Your personal choice - Five (5) best songs of LATA MANGESHKAR (solos)

S.Jayaraman

Aug 27, 2003, 1:57:00 AM8/27/03
As a music researcher/enthusiast of Indian Cine music for the last so
many years, I am now trying to ASSESS/EVALUATE (purely a personal
obsession !) by requesting all music lovers of INDIAN CINEMA
,including my Pakistani brothers/friends - to enumerate their personal
FIVE BEST FILM solo numbers of LATA MANGESHKAR of her career:

Besides, you will have to indicate why you like the song, preferably
in about 10 lines.... whatever be the reason(s) which YOU perceive!!

Please try to post your reply by 10th September/2003.

Jay
27/8

aanand

Aug 27, 2003, 8:25:17 AM8/27/03
1. Tum qya jano Tumhari yadd mein ( CR- Shina shina ki bubla bu)

The best thing happened in Hindi Film music Lata-CR Combination. HE
knew exactly how to create tunes for Lata and lata knew exactly what
to deliver. This pathos filled song in IMO was their best. His sweet
and melodic tunes was forte of Lata.

The other combination close to this was Lata with anil biswas but i
think CR tunes were more simple and more sweet more melodic.

2. Woh to chale gaye ae dil ( Sajjad- Sangdil)

I personally do not consider Sajjad genius due to his limited output
but this tune is ablsolutely brilliant. Lata's singing in early 50
fulfills all demand of this song and adds some little extra.

I prefer this song over humara bad ab mehfil mein and hum par mein
jalane walonko by MM.

3. julmi sag aankh ladi ( Madhumati- Salil)

Sweet folk tune. I wanted one folksy song in my list and could not
find better one even by SDB. I would have preferred Salil composing
this way than his westernised intricate tunes. Agaian utter sweetness
of this demanded Lata and what a performance !!

One more reason add folk song to this song. Lata never composed tunes
in Hindi but she composed for 5 movies in Marathi. The flavour of all
those songs was very folk based.

4. Kuch dil ne kaha ( Anupama- Hemant Kumar)

Dream song !!! Song sung by heart and not by lips. This song required
very delicate singing and choice was obvious.

I prefer this song over Chhip gay koi re , Phaili hue hain sapano ki
bahane, yeh dil aur unki nigahon ke saye, Aap yu phasalone se
guajarate rahe & rahe na rahe hum which in IMO similar kind of songs(
By mood) .

Also I consider HM as better composer than singer . My other favourite
of same combo is Sun ri sakhi mohe sajan bulaye from Nagin.

5. Man mohana bade zhuthe ( Seema- SJ)

SJ song in my list ???but wanted one classical based song and i think
this was the Best!!! Again this song was sung so softly inspite being
classical.( Compare with the noise Rafi and manna dey create in
classical based songs as if they are khan sahibs) . Also in IMO one of
best picturised songs. Nutan did perfect lip movements which Again IMO
best actress for lata's playback. ( Other 2 are madhubala and
vaijayantimala whose songs i have already included. I wish i could i
have included one song picturised on Sadhana also).

If given choice to include few more songs i will add

1. kail kali raat yeh dil bada sataye
2. duwa kar game dil
3. saware saware
4. tere pyar mein dildar
5. julm ulfat pe hamien log saja dete hain

rgds
anand.

Sudhir

Sep 5, 2003, 4:16:50 AM9/5/03
Mr. Jayaraman:

You and myself, both of us thought that we could lure some idiot members,
to post replies to our queries. For you it was this post, i.e.

Your Personal Choice - Five (5) best songs of LATA MANGESHKAR (solors)

and for me, it was:

Seeking Nominations - to find the Five Best Enzymes

Since, we both have been disappointed in our search, how about you
posting a write-up on my thread and me doing the similar act for you.

A perfect case of one monkey scratching other monkey's back.

Sudhir

---------------------------------

sjh...@yahoo.com (S.Jayaraman) wrote in message

> As a music researcher/enthusiast of Indian Cine music for the last so

S.Jayaraman

Sep 5, 2003, 9:41:15 AM9/5/03
maild...@yahoo.com (Sudhir) wrote in message news:<e32c7906.03090...@posting.google.com>...

> Mr. Jayaraman:
>
> You and myself, both of us thought that we could lure some idiot members,
> to post replies to our queries. For you it was this post, i.e.
>
> Your Personal Choice - Five (5) best songs of LATA MANGESHKAR (solors)
>
> and for me, it was:
>
> Seeking Nominations - to find the Five Best Enzymes
>

> Since, we both have been disappointed in our search, how about you
> posting a write-up on my thread and me doing the similar act for you.
>
> A perfect case of one monkey scratching other monkey's back.
>

> Sudhir

Why you call RMIMers idiots? I treat them as 'bhaktas' - awareness
varies from person to person.IGNORANCE IN THIS WORLD WILL ALWAYS BE
THERE LIKE DARKNESS.Whereever/whenever possible one shd 'enlighten' to
dispel ignorance!

Thats an insult toyour ownself you are doing so.Please, do not repeat
this ,please.

Yes, I will surely comply your request.
Jay
5/9