Top 10 VC and the others

somebody

May 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/28/96
MAIL.TXT

Neil Tingley

May 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/28/96

In article <31AB5B...@on.the.net>, somebody <some...@on.the.net>
writes
>Wieniawsky's No.2? ......
>There are a lot left unmentioned I believe.
>But are they realy good enough?

Ah, yes forgot that one. I've got both of the Heifetz recordings. It's
was also the choice of the young Julian Rachlin (then 13) to play at the
European Young Musician of the Year. Stupidly I lost my video tape of
his performance, but remember being deeply impressed by his musicianship
and maturity. It felt like the golden age of fiddle playing had been
reborn.

The concerto itself is full of catchy melodies, is very well worked out,
and strikes a balance between real feeling and melodic inspiration, and
virtuoso fireworks. IMHO a super work alround.
Neil Tingley Furtwaengler FAQ from r.m.c.r contributers at:
ne...@music.demon.co.uk http://www.netlink.co.uk/users/music/ & links to
London, UK G.H Gould and others "more about me" menu.