Best Violin Accompaniment Award for Meera Sivaramakrishnan

Attronica

Jan 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/5/96
Meera Sivaramakrishnan's violin accompaniment was selected as the best by
the Music Academy, Madras during the Sadas of the Academy on January 1,
1996.

Meera accompanied Sangeeta Kalanidhi Mrs. Mani Krishnaswamy in the
Academy concert.

Meera will be accompanying Priya sisters during their North American
concert tour from march 1, 1996 thru May 31, 1996.

Mani Varadarajan

Jan 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/6/96
In article <4cjddm$n...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> attr...@aol.com (Attronica) writes:

> Meera Sivaramakrishnan's violin accompaniment was selected as the best by
> the Music Academy, Madras during the Sadas of the Academy on January 1,
> 1996.

I do not mean to detract from Meera's violin playing,
which I am sure was exemplary for her to have won an
award during the Music Academy season, but there are
many, many awards given to violin accompanists by the
Music Academy. To my knowledge, there is no single
award indicating that a particular violinist was the
``best'' over and above all others.

Congratulations, however, are still due to Meera.
Good job!

Mani