Poll: Best song of all time?

Raven

May 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/5/96

Something about this Kishore song "Apni to Jaise Taise" does something to
me. What do y'all think?

Syed Rizwan

May 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/6/96

>Something about this Kishore song "Apni to Jaise Taise" does something to
>me. What do y'all think?

Are you talking about the song itself? Or the first 2.5 minutes of it
with the girl moaning and screaming?

Anyway, the song is pretty good too.. *grin*

Rizwan

Vinod Arekar

May 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/6/96

Raven wrote:

> Something about this Kishore song "Apni to Jaise Taise" does something to
> me. What do y'all think?

...that you're a damned weirdo!

Sunil Kabra

May 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/6/96

In article <318D0F...@sirius.com>, Raven <shar...@sirius.com> writes...

>Something about this Kishore song "Apni to Jaise Taise" does something to
>me. What do y'all think?

Just the way, 'Thodi see jo peelee hai, chori to nahin kee hai' does
something to me..

Raven

May 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/7/96
to Syed Rizwan

Syed Rizwan wrote:

> In <318D0F...@sirius.com> Raven <shar...@sirius.com> writes:
>
> >Something about this Kishore song "Apni to Jaise Taise" does something to
> >me. What do y'all think?
>
> Are you talking about the song itself? Or the first 2.5 minutes of it
> with the girl moaning and screaming?
>
> Anyway, the song is pretty good too.. *grin*
>
> Rizwan

What the hell are you talking about? A girl moaning and screaming? There's nothing like
that on the CD.

--

I hate Saif Ali Khan, so should you.

Raven

Raven

May 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/7/96
to Vinod Arekar

Vinod Arekar wrote:

> Raven wrote:
> >
> > Something about this Kishore song "Apni to Jaise Taise" does something to
> > me. What do y'all think?
>
> ...that you're a damned weirdo!

Why am I a weirdo? Cuz I have a different opinion than you?

Gurjeet Singh

May 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/7/96

1) Ke Pag Ghoonghroo Baandh Meeraa Naachee Thee - NAMAK HALAAL
2) Rim-Jhim Gire Saawan - MANJIL
3) Rote Hooye Aate Hai Sub - MUQUADAR KAA SIKANDER

Gurj.

Raven

May 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/7/96
to Sunil Kabra

Sunil Kabra wrote:

> In article <318D0F...@sirius.com>, Raven <shar...@sirius.com> writes...
> >Something about this Kishore song "Apni to Jaise Taise" does something to
> >me. What do y'all think?
>
> Just the way, 'Thodi see jo peelee hai, chori to nahin kee hai' does
> something to me..

What movie is this from. It sounds cool.

Ramesh Hariharan

May 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/9/96

Raven <shar...@sirius.com> wrote:

>> >Something about this Kishore song "Apni to Jaise Taise" does something to
>> >me. What do y'all think?
>>
>> Just the way, 'Thodi see jo peelee hai, chori to nahin kee hai' does
>> something to me..
>
>What movie is this from. It sounds cool.

>Raven

Even if I had to save my life, I wouldn't figure out how this song
could belong in this thread... surely a timepass song though.. Well..
as Rajan would say "Different folks different strokes" .. This one is
from Laawaris, Kalayanji-Anandji.

There's SOOOO.. much to choose from for the best song of all
time ..Still..my vote would have to go to "Kahin door jab din dhal jaaye"

Ravi Krishna

May 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/9/96

Sunil Kabra wrote:
: In article <318D0F...@sirius.com>, Raven <shar...@sirius.com> writes...
: >Something about this Kishore song "Apni to Jaise Taise" does something to
: >me. What do y'all think?

I hope you are just kidding , if not then I think you are a person with the
most unfortunate musical taste.

Ravi Krishna

May 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/9/96

Reshma

May 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/11/96

The best song has to be none other than "chingari koyi bhadke" from amar
prem...this has to be one of the most memorable kishore song i have ever
heard....i was told that he sung this song when he did a show in new york
about 15 times or more, due to public demand.

Chetan Vinchhi

May 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/14/96

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.960511...@panther.Gsu.EDU>,

Reminds me of a joke that goes something like your description of the 'show'.
Except that after about 47 encores, the singer said 'please let me go to the
next song....' at which the audience shouted 'not until you get this one
right !'
:)
Which reminds me....KK does go off a bit in this song.

U.V. Ravindra

May 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/14/96

;-) ;-)

Nice joke, Chetan, but could you be specific about where exactly
KK goes "off" in this song. I am no KKKlaner, but I do believe
that KK's voice made extremely few mistakes, if any, till very
close to the very end ... when, of course, he used to falter
pretty often.

To my ears [ ;-) haven't we heard that one before, Chetan?],
of all the songs from Amar Prem, 'yeh kya hua' is the best.

Regards,
Ravindra.

Pradeep Dubey

May 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/14/96

In article <3198BB...@vnet.ibm.com>, "U.V. Ravindra" <u...@vnet.ibm.com> writes:
|> Chetan Vinchhi wrote:

|> > Reminds me of a joke that goes something like your description of the 'show'.
|> > Except that after about 47 encores, the singer said 'please let me go to the
|> > next song....' at which the audience shouted 'not until you get this one
|> > right !'
|> > :)
|> > Which reminds me....KK does go off a bit in this song.

|> ;-) ;-)
|>

|> Nice joke, Chetan, but could you be specific about where exactly
|> KK goes "off" in this song. I am no KKKlaner, but I do believe
|> that KK's voice made extremely few mistakes, if any, till very
|> close to the very end ... when, of course, he used to falter
|> pretty often.

Just wanted to let you all know that I am simply ecstatic
at times like this when srong KK-defence is put up by otherwise
"RAFIans" like: UVR, Sanjeev, for example this or
'atrocious KK accent' charges. Thank you so much guys!

Pradeep

Rajesh Gathwala

May 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/14/96
to rkri...@informix.com

Probably raven"s ear are as sharp as of snakes!!!

U.V. Ravindra

May 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/15/96

Pradeep Dubey wrote:

> Just wanted to let you all know that I am simply ecstatic
> at times like this when srong KK-defence is put up by otherwise
> "RAFIans" like: UVR, Sanjeev, for example this or
> 'atrocious KK accent' charges. Thank you so much guys!
>
> Pradeep

Well, that just shows how *gentlemanly* we Rafi-ans are!
Our contention is always that "Your guy wasn't bad,
he was good, but hey! ours was THE BEST!"

Ravindra.
A *strong* Rafi-an ;-)

anand

May 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/15/96

Hi!

I am a music lover first and then a 'Rafian'! I must say that Kishore made
really very few mistakes in his singing career ... a thing any singer is
bound to do ... I can pinpoint a few Rafi songs where he goes off slightly
... , again, these mistakes are far and few! As our fellow knowledgeable
RMIMers mentioned .. 'it is a tall order for any singer to go thro' his
entire singing career without a few mistakes here and there!' Kishore's
voice is a pleasure to the ears as is his bountiful singing talents! We
kinda' miss that these days ...I must confess that Kishore's version of
'Tum bin jaaon kahan' sounded better to me than Rafi's ... and that I
hardly find anything wrong in Kishore's pronunciation. 'Jaavo', 'Aavo'
etc. was just his style of rendering ...He may have done it purposely to
add some 'masti' or 'shararat'!

... It is just that Rafi has been my sentimental favorite ... his voice
(& singing) is just too 'endearing' to me! :-) I, also, don't see anything
bad in Rafi's voice in the 70's.

Anand Kuppuswamy

... A music lover who thinks this newsgroup is great!

Pradeep Dubey

May 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/17/96

In article <319A2A...@vnet.ibm.com>, "U.V. Ravindra" <u...@vnet.ibm.com> writes:
|> Pradeep Dubey wrote:
|>
|> > Just wanted to let you all know that I am simply ecstatic
|> > at times like this when srong KK-defence is put up by otherwise
|> > "RAFIans" like: UVR, Sanjeev, for example this or
|> > 'atrocious KK accent' charges. Thank you so much guys!
|> >
|> > Pradeep
|> >

|> Well, that just shows how *gentlemanly* we Rafi-ans are!

KKKlan-ers can also be *gentlemen* (no I am not sexist:-).
To test out my hypothesis, I propose you start a thread
titled: "Rafi's atrocious hindi/urdu accent" and I bet many
KKKlaners (certainly me) would very strongly defend Rafi :-)

Pradeep
P.S. Yes I am aware of some who would find flaw in his
shloka recitation at the start of "jahaan daal daal par ..."
but ...

Chetan Vinchhi

May 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/17/96

In article <3198BB...@vnet.ibm.com>, "U.V. Ravindra" <u...@vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

>Nice joke, Chetan, but could you be specific about where exactly
>KK goes "off" in this song.

Thanks.
Near the end of the 'madiira jo pyaas lagaaye...' couplet.