Hatto identifications: Chopin

MrT

Apr 3, 2007, 10:51:46 AM4/3/07
According to Farhan Malik, the following have been identified:

The Chopin Sonata No.1 in C Minor, Op.4 attributed to Hatto on CACD
9043-2
has now been definitely established as the recording by Joanna
Trzeciak
from Pavane ADW 7291.

The four Chopin Rondos (Opp.1, 5, 16, and 73) attributed to Hatto on
CACD
9038-2 has now been definitely established as the recording by Joanna
Trzeciak from Pavane ADW 7291.

Best regards,

mrt

Paul Goldstein

Apr 3, 2007, 12:39:32 PM4/3/07

Tedious note-spinning performances, as I recall. Not one of Joyce's
best.

MrT

Apr 3, 2007, 12:42:11 PM4/3/07
On Apr 3, 6:39 pm, "Paul Goldstein" <pgoldst...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Tedious note-spinning performances, as I recall. Not one of Joyce's
> best.

What do you expect? She had just been dumped for a younger pianist...

Best,

MrT

Alan Cooper

Apr 3, 2007, 1:34:38 PM4/3/07
"MrT" <symbi...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1175611906.644788.79880
@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

Has there been any word on the Waltzes?

AC

MrT

Apr 3, 2007, 1:40:10 PM4/3/07
On Apr 3, 7:34 pm, Alan Cooper <amcoo...@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote:
> Has there been any word on the Waltzes?

Not that I know of. I don't have the Hatto, but if someone provides a
few waltzes, I could try. However, unless the performances are
distinctive or have giveaway glitches, coughs, etc., it's like looking
for a needle in a haystack. Alan Watkinton-Coupe liked to mix and
match, too (confer Scarlatti, Godowsky, etc.).

Best,

MrT

ckho...@ckhowell.com

Apr 4, 2007, 4:18:48 AM4/4/07

> According to Farhan Malik, the following have been identified:
>
> The Chopin Sonata No.1 in C Minor, Op.4 attributed to Hatto on CACD
> 9043-2
> has now been definitely established as the recording by Joanna
> Trzeciak
> from Pavane ADW 7291.

and to think there was a real Hatto on Saga they could have used ...

Christopher Howell