About Respect

GemAmber

Jun 4, 2004, 1:59:07 PM6/4/04
Mark, this past couple of days has been an eye-opener for me. Beginning with
my assumption that you were Michael McDonald's age (I apologize for assuming)
and my questioning your hostility by asking 'Don't you like me?' (a poor
attempt at humor and/or trying to be likable).

While I don't agree with your method of pressing your opinion and being hostile
to those with opposing views, I DO respect the passion you have for your views.
Conviction is good. But the anger with which you color everything is NOT
good, and no bullshit, I worry about the effect your anger has on your health.
You are not going to change anyone to your point of view -- nor will I, or Joe,
or Neil etc. We're all adults and we have pretty much made up our minds on
things. Go ahead and disagree, but attacks are an unnecessary defense
mechanism that does no one any good, least of all you.

Respectfully,

Judy

Roxanne McDaniel

Jun 4, 2004, 2:20:36 PM6/4/04

"GemAmber" <gema...@aol.com> wrote in message

Well said. I'm with Judy.

Olompali4

Jun 4, 2004, 2:53:59 PM6/4/04
"GemAmber" writes about gratefulmark:

> I DO respect the passion you have for your
>views.<

Not me. It is Infantile, vulgar and totally consumed. Zealous insanity.
Places a black mark on passion.

Garry Bryan

Jun 4, 2004, 3:01:42 PM6/4/04

"Roxanne McDaniel" <theo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

STFU!! I'm with Kimock!! ############

Garry

Mark

Jun 4, 2004, 4:07:34 PM6/4/04
>olom...@aol.compton (Olompali4) wrote:
>Date: 6/4/2004 2:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time

I agree 100%. Of course the same holds true for the ranting nutbags on the
other side of the political continuim. They both give passion a bad name.

Mark

JimK

Jun 4, 2004, 5:09:26 PM6/4/04

You're entirely correct, but you're also wasting your time. If nobody
responds to the jerk's insane postings, he'll eventually go away.

JimK

GrtflMark

Jun 4, 2004, 5:56:48 PM6/4/04
>Subject: About Respect
>From: gema...@aol.com (GemAmber)
>Date: 6/4/2004 12:59 PM Central Daylight Time

....That's all well and good -- now, do you see how your snide, unsolicited
remarks about my age and my behavior, and your insulting innuendo about my
maturity might fit into the category of "attacks" you discussed above?

Think about it. You get what you solicit.

I enjoy conversing with folks - despite what some here might say. I am aware
that my set of belief draws a lot of natural hostility here. I am also aware
that this is UseNet - and I don't have to take any crap from anyone here, and I
am as capable of giving as good as I get as anyone on this board.

I am also nicer that my board personality would imply. Lay off the covert
hostility and snide remarks stuff and we'll get along fine - disagreements or
no. Take care.

GrtflMark

Jun 4, 2004, 5:58:12 PM6/4/04
>Subject: Re: About Respect
>From: olom...@aol.compton (Olompali4)
>Date: 6/4/2004 1:53 PM Central Daylight Time

....your issues, your opinions and your partisanship overwhelm your ability to
see clearly and disqualifies you from this conversation ....... you are full of
your own baggage....

Frndthdevl

Jun 4, 2004, 6:25:07 PM6/4/04
>(GrtflMark)

>>From: olom...@aol.compton (Olompali4)

>>Not me. It is Infantile, vulgar and totally consumed. Zealous insanity.
>>Places a black mark on passion.

>..your issues, your opinions and your partisanship overwhelm your ability to
>see clearly and disqualifies you from this conversation

Olo posts about 98.69 percent musical content. His partisanship never seems to
be on display.
peace
jeff

Richard Morris

Jun 4, 2004, 7:07:44 PM6/4/04

A couple of observations:

In fairness, Mark gets quite a bit of hostility thrown his way. Kind of
a "what goes around comes around situation".

It is hard to tell how it all started, and probably not relevant. Who
knows what baggage we each bring here with us?

Mark sometimes takes it over the top, as he did with you the other day,
and I actually think that it was anger about other posts more than
yours, that somehow got directed primarily at you. I thought that was
very unfortunate, and I thought you handled it in a thoroughly classy
manner.

A plea for civility is always in order, but typically falls on deaf ears.

While I cannot take responsibility for others, I can take responsibility
for me. That means that in this case, I have made a concerted effort
over the past few days to be civil with Mark, and he has done the same
with me. I appreciate that very much. We will continue to argue issues
from time to time, but I think in a more respectful fashion. There are
a few others here that I need to treat with dignity. It will be
difficult in a case or two! Hehe ... but worth it in the long run.

Thanks for putting this up ... yer a class act, Judy!

volkfolk

Jun 4, 2004, 8:23:31 PM6/4/04

"Roxanne McDaniel" <theo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

I gotta agree too. No one is going to change anyones mind here. In the
almost nine years that I have been posting here, I have to say that most of
the folks here are passionate about their views. (too say the least) But you
don't need to resort to name calling every time someone disagrees with you

Scot

GemAmber

Jun 4, 2004, 8:53:22 PM6/4/04
>From: Richard Morris rtmo...@pdqnet.com

>Thanks for putting this up ..

Oh I always get soft and sentimental around my birthday... :-)

Judy

Gary Tateosian

Jun 4, 2004, 9:07:26 PM6/4/04
On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 00:23:31 GMT, "volkfolk" <volk...@comcast.net>
wrote:

> But you
>don't need to resort to name calling every time someone disagrees with you

...oh STFU you bl;ubbering galactophage. =-)))

...Gareth

Steve Terry

Jun 4, 2004, 9:30:39 PM6/4/04

GrtflMark <grtf...@aol.com> wrote in message

> I enjoy conversing with folks - despite what some here might say.

Are the use of expletives and threats the kind of conversation you enjoy?
Why do you have to lower yourself to that? Next time try addressing the
issues. You might just have better luck getting your point across.

>I am aware that my set of belief draws a lot of natural hostility here.

Mark, it's not what you believe that rubs me the wrong way. Instead, it's
the way you choose to express these beliefs.

> I am also nicer that my board personality would imply.

Prove it. You might find more people willing to share music with you (am I
the only one?).

Burner Ben

Jun 4, 2004, 9:54:26 PM6/4/04
"GemAmber" <gema...@aol.com> wrote in message...

> Oh I always get soft and sentimental around my birthday... :-)

Really? I usually get cranky and irritable around my birthday. Of course,
this year will be my _first_ real birthday party so maybe I'll feel
differently after that. Growing up in rural WI with a summer b-day left
very few kids around for a party...it didn't help that my b-day was also
very close to Father's Day so my fam would usually celebrate both days at
the same time.

And yes, I know that explains a lot about my being a recluse geek and
general loser who has very few friends....See? cranky and easily annoyed :)

Have a great weekend all,
ben

GemAmber

Jun 4, 2004, 11:27:29 PM6/4/04
>From: "Burner Ben" burnerb...@spamme.hotmail.com

>.See? cranky and easily annoyed :)

You're a Gemini -- it'll turn around!

Judy

Tim Donohoe

Jun 4, 2004, 11:36:23 PM6/4/04

volkfolk wrote:

eh name calling is only a problem if you take it seriously. Stop taking
it seriously and it ceases to be a problem. As far as changing opinions
I can admit that I have had my ideas "redirected" by people like you,
neil, RayLee, GratefulMark, Toad and others.

Reading some other's posts regularly gives you a new way to look at
problems and sometimes leads to a change. It is rarely my goal to change
someone's beliefs, but when it is I know bette than to insult them
first. I am sure 99% of the posters here understand that concept and the
ones that choose to insult you pretty much don't care what you (or
anyone) thinks, they are only interested in pushing an idea or agenda on
you. Take it for what it is worth.

Keep up the thoughtful posts, I've started to look foward to them.

Tim Donohoe

Jun 4, 2004, 11:40:41 PM6/4/04

Steve Terry wrote:

> GrtflMark <grtf...@aol.com> wrote in message
>

>>I enjoy conversing with folks - despite what some here might say.
>

> Are the use of expletives and threats the kind of conversation you enjoy?
> Why do you have to lower yourself to that? Next time try addressing the
> issues. You might just have better luck getting your point across.

He has his ways, ignore him if he bothers you.

>>I am aware that my set of belief draws a lot of natural hostility here.
>

> Mark, it's not what you believe that rubs me the wrong way. Instead, it's
> the way you choose to express these beliefs.

You are 80% wrong about this.

>>I am also nicer that my board personality would imply.
>

> Prove it. You might find more people willing to share music with you (am I
> the only one?).

What does one thing have to do with the other? He could change his
e-mail address and trade every day with every person who hates him. He
might do that for all we know. There is no niceness requirement here,
you manage yourself and leave everyone else to act how they wish.

GrtflMark

Jun 4, 2004, 11:51:33 PM6/4/04
>Subject: Re: About Respect
>From: Tim Donohoe T0mb...@aol.com
>Date: 6/4/2004 10:36 PM Central Daylight Time

>eh name calling is only a problem if you take it seriously. Stop taking
>it seriously and it ceases to be a problem. As far as changing opinions
>I can admit that I have had my ideas "redirected" by people like you,
>neil, RayLee, GratefulMark, Toad and others.
>
>Reading some other's posts regularly gives you a new way to look at
>problems and sometimes leads to a change. It is rarely my goal to change
>someone's beliefs, but when it is I know bette than to insult them
>first. I am sure 99% of the posters here understand that concept and the
>ones that choose to insult you pretty much don't care what you (or
>anyone) thinks, they are only interested in pushing an idea or agenda on
>you. Take it for what it is worth.
>
>Keep up the thoughtful posts, I've started to look foward to them.

....thanks for your thoughtful posts - I have had similar experiences here.....

Neil Krueger

Jun 5, 2004, 12:45:14 AM6/5/04
in article 40c10...@corp.newsgroups.com, Richard Morris at
rtmo...@pdqnet.com wrote on 6/4/04 7:07 PM:

> I have made a concerted effort
> over the past few days to be civil with Mark, and he has done the same
> with me. I appreciate that very much. We will continue to argue issues
> from time to time, but I think in a more respectful fashion. There are
> a few others here that I need to treat with dignity. It will be
> difficult in a case or two! Hehe ... but worth it in the long run.

Well, good luck to ya, Richard. Let me know how that works out for you.

Peace,
Neil X.

GrtflMark

Jun 5, 2004, 2:57:33 AM6/5/04
>Subject: Re: About Respect
>From: Neil Krueger n...@comcast.net
>Date: 6/4/2004 11:45 PM Central Daylight Time

>Subject: Re: About Respect
>From: Neil Krueger n...@comcast.net
>Date: 6/4/2004 11:45 PM Central Daylight Time

.....as he is a gentleman, and not a shrieking partisan unable to speak to
people who vibrate with the same hatred Bush that you do - it's going
swimmingly .... let us know how your maturity and growth in the area of
personal interrelationships is going with yourself, Neil ..... hoping you get
much better ....Take Care!

Richard Morris

Jun 5, 2004, 8:22:07 AM6/5/04

Yeah, well, we will see, won't we?

R.

volkfolk

Jun 5, 2004, 10:18:40 AM6/5/04

"Tim Donohoe" <T0mb...@aol.com> wrote in message

I don't take it seriously. It is only usenet after all. As Neil says
"Embrace the chaos" : )

> Reading some other's posts regularly gives you a new way to look at
> problems and sometimes leads to a change. It is rarely my goal to change
> someone's beliefs, but when it is I know bette than to insult them
> first. I am sure 99% of the posters here understand that concept and the
> ones that choose to insult you pretty much don't care what you (or
> anyone) thinks, they are only interested in pushing an idea or agenda on
> you. Take it for what it is worth.

Absolutely right. I didn't mean to imply that you can't change someone's
opinion with if you present your arguements thoughtfully, merely that if
your only goal is to try and win an arguement you will come away a very
frustrated individual.

> Keep up the thoughtful posts, I've started to look foward to them.

Thanks, I enjoy your posts too.

Scot

volkfolk

Jun 5, 2004, 10:29:20 AM6/5/04

"GrtflMark" <grtf...@aol.com> wrote in message

Mark, it really does take two to tango. I know Neil, and I can guarantee you
that he is a gentleman. All I will say on the subject I would be careful
about how you bandy the words "shrieking partisan" about.

Just a little food for thought that you might chew on during your morning
shave or brushing yout teeth

Scot

Garry Bryan

Jun 5, 2004, 11:22:08 AM6/5/04

"GrtflMark" <grtf...@aol.com> wrote in message

Thje perfect GOP conservative, deny, deflect, lie and then pretend you care.
. .geesh, who would Jesus slap?

Garry

Garry Bryan

Jun 5, 2004, 11:24:07 AM6/5/04

"Burner Ben" <burnerb...@spamme.hotmail.com> wrote in message

Awww, {{{{{{{{ Ben }}}}}}}} Happy Birthday kids!

Garry

Richard Morris

Jun 5, 2004, 12:32:07 PM6/5/04

volkfolk wrote:

--snip--

>>eh name calling is only a problem if you take it seriously. Stop taking
>>it seriously and it ceases to be a problem. As far as changing opinions
>>I can admit that I have had my ideas "redirected" by people like you,
>>neil, RayLee, GratefulMark, Toad and others.
>

> I don't take it seriously. It is only usenet after all. As Neil says
> "Embrace the chaos" : )

But what does, "it is only usenet" mean? Does it mean that there are
not people on the other end of the posts? Why talk to them any
differently than you would if you were sitting together in the same room?

volkfolk

Jun 5, 2004, 1:00:58 PM6/5/04

"Richard Morris" <rtmo...@pdqnet.com> wrote in message

> volkfolk wrote:
>
> --snip--
>
> >>eh name calling is only a problem if you take it seriously. Stop taking
> >>it seriously and it ceases to be a problem. As far as changing opinions
> >>I can admit that I have had my ideas "redirected" by people like you,
> >>neil, RayLee, GratefulMark, Toad and others.
> >

> > I don't take it seriously. It is only usenet after all. As Neil says
> > "Embrace the chaos" : )
>
> But what does, "it is only usenet" mean? Does it mean that there are
> not people on the other end of the posts? Why talk to them any
> differently than you would if you were sitting together in the same room?
>
> R.

The anonymity of the internet allows people to be less than honesty about
who they are and why/what they are posting. Plus there is the "usenet
performance artist" phenomenon too. That doesn't mean that I don't take some
posters very seriously, but overall until I get a sense of who is behind the
keyboard, I give some posters less credibility than others

Scot

Roxanne McDaniel

Jun 5, 2004, 2:31:22 PM6/5/04

"Garry Bryan" <garr...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> Thje perfect GOP conservative, deny, deflect, lie and then pretend you
care.
> . .geesh, who would Jesus slap?
>
> Garry
HAHAH (belly laughs)

Cal O'Chortus

Jun 5, 2004, 3:38:39 PM6/5/04

"Richard Morris" <rtmo...@pdqnet.com> wrote in message

> volkfolk wrote:
>
> --snip--
>
> >>eh name calling is only a problem if you take it seriously. Stop taking
> >>it seriously and it ceases to be a problem. As far as changing opinions
> >>I can admit that I have had my ideas "redirected" by people like you,
> >>neil, RayLee, GratefulMark, Toad and others.
> >

> > I don't take it seriously. It is only usenet after all. As Neil says
> > "Embrace the chaos" : )
>
> But what does, "it is only usenet" mean? Does it mean that there are
> not people on the other end of the posts? Why talk to them any
> differently than you would if you were sitting together in the same room?
>
> R.

Yeah, really. Why call people pedophiles? Why alter someone's post to
make it appear they molest their two year old? Why trade music with someone
and then say 'I've got your address, asshole, don't be surprised if I show
up to threaten your family'. What kind of fucked up nutjob would do
something like that? And who would defend them?

The Iron Muffin

Jun 5, 2004, 4:01:23 PM6/5/04
Burner Ben wrote:
> GemAmber wrote:

> > Oh I always get soft and sentimental around my birthday... :-)
>
> Really? I usually get cranky and irritable around my birthday.

I often get drunk and disorderly around my birthday.

--
The Iron Muffin

DEAD FREAKS UNITE

Who are you? Where are you?

How are you?

JimK

Jun 5, 2004, 6:01:07 PM6/5/04

And who would give him all the attention that he craves? I'll admit
that he sucked me in for a while, but he's not worth the time. Ignore
him.

JimK

Cal O'Chortus

Jun 5, 2004, 6:13:36 PM6/5/04

"JimK" <jkezwind@comcastDOTnet> wrote in message

I'm responding to Mr. Morris here, and I've been ignoring the dipshit for
at least a month.

The Iron Muffin

Jun 5, 2004, 8:29:42 PM6/5/04
JimK wrote:

(re: Hateful Narc)

> And who would give him all the attention that he craves?
> I'll admit that he sucked me in for a while, but he's not
> worth the time. Ignore him.

Seriously.

I stopped reading Hateful's posts a couple of weeks ago (as well as Chris
the braindead fundie, Chunk, Bucky, and quite a few other morons), and my
rec.music.gdead experience has been FAR more pleasant since.

Roxanne McDaniel

Jun 5, 2004, 8:54:54 PM6/5/04

"The Iron Muffin" <You must ask me for my email address.> wrote in message >

Burner Ben wrote:
> > GemAmber wrote:
>
> > > Oh I always get soft and sentimental around my birthday... :-)
> >
> > Really? I usually get cranky and irritable around my birthday.
>
> I often get drunk and disorderly around my birthday.

PAR-TAY!!! My kinda crowd!!!!

Roxanne McDaniel

Jun 5, 2004, 9:18:14 PM6/5/04
Happy Birthday Judy :')

The Iron Muffin

Jun 5, 2004, 9:36:56 PM6/5/04
Roxanne McDaniel wrote:

> The Iron Muffin wrote:
> > Burner Ben wrote:

> > > Really? I usually get cranky and irritable around my birthday.
> >
> > I often get drunk and disorderly around my birthday.
> >
> PAR-TAY!!! My kinda crowd!!!!

I'd drink with you *any* day, Roxanne.

Roxanne McDaniel

Jun 5, 2004, 10:01:59 PM6/5/04

*any*
any?

GrtflMark

Jun 5, 2004, 11:42:48 PM6/5/04
>Subject: Re: About Respect
>From: JimK jkezwind@comcastDOTnet
>Date: 6/5/2004 5:01 PM Central Daylight Time

>I'll admit
>that he sucked me in for a while,

...I believe it was you drawing the vacuum, there, little guy.....

The Iron Muffin

Jun 6, 2004, 12:29:15 AM6/6/04
Roxanne McDaniel wrote:
> The Iron Muffin wrote:

> > *any*
>
> any?

Any.

GemAmber

Jun 6, 2004, 3:12:37 AM6/6/04
>From: "Roxanne McDaniel" theo...@sbcglobal.net

>Happy Birthday Judy :')

Why thank ya kindly, ma'am!!
Ok. Carry on. YEAH!!

Judy

Roxanne McDaniel

Jun 6, 2004, 12:56:48 PM6/6/04
Then c'mon over you freak!

GemAmber

Jun 6, 2004, 1:03:28 PM6/6/04
>Then c'mon over you freak!

How close are you to Carson City? Gotta go to work at 3. :-(

Start without me, I'll Ketchup! (it's a veggie, you know....)

Judy

Roxanne McDaniel

Jun 6, 2004, 1:17:52 PM6/6/04

"GemAmber" wrote in message > >Then c'mon over you freak!

> How close are you to Carson City? Gotta go to work at 3. :-(
>
> Start without me, I'll Ketchup! (it's a veggie, you know....)

Catch the Carson City to Chicago express!!!

Joe

Jun 6, 2004, 1:53:38 PM6/6/04
Richard Morris <rtmo...@pdqnet.com> wrote:

> But what does, "it is only usenet" mean? Does it mean that there are
> not people on the other end of the posts? Why talk to them any
> differently than you would if you were sitting together in the same room?

The other day, someone chimed in on the subject, talking about the
anonymity of Usenet.

And, I have to say...I take exception to that, at least regarding rmgd.

I think we are so much more than that. I think we've taken a medium and
turned it into a community. I think rmgd did use to be more, at least,
semi-anonymous. But, many of us have been able to form friendships with
people we've met online.

I wish everyone on rmgd followed the lead of us here in the SF Bay Area,
who do get together in person often. No need to be anonymous here. I'm
sure I've met, in person, 25 or 30 people from rmgd.

And, as I've seen...even the rmgd'er you're flaming with today could be
your friend tomorrow. Right, Scot? Right, Jeff? Right, JC?

With some obvious exceptions, of course...

Just a week or two ago, there must have been 6 or 8 of us who meet up
beforehand, to enjoy seeing Bob Weir play at the Spencer Dryden benefit.

rmgd is a great place to meet like minded individuals.

Try it sometime. You might make some friends. I know I have!

It's not like that on other newsgroups. We've made rmgd a special place.

Feel the love. Feel the hate! ;-)

Joe

Joe

Jun 6, 2004, 2:01:23 PM6/6/04
Burner Ben <burnerb...@spamme.hotmail.com> wrote:

> Really? I usually get cranky and irritable around my birthday. Of course,
> this year will be my _first_ real birthday party so maybe I'll feel
> differently after that.

I didn't realize it was a birthday party. I thought it was just another
typical debauched weekend of partying.

I was planning to RSVP for Saturday night (mainly because I froze at the
last beach party), but now have to ask...

On which day is your actual birthday?

And, if it's Sunday, I know it'll be memorable, because that'll be your
first exposure to The Mermen, who are the only band I know for sure is
playing the Haight Street Fair.

GemAmber

Jun 6, 2004, 4:15:37 PM6/6/04
>Feel the love. Feel the hate! ;-)

Feel my boobs!
Ooops, wrong newsgroup....

Judy

The Iron Muffin

Jun 6, 2004, 4:30:15 PM6/6/04
Roxanne McDaniel wrote:

> Then c'mon over you freak!

Where's "over"?

I'm stuck on the East Coast at the moment.

Shelby0314uk

Jun 6, 2004, 4:27:12 PM6/6/04
>> Then c'mon over you freak!

> Where's "over"?
I'm stuck on the East Coast at the moment.

Whoa -- why do you think Betty Crocker can't hold a job - you don't want any of
those muffins - he stirs the batter with his pecker!

Joker4153

Jun 6, 2004, 4:30:16 PM6/6/04
>Subject: Re: About Respect
>From: gema...@aol.com (GemAmber)
>Date: Sun, Jun 6, 2004 1:15 PM

>>Feel the love. Feel the hate! ;-)
>>

>Feel my boobs!
>Ooops, wrong newsgroup....

Not really. Plenty of boobs post here. Just look at all the Reagan lovers
crying into their keyboards.
:)

Richard Morris

Jun 6, 2004, 4:35:52 PM6/6/04

GemAmber wrote:

Psst ... which group is that?

;)

R.

Kelly Humphries

Jun 6, 2004, 5:13:01 PM6/6/04

Wait! Come back!

ben

Jun 6, 2004, 5:15:09 PM6/6/04
Joe <jo...@nospam.com> wrote...

> Burner Ben <burnerb...@spamme.hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Really? I usually get cranky and irritable around my birthday. Of course,
> > this year will be my _first_ real birthday party so maybe I'll feel
> > differently after that.
>
> I didn't realize it was a birthday party. I thought it was just another
> typical debauched weekend of partying.

Yep, my birthday and two other parties rolled into one. My birthday
is Wednesday, two of our friends are moving to CT after this weekend,
and our official moving to San Diego event.

Started setting up yesterday, things are starting to take shape...I
haven't thrown a party like this since college :^)

So, a birthday and two going away parties should make for a great
reason to get crazy!

> I was planning to RSVP for Saturday night (mainly because I froze at the
> last beach party), but now have to ask...

Woo Hoo! Glad you'll be able to make it. Saturday is definitely the
main event...the bonfire is more of a pre-party that will just get
things rolling...I'm also kinda afraid that it will be rather on the
chilly side so we may not spend too much time at the beach.

> On which day is your actual birthday?
>
> And, if it's Sunday, I know it'll be memorable, because that'll be your
> first exposure to The Mermen, who are the only band I know for sure is
> playing the Haight Street Fair.

Yeah, the Haight St. Fair is going to be great! Looking forward to
seeing some god music in the day after daze. :)

peas,
ben

ben

Jun 6, 2004, 5:17:45 PM6/6/04
gema...@aol.com (GemAmber) wrote in message news:<20040604232729...@mb-m07.aol.com>...
> >From: "Burner Ben" burnerb...@spamme.hotmail.com
>
> >.See? cranky and easily annoyed :)
>
> You're a Gemini -- it'll turn around!

So true, flip-flop flip-flop, and I'm more leaning toward the other
side of my twins today :) I started setting up yesterday, which is
really getting me in the spirit of getting crazy.

Happy Birthday!
ben

volkfolk

Jun 6, 2004, 6:08:18 PM6/6/04

"Joe" <jo...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> Richard Morris <rtmo...@pdqnet.com> wrote:
>
> > But what does, "it is only usenet" mean? Does it mean that there are
> > not people on the other end of the posts? Why talk to them any
> > differently than you would if you were sitting together in the same
room?

> The other day, someone chimed in on the subject, talking about the
> anonymity of Usenet.

That was me. My point was that if you want it, the anonymity is there

> And, I have to say...I take exception to that, at least regarding rmgd.

> I think we are so much more than that. I think we've taken a medium and
> turned it into a community. I think rmgd did use to be more, at least,
> semi-anonymous. But, many of us have been able to form friendships with
> people we've met online.

HRYK

> I wish everyone on rmgd followed the lead of us here in the SF Bay Area,
> who do get together in person often. No need to be anonymous here. I'm
> sure I've met, in person, 25 or 30 people from rmgd.

Me too. It amazes me how many folks I have gotten to know through my
participation here.

> And, as I've seen...even the rmgd'er you're flaming with today could be
> your friend tomorrow. Right, Scot? Right, Jeff? Right, JC?

Absolutely right.

> With some obvious exceptions, of course...

I would like to think that I can get along with anyone, although there are
certainly one or two assholes in every crowd who never learn how to play
with others

> Just a week or two ago, there must have been 6 or 8 of us who meet up
> beforehand, to enjoy seeing Bob Weir play at the Spencer Dryden benefit.
>
> rmgd is a great place to meet like minded individuals.

HRYK

> Try it sometime. You might make some friends. I know I have!

HRYK

> It's not like that on other newsgroups. We've made rmgd a special place.

HRYK

> Feel the love. Feel the hate! ;-)

*heh* (tm Iron Muffin)

Scot

> Joe

Joe

Jun 7, 2004, 10:59:16 PM6/7/04
ben <burn...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Woo Hoo! Glad you'll be able to make it. Saturday is definitely the
> main event...

Well, great. I'll be there for the main event.

Hmmm...I wonder what we'll be doing? LOL

I'm so sorry you guys are moving. I've been looking for people for almost
40 years who can keep up with me, and then when I finally find them...they
move away. Sheesh.

Garry Bryan

Jun 8, 2004, 1:34:48 PM6/8/04
ben <burn...@hotmail.com> wrote:
: gema...@aol.com (GemAmber) wrote in message news:<20040604232729...@mb-m07.aol.com>...

: Happy Birthday!

Hey, somehow my invitation got lost in the mail. . .sniff, sniff. . .

Garry

Burner Ben

Jun 8, 2004, 3:06:30 PM6/8/04
"Joe" <jo...@nospam.com> wrote in message...

> Well, great. I'll be there for the main event.
>
> Hmmm...I wonder what we'll be doing? LOL

A lot of people are really itching to get out of their heads for this one.
Couple that with a couple of card tables, black lights, thumping bass in one
room, spacy ambient in another, and we're guaranteed a good bit o' weirdness
and a lot of annoyed neighbors.

> I'm so sorry you guys are moving. I've been looking for people for almost
> 40 years who can keep up with me, and then when I finally find them...they
> move away. Sheesh.

Yeah, it's a a bummer to be moving away from great friends like yourself
that we've met up here. I just keep telling myself that change is good and
we'll still be visiting quite regularly for vacations and holidaze. And, if
DNB plays in SoCal, you know you've got crash space!

peas,
ben

Joe

Jun 8, 2004, 3:23:15 PM6/8/04
Burner Ben <burnerb...@spamme.hotmail.com> wrote:

> And, if DNB plays in SoCal, you know you've got crash space!

If/when you guys come back to visit, you're more than welcome to stay
here. I have an extra bedroom.

That said, I've had a great time at your previous parties, and I'm sure
Saturday will be another fun night.

Garry Bryan

Jun 8, 2004, 3:39:24 PM6/8/04
Burner Ben <burnerb...@spamme.hotmail.com> wrote:
: "Joe" <jo...@nospam.com> wrote in message...

And you'll have to find time to cruise with us during the year. . .

Garry

JC Martin

Jun 14, 2004, 2:45:49 PM6/14/04
"GrtflMark" <grtf...@aol.com> wrote in message
> >Subject: About Respect
> >From: gema...@aol.com (GemAmber)
> >Date: 6/4/2004 12:59 PM Central Daylight Time
> >
> >Mark, this past couple of days has been an eye-opener for me.
Beginning
> >with
> >my assumption that you were Michael McDonald's age (I apologize for
assuming)
> >and my questioning your hostility by asking 'Don't you like me?' (a poor
> >attempt at humor and/or trying to be likable).
> >
> >While I don't agree with your method of pressing your opinion and being
> >hostile
> >to those with opposing views, I DO respect the passion you have for your
> >views.
> > Conviction is good. But the anger with which you color everything is
NOT
> >good, and no bullshit, I worry about the effect your anger has on your
> >health.
> >You are not going to change anyone to your point of view -- nor will I,
or
> >Joe,
> >or Neil etc. We're all adults and we have pretty much made up our minds
on
> >things. Go ahead and disagree, but attacks are an unnecessary defense
> >mechanism that does no one any good, least of all you.
> >
> >Respectfully,
> >
> >Judy
>
> ....That's all well and good -- now, do you see how your snide,
unsolicited
> remarks about my age and my behavior, and your insulting innuendo about my
> maturity might fit into the category of "attacks" you discussed above?
>
> Think about it. You get what you solicit.
>
> I enjoy conversing with folks - despite what some here might say. I am
aware
> that my set of belief draws a lot of natural hostility here.

I don't know why you refuse for just one second to look at your behavior and
see that there is no moral equivalency between calling someone a child
molester and an asshole *or* a murderous traitor Al Queda sympathizer and a
shitwit. My issues with you aren't political Mark. Your behavior and
accusations against others are the most disturbing elements in your behavior
patterns.

-JC

GrtflMark

Jun 14, 2004, 4:23:36 PM6/14/04
>Subject: Re: About Respect
>From: "JC Martin" jcma...@sonic.net
>Date: 6/14/2004 1:45 PM Central Daylight Time

>My issues with you aren't political Mark.

.....you're lying.

JC Martin

Jun 14, 2004, 5:58:20 PM6/14/04
"GrtflMark" <grtf...@aol.com> wrote in message

Absolutely not. Your inability to take responsibility for your own actions
is the problem here. For example, calling people child molesters, nazis or
terrorists for the purpose of making yourself feel good in the moment is
wrong, no matter how you cut it. Doesn't matter what party you belong to.
People don't like you because you toss out hateful remarks casually and
justify those remarks with your political party affiliation.

-JC

Richard Morris

Jun 14, 2004, 6:24:25 PM6/14/04

JC Martin wrote:

You are 100% on the mark, JC ... and that is why I recommend shunning.

Richard

GrtflMark

Jun 14, 2004, 7:47:01 PM6/14/04
>Subject: Re: About Respect
>From: "JC Martin" jcma...@sonic.net
>Date: 6/14/2004 4:58 PM Central Daylight Time

You know, don't you think it's obvious to everyone here when you and R Morris
come on with this self-righteous, smug, sanctimonious shit after you both been
involved in spewing and either implicitly or explicitly approving the spewing
of the most horrible of invective by your liberal friends here? If you were
genuine in your point and the "feelings" you feign to profess here, which
neither of you are, wouldn't you also lecture from a position of grandiosity
and self-important arrogance your liberal friends that do WORSE here? Well, if
you were honest - yes, you would. However, the fact that you haven't reveals
your dishonesty. Here is the proof: I'm cutting and pasting just 4 RECENT
examples of some of the worst invective, profanity, ad hominem attacks and
spewing of hateful invective by your liberal friends that you either:

a. Chose to ignore, or
b. Chose to "pile on", and therfore legitimize this behavior in the case of
LIBERALS engagin in it.

The bottom line: You're both phoney. you're both dishonest. You may both be
in denial and incapable of seeing your dishonesty because you are so blinded by
your own partisan hatred. However, it's still just old-fashioned dishonesty on
a spiritual level in either case.

Here's your proof:

From: GrtflMark (grtf...@aol.com)
Subject: Re: Reagan: A Final Salute
Original Format
Newsgroups: rec.music.gdead
Date: 2004-06-11 14:58:42 PST

>Subject: Reagan: A Final Salute
>From: WV Head wvh...@nowhere.net
>Date: 6/11/2004 12:23 PM Central Daylight Time
>
>It's 1:05 pm EDT and it looks like the funeral procession is on it's way
>to Andrews AFB for a 2:45 pm takeoff. Plans are to arrive at Point Mugu
>Naval Air Station at 4:45 PDT in time for a sunset burial at the Reagan
>Library in Simi Valley.
>
>If you watch the time and are under the flight path as I probably am,
>you can get outside as the aircraft that once served Reagan as Air Force
>One flies overhead.
>
>I won't miss this chance to give Reagan one final middle finger salute.
>
>Fuck you, Ronnie.
>
>For my friends that died of AIDS that you could have helped had you
>actually done something, fuck you.
>
>For peasants, nuns, and others who died violent deaths as a result of
>your policies in Latin America, fuck you.
>
>For the debt that strangles this nation's economy, that we will be
>paying off for generations, fuck you.
>
>For making the Presidency of the United States a mere figurehead
>position and for making that somehow acceptable to millions of
>Americans, fuck you.
>
>And Nancy, for declaring your 'War on Drugs' that further divided our
>country and sent people to prison with life sentences for possession
>while murderers and rapists got out in a few years, up yours, bitch.
>
>May your legacy be that which inspires true Americans to refute those
>who choose to deify you, your policies and the actions and policies of
>your political cronies and party.
>
>Good riddance

.....this must be one of those "hate free" liberal posts I read so much about
here.... very mature and I can see that this person is muuuuuch more concerned
with issues rather than ad hominem attack and foul language to support their
positions....

....the shrillness and profanity of your voice does not add any futher weight
to your position, sir....

From: GrtflMark (grtf...@aol.com)Subject: Re: Searches of Passengers on
Subways in Boston (NDC) View: Complete Thread (46 articles) Original Format
Newsgroups: rec.music.gdeadDate: 2004-06-08 20:49:52 PST >Subject: Re: Searches
of Passengers on Subways in Boston (NDC)
>From: "Milpool" chil...@yahoo.com
>Date: 6/8/2004 10:24 PM Central Daylight Time

>Hey dumbass, there is a price to pay for freedom
>One more thing. You're a fucking bigoted piece of shit, Mark.

....niiiiiice - yup - this must be more of that "intelligent hate-free liberal
discussion" I've been hearing so much about here - veeeery mature, I must
say....... and calling someone names because they believe in searching people
who fit the description of the terrorists that have been involved with
initiating the last 20 terroist incidents in the world rather than harassing
grandma and mom ......THAT's a REEEAL considered and carfully constructed
argument ..... gee, I'm gald that NO LIBERALS EVER speak like this on this
board - and therefore SOLICIT a similar response.... oh, but it wouldn't matter
if they did, would it? after all, the liberals here are really just voicing
the views of the "mainstream" so, we SHOULD give them a little more latitude to
spew hatred and invective, shouldn't we?
Search Result 3 From: GrtflMark (grtf...@aol.com)Subject: Re: Nancy Regan
gives better Welfare Cock treatment than Nixon View: Complete Thread (4
articles) Original Format Newsgroups: rec.music.gdeadDate: 2004-06-08 19:53:57
PST >Subject: Re: Nancy Regan gives better Welfare Cock treatment than Nixon
>From: "Sean Baker" fion...@REMOVEbigfoot.com
>Date: 6/8/2004 9:28 PM Central Daylight Time
>
>'Cause Nancy is White House Whore #1 suckin' that Big Ol' Welfare Cock
>without even givin' the taxpayers a reach around.

....this must be an example of the "intellectual and fair-minded" liberal
dialogue that is "hate-free" I hear so much about here ...... reaaly
intelligent, Sean....

>Peace,
>
>SeanSearch Result 3 From: GrtflMark (grtf...@aol.com)Subject: Re: Searches
of Passengers on Subways in Boston (NDC) View: Complete Thread (92 articles)
Original Format Newsgroups: rec.music.gdeadDate: 2004-06-08 20:40:53 PST
>Subject: Re: Searches of Passengers on Subways in Boston (NDC)
>From: "Milpool" chil...@yahoo.com
>Date: 6/8/2004 10:19 PM Central Daylight Time
>
>Once again, Mark shows what a fucking moron he is.

....this must be one of those "itelligent hate-free liberal replies" I've been
hearing so much about here - that, unlike conservatives - DON'T just attack
people ad hominem - which is EXACTLY what I would be accused of here if I
called this person a "jackass" with everyone forgetting that "chilly willy"
here made the choice to initiate this level of "discussion" unlike ALL of the
other liberal posters on this board would EVER do.....

....which is why I WILL NOT call "chilly willy" a jackass ......