitraron ke tale aa/Lata/Naaz
>
> Thanks for the list. The one notable inclusion seems to be the Naaz song,
> which I haven't seen before on any other release.

The Naaz beauty (jhilamil sitaaro.n ke tale aa) was released on
LP long ago (probably 1970s). Two LPs have been released
honouring Anil Biswas. The other one is better known and had
two stanzas of the Hamdard raag-mala on it. The lesser known
LP featured 'suhaanii beriyaa', 'man kaa pa.nchhii', 'paradesii
ghar aa jaa', and the Naaz song among others.

- dn

Satish Kalra

Apr 14, 2003, 8:21:52 PM4/14/03
"naniwadekar" <nani3...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Balaji Murthy" <bmu...@yahoo.com> wrote -
> > >
> > > 'Genius of Anil Biswas' tracks: (I am writing this from memory,
> > > song order may be wrong, couple of minor errors might be there.)
> > > (list snipped)
> > > Aa mohabbat ki basti/Lata-KK/Fareb
> > > Rahi matwale/Talat-Suraiya/
> > > Jhilmil sitraron ke tale aa/Lata/Naaz
> >
> > Thanks for the list. The one notable inclusion seems to be the Naaz
song,
> > which I haven't seen before on any other release.
> >

> The Naaz beauty (jhilamil sitaaro.n ke tale aa) was released on
> LP long ago (probably 1970s).

"jhilmil sitaaron ke tale aa meraa daaman thaam le" was not in the first LP
of Anil Biswas released in the alte 60's orearly 70's.

Bhagwant Sagoo and/or Gurcharan Sandhu and/or M.L. Kapur or whoever else has
that LP can probably confirm that in an instant from their collections. I
would have to find the tape I made from that LP to list all the tracks, but
I am positive this song wasn't there.

Happy Listenings.

Satish Kalra

naniwadekar

Apr 14, 2003, 8:53:11 PM4/14/03

"Satish Kalra" <Satish...@verizon.net> wrote -

> > The Naaz beauty (jhilamil sitaaro.n ke tale aa) was released on
> > LP long ago (probably 1970s).
>
> "jhilmil sitaaron ke tale aa meraa daaman thaam le" was not in the first
LP
> of Anil Biswas released in the late 60's or early 70's.

Well, you made me check in the geet kosh. It says this song
was released on LP (PMLP 1111/1121). I am even more
sure now that the four songs listed by me in my last post were
included on this LP. As you know the 1940s hfgk mentions
only the 78 rpm record #s. So I don't have any proof at hand
about 'suhaanii beriyaa' or 'paradesii ghar aa jaa' being on this LP.
But trust me on this. The entry for Mehmaan takes us into the
'50s and it does say 'man kaa panchhii' was on LP - PMLP 1111.
I don't know what that 1121 bit indicates.

The other LP release for Anilda (with songs in Hamdard, Gajre,
Fareb, et al) was on LP - ECLP 5502.

- dn

Prithviraj Dasgupta

Apr 15, 2003, 1:27:05 AM4/15/03
"naniwadekar" <nani3...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > "Satish Kalra" <Satish...@verizon.net> wrote -

> > "jhilmil sitaaron ke tale aa meraa daaman thaam le" was not in the first
> > LP
> > of Anil Biswas released in the late 60's or early 70's.
> >

> Well, you made me check in the geet kosh. It says this song
> was released on LP (PMLP 1111/1121). I am even more
> sure now that the four songs listed by me in my last post were
> included on this LP.

I think Satish-ji is correct because HMV started the PMLP
series of LP-s (for songs re-released on 33-1/3 LP from 78 rpms)
around 1982-83. In the 60s and 70s, songs from 78-s reissued
on 33-1/3 LP used to have album numbers beginning with
EALP/ECLP(HMV) or 33ESX (Columbia).

I have a feeling that the PMLP 1111/1121, 2-LP set that
you mention above might be the album 'All time greats - Anil Biswas'.
I have seen the 'All Time Greats - AB' 2 pack CS and
that does have 'jhilmil sitaron ke tale aa'. The 'Genius of
AnilB' CD was made by selecting some of the tracks
from this album. AFAIR 'All Time Greats - AB' was a mid 80s
release.

-Prithviraj

Surjit Singh

Apr 15, 2003, 1:37:37 AM4/15/03
Here is a listing of many PMLP and other series:

http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~schneide/discogr/hmvindia/index.php3?prefix=PMLP

--
Surjit Singh, a diehard movie fan(atic), period.
http://hindi-movies-songs.com/index.html

Gurcharan Sandhu

Apr 15, 2003, 7:40:19 AM4/15/03

snipped

> > The Naaz beauty (jhilamil sitaaro.n ke tale aa) was released on
> > LP long ago (probably 1970s).
>
> "jhilmil sitaaron ke tale aa meraa daaman thaam le" was not in the first
LP
> of Anil Biswas released in the alte 60's orearly 70's.
>
> Bhagwant Sagoo and/or Gurcharan Sandhu and/or M.L. Kapur or whoever else
has
> that LP can probably confirm that in an instant from their collections. I
> would have to find the tape I made from that LP to list all the tracks,
but
> I am positive this song wasn't there.
>

> Happy Listenings.
>
> Satish Kalra

The 2 LPs of Anil Biswas are:

1. The Music of Anil Biswas from Hindi Films ECLP 5502 issued in 1976, and
2. Vintage Favourites Anil Biswas PMLP 1111 issued in 1986.

'Jhil-mil sitaaron tale...' is found on both PMLP 1111 and PMLP 1221, which
is My Favourites Vol.2 Lata Mangeshkar Record 1 Side 2 ( each volume was
a set of 2 records) Lata's 2 volumes comprising a set of 8 records were
issued
in 1988.

Hope this clarifies the issue.

-Gurcharan

Balaji Murthy

Apr 15, 2003, 2:12:27 PM4/15/03
"Gurcharan Sandhu" <ggss...@aol.com> wrote in message

> snipped
>
> > > The Naaz beauty (jhilamil sitaaro.n ke tale aa) was released on
> > > LP long ago (probably 1970s).
> >
> > "jhilmil sitaaron ke tale aa meraa daaman thaam le" was not in the first
LP
> > of Anil Biswas released in the alte 60's orearly 70's.
> >
> > Satish Kalra
>
> The 2 LPs of Anil Biswas are:
>
> 1. The Music of Anil Biswas from Hindi Films ECLP 5502 issued in 1976, and
> 2. Vintage Favourites Anil Biswas PMLP 1111 issued in 1986.
>
> 'Jhil-mil sitaaron tale...' is found on both PMLP 1111 and PMLP 1221,
which
> is My Favourites Vol.2 Lata Mangeshkar Record 1 Side 2 ( each volume was
> a set of 2 records) Lata's 2 volumes comprising a set of 8 records were
> issued
> in 1988.
>
> Hope this clarifies the issue.

Vintage Favourites has been released on cassette (single tape) too. I bought
it around 86-87 as well. Now I wonder what else is missing on that tape.
Certainly it doesn't have 'jhil mil sitaaro.n ke tale'.

Thnaks to all who responded.

- Balaji

Gurcharan Sandhu

Apr 15, 2003, 2:28:02 PM4/15/03
Clarification:

My post should have read Lata's 'My Favourites' were issued as
two separate sets, Vol. 1 & 2.

Each volume had 2 jackets containing 2 records each- Record 1
& 2; Record 3 & 4. Hence 8 records in all, PMLP 1170-71,
1172-73; 1221-22 and 1223-24.

Some people misread the footnote in HFGK vol 3 ed. 2,
' PMLP 1111/1221 ' as PMLP 1111/1112 thinking it might
be a misprint for a two volume set. The entry only indicates
that the song is available on 2 separate LPs bearing a common
prefix to their coupling numbers.

I don't believe Nani made this error. It was his typo in keying in
1121 instead of 1221.

-Gurcharan

MLKAPUR

Apr 19, 2003, 10:19:18 PM4/19/03
The Gramophone Company Of India Limited ( EMI) in 1976 also issued an
LP ECLP5502 The Music of ANIL BISWAS From Hindi Films . MLK

Satish Kalra

Apr 20, 2003, 8:50:56 AM4/20/03
"MLKAPUR" <mlk...@aol.com> wrote in message

> The Gramophone Company Of India Limited ( EMI) in 1976 also
issued an
> LP ECLP5502 The Music of ANIL BISWAS From Hindi Films . MLK

I was finally able to dig out my tape made from that LP. And Dr. Kapur has
given us the right title of the LP; that is what I have on my tape also.
Here are the 12 tracks on the album.

1. ai jaan-e-jigar
2. ruuth ke tum to chald iye
3. siine mein sulagate hainaramaan
4. duur papiihaa bolaa
5. aa muhobbat ki basatii basaaenge hum
6. kahaan tak humuthaayen Gum
7. ritu aaye ritu jaaye sakhi rii (only two stanzas - chait mahiinaa and
barkhaa rut bairii hamaar)
8. ik dil kaa lagaanaa baakii tha
9. muhabbat tark kii mainne
10. kab aaoge - baalamaa - .....baras baras badalii bhii...
11. zamaane kaa dastuur hai ye puraanaa
12. saanjh kii laalii..intezaar aur abhii

--
Happy Listenings.

Satish Kalra

MLKAPUR

Apr 22, 2003, 11:13:20 AM4/22/03
You are right , this song is not on LP mlk.