Military Model Preview (MMP)

P. Houseknecht

Dec 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/23/97

OK,
big, silly question. Does MMP still exist? Do they still publish
magazines?
Have they published anything past issue 4.01?

If they still are around, why can't they answer E-mails?

OK...4 big silly questions, but I am curious, I may still have a little
money riding on this.

Thanx,
Phil 'HK'

KMartin512

Dec 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/24/97

>Subject: Military Model Preview (MMP)
>From: "P. Houseknecht" <hous...@earthlink.net>
>Date: Tue, Dec 23, 1997 20:25 EST

No! No! No! Too long ago to remember!
Kevin

P. Houseknecht

Dec 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/24/97

KMartin512 wrote in message
<19971224035...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

>>Subject: Military Model Preview (MMP)

No! No! No! Too long ago to remember!
>Kevin

Obviously, your rapier wit is only exceeded by your ignorance of a
practical answer. Have a good Christmas, and the good taste not to answer
sincere questions with meaningless tripe.

HK sends

jla...@surfsouth.com

Dec 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/25/97

In article <67poa9$d...@bolivia.earthlink.net>,

"P. Houseknecht" <hous...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> OK,
> big, silly question. Does MMP still exist? Do they still publish
> magazines?

Hi, Phil You're not alone in wondering what's going on. One person who
posted here about 1 to 2 months ago mentioned that he'd been in contact
with the editor, who said he'd been "having difficulties" (unspecified as
to what...). But he (the editor) isn't answering _anyone's_ e-mails, I
sent him two last month and received no reply in return.

> Have they published anything past issue 4.01?

No. And that was quite a ways back (summer?).

I think my sub was to have run out with 4.02 or 4.03. Considering the
situation, I may be fortunate. I'd like to continue subscribing, the
magazine's been useful to me at times - but considering the lack of
output and Mr. Rasnick's silence, I'm not optimistic. I do wish he'd let
us know what's going on with our subscriptions.

Semper Fi, John

> If they still are around, why can't they answer E-mails?
>
> OK...4 big silly questions, but I am curious, I may still have a little
> money riding on this.
>
> Thanx,
> Phil 'HK'

Richard Klug

Dec 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/26/97

Does MMP still exist? Do they still publish
> > magazines?
>
> Hi, Phil You're not alone in wondering what's going on. One person who
> posted here about 1 to 2 months ago mentioned that he'd been in contact
> with the editor, who said he'd been "having difficulties" (unspecified as
> to what...). But he (the editor) isn't answering _anyone's_ e-mails, I
> sent him two last month and received no reply in return.
>
> > Have they published anything past issue 4.01?
>
> No. And that was quite a ways back (summer?).
>
> I think my sub was to have run out with 4.02 or 4.03. Considering the
> situation, I may be fortunate. I'd like to continue subscribing, the
> magazine's been useful to me at times - but considering the lack of
> output and Mr. Rasnick's silence, I'm not optimistic. I do wish he'd let
> us know what's going on with our subscriptions.
>
> Semper Fi, John.
.
I spoke with the owner of our local hobby shop about MMP's erratic publishing
schedule. He pretty much echoed your comments. He used to buy his copies
directly from the publisher, but never knew more than a couple of days in
advance when each issue would be shipped. He said that, after making
repeated requests for new issues, he'd suddenly get a call to "Send me a
check for $-.00 and I'll ship you (#)of Issue -- on (date)". Usually the
issues would show up about five days after the check cleared.

My experience has been that whenever a small businessman avoids and
frustrates the very people on whom he depends for survival that it's a good
bet he's going (gone) belly-up. I only subscribe to magazines with a
reliable publishing schedule; I buy the others directly at hobby shops,
newstands or model shows as back issues. Haven't been burned yet.