Ringo on Oz tv tonite

na

Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
said something really great.(60 minutes interview)

He was being asked the "How was is with the Beatles " and "What do you make
of it now, how do view those days?" type stuff.

To which he quipped in that classic beatles voice:

"oh you know, thats how it was...

so that's how it is."

Then he quickly smiled at hisown observation and said "and let it be so
written"

he's still got it....:)

p.s. i hope this is not his 'standard tv response" for that
question....'cos i thought it was kinda cool

na

--
they say "the truth will set you free"
but first its gonna piss you off!

here's my fairly crappy home page
http://www.accsoft.com.au/~na
n.b. insult section coming soon

David Wren

Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
Yeah... but what real answers could Ringo give to the stupid questions he
was being asked ? ... I wish 60 Minutes (australia) would give the
interviews to reporters who actually know a bit about Ringo's music or know
how to ask a half decent question...

Mind you RS looked damn fit and the footage from the recording of Verticle
Man was pretty good...

na

Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
agreed
i hate 60 minutes. it sucks so hard it breaks all the windows at my place.
it really is the pits.
but yeah, it was great to see ringo so well and obviously pumping.
ringo was obviously stoked to have paul playing in the studio with a camera
going....he really was chuffed.
and oh yeah, can america please take back 60 minutes...?
...:)
na

bearman

Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
What show was this? Is Ringo in Australia or is this an old US show? When
shown in US/Australia?
What network (i,e. are we likely to see it in Europe - if CNN NBC etc then
we might)

Smile Away :o)
Bearman

na

Oct 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/19/98
no man it was on the Aussie 60 minutes(bleccccch!)

i think ringo wa either in europe or the states. i dunno

it was just a typical feel good piece and not worthy chasing up, but he is a
funny bugger!