Shafaatullah Khan - Found guilty of Child molestation charges

Another Victim

Dec 21, 2008, 9:39:35 PM12/21/08
Posted on Fri, Dec. 19, 2008

Pa. music teacher convicted of indecent assault

The Associated Press

NORRISTOWN, Pa. - A Philadelphia-area instructor of Indian music faces
a possible sentence of seven to 14 years in prison on charges that he
indecently assaulted a teenage girl who took lessons in his home.

A Montgomery County Court jury convicted 43-year-old Shafaat Khan of
Upper Merion Township of corruption of a minor, indecent assault and
unlawful contact with a minor. Judge Richard Hodgson said Khan must
post $25,000 cash bail by Monday or be jailed pending sentencing next
year.

A 14-year-old girl who took keyboard lessons from Khan accused him of
indecent contact between December 2006 and February 2007, including
inappropriate touching and massaging, and said he had her remove some
of her clothing. Khan denied the allegations.

Khan is known for playing the sitar, and has played concerts worldwide
and at the Kimmel Center in Philadelphia.

Town Crier

Dec 23, 2008, 10:31:10 AM12/23/08
On Dec 22, 7:39 am, Another Victim <sah...@gmail.com> wrote about the
progress of the Shafaat Khan vs Pennsylvania (I guess) case about
which we have read on r.m.i.c earlier.

What is with you, friend? On Nov 27 you posted a test message,
presumably to make sure your screen name had changed to "Another
Victim", and now this. If you really are (or represent) an as yet
undiscovered person who has allegedly suffered at the hands of Mr.
Khan, you should be giving evidence in the case rather than wasting
your time posting on r.m.i.c which very few read anyway.

I don't have anything to do with either Shafaat Khan or the District
Attorney. But I find your desire to spread this news both puzzling
and unsavory. Do let us know what is really bothering you. It may
make you feel better.

DG

pandu_hawaldar

Dec 30, 2008, 5:42:28 PM12/30/08
Bottom line, the fact is that Shafaatullah Khan is found guilty of the
crime by a jury.
DG, god forbid, but you'd know why "Another victim" is writing here if
your were in his shoes.

Pandu.Hawaldar