Cracking the Mayan Code on Nova PBS

michael...@mac.com

May 10, 2009, 2:16:26 PM5/10/09
Looks interesting, I haven't seen it yet. I Tevoed it and will
watch it tonight along with the Tudors. Considering Exon/Mobil is a
major sponsor of PBS in might not be that interesting.
Larry, I'm sure, figured this stuff out decades ago in 3rd grade so
it might bore him slightly, but for the rest of us mortals it be prove
interesting......
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/mayacode/program.html

Tashi

Lutemann

May 10, 2009, 2:48:54 PM5/10/09

I went to Palenque years ago before it became a ( I think) tourist
trap. I remember that the bus driver robbed us on the way back. He
tried to get even more money from us ( I was with about 20 students)
but we were prepared to rush him the 2nd time.

dewach...@gmail.com

May 10, 2009, 2:54:00 PM5/10/09

Yea, I was thrown off a bus in the Ghettos of Calcutta with six rupees
in my pocket for not moving to the rear of the bus, so the driver
could steal my duffel bag. I slept on the floor of the Calcutta
airport for a day and a half back in 1989. The point of your post was
what?

Tashi

Miguel de Maria

May 10, 2009, 3:03:17 PM5/10/09

That JW sucks!

dewach...@gmail.com

May 10, 2009, 5:29:18 PM5/10/09
On May 10, 1:03 pm, Miguel de Maria <elegantspanishgui...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Oh yea, right!

thomas

May 11, 2009, 5:29:38 PM5/11/09
On May 10, 1:16 pm, michaeltham...@mac.com wrote:

Those were some bloodthirsty sumbitches.

rnjer...@yahoo.com

May 11, 2009, 6:58:40 PM5/11/09

Yeah.

I was a little surprised when Larisa invited me to see Mel Gibson's
"Apocalypto" at our semi-outdoor theater on this tiny island. I had
walked through high jungle Mayan country in the summer of 1961. Later
I was part of a force tasked to root out communism among the Miskito
Indians on the east coast of Central America.

After about 15 minutes, Larisa whispered, "I've had enough."

"Me too," I replied.

Walking away in the warm Pacific night I asked, "Why did you want to
see it in the first place?"

"I saw it on the plane when we were on our way to Spain. You were
asleep. I wanted to see how it looked on the big screen. Do you want
to go back and watch the rest? I can go on..."

"No.....I was starting to identify with the bad guys. Not a pleasant
memory."

"Let's not talk about it."

"Certainly OK with me. How about a glass of that Caymus cabernet?"

"I want to hear the rest of that Bach CD you were playing for me."

"Trevor Pinnock in the Six Partitas? Coming right up."

RNJ

michael...@mac.com

May 11, 2009, 7:12:56 PM5/11/09

LOL! Richard, you really don't know the difference between fiction,
and reality do you?

Slogoin

May 11, 2009, 7:19:42 PM5/11/09
On May 11, 4:12 pm, michaeltham...@mac.com wrote:

> LOL!  Richard, you really don't know the difference between fiction, and reality do you?

This coming from a guy who thinks the Mayans understood things better
than we do today.

michael...@mac.com

May 11, 2009, 7:27:42 PM5/11/09

In the field of glossopoeia they had no equal, the same is true for
mathematics, and astrology. Tiwanaku a city dated back 17,000 years
makes what the Egyptians did look like kindergarden. It defiles logic
how they constructed this city. Whatever the Mayans were, their
knowledge of astrology most likely predates their own civilization.

michael...@mac.com

May 11, 2009, 7:29:19 PM5/11/09

Things? What Things? Can you be specific?

Slogoin

May 11, 2009, 7:36:10 PM5/11/09
On May 11, 4:27 pm, michaeltham...@mac.com wrote:

> In the field of glossopoeia they had no equal, the same is true for
> mathematics, and astrology.  Tiwanaku a city dated back 17,000 years
> makes what the Egyptians did look like kindergarden.  It defiles logic
> how they constructed this city.  Whatever the Mayans were, their
> knowledge of astrology most likely predates their own civilization.

You wrote this? Glossopoeia and Astrology are grouped with
mathematics? What defies logic is this kind of language.

The writer probably thinks the Moai of Easter Island defy logic.

Paul Magnussen

May 11, 2009, 8:08:14 PM5/11/09
rnjer...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Later
> I was part of a force tasked to root out communism among the Miskito
> Indians on the east coast of Central America.

How? By shooting all the communists? Or is there some more subtle
method that I'm missing?

Paul Magnussen

Slogoin

May 11, 2009, 8:16:39 PM5/11/09
On May 11, 5:08 pm, Paul Magnussen <magicon...@earthlink.net> wrote:

No, the key words are "root out" so he was using Roundup on 'em!

William D Clinger

May 11, 2009, 9:01:47 PM5/11/09
Michael Thames wrote:
> Tiwanaku a city dated back 17,000 years
> makes what the Egyptians did look like kindergarden.

Although the extent of human migration into the New World
before 12000 BCE remains controversial, there is certainly
no compelling evidence for any 17000-year-old "city" within
the New World; if there were, that evidence would have put
an end to the argument.

According to Wikipedia, "Tiwanaku dates as early as 1500 BC
as a small agriculturally-based village." Apparently you
have once again inserted an extraneous zero. (But what's
a zero between friends, eh? 'Tis a mere nothing...)

Will

dewach...@gmail.com

May 11, 2009, 9:02:08 PM5/11/09
On May 11, 5:36 pm, Slogoin <la...@deack.net> wrote:
> On May 11, 4:27 pm, michaeltham...@mac.com wrote:
>

> > In the field of glossopoeia they had no equal, the same is true for
> > mathematics, and astrology.  Tiwanaku a city dated back 17,000 years
> > makes what the Egyptians did look like kindergarden.  It defiles logic
> > how they constructed this city.  Whatever the Mayans were, their
> > knowledge of astrology most likely predates their own civilization.
>
> You wrote this? Glossopoeia and Astrology are grouped with
> mathematics? What defies logic is this kind of language.

I don't have any idea what you are talking about. I don't equate
Glossopoeia with Mathematics, it is the creation of language.

And yes Larry, Astrology does require the Maths. So what was your
point exactly other than demonstrating your poor reading comprehension
skills? You would make a poor Glossopoeian.

> The writer probably thinks the Moai of Easter Island defy logic.

Perhaps you could explain to us how the structures of Tiwanaku were
assembled. I'm all ears.

Tashi

dewach...@gmail.com

May 11, 2009, 9:03:35 PM5/11/09
On May 11, 6:08 pm, Paul Magnussen <magicon...@earthlink.net> wrote:

I think Richard administered vaccines laced with bird flu.

Tashi

Wollybird

May 11, 2009, 9:05:46 PM5/11/09

That's ok, He also put Mayans in Bolivia.

Slogoin

May 11, 2009, 9:13:52 PM5/11/09
On May 11, 6:02 pm, dewachen1...@gmail.com wrote:

>   I don't have any idea what you are talking about.

Nor what you are talking about.

Slogoin

May 11, 2009, 9:19:38 PM5/11/09
On May 11, 6:05 pm, Wollybird <wollyb...@frontiernet.net> wrote:

> That's ok, He also put Mayans in Bolivia.

No, the aliens built both places so he was just mentioning another
place they created, just like how they levitated the Moai at Easter
Island. Have you got your bags packed yet for the spaceship coming in
2012 when they come back through to portal that opens when we align
with the center of the galaxy?

dewach...@gmail.com

May 11, 2009, 10:21:18 PM5/11/09
On May 11, 7:01 pm, William D Clinger <cesur...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Michael Thames wrote:
> > Tiwanaku a city dated back 17,000 years
> > makes what the Egyptians did look like kindergarden.
>
> Although the extent of human migration into the New World
> before 12000 BCE remains controversial, there is certainly
> no compelling evidence for any 17000-year-old "city" within
> the New World; if there were, that evidence would have put
> an end to the argument.

Clinger, as you well know, and have proven time, and time again
_evidence_ is quite subjective.

Western archeology tells us the Iron age began 1200 BC, in ancient
Iran and India. Less say for the sake of argument you are correct
that Tieanaku was built in 1500 BC.

However, Tiwanaku is one of only three places in the ancient world
known to use metal I-clamps to join cut blocks together, the others
being ancient Egypt and Angkor Wat, Cambodia. Those I-clamps at
Tiwanaku are made of a particular alloy of iron, copper and arsenic
that requires a smelter operating at very high temperatures. A
scanning electron microscope determined that the clamps were poured
into place, necessitating a portable smelter. All this in an area
current theory denies an iron age.

The other problem is, that Tiwanaku was a solar observatory
accurately aligned to the sun. The sun is now 18 degrees off perfect
alignment, so therefore the site was laid out when sun and stone
aligned, roughly 17,000 years ago.

The Hopi Indians of Arizona have a prophecy rock, I've been there
and seen this rock. It revels the history of the Hopi people. The
Hopi do not have a written language, only an oral history passed down
from generation to generation. The Hopi's oral tradition traces their
history back 90,000 years, and having come from the south.

Their history also corresponds to the Mayan calender, and the
procession of the equinox, a 26,000 year cycle which they measure
time. Their oral history tells us we are entering the 5th world, in
2012 and the destruction of the 4th world. Each world according to
them is destroyed by a different element. The last world they teach
was destroyed by water, which corresponds to Plato, as well as every
other ancient culture on earth, and more recently preserved in the
Bible, as the story of Noah.

I don't know about you, but when every culture on the face of the
planet describes a cataclysmic flood having taken place in the distant
past......... I get curious. The odd thing about that is modern
archaeology has yet to find any evidence of a flood.

Who do you believe, modern science, or an oral and written account
of something science has yet to prove? Don't tell me I know your
answer.

> According to Wikipedia, "Tiwanaku dates as early as 1500 BC
> as a small agriculturally-based village."  Apparently you
> have once again inserted an extraneous zero.  (But what's
> a zero between friends, eh?  'Tis a mere nothing...)
>
> Will

Wiki Will, come on you can do better than that! You are beginning to
remind me of Larry.

Tashi

dewach...@gmail.com

May 11, 2009, 10:22:14 PM5/11/09

Another one suffering from poor reading comprehension skills!

rnjer...@yahoo.com

May 11, 2009, 10:22:41 PM5/11/09
On May 12, 12:08 pm, Paul Magnussen <magicon...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Since the communists were believed all to be Indians or foreign
agitators, if you eradicated all Indians and foreigners, you were
guaranteed to get all the communists. This aligned neatly with the
racist criollo policies of the previous 450 years.

RNJ

RNJ

michael...@mac.com

May 11, 2009, 10:26:17 PM5/11/09

Why do you keep insisting I believe in Aliens?

rnjer...@yahoo.com

May 11, 2009, 10:47:02 PM5/11/09

You had to be there. Both places. Though I really wouldn't recommend
revisiting the eastern part of Central America in the mid-60s.

RNJ

Wollybird

May 11, 2009, 10:49:50 PM5/11/09
> Another one suffering from poor reading comprehension skills!- Hide quoted text -

"In the field of glossopoeia they had no equal, the same is true for
mathematics, and astrology. Tiwanaku a city dated back 17,000 years
makes what the Egyptians did look like kindergarden. It defiles
logic
how they constructed this city. Whatever the Mayans were, their
knowledge of astrology most likely predates their own civilization.

1 paragraph, 4 independent thoughts, then? Maybe more?
It was a good show, though. A kid cracked the code. So much for no
such thing as talent.
http://www.myspace.com/jungsungha

michael...@mac.com

May 11, 2009, 10:55:30 PM5/11/09

Actually you are right, a 13 year old kid did crack the Mayan code,
it's in the Nova documentary.

michael...@mac.com

May 11, 2009, 10:58:38 PM5/11/09
On May 11, 8:49 pm, Wollybird <wollyb...@frontiernet.net> wrote:

OK Wolli, now I know 4 independent thoughts are hard for you. From
now on, I swear I'll only toss one at a time your way.

Tashi

Wollybird

May 11, 2009, 11:05:57 PM5/11/09
> it's in the Nova documentary.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, I watched it. It made me think of you at first, but I watched it
anyway. Watch this kid I linked to- 13 years old , practices 1 to 2
hour per day. Notice Michaels Chapedelaine is his friend. Sometimes it
take him a whole week to learn a new tune.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS0QjEeNYpM&feature=channel_page

Slogoin

May 11, 2009, 11:23:19 PM5/11/09
On May 11, 7:55 pm, michaeltham...@mac.com wrote:

> Actually you are right, a 13 year old kid did crack the Mayan code,
> it's in the Nova documentary.

More bad math. Did you even watch it?

MGFoster

May 12, 2009, 12:21:32 AM5/12/09

How's about reading some real science (carbon 14 dating of the site):

http://www.scielo.cl/scielo.php?pid=S0717-73562004000100003&script=sci_arttext#t3

--
MGFoster:::mgf00
Oakland, CA (USA)

Stanley Yates

May 12, 2009, 12:23:51 AM5/12/09

<rnjer...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Yeah.

"Me too," I replied.

RNJ

And now you're justy another poster on a dysfunctional newsgroup...

michael...@mac.com

May 12, 2009, 1:18:41 AM5/12/09
On May 11, 10:21 pm, MGFoster <m...@privacy.com> wrote:
> http://www.scielo.cl/scielo.php?pid=S0717-73562004000100003&script=sc...

> --
> MGFoster:::mgf00
> Oakland, CA (USA)

Perhaps we are talking about two different things.

Puma Punku truly startles the imagination. It seems to be the remains
of a great wharf that serviced Tiahuanaco, and a massive, four-part
building, now collapsed, as seen in figure 1 and 2. One of the
construction blocks from which the pier was fashioned weighs an
estimated 440 tons and several other blocks laying about are between
100 and 150 tons. The quarry for these giant blocks was on the western
shore of Titicaca, some fifteen kilometres away. There is no known
technology in all the ancient world that could have transported stones
of such massive weight and size. The Andean people of 500 A.D., with
their simple reed boats, to whom orthodox historians have attributed
as being the builders of these massive edifices, could certainly not
have moved them. Even today, with all the modern advances in
engineering and mathematics, we could not fashion such a structure.
http://www.geocities.com/seqenenretaoii/pumapunku.html

Slogoin

May 12, 2009, 1:26:14 AM5/12/09
On May 11, 10:18 pm, michaeltham...@mac.com wrote:
> There is no known
> technology in all the ancient world that could have transported stones
> of such massive weight and size.

Yeah, just like them Moai that were transported by UFOs!

michael...@mac.com

May 12, 2009, 1:44:42 AM5/12/09

Or this.... BTW, I don't believe in UFO's........ now get over it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AABPXvwevVA

After viewing this Larry can you do some maths, and set the world
straight on ancient technology. How about a straight answer for once
in your life? How does a culture that thrived back in 1500 BC build
these structures and yet no evidence has been found as to how they
accomplished this.

Slogoin

May 12, 2009, 2:12:52 AM5/12/09
On May 11, 10:44 pm, michaeltham...@mac.com wrote:

>  After viewing this Larry can you do some maths, and set the world
> straight on ancient technology. How about a straight answer for once
> in your life? How does a culture that thrived back in 1500 BC build
> these structures and yet no evidence has been found as to how they
> accomplished this.

LOL! Moai and all! The music is perfect!

michael...@mac.com

May 12, 2009, 2:17:40 AM5/12/09
On May 11, 10:21 pm, MGFoster <m...@privacy.com> wrote:
> http://www.scielo.cl/scielo.php?pid=S0717-73562004000100003&script=sc...

> --
> MGFoster:::mgf00
> Oakland, CA (USA)

NOVA: But how do you carbon date the pyramids themselves when they're
made out of stone, an inorganic material?

LEHNER: We had the idea some years back to radiocarbon date the
pyramids directly. And as you say, you need organic material in order
to do carbon-14 dating, because all living creatures, every living
thing takes in carbon-14 during its lifetime, and stops taking in
carbon-14 when it dies. And then the carbon-14 starts breaking down at
a regular rate. So in effect, you're counting the carbon-14 in an
organic specimen. And by virtue of the rate of disintegration of
carbon-14 atoms and the amount of carbon-14 in a sample, you can know
how old it is. So how do you date the pyramids, because they're made
out of stone and mortar? Well, in the 1980s when I was crawling around
on the pyramids, as I used to like to do and still do, I noticed that
contrary to what many guides tell people, even the stones of the Great
Pyramid of Khufu are put together with great quantities of mortar.
We're looking, you see, at the core.

There is no mortar at Puma Punku......

Tashi

michael...@mac.com

May 12, 2009, 2:20:04 AM5/12/09

How do you sleep at night, knowing what a bullshitter you are?
Again, Larry how did they do it?

William D Clinger

May 12, 2009, 7:50:20 AM5/12/09
Michael Thames wrote:
> How do you sleep at night, knowing what a bullshitter you are?

Oy vey.

> Again, Larry how did they do it?

There are a lot of things we don't know about ancient
technologies. That's why it is such a fascinating and
active area of research.

Admitting that you don't know something is not BS. On
the other hand: pretending to know something, inventing
just-so stories, manufacturing or cherry-picking evidence,
and pretending that the skeptics' willingness to admit
their ignorance counts as evidence for our stories---that
would be BS.

Will

John LaCroix

May 12, 2009, 8:20:59 AM5/12/09

If our culture was to cease today, 1500 years from now little or no
evidence as to how we built our cities, roads, dams, etc. (whatever is
left) would exist. Doesn't mean anything magical happened, just the
evidence didn't make it.

John LaCroix

May 12, 2009, 8:22:57 AM5/12/09

Sorry, I saw this the other day and can't resist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_OIXfkXEj0

John L.

Richard Yates

May 12, 2009, 10:48:04 AM5/12/09
> There is no mortar at Puma Punku......

Therefore.....?

dewach...@gmail.com

May 12, 2009, 11:28:55 AM5/12/09

Really John, building a road. cities and dams, is a mystery, compared
to an ancient society just out of the stone age, lifting and cutting
and fitting stones weighing up to 440 tons that fit like a jigsaw
puzzle?

Tashi

Slogoin

May 12, 2009, 11:20:38 AM5/12/09

It doesn't matter what we know or don't know some people just
ignore the research. If you look at that video you see a Moai from
Easter Island at one point as if that's also unexplained. I spent a
month on that island with Claudio Cristino

http://www.rapa-nui.org/claudio_resume.html

and a group of people who were the first to use GPS to map part of
the island. Claudio was amazed that so many people still think there
is some mystery about this island and its connection to other sites
yet know very little about it. There are some things we don't know
that are interesting like what the writing on the wood tablets mean
but to jump to the conclusion that there is some mysterious connection
between them and all the other megalithic sites around the planet is
more about human psychology than some alien involvement with humans as
this video implies.

Has any other RMCG poster actually done any work at any of these
sites besides me? It's really quite an education to work with the
researchers.

dewach...@gmail.com

May 12, 2009, 11:22:28 AM5/12/09
On May 12, 6:20 am, John LaCroix <John.L.LaCr...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm not suggesting anything magical happened, I've never said that.
The point is how could a bunch of goat herders that lived 1500 BC, who
had no written alphabet create these monolithic structures, with such
precision.

What I'm suggesting is that the people who built these structures
were much older than the goat farmers of 1500.BC. That's all........
nothing magical about that.

Tashi

dewach...@gmail.com

May 12, 2009, 11:53:01 AM5/12/09
On May 12, 5:50 am, William D Clinger <cesur...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Michael Thames wrote:
> > How do you sleep at night, knowing what a bullshitter you are?
>
> Oy vey.
>
> > Again, Larry how did they do it?
>
> There are a lot of things we don't know about ancient
> technologies.  That's why it is such a fascinating and
> active area of research.

Then why not take all evidence into account rather than provide links
to outdated research that doesn't account for the Iron age in ancient
civilizations in Bolivia? let alone a culture that developed a
calender that calculated the Precession of the Equinox, amongst other
things. You would like us to believe these people were goat farmers
from 1500 BC? With no written language?

> Admitting that you don't know something is not BS.

That doesn't seem to Larry's problem. It's more he ridicules things
he doesn't understand, and reduces them to Aleins, and the like. Then
when you ask him a serious question he retreats into his all to
predictable nihilistic stance that "it's all just a big game", and
we've been playing his game.

> On the other hand: pretending to know something, inventing
> just-so stories, manufacturing or cherry-picking evidence,
> and pretending that the skeptics' willingness to admit
> their ignorance counts as evidence for our stories---that
> would be BS.

Clinger logic 101, if you can't see it it doesn't exist. Somebody
providing carbon dating on an inorganic stone structure and passing
this off as proof would that qualify as BS in the world according to
Clinger? Would Googeling Wiki, and passing off the first thing you
read as evidence, is that BS too?

Clinger you might start by asking when the last time there was a
lake around Puma Punku, just for starters.

> Will

michael...@mac.com

May 12, 2009, 12:01:03 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 8:48 am, "Richard Yates" <rich...@yatesguitar.com> wrote:
> >   There is no mortar at Puma Punku......
>
> Therefore.....?

How can they be carbon dated? They carbon dated the great pyramids
by using organic compounds found in the mortar.

Tashi

Slogoin

May 12, 2009, 12:09:05 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 8:22 am, dewachen1...@gmail.com wrote:

>   What I'm suggesting is that the people who built these structures
> were much older than the goat farmers of 1500.BC.  That's all........
> nothing magical about that.

You are all over the map with this and have no actual experience
working in the field and post a video that suggests some aliens had
something to do with this. The same crap has been said about Easter
Island and this video even includes a shot of a moai as if somehow
it's related.

MT, you are the BS artist and you dump this crap in RMCG all the
time conflating so many things that you can't keep track of them and
can't even articulate one coherent idea. You ignore researchers in the
field and postulate unspecified connections to things like 2012 that
you really don't understand. What does this current obsession have to
do with your original post on the Mayan code?

You constantly get simple facts wrong like the age of the person
who cracked the Mayan code. You attack anybody who points out flaws in
your "logic" and then express pride in your ignorance of science while
siting bogus science as proof that "something" is going on and we all
need to "wake up" and see things that only you seem to understand.

Get a grip. You are losing it.

michael...@mac.com

May 12, 2009, 12:14:21 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 9:20 am, Slogoin <la...@deack.net> wrote:
> On May 12, 4:50 am, William D Clinger <cesur...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Michael Thames wrote:
> > > How do you sleep at night, knowing what a bullshitter you are?
>
> > Oy vey.
>
> > > Again, Larry how did they do it?
>
> > There are a lot of things we don't know about ancient
> > technologies.  That's why it is such a fascinating and
> > active area of research.
> > Admitting that you don't know something is not BS.  On
> > the other hand: pretending to know something, inventing
> > just-so stories, manufacturing or cherry-picking evidence,
> > and pretending that the skeptics' willingness to admit
> > their ignorance counts as evidence for our stories---that
> > would be BS.
>
>     It doesn't matter what we know or don't know some people just
> ignore the research. If you look at that video you see a Moai from
> Easter Island at one point as if that's also unexplained. I spent a
> month on that island with Claudio Cristino
>
> http://www.rapa-nui.org/claudio_resume.html

The Moai have nothing to do with Puma Punku, even though you would
love to derail the topic once again.

BTW, the link you provided basically stated your buddies
credentials. However beyond that, the fact that you were there and
felt the vibes, and present this as indisputable proof is classic
Larryisum. I just think you are a regular run of mill BOZO. Do you
talk to the trees too?

>   and a group of people who were the first to use GPS to map part of
> the island. Claudio was amazed that so many people still think there
> is some mystery about this island and its connection to other sites
> yet know very little about it. There are some things we don't know
> that are interesting like what the writing on the wood tablets mean
> but to jump to the conclusion that there is some mysterious connection
> between them and all the other megalithic sites around the planet is
> more about human psychology than some alien involvement with humans as
> this video implies.
>
>     Has any other RMCG poster actually done any work at any of these
> sites besides me? It's really quite an education to work with the
> researchers.

You speak of work you've done, did you write a thesis? Any
published works, do you even state a veiwpoint? Or are you going to
associate me with Aliens once again?

Tashi

Slogoin

May 12, 2009, 12:24:59 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 9:14 am, michaeltham...@mac.com wrote:
>   The Moai have nothing to do with Puma Punku, even though you would
> love to derail the topic once again.

Mayan Punku Moai aliens were behind 9/11 and are coming back in 2012!

>  classic Larryisum.  I just think you are a regular run of mill BOZO.

Keep going. The more you get worked up the better the comedy.

>   You speak of work you've done, did you write a thesis?  Any
> published works, do you even state a veiwpoint?

Same at you buddy. Look in the mirror.

William D Clinger

May 12, 2009, 12:42:09 PM5/12/09
"Talking to you is like talking to a goat." [1]

Michael Thames wrote:
> I'm not suggesting anything magical happened, I've never said that.
> The point is how could a bunch of goat herders that lived 1500 BC, who
> had no written alphabet create these monolithic structures, with such
> precision.
>
> What I'm suggesting is that the people who built these structures
> were much older than the goat farmers of 1500.BC. That's all........
> nothing magical about that.

Here's an even more radical hypothesis: Perhaps the people
who built those structures were much younger than the "goat
farmers of 1500 BC" [2]. It may not be entirely inconceivable
that the structures were built by the same people who built
the city in which those structures stood.

Will

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_OIXfkXEj0
[2] There were no domesticated goats in pre-Columbian
central or south America.

dewach...@gmail.com

May 12, 2009, 12:43:13 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 10:24 am, Slogoin <la...@deack.net> wrote:
> On May 12, 9:14 am, michaeltham...@mac.com wrote:
>
> >   The Moai have nothing to do with Puma Punku, even though you would
> > love to derail the topic once again.
>
> Mayan Punku Moai aliens were behind 9/11 and are coming back in 2012!

Here we go again!

> >  classic Larryisum.  I just think you are a regular run of mill BOZO.

> Keep going. The more you get worked up the better the comedy.

You forgot to mention what a big game it all is, and how we all are
just playing the "Game" of life so on and so forth.........

> >   You speak of work you've done, did you write a thesis?  Any
> > published works, do you even state a veiwpoint?

>   Same at you buddy. Look in the mirror.

I didn't claim to have done research in the field with
archaeologists. Christ, Larry do you have any idea of just how
pathetic your logic is? You have presented no viewpoint, despite the
fact you claim to have done research. All you can do is ridicule!
You are an amazing fake! A Jack of all trades! Who can barely play
guitar.

dewach...@gmail.com

May 12, 2009, 12:48:17 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 10:09 am, Slogoin <la...@deack.net> wrote:
> On May 12, 8:22 am, dewachen1...@gmail.com wrote:

> You are all over the map with this and have no actual experience
> working in the field and post a video that suggests some aliens had
> something to do with this. The same crap has been said about Easter
> Island and this video even includes a shot of a moai as if somehow
> it's related.

I used the video as a vehicle for people to see Puma Punku, I
stated in that link I don't believe in aliens!!! What part of this
don't you understand? If you could settle down a little and read what
I've said you will find I simply stated these structures were older
than 1500 BC. That's all Larry!

If you have a hammer every problem looks like a nail, when you are
Larry Deack every problem looks like an alien!

> MT, you are the BS artist and you dump this crap in RMCG all the
> time conflating so many things that you can't keep track of them and
> can't even articulate one coherent idea. You ignore researchers in the
> field and postulate unspecified connections to things like 2012 that
> you really don't understand. What does this current obsession have to
> do with your original post on the Mayan code?

Education!

> You constantly get simple facts wrong like the age of the person
> who cracked the Mayan code.

You are right he was 12 not 13.

CHILD'S PLAY
David Stuart submits his first scholarly paper on glyphs at age 12 and
later becomes a major player in Maya studies with his advances in
script decipherment

See Nova......the chapter called Childs play the fourth one down.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/mayacode/program.html

>You attack anybody who points out flaws in
> your "logic"

You have yet to point out flaws in my logic, all you do, is say I
believe in Aliens. Do you know how often you do this Larry? You
simply ridicule others as a pretense for logic, your kinda a sad dude
in that respect.

>and then express pride in your ignorance of science while
> siting bogus science as proof that "something" is going on and we all
> need to "wake up" and see things that only you seem to understand.

Can you provide proof or a statement I've made to support your
imagination run wild, other than say I believe in Aliens?

> Get a grip. You are losing it.

Thanks for being there Larry!

Tashi

Slogoin

May 12, 2009, 12:55:02 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 9:43 am, dewachen1...@gmail.com wrote:

>   Here we go again!

>   You forgot to mention what a big game it all is, and how we all are
> just playing the "Game" of life so on and so forth.........

Keep going, it's getting better all the time.

>  I didn't claim to have done research in the field with archaeologists.

Right.

>  Christ, Larry do you have any idea of just how pathetic your logic is?

"Logic? Logic? Oh where oh has the logic gone?", he said while
wagging his tail behind him.

> You have presented no viewpoint, despite the fact you claim to have done research.

Are you looking in that mirror?

> All you can do is ridicule!

Oh, I see you are looking, sort of.

> You are an amazing fake!  A Jack of all trades!

Here come the fun stuff.

>  Who can barely play guitar.

Ah, we are at the best one of all in RMCG. Please keep going. I love
this part of the story. It's so "logical".

dewach...@gmail.com

May 12, 2009, 12:57:42 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 10:42 am, William D Clinger <cesur...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Talking to you is like talking to a goat." [1]
>
> Michael Thames wrote:
> > I'm not suggesting anything magical happened, I've never said that.
> > The point is how could a bunch of goat herders that lived 1500 BC, who
> > had no written alphabet create these monolithic structures, with such
> > precision.
>
> >   What I'm suggesting is that the people who built these structures
> > were much older than the goat farmers of 1500.BC.  That's all........
> > nothing magical about that.
>
> Here's an even more radical hypothesis:  Perhaps the people
> who built those structures were much younger than the "goat
> farmers of 1500 BC" [2].  It may not be entirely inconceivable
> that the structures were built by the same people who built
> the city in which those structures stood.

Your absolutely right Clinger "goat Farmers" did not exist then, I
should have used the term "Yahoos" instead. BTW, in your radical
Hypothisis did you find any evidence of a written language Mathematics
any thing like that to suggest a bunch of Goat farming Yahoos were
capable of building such complex structures?

> Will
>
> [1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_OIXfkXEj0

I'm bored debating a goat farming Yahoo from Texas about 911.

> [2] There were no domesticated goats in pre-Columbian
> central or south America.

But there are a lot of domesticated Yahoos in Texas!

Tashi

Slogoin

May 12, 2009, 1:02:47 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 9:48 am, dewachen1...@gmail.com wrote:

>   I used the video as a vehicle for people to see Puma Punku,  I
> stated in that link I don't believe in aliens!!!  What part of this
> don't you understand?  If you could settle down a little and read what
> I've said you will find I simply stated these structures were older
> than 1500 BC.  That's all Larry!

LOL! This is getting better by the minute.

>   If you have a hammer every problem looks like a nail,  when you are
> Larry Deack every problem looks like an alien!

Nice use of that hammer here. Keep on pounding.

>   Education!

Yep.

>     You are right he was 12 not 13.

Not when he cracked the code. Nice try though.

>  You have yet to point out flaws in my logic,

What logic?

> Do you know how often you do this Larry?

It's a Pavlovian response.

> You simply ridicule others as a pretense for logic, your kinda a sad dude in that respect.

Mirror mirror on the wall...

>   Can you provide proof or a statement I've made

Who can prove a negative?

>  Thanks for being there Larry!

Your welcome, not mine.

dewach...@gmail.com

May 12, 2009, 1:04:21 PM5/12/09

Larry, OK I'm sorry I was wrong for saying you could barely play
guitar. What I should have said is for the time you have invested in
playing guitar you should have been much better, and more accomplished
than hacking through simple pieces, and passing yourself off as a
teacher........ is that why you only teach children?

Again I apologize!

Tashi

Slogoin

May 12, 2009, 1:07:09 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 10:04 am, dewachen1...@gmail.com wrote:

>   Again I apologize!

Ahh, that's so sweet! Please keep going. It's getting better with
every post.

Miguel de Maria

May 12, 2009, 1:08:53 PM5/12/09

Jeez, Larry, you are getting pretty mean, man.

Slogoin

May 12, 2009, 1:12:44 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 10:08 am, Miguel de Maria <elegantspanishgui...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Jeez, Larry, you are getting pretty mean, man.

Really? I thought I was being really nice compared to MT's insults
about me. Do you think he's being nice?

John LaCroix

May 12, 2009, 1:33:59 PM5/12/09

How about building computer processor chips with millions of discrete
components that are smaller than your fingernail? Not really
mysterious, provided you know the trick of how it was done. Once that
knowledge is lost, people will wonder how it was done. So, how did
those stones get fit together then....magic? No, I suspect the answer
lies in the fact that some smart engineers lived back then and labor
was cheap - 1000s of strong backs can accomplish more than a single
man driving a front end loader.

John LaCroix

May 12, 2009, 1:39:47 PM5/12/09

In 1500 BC I respectfully suggest that there were many forms of
skilled labor, and not just 'goat farmers'. These structures were the
product of a complex, technologically savy (for the times which they
existed) civilization. I guess I don't understand why the fixation
that these structures have to be older than 1500 BC. From what
evidence can this conclusion be drawn?

Miguel de Maria

May 12, 2009, 1:41:27 PM5/12/09

Larry, you have to realize that Michael is a very playful person. I
really don't think too much of the insults he casually flings at you
should be taken to heart (and mostly the insults I fling at you are
meant to be taken light-heartedly as well). Obviously he and Andrew
don't get along, but most of the rest of it is in fun (my opinion of
course).

I recently watched the old Jacques Cousteau special on Rapanui. It's
probably out of date, but he really does put together an eerily
mysterious show on it. However, the mystery had more to do with the
psychology than any technical difficulties. His son went up in a
little airplane and crashed! Don't you wish we could find out what
was written on those wooden planks? I'm studying Ancient Greek a
little, and it's a fun idea to read what was written so long ago.

Miguel de Maria

May 12, 2009, 1:43:16 PM5/12/09
> man driving a front end loader.- Hide quoted text -

Here's a mystery--how did ribosomes come into existence!?

Slogoin

May 12, 2009, 1:56:46 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 10:41 am, Miguel de Maria <elegantspanishgui...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Larry, you have to realize that Michael is a very playful person.  I
> really don't think too much of the insults he casually flings at you
> should be taken to heart (and mostly the insults I fling at you are
> meant to be taken light-heartedly as well).  Obviously he and Andrew
> don't get along, but most of the rest of it is in fun (my opinion of
> course).

So how do you read my posts as mean but his as playful fun? Maybe
because you met him?

> However, the mystery had more to do with the
> psychology than any technical difficulties.

Yep. In these posts we see the same thing.

>  His son went up in a little airplane and crashed!

Yes, Claudio was there. They flew him to Santiago since the clinic
on the island is not up to that.

> Don't you wish we could find out what was written on those wooden planks?

Yep. Lots of interesting other things to learn there that you won't
find on the web.

dewach...@gmail.com

May 12, 2009, 2:01:08 PM5/12/09

Aren't you taking this a little too seriously it's just a "game" and
"comedy show", right? Lighten up you dumb incompetent , ignorant,
space alien carving, flower sniffing, flying without a pilots license
by the seat of your pants, long haired, barefoot, bullshitter, washed
up guitarist, game show host! Yea that was fun!

Tashi

Slogoin

May 12, 2009, 2:01:39 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 10:43 am, Miguel de Maria <elegantspanishgui...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Here's a mystery--how did ribosomes come into existence!?

Mice designed them as part of this giant computer we call Earth. It's
a deep thought.

Slogoin

May 12, 2009, 2:03:30 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 11:01 am, dewachen1...@gmail.com wrote:

>  Aren't you taking this a little too seriously it's just  a "game" and
> "comedy show", right?   Lighten up you dumb incompetent , ignorant,
> space alien carving, flower sniffing, flying without a pilots license
> by the seat of your pants, long haired, barefoot, bullshitter, washed
> up guitarist, game show host!  Yea that was fun!

Keep going. It's getting better with each post. I hope that's not
the best you can do?

dewach...@gmail.com

May 12, 2009, 2:03:45 PM5/12/09

Miguel, did you really expect an answer from this game show host we
call Larry.

Tashi

John LaCroix

May 12, 2009, 2:08:54 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 1:43 pm, Miguel de Maria <elegantspanishgui...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Good one. I couldn't find specific passage in genesis, so they
probably don't really exist :^)
Seriously, I would guess would be that they resulted from pools of
organic matter being bombarded by cosmic rays 4.5 billion years ago.
Or maybe left from the sole of an alien shoe when they stopped off at
earth to take a leak...

Slogoin

May 12, 2009, 2:15:23 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 11:08 am, John LaCroix <John.L.LaCr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Or maybe left from the sole of an alien shoe when they stopped off at earth to take a leak...

Shoe? They don't wear shoes! I was there and took this photo:

http://bugguide.net/node/view/32354

ycle...@verizon.net

May 12, 2009, 2:27:19 PM5/12/09
Well, If you don't trust the TV, you can always read the book. :

This from Errol Morris's last blog entries on photography in the New
York Times:

"ERROL MORRIS: It’s amazing that you were able to uncover these odd
details.

MARK DUNKELMAN: Yes. I was rolling along, but I needed primary source
material. So in Portville, N.Y., Amos Humiston’s hometown, I managed
to make good connections. And somebody in Portville managed to track
down a Humiston descendent. And I got in touch with this fellow. His
name is David Humiston Kelley. He is a professor emeritus at the
University of Calgary in Alberta, Canada. And David is a very
interesting guy. I eventually met him several times. He is an
archaeologist whose first book was helping to break the Mayan code, to
learn how to read all those Mayan hieroglyphics. And I’ve got a copy
of his most recent book here. It’s called “Exploring Ancient Skies: An
Encyclopedic Survey of Archaeoastronomy.” [4] I open this book to any
page at random, and it’s virtually unintelligible to me. But I’m sure
that it’s the definitive word on the subject. So I got in touch with
David, and we started a correspondence. And eventually, I went out to
Calgary and spent a week with him going through all the Humiston
material he had. I was really kind of surprised at what little mention
there was of Amos. The family was thrust into the spotlight against
their will. They became celebrities. And they didn’t like being
celebrities, particularly celebrity born out of tragedy. They tried to
avoid the story pretty much. I learned an awful lot about what
happened to Philinda and her three children in the years after the
war, but it still left a great big gap regarding Amos and his wartime
service. And so I was out of luck there. Now, David, in addition to
his archaeoastronomy work, is a very avid genealogist. He’s traced
branches of his family back to King David in the Bible."

If I remember, the physicist Richard Feynman also played a role.

And I find Evan Connell's discussion of the invention of Mu in his
lovely essay in the White Lantern quite entertaining!

http://www.snarkout.org/archives/2001/08/25/
Cheers,

MD

On May 10, 2:16 pm, michaeltham...@mac.com wrote:
>   Looks interesting, I haven't seen it yet.  I Tevoed it and will
> watch it tonight along with the Tudors.  Considering Exon/Mobil is a
> major sponsor of PBS in might not be that interesting.
>   Larry, I'm sure, figured this stuff out decades ago in 3rd grade so
> it might bore him slightly, but for the rest of us mortals it be prove
> interesting......http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/mayacode/program.html
>
> Tashi

Miguel de Maria

May 12, 2009, 2:40:01 PM5/12/09

I had hoped so, but I'll just give up until his rampage has exhausted
itself.

Miguel de Maria

May 12, 2009, 2:41:15 PM5/12/09

This sort of sarcastic skeptism is actually antithetical to learning
and creative inquiry. The precautionary principle taken to an absurd
length. Actually, panspermia is not a ridiculous hypothesis.

Slogoin

May 12, 2009, 2:49:49 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 11:41 am, Miguel de Maria <elegantspanishgui...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> This sort of sarcastic skeptism is actually antithetical to learning and creative inquiry.

You think Douglas Adams is antithetical to learning and creative
inquiry?

Maybe the "elite" planned it that way, eh? Dumb us all down, except
for the few like you and MT dude...

dewach...@gmail.com

May 12, 2009, 3:01:04 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 12:41 pm, Miguel de Maria <elegantspanishgui...@gmail.com>

wrote:
> On May 12, 11:01 am, Slogoin <la...@deack.net> wrote:
>
> > On May 12, 10:43 am, Miguel de Maria <elegantspanishgui...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > > Here's a mystery--how did ribosomes come into existence!?
>
> > Mice designed them as part of this giant computer we call Earth. It's
> > a deep thought.
>
> This sort of sarcastic skeptism is actually antithetical to learning
> and creative inquiry.  The precautionary principle taken to an absurd
> length.  Actually, panspermia is not a ridiculous hypothesis.

Miguel, that just shot right over Larry the game show hosts head.
He's now desperately trying to grasp how he can incorporate Aliens
into his response to your hypothesis, to prevent you from opening door
#3, and winning the living room set, along with the Winnebago!

Tashi

Miguel de Maria

May 12, 2009, 3:07:46 PM5/12/09

Oh, Michael, just tell him you think he's a good guitar player.

Slogoin

May 12, 2009, 3:15:30 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 12:07 pm, Miguel de Maria <elegantspanishgui...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Oh, Michael, just tell him you think he's a good guitar player.

Ahh, you two are so cute, like to peas in a pod. It's getting
better with each post but I suspect that readers (all three of them)
are getting lost and bored by now. Can you spice it up some more
please?

Miguel de Maria

May 12, 2009, 3:17:39 PM5/12/09

Larry, I think you're an excellent guitar player!

Slogoin

May 12, 2009, 3:27:26 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 12:17 pm, Miguel de Maria <elegantspanishgui...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Larry, I think you're an excellent guitar player!

Shhhh... don't tell anybody but I really don't play guitar. Those
MP3s I posted were done by my pet sloth. He's really an alien who
helped create the Earth for the mice but he got bored with the grunt
work he was doing and decided to take up guitar as a hobby. He's a tad
slow but he's really good over the long haul.

Richard Yates

May 12, 2009, 3:32:41 PM5/12/09
michael...@mac.com wrote:
> On May 12, 8:48 am, "Richard Yates" <rich...@yatesguitar.com> wrote:
>>> There is no mortar at Puma Punku......
>>
>> Therefore.....?
>
> How can they be carbon dated? They carbon dated the great pyramids
> by using organic compounds found in the mortar.

And the absence of a carbon date proves what?

Miguel de Maria

May 12, 2009, 3:42:58 PM5/12/09

There, there, don't be silly, you're a quite good guitar player. I've
always enjoyed your mp3s, and I also like your repertoire. Also, from
browsing the archives, I have seen that you once made many helpful and
knowledgeable posts about guitar.

dewach...@gmail.com

May 12, 2009, 4:31:59 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 1:42 pm, Miguel de Maria <elegantspanishgui...@gmail.com>

Yes, Miguel I agree! I would rather hangout with Larry, than with
some of the finest people I know.

Tashi

Miguel de Maria

May 12, 2009, 6:51:18 PM5/12/09
> Tashi- Hide quoted text -

Larry is one of the finest people I know. But I know a lot of
people...

Michael, it sounds like you and I need a nice 4-step program. Check
it out--
http://www.timboucher.com/journal/2007/09/17/treating-conspiracy-addiction/

michael...@mac.com

May 12, 2009, 7:21:31 PM5/12/09
On May 12, 4:51 pm, Miguel de Maria <elegantspanishgui...@gmail.com>
> it out--http://www.timboucher.com/journal/2007/09/17/treating-conspiracy-addi...

That looks like the perfect program for someone...... When everything
you think you know, is wrong, but you fear you are right!

MGFoster

May 13, 2009, 1:32:25 AM5/13/09
michael...@mac.com wrote:
> On May 11, 10:21 pm, MGFoster <m...@privacy.com> wrote:
>> How's about reading some real science (carbon 14 dating of the site):
>>
>> http://www.scielo.cl/scielo.php?pid=S0717-73562004000100003&script=sc...
>>
>> --
>> MGFoster:::mgf00
>> Oakland, CA (USA)
>
> NOVA: But how do you carbon date the pyramids themselves when they're
> made out of stone, an inorganic material?
>
> LEHNER: We had the idea some years back to radiocarbon date the
> pyramids directly. And as you say, you need organic material in order
> to do carbon-14 dating, because all living creatures, every living
> thing takes in carbon-14 during its lifetime, and stops taking in
> carbon-14 when it dies. And then the carbon-14 starts breaking down at
> a regular rate. So in effect, you're counting the carbon-14 in an
> organic specimen. And by virtue of the rate of disintegration of
> carbon-14 atoms and the amount of carbon-14 in a sample, you can know
> how old it is. So how do you date the pyramids, because they're made
> out of stone and mortar? Well, in the 1980s when I was crawling around
> on the pyramids, as I used to like to do and still do, I noticed that
> contrary to what many guides tell people, even the stones of the Great
> Pyramid of Khufu are put together with great quantities of mortar.
> We're looking, you see, at the core.

> There is no mortar at Puma Punku......

My source only refers to Tiwanaku, not Puma Punku.

"Calibration of sets, combined with geographical origin show the main
period of Tiwanaku activity falling under the second half of the first
millennium...." That would be around 500 CE. The earliest radiocarbon
dating is between 1990-1730 BCE - that was performed on ceramic shards
(see Table 2 in the below source).

Source:
http://www.scielo.cl/scielo.php?pid=S0717-73562004000100003&script=sci_arttext

On radiocarbon dating inorganic objects:

"Though archaeologists could not directly use radiocarbon dating on
objects such as coins, they could often find organic material (like
charcoal from a fire) on the same stratum at a site as the object. In
this way the age of the coin, or any other non-organic item, might be
inferred from the age of the charcoal."

Source: http://www.unmuseum.org/radiocar.htm

--
MGFoster:::mgf00
Oakland, CA (USA)

rnjer...@yahoo.com

May 13, 2009, 3:44:17 AM5/13/09
On May 12, 5:18 pm, michaeltham...@mac.com wrote:
>Even today, with all the modern advances in
> engineering and mathematics, we could not fashion such a >structure.

http://www.geocities.com/seqenenretaoii/pumapunku.html

Actually micha...@mac.com didn't write it, he cut and pasted it
from the reference.

Here is a crane

http://tinyurl.com/pza3yn

used in shipbuilding. It positions ship subassemblies within fractions
of an inch so they can be welded in place. Its capacity is 1200 tons.
It could toss 440 ton rocks around like Legos. You can ordier it from
the catalog.

The biggest strip mining trucks have a capacity near 400 tons. They
are fast and maneuverable. Put a flatbed on one and beef it up a bit
and you could build a road around Lake Titcaca and drive the rocks to
the building site. The Space Shuttle transporter hauls 2,250 tons,
rather sedately, over a level road. There is no limit to current
technology to move 440 ton rocks if you want to.

With a crane at the quarry to load the trucks and one at the job site
to unload them and precisely position the stones, building Puma Punku
would be child's play for modern shipbuilders and mining engineers.

To say it is impossible is ignorant bullshit.

No, Tashi, I'm not saying you're an ignorant bullshitter--just
credulous.

And no, I don't know how Puma Punku was built. We don't know how
Stonehenge or the Great Pyramids were built. Though there are credible
theories, there is considerable debate. People debate how the Incas
built the hugely impressive mortar free, precisely fitted megalithic
masonry of polygonal granite stones still seen almost all over Cusco,
having survived centuries of earthquakes. Apparently the Spaniards
failed to ask them. We don't even know in any detail how the Romans
built their aqueducts or cast the concrete dome of the Pantheon, a
building in continuous use right up to today in modern Rome.

Sure, we don't know how Puma Punku was built. That's par for the
course. Sure we're amazed at the feat of building it. That's par for
the course, too.

We're amazed at the feats of the medieval cathedral builders. Maybe a
little less amazed when we learn that more several of them collapsed,
no doubt settling debates among master masons and architects. Then
they were rebuilt to a smarter plan. Like other products of culture,
building techniques evolve. Genetic evolution produces elephants, blue
whales and whale sharks. Cultural evolution produces impressive
buildings--that we don't know how they were built. They're even
impressive if we don't get mixed up about the number of zeros in a
date.

When the Saxons gradually took control of England they refused to live
in the remaining Roman buildings, though many were still in good
condition. They thought the stone buildings were built by witchcraft.
They had been living within a few hundred miles of Roman Gaul for
centuries. Yet they believed ignorant bullshit.

RNJ

Slogoin

May 13, 2009, 10:34:45 AM5/13/09
On May 13, 12:44 am, rnjerni...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On May 12, 5:18 pm, michaeltham...@mac.com wrote:
>
> >Even today, with all the modern advances in
> > engineering and mathematics, we could not fashion such a >structure.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/seqenenretaoii/pumapunku.html
>
> Actually michaelt...@mac.com didn't write it, he cut and pasted it from the reference.

Yes, I know. He still thinks Astrologers know math.

I bet he also thinks diamonds are the hardest substance on Earth like
that video said. I bet most people think that one is true.

He still insists that the guy cracked the Mayan code as a kid instead
of after he was 18.

> Yet they believed ignorant bullshit.

That is what amazed Claudio about the myths still surrounding Easter
Island. Most humans just love myths too much to give them up.

At least he makes RMCG entertaining. Without Jackson it's all up to
him, with some help from his buddy Miguel.

dewach...@gmail.com

May 13, 2009, 12:43:30 PM5/13/09
On May 13, 1:44 am, rnjerni...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On May 12, 5:18 pm, michaeltham...@mac.com wrote:
>
> >Even today, with all the modern advances in
> > engineering and mathematics, we could not fashion such a >structure.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/seqenenretaoii/pumapunku.html
>
> Actually michaelt...@mac.com didn't write it, he cut and pasted it

> from the reference.
>
> Here is a crane
>
> http://tinyurl.com/pza3yn
>
> used in shipbuilding. It positions ship subassemblies within fractions
> of an inch so they can be welded in place. Its capacity is 1200 tons.
> It could toss 440 ton rocks around like Legos. You can ordier it from
> the catalog.
>
> The biggest strip mining trucks have a capacity near 400 tons. They
> are fast and maneuverable. Put a flatbed on one and beef it up a bit
> and you could build a road around Lake Titcaca and drive the rocks to
> the building site. The Space Shuttle transporter hauls 2,250 tons,
> rather sedately, over a level road. There is no limit to current
> technology to move 440 ton rocks if you want to.

I wonder why in all of the excavations of these Inca cultures they
have found no evidence of such machinery, yet find pottery chard's,
and necklaces. In the world of Archeology "A man sees what he wants
to see, and disregards the rest" certainly is a fitting slogan.

Why I wouldn't be surprised to find in some circles that the schools
and institutions who fund these digs have an agenda to prove the world
is only 6000 years old, if you know what I mean. The digs in Israel
are mainly funded to prove the Bible was historically accurate, and
that Israelite's were there first, and so lay claim to the land.
Palestinians are busy doing their own digs to disprove Israel's
claims. We call this science, and put it up as propaganda on the
"History Channel", and people like you Richard, go for it hook, line,
and sinker.

> With a crane at the quarry to load the trucks and one at the job site
> to unload them and precisely position the stones, building Puma Punku
> would be child's play for modern shipbuilders and mining engineers.
>
> To say it is impossible is ignorant bullshit.
>
> No, Tashi, I'm not saying you're an ignorant bullshitter--just
> credulous.

Jesus Christ Richard, I provide a link to give our humble readers some
basic information about Puma Punku, and in a rabid frenzy you pull one
statement off there, and use it to provoke the war of the worlds!

Yes I'm sure if the future of civilization depended on it, mankind
could again build the great pyramids, Inca temples, and Puma Punku,
and perhaps throw in a car that gets 70 miles on a gallon of gas while
were at it. However, to be honest to rebuild the great pyramids would
throw the worlds economy into a tailspin, and _THAT_ is what would
make it a modern impossibility.

> And no, I don't know how Puma Punku was built. We don't know how
> Stonehenge or the Great Pyramids were built. Though there are credible
> theories, there is considerable debate. People debate how the Incas
> built the hugely impressive mortar free, precisely fitted megalithic
> masonry of polygonal granite stones still seen almost all over Cusco,
> having survived centuries of earthquakes. Apparently the Spaniards
> failed to ask them.

By the Time the Spanish arrived I'm sure this was all ancient
history to the Incas,

>We don't even know in any detail how the Romans
> built their aqueducts or cast the concrete dome of the Pantheon, a
> building in continuous use right up to today in modern Rome.

Now Richard you sound ridiculous, of course we know how they made
these. Or maybe they were states secrets?

> Sure, we don't know how Puma Punku was built. That's par for the
> course.  Sure we're amazed at the feat of building it. That's par for
> the course, too.

>They're even impressive if we don't get mixed up about the number of
zeros in a
> date.

Yes, I'm sure if present day Egypt were dug up 25,000 years from
now, the history books would tell Mubarak was Pharaoh, and the
national religion of the Egyptians was Islam, and the pyramids were
assembled in shipyards, and transported to location with Mega-dump
trucks.

> When the Saxons gradually took control of England they refused to live
> in the remaining Roman buildings, though many were still in good
> condition. They thought the stone buildings were built by witchcraft.
> They had been living within a few hundred miles of Roman Gaul for
> centuries. Yet they believed ignorant bullshit.
>
> RNJ

Oh Richard, you are so hard on these surfs, just think if you
were alive back then you could have set their minds free. Ignorance
breeds ignorance, I mean just take a look at you. You believe a 16
foot diameter hole in the side of the Pentagon was caused by a 757,
and a passenger jet that crash in Shankville with full fuel tanks
didn't burn a blade of grass, you also believe a building such the WTC
7 fails at four corners at the same time facilitating a symmetrical
collapse into it's foot print, cause by a couple low level isolated
fires.

Yes indeed you are observant and have an incredible gift for
recognizing "ignorant Bullshit"......... I guess nothing much has
changed in the last couple thousand years, if we take an objectionable
look at your rational and conclusions.

Tashi

Slogoin

May 13, 2009, 1:03:03 PM5/13/09
On May 13, 9:43 am, dewachen1...@gmail.com wrote:
>   I wonder why in all of the excavations of these Inca cultures they
> have found no evidence of such machinery,

Actually they have but par for the course you have not done your
homework.

> You believe a 16 foot diameter hole in the side of the Pentagon was caused by a 757,
> and a passenger jet that crash in Shankville with full fuel tanks
> didn't burn a blade of grass, you also believe a building such the WTC
> 7 fails at four corners at the same time facilitating a symmetrical
> collapse into it's foot print, cause by a couple low level isolated
> fires.

AAAAACK! Here we go again...

dewach...@gmail.com

May 13, 2009, 1:17:48 PM5/13/09
On May 13, 8:34 am, Slogoin <la...@deack.net> wrote:
> On May 13, 12:44 am, rnjerni...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > On May 12, 5:18 pm, michaeltham...@mac.com wrote:
>
> > >Even today, with all the modern advances in
> > > engineering and mathematics, we could not fashion such a >structure.
>
> >http://www.geocities.com/seqenenretaoii/pumapunku.html
>
> > Actually michaelt...@mac.com didn't write it, he cut and pasted it from the reference.
>
> Yes, I know. He still thinks Astrologers know math.

Right Larry, try and cast a horoscope with out the use of math. Or
better yet, and more on subject, why don't you do a thesis on how the
Mayans, Incas or whoever it was, created a calendar without the use of
the maths! Perhaps be the first on your block to discover the
precession of the equinox.

> I bet he also thinks diamonds are the hardest substance on Earth like
> that video said. I bet most people think that one is true.

Right Larry, you Googled with your Google brain, and found ACNR to
be denser than diamonds by 0.3 per cent and also harder than it. I
guess that pretty much proves everything I've said is wrong, how could
they have missed this factoid. Congratulations you found the "Achilles
heel" in my hypothesis, and everything comes tumbling down like a
house of cards...... you must be basking in your glory, and giving
yourself a good pat on the back. As for me I feel defeated, and my
dick is dragging in the dirt. I hope you feel proud of yourself now!

> He still insists that the guy cracked the Mayan code as a kid instead
> of after he was 18.

Oh you watched that film too........... Glad to see I had an
effect on you. BTW, he began to investigate the Mayan Glyphs at 13,
the accumulated knowledge from years of study bore fruit.

Larry have borne any fruit in your life lately ..... anything to
speak of? Playing an amateurish version of "When the cows come home"
doesn't count!

> > Yet they believed ignorant bullshit.
>
>   That is what amazed Claudio about the myths still surrounding Easter
> Island. Most humans just love myths too much to give them up.

Like the myth that civilization can only be traced back 12,000 years
or so? When many cultures around the world have writings and oral
traditions that run contrary to the western science of archeology? Is
it because we are smart and brown people are stupid and believe in
superstition?

>    At least he makes RMCG entertaining. Without Jackson it's all up to
> him, with some help from his buddy Miguel.

Glad to do my part to help ease the suffering of mediocrity of
thought, I think I can speak for Miguel and say, you all are welcome.
However, given the currant trends I see for the internet, MIguel and I
may soon have to start charging your ass, for services rendered.

Tashi

John LaCroix

May 13, 2009, 3:08:00 PM5/13/09
On May 13, 12:43 pm, dewachen1...@gmail.com wrote:

>   I wonder why in all of the excavations of these Inca cultures they
> have found no evidence of such machinery, yet find pottery chard's,
> and necklaces.  In the world of Archeology "A man sees what he wants
> to see, and disregards the rest" certainly is a fitting slogan.

Wood and ropes generally doesn't last long. You can use wooden rollers
to move many tons of rock and yet after 1000 years all that will
remain is the pile of rocks. Here's another example. There is a wreck
of quarry ship from the 1840's sitting in 25' of water near a small
island that I have dove. Absolutely no wood whatsoever remains from
the ship. What does remain is a neat pile of granite blocks - each
approximately 5 ft square, neatly stacked. From above you can see the
outline of the ship, yet the ship itself is completely gone after not
even 200 years.

John L.

Slogoin

May 13, 2009, 3:13:47 PM5/13/09
On May 13, 10:17 am, dewachen1...@gmail.com wrote:
>  Right Larry, try and cast a horoscope with out the use of math.

For you Astrology is math.

>   Right Larry, you Googled with your Google brain, and found ACNR  to
> be denser than diamonds by 0.3 per cent and also harder than it.

Do some more googling. You missed something.

>     Oh you watched that film too........... Glad to see I had an
> effect on you.  BTW, he began to investigate the Mayan Glyphs at 13,
> the accumulated knowledge from years of study bore fruit.

You don't pay attention too well. He presented a paper but began much
earlier.

> >   That is what amazed Claudio about the myths still surrounding Easter
> > Island. Most humans just love myths too much to give them up.

Oh my, synchronicity at work... the history channel has Claudio on the
Mega Movers show as I type.

>  Is it because we are smart and brown people are stupid and believe in superstition?

MT plays the race card! Next you'll call me a Nazi, right?

>   Glad to do my part to help ease the suffering of mediocrity of
> thought, I think I can speak for Miguel and say, you all are welcome.
> However, given the currant trends I see for the internet, MIguel and I
> may soon have to start charging your ass, for services rendered.

You are such a great predictor of technology trends and all things
scientific that I'm sure everyone is grateful for you posts.

Slogoin

May 13, 2009, 3:18:45 PM5/13/09
On May 13, 12:08 pm, John LaCroix <John.L.LaCr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wood and ropes generally doesn't last long. You can use wooden rollers
> to move many tons of rock and yet after 1000 years all that will
> remain is the pile of rocks.

Way too logical for MT. There is something on Easter Island that
suggests the use of wood in moving the stones but I don't want to give
it away since MT thinks everything is on the web so he can google it.
Claudio pointed it out to me but I've never seen it mentioned on any
shows nor read about it anywhere else.

dewach...@gmail.com

May 13, 2009, 11:43:23 PM5/13/09
On May 13, 1:08 pm, John LaCroix <John.L.LaCr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 13, 12:43 pm, dewachen1...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> >   I wonder why in all of the excavations of these Inca cultures they
> > have found no evidence of such machinery, yet find pottery chard's,
> > and necklaces.  In the world of Archeology "A man sees what he wants
> > to see, and disregards the rest" certainly is a fitting slogan.
>
> Wood and ropes generally doesn't last long. You can use wooden rollers
> to move many tons of rock and yet after 1000 years all that will
> remain is the pile of rocks.

Thanks for clarifying that John, I knew all those Indian shops on
Highway 66 in Arizona were selling fake petrified wood, and to think
they find that stuff scattered all over the southwest here. Yea John,
I would rather believe you..... that wood only last 1000 years, than
those damn lying geologists..... bastards!

>Here's another example. There is a wreck
> of  quarry ship from the 1840's sitting in 25' of water near a small
> island that I have dove. Absolutely no wood whatsoever remains from
> the ship. What does remain is a neat pile of granite blocks - each
> approximately 5 ft square, neatly stacked. From above you can see the
> outline of the ship, yet the ship itself is completely gone after not
> even 200 years.

Your a damn genius Gump! Put wood in sea water........ now who would
have ever thought it would dissolve like that? We can then assume of
course using your logic, wood to decay at twice the rate at 12,000
feet, in one of the most arid climates, on the face of the planet?
Did I get that right?

Tashi

Richard Yates

May 14, 2009, 12:18:47 AM5/14/09
dewach...@gmail.com wrote:
> On May 13, 1:08 pm, John LaCroix <John.L.LaCr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On May 13, 12:43 pm, dewachen1...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> I wonder why in all of the excavations of these Inca cultures they
>>> have found no evidence of such machinery, yet find pottery chard's,
>>> and necklaces. In the world of Archeology "A man sees what he wants
>>> to see, and disregards the rest" certainly is a fitting slogan.
>>
>> Wood and ropes generally doesn't last long. You can use wooden
>> rollers to move many tons of rock and yet after 1000 years all that
>> will remain is the pile of rocks.
>
> Thanks for clarifying that John, I knew all those Indian shops on
> Highway 66 in Arizona were selling fake petrified wood, and to think
> they find that stuff scattered all over the southwest here. Yea John,
> I would rather believe you..... that wood only last 1000 years, than
> those damn lying geologists..... bastards!

Very little wood becomes petrified. Most decays relatively quickly.

>> Here's another example. There is a wreck
>> of quarry ship from the 1840's sitting in 25' of water near a small
>> island that I have dove. Absolutely no wood whatsoever remains from
>> the ship. What does remain is a neat pile of granite blocks - each
>> approximately 5 ft square, neatly stacked. From above you can see the
>> outline of the ship, yet the ship itself is completely gone after not
>> even 200 years.
>
> Your a damn genius Gump! Put wood in sea water........ now who would
> have ever thought it would dissolve like that? We can then assume of
> course using your logic, wood to decay at twice the rate at 12,000
> feet, in one of the most arid climates, on the face of the planet?
> Did I get that right?

No, you did not get that right (but you do credit for asking). From
http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/prehistory/latinamerica/geography/inca.html

"Lake Titicaca is located in a fertile agricultural area and receives 50 cm
or more of rainfall each year."

You seem to have worked yourself into a corner in which you are defending
the proposition that there is no possible explanation for the artifacts
that you describe.

dewach...@gmail.com

May 14, 2009, 12:47:24 AM5/14/09
On May 13, 1:13 pm, Slogoin <la...@deack.net> wrote:
> On May 13, 10:17 am, dewachen1...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Right Larry, try and cast a horoscope with out the use of math.
>
> For you Astrology is math.

" Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure
you mine are still greater"
Albert Einstein

Of the two accounts given below the Greeks were way off by about
10,000 years, looks like the Indians got it right.

The discovery of precession of the Equinox is usually attributed to
Hipparchus of Rhodes or Nicaea, a Greek astronomer. Hipparchus
concluded that the equinoxes were moving ("precessing") through the
zodiac, and that the rate of precession was not less than 1° in a
century, ie, approximately a full cycle in 36000 years.

A twelfth century text by Bhāskar-II[5] says: "sampāt revolves
negatively 30000 times in a Kalpa of 4320 million years according to
Suryasiddhanta, while Munjāla and others say ayana moves forward
199669 in a Kalpa, and one should combine the two, before ascertaining
declension, ascensional difference, etc."[6] Lancelot Wilkinson
translated the last of these three verses in a too concise manner to
convey the full meaning, and skipped the portion combine the two which
the modern Hindi commentary has brought to the fore. According to the
Hindi commentary, the final value of period of precession should be
obtained by combining +199669 revolutions of ayana with -30000
revolutions of sampaat to get +169669 per Kalpa, i.e. one revolution
in 25461 years, which is near the modern value of 25771 years.

> > Right Larry, you Googled with your Google brain, and found ACNR to
> > be denser than diamonds by 0.3 per cent and also harder than it.
>
> Do some more googling. You missed something.

I have better things to do, like perfecting "Till the Cows Come
Home".

> > Oh you watched that film too........... Glad to see I had an
> > effect on you. BTW, he began to investigate the Mayan Glyphs at 13,
> > the accumulated knowledge from years of study bore fruit.
>
> You don't pay attention too well. He presented a paper but began much
> earlier.

Blah, blah, blah...........

> > > That is what amazed Claudio about the myths still surrounding Easter
> > > Island. Most humans just love myths too much to give them up.

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as
good as dead; his eyes are closed.
Albert Einstein

> Oh my, synchronicity at work... the history channel has Claudio on the
> Mega Movers show as I type.

Whoopie do.........

> > Is it because we are smart and brown people are stupid and believe in superstition?

> MT plays the race card! Next you'll call me a Nazi, right?

Would you enjoy that?

Tashi

Slogoin

May 14, 2009, 12:50:15 AM5/14/09
On May 13, 9:18 pm, "Richard Yates" <rich...@yatesguitar.com> wrote:

>  You seem to have worked yourself into a corner in which you are defending
> the proposition that there is no possible explanation for the artifacts
> that you describe.

You don't even need to go to the decay part of this, just look at
all that wood that survived at Easter Island, LOL!

Slogoin

May 14, 2009, 1:04:22 AM5/14/09
On May 13, 9:47 pm, dewachen1...@gmail.com wrote:

>   Of the two accounts given below the Greeks were way off by about
> 10,000 years, looks like the Indians got it right.

There is no evidence they even knew that the Earth revolved around the
sun let alone understood precession. You need to google the sites that
debunk the new age 2012 junk.

> > Do some more googling. You missed something.
>
>   I have better things to do,

Obviously you only have time to google new age mythology sites.

>     Blah, blah, blah...........

That about sums up your ability to to research.

>    He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as
> good as dead; his eyes are closed.
> Albert Einstein

Great quote! You should try it some time like Einstein did... not
your new age anti-science approach of stringing together all
conspiracies into a giant jumble of garbage.

> Whoopie do.........

Yes! It was fun to see a show that debunked all your claims about
megaliths.

> > MT plays the race card! Next you'll call me a Nazi, right?
>
>   Would you enjoy that?

As much as your new age bias that obscures the most interesting
things about other cultures.

dewach...@gmail.com

May 14, 2009, 1:17:41 AM5/14/09
On May 13, 10:18 pm, "Richard Yates" <rich...@yatesguitar.com> wrote:
> dewachen1...@gmail.com wrote:

> Very little wood becomes petrified. Most decays relatively quickly.

What rubbish! Coal comes from tress that haven't decayed, oil is
from trees.

New Zealand native Kauri trees (Agathis australis) that fell
thousands of years ago are known simply as Ancient Kauri. The trees
have been buried and preserved underground in swamps for more than
45,000 years.

Argentina - Considered to be one of the world's best petrified
reserves, the Petrified Forest National Monument in Chubut Province in
the Argentine Patagonia has many trees that measure more than 3 m (10
ft) in diameter and 30 m (100 ft) long. Compared to petrified trees in
the United States that measure less than 1.8 m (6 ft) in diameter, the
trees of the Central Steppes of Argentina are significantly larger.
Belgium - Geosite Goudberg near Hoegaarden.[2]
Brazil - In geopark of paleorrota, there is a vast area with petrified
trees.[3]
Canada - In the badlands of southern Alberta; petrified wood is the
provincial stone of Alberta. Axel Heiberg Island in Nunavut has among
the largest petrified forests in the world
Czech Republic, Nová Paka - The most famous locality on Permian-
Carboniferous rocks in the Czech Republic.
Germany - The museum of natural history in Chemnitz has a collection
of petrified trees found in the town in 1737.
Egypt petrified forest in Cairo-Suez road, declared a national
protectorate by the minstery of environment, also in the area of New
Cairo at the Extension of Nasr city, El Qattamiyya, near El Maadi
district, Al Farafra oasis[4], Al Fayoum depression and actually the
entire western desert[5].
Greece - Petrified Forest of Lesvos, at the western tip of the island
of Lesbos, is possibly the largest of the petrified forests, covering
an area of over 150 km² and declared a National Monument in 1985.
Large, upright trunks complete with root systems can be found, as well
as trunks up to 22 m in length.
Libya - Great Sand Sea - Hundreds of square miles of petrified trunks,
branches and other debris mixed with Stone Age artifacts.
United States - Some of the better known petrified wood sites include:
Petrified Wood Park in Lemmon, South Dakota.
Ginkgo/Wanapum State Park in Washington State.
Grotto of the Redemption, a private park in Iowa.
Petrified Forest National Park in Arizona.
Petrified Forest (California) in California.
Mississippi Petrified Forest in Flora, Mississippi.
Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument near Florissant, Colorado.
Australia - Has vast deposits of petrified and opalised wood.
India- A geological site famous for its petrified woods Thiruvakkarai
Village in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The site is protected by the
Geological Survey of India. Petrified woods covers a large area in
this site.
New Zealand - Curio Bay on the Catlins coast contains many petrified
wood examples.

> No, you did not get that right (but you do credit for asking). Fromhttp://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/prehistory/latinamerica/geography/inca.html

> "Lake Titicaca is located in a fertile agricultural area and receives 50 cm
> or more of rainfall each year."

Yes, I know.

Well Richard, it looks like you need a course in reading
comprehension skills as well as your friends. Did I mention any
particular location when I said 12,000 feet, and one of the most arid
climates on the planet? I was using an example of the opposite of the
ocean floor.

>  You seem to have worked yourself into a corner in which you are defending
> the proposition that there is no possible explanation for the artifacts
> that you describe.

You need to quit reading what Larry thinks I said and what I
actually said. I've stated, I don't believe in UFO's, which really
pisses Larry off, and I've never said Puma Punku was made by
miraculous powers, I've simply and plainly stated I relive based on
other peoples research that they have an earlier construction date
than orthodox science claims.

Tashi

It is loading more messages.