OT: Black Adder

Raja, The Great

Dec 26, 2010, 11:29:15 PM12/26/10
What do you think of this series? I have been watching this over the
weekend and laughing my ass off. I haven seen Series 1, 2 and 3. Will
see series 4 in the next couple of days.

I liked Series 1 very much. Rowan Atkinson is a brilliant comedian, no
doubt about it.

billy

Dec 27, 2010, 8:08:41 AM12/27/10

So you "haven" seen any of it yet but you like it? typical raja.

Jim Beam

Dec 27, 2010, 1:51:41 PM12/27/10

Wonder if he ever read a book without pictures in it?

Raja, The Great

Dec 27, 2010, 2:00:04 PM12/27/10

really? is this called for? I am not even discussing music here. Do
you like being a jackass?

Jim Beam

Dec 27, 2010, 2:05:57 PM12/27/10

Why do you talk about yourself like that?

The Home Guard

Dec 27, 2010, 4:57:06 PM12/27/10
Raja, The Great wrote:
> What do you think of this series? I have been watching this over the
> weekend and laughing my ass off. I haven seen Series 1, 2 and 3. Will
> see series 4 in the next couple of days.

I'm a fan, as it happens. Series four transcends the typical sitcom and
becomes something very powerful indeed. You'll know what I mean when
you've watched it.

> I liked Series 1 very much.

Funnily enough, I'd say it's the weakest of all the series.

By the way, make sure you don't miss the three non-series specials (The
Cavalier Years, A Christmas Carol and Back and Forth) - all hilarious.

--
My band: feedback always welcome
- http://thehomeguard.bandcamp.com

brilton

Dec 27, 2010, 7:24:09 PM12/27/10

What can I say here? Welcome to the 1980s.

And series 1 is definitely the weakest.

billy

Dec 28, 2010, 1:45:20 PM12/28/10

everytime you touch your keyboard, insults are called for! everything
you say,do and type is utter bullshit and requires hatred from all,
which is what you get.

Raja, The Great

Dec 28, 2010, 2:28:59 PM12/28/10

If you ay so. I think it is the funniest primarily because there is
no political motive there and it is laugh out funny. The focus is on
Black Adder and how at the same time how is both foolish and cunning .
In the latter series he is more of a prick surrounded by baffoons. And
I did not like Hugh Laurier. He is too over the top for the rest.

brilton

Dec 28, 2010, 7:16:20 PM12/28/10

Yes, I "ay" so. (What are you today, a pirate or something?)

The Black Adder character in season one is just basically Mr Bean with a
pudding bowl haircut. The character as seen in the subsequent series is
the definitive version which people remember - guile and cynicism as
opposed to bumbling vanity.

I can understand why you don't like the later series, as they are full
of sharply written plots that draw on the historical events of the
periods they are set in - no doubt most of that just flies over your head.

And it's Hugh Laurie, not Hugh Laurier.

Raja, The Great

Dec 28, 2010, 8:52:19 PM12/28/10
On Dec 28, 6:16 pm, brilton <notl...@yacht.net> wrote:
> On 29/12/10 3:28 AM, Raja, The Great wrote:

> >> What can I say here? Welcome to the 1980s.
>
> >> And series 1 is definitely the weakest.
>
> > If you  ay so. I think it is the funniest primarily because there is
> > no political motive there and it is laugh out funny. The focus is on
> > Black Adder and how at the same time how is both foolish and cunning .
> > In the latter series he is more of a prick surrounded by baffoons. And
> > I did not like Hugh Laurier. He is too over the top for the rest.
>
> Yes, I "ay" so. (What are you today, a pirate or something?)

LOL

> The Black Adder character in season one is just basically Mr Bean with a
> pudding bowl haircut. The character as seen in the subsequent series is
> the definitive version which people remember - guile and cynicism as
> opposed to bumbling vanity.

I liked him as a bumbling fool better. Wasnt he cunning and cynical in
Series 1 too? I think his character in Series 1 had delusions of
grandeur which was quite funny. The latter ones are more loser type.

> I can understand why you don't like the later series, as they are full
> of sharply written plots that draw on the historical events of the

Which I dont care about.

> periods they are set in - no doubt most of that just flies over your head.

Once again you have try to prove that you are so fucking intelligent.
Piss off, mate. Different people like different sort of comedies. I
happen to like the ones in which the lead character is an idiot. You
like smart witty comedies. To Each his own. You don't have to be an
intellectual to appreciate comedies.

> And it's Hugh Laurie, not Hugh Laurier.

Yeah it was a typo. But I don't like that guy.

brilton

Dec 28, 2010, 9:51:51 PM12/28/10

Because of your lack of education, no doubt.

>> periods they are set in - no doubt most of that just flies over your head.
>
> Once again you have try to prove that you are so fucking intelligent.

I don't have to try. Conversely, you prove the opposite every time your
fingers touch a computer keyboard.

> Piss off, mate. Different people like different sort of comedies. I
> happen to like the ones in which the lead character is an idiot. You
> like smart witty comedies. To Each his own.

What a pity this magnanimous "to each his own" attitude doesn't extend
to people who don't share your opinions about music.

You don't have to be an
> intellectual to appreciate comedies.

Sure. Nothing wrong with slapstick.