Raga for Rafi Song

৬টি ভিউ
প্রথম অপঠিত মেসেজটিতে চলে আসুন

Somesh Jha

পড়া হয়নি,
২২ জানু, ২০০৮, ১:৩৯:৫০ PM২২/১/০৮
প্রাপক
Hello:

What is the raga for the following scintillating Rafi song?

"Mein apne aap se ghabra gaya hoon"

I simply love this song. It has a very haunting melody.

If anybody knows the lyrics, please post it as well.

Thanks
Somesh (j...@cs.wisc.edu)

PS: Listen to Mohd. Vakil's rendition of this song on youtube. It is
excellent.

Sanjeev Ramabhadran

পড়া হয়নি,
২২ জানু, ২০০৮, ৫:৩৫:১৫ PM২২/১/০৮
প্রাপক
On Jan 22, 1:39 pm, Somesh Jha <j...@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> What is the raga for the following scintillating Rafi song?
>
> "Mein apne aap se ghabra gaya hoon"
>
> I simply love this song. It has a very haunting melody.
>
> If anybody knows the lyrics, please post it as well.

Tilang - for lyrics, try at www.giitaayan.com.

Sanjeev

Nandu Kulkarni

পড়া হয়নি,
২৩ জানু, ২০০৮, ৮:৪১:০৯ AM২৩/১/০৮
প্রাপক
On Jan 23, 3:35 am, Sanjeev Ramabhadran

Sanjeev,
You have started off an interesting discussion! The song sounds
tantalisingly like Tilang, but the notes are all Todi (with "Mein"
starting on the taar shadja) Except for one use of komal nishad the
swars are all pure Todi. It's probably a murchana of some kind, but
it's hard to figure out!

Nandu Kulkarni

PS: You have many fans in my family! My wife and daughter still talk
about your program in Pune where you and your wife sang. When are you
dong it again?

Nandu Kulkarni

পড়া হয়নি,
২৩ জানু, ২০০৮, ১০:০৫:৪৭ AM২৩/১/০৮
প্রাপক
> dong it again?- Hide quoted text -

Sorry for jumping to a conclusion rather hastily. It is undoubtedly
Tilang - if you start on the gandhar (which is where it should start).
Just chose the wrong frame of reference!
Nandu

Somesh Jha

পড়া হয়নি,
২৯ জানু, ২০০৮, ২:০৫:৪৬ PM২৯/১/০৮
প্রাপক
Thank you so much Sanjeev. I had guessed right that is was some
raag in the "Khamaj family".

If you don't mind me asking, what was the "telling sequence of notes"
which gave it away as Tilang? If I am bothering you too much, please
feel free to ignore my question.

I know the western classical music system, but am just getting into
hindustani classical music. I feel like I am at the nursery level in
hindustani classical music.:-)

Sanjeev Ramabhadran

পড়া হয়নি,
১ ফেব, ২০০৮, ১২:১৭:২৬ PM১/২/০৮
প্রাপক
On Jan 29, 2:05 pm, Somesh Jha <j...@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
> Thank you so much Sanjeev. I had guessed right that is was some
> raag in the "Khamaj family".
>
> If you don't mind me asking, what was the "telling sequence of notes"
> which gave it away as Tilang?

It's kinda there all through, but most obviously at "Mujhe Ae Zindagi
Deewana Kar De". Try Rajan Parrikar's SAWF article for more Tilang
details and samples (might be filed under the Khamaj article, but
can't remember).

Sanjeev

0টি নতুন মেসেজ