Kicking Charles Bronson's ass

Takin & Kanoknuan

Jul 23, 2008, 7:51:26 PM7/23/08

"kom...@seatraveler.com" <Kombat...@gmail.com> wrote in message >

> "I" never said
> that I fought with Charles Bronson.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Steve Kramer
May 30 2000, 8:00 am
Newsgroups: rec.scuba
From: Steve Kramer <steve...@osb.att.ne.jp>
Date: 2000/05/30
Subject: Re: My voice and opinions are mine.

Rich Lesperance wrote:

> Steve Kramer <steve...@osb.att.ne.jp> wrote

> Of course there are the
> > assholes who you do not WANT in your store or business. I've thrown out
> > a couple myself (including Charles Bronson. You wanna talk about a
> > 'real' asshole?)

> You tossed Charles Bronson out of your store? C'mon, there's gotta be a
> good
> story to share, here!

Classic! But first, let me preface it by saying that I truly admire
Charles Bronson as an actor, but as a person, I want nothing what so
ever to do with him. Perhaps it's the same that I may feel about some of
the divers here... Great dive skills and knowledge, but it takes more
than that.

When Bronson first moved to Vermont, I was working in a sporting goods
store. He came in and wanted to buy a 'resident' hunting license. I
refused to sell him one because he hadn't been a resident long enough to
qualify, (6 months needed) and didn't have the required ID (a Vermont
State ID or Driver's License.) I offered to sell him a 'non-resident'
license but he refused. That license was much more expensive, of course,
and as he had just purchased his Vermont home that month, (it was in all
the newspapers,) 'he felt' that he was entitled to resident status.

He went to another shop, bought a resident license, got nabbed by Fish
and Game (who in Vermont, check the registers often,) to the tune of
$5000 and loss of license. He blamed me for turning him in, (he was
simply too stupid to realize that someone of his fame can't NOT get away
with anything in a small 'town' like Vermont!) came back to my store and
started a fist fight, not just a shouting match.

Bronson was a scrappy son of a gun, but small, standing about 5'5" or
so, and powerfully built. But in those days I was about 24 years old,
teaching Kung-fu every night and fighting in tournaments on weekends. I
stopped his attack, and delivered him out to the sidewalk. He came back
the next day and started again. I put him outside again, telling him
that if he tried again, I would call the police and have him charged
with assault. He never returned to that store.

A year later I was hired away by another shop to manage the camping,
scuba, and mountaineering side of their business. Bronson came in with
some friends, recognized me and started mouthing off (only) again. I
ignored it. Then he demanded to be shown a spear gun, telling his
friends that they would use it to spear trout in the river behind his
house for dinner that night. I refused to sell him one, as spear fishing
for trout is illegal in Vermont. He got huffy, and demanded to see the
owner. I brought out the owner, who at first was delighted to have such
a star in his shop, but quickly changed his tune after listening to the
man. Bronson 'insisted' that I be fired on the spot. The owner turned to
me and said "OK, your fired. But first throw this idiot out of my store!
Then go get us some lunch. I'm hungry." I did both. Neither Bronson, nor
his friends, ever returned to that shop. I continued to work there until
I began my own business two years later.

Steve Kramer
Osaka, Japan
One year, nine months, one week, two days, 1 hour, 58 minutes and 17
seconds. 19442 cigarettes not smoked, saving $3,402.43. Time used for a
better purpose: 9 weeks, 4 days, 12 hours, 10 minutes.

--
I wish to live my life deliberately, to front the essential facts
of life; to suck the very marrow of life and see if I can learn what it

**Go on Steve, deny again that it was YOU who made the post. :-)

nurk_f...@yahoo.com

Jul 23, 2008, 9:57:10 PM7/23/08
On Jul 23, 4:51 pm, "Takin & Kanoknuan" <takin&kanokn...@stuck-in-a-
wheelchair.org> wrote:
> "kom...@seatraveler.com" <KombatKram...@gmail.com> wrote in message >

> > "I" never said
> > that I fought with Charles Bronson.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­----------Steve Kramer
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­----------

> **Go on Steve, deny again that it was YOU who made the post.  :-)

***This TALL TALE will go down in the annals of UseNet history as one
of the all time classics ever!...More Klassic Krap from Kombat Kravens!

BenchMade

Jul 24, 2008, 5:32:45 AM7/24/08
On Jul 23, 7:51 pm, "Takin & Kanoknuan" <takin&kanokn...@stuck-in-a-
wheelchair.org> wrote:
> "kom...@seatraveler.com" <KombatKram...@gmail.com> wrote in message >

> > "I" never said
> > that I fought with Charles Bronson.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­----------Steve Kramer
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­----------

> **Go on Steve, deny again that it was YOU who made the post.  :-)

Oh my lord....lol....that was 'almost' too much. I will leave it at
that. Unbelievable. Literally. :-(

SteveK...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2008, 7:36:52 AM7/24/08

Read it again and see if YOU can see where I said I 'kicked his ass'
as the trolls keep insisting I said. It just isn't there. I didn't
have to fight with him. I just had to put him out of the store. No
drama. Yet the trolls keep insisting that I said that I kicked his
ass. Then they post exactly what I wrote, which says NOTHING about
fighting, and use that as proof that I 'kicked his ass?' Hello? But
remember this.... you came to rec.knives because it was supposed to be
a knife news group. But all the trolls have left you with is their
posts about me. Is that what you really want? That's what you get
now. 40-50 posts by the trolls about me, and one (with luck) about
knives. Enjoy the group. :o)

Steve Kramer
Chiang Mai, Thailand
http://www.photoenvisions.com

Cheesy Bob

Jul 24, 2008, 8:23:19 AM7/24/08
On Jul 24, 6:36 pm, "st...@seatraveler.com" <SteveKram...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Chiang Mai, Thailandhttp://www.photoenvisions.com- Hide quoted text -

Say Hey Stevie:

Rest assured son, we're enjoying you. See where you had your cell
phone disconnected. How's it feel to be back in J-pan, asshole to
belly button?

5555 Yee-Haw !!

nurk_f...@yahoo.com

Jul 24, 2008, 12:18:20 PM7/24/08
> > Chiang Mai, Thailandhttp://www.photoenvisions.com-Hide quoted text -

> Say Hey Stevie:
>
> Rest assured son, we're enjoying you. See where you had your cell
> phone disconnected. How's it feel to be back in J-pan, asshole to
> belly button?
>
> 5555 Yee-Haw !!- Hide quoted text -

***Kombat is NOW imho almost legendary on UseNet...When Kombat buys
the farm "The Legend of Kombat" will live on...Its Classic Krap but
who gives a sh^t...Its priceless, I love it where Kombat says he never
kicked Bronson's @$$ but intimates it with his story about Kung Fu,
fighting in tournaments, and Bronson starting a fist fight...Kombat
"delivered him outside"...Hmmmm, OK...Well I don't think anyone even
cares if Kombat threw a punch at this point...Its just become a
timeless classic...

Lachlan - Grand Exalted Most High King and Emperor of All the Universe

Jul 24, 2008, 3:00:57 PM7/24/08

"st...@seatraveler.com" <SteveK...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Is that guy a trool too?
Another one for the bin, I think.

Takin & Kanoknuan

Jul 24, 2008, 6:17:35 PM7/24/08

**Hello??? Hello Steve! :o)

You might not have used the phrase "kicked his ass" but you did claim to
have "put him out of the store" and to have "delivered him out to the
sidewalk" and you also claim to have 'thrown out that asshole Bronson'. The
way YOU tell it is that you kicked his ass.

In your post to rec.scuba you also said that "[Bronson] came back to my
store and started a fist fight" and yet you are now saying that you never
fought with him! So did you or didn't you? No need to answer that one Steve,
because we know that you've never met him. The whole story is a crock, but
thanks again for giving me another opportunity to repost it. :-)

> But
> remember this.... you came to rec.knives because it was supposed to be
> a knife news group. But all the trolls have left you with is their
> posts about me. Is that what you really want? That's what you get
> now. 40-50 posts by the trolls about me, and one (with luck) about
> knives. Enjoy the group. :o)
>

> Steve Kombat Kramer
> Chiang Mai, Thailand

nurk_f...@yahoo.com

Jul 24, 2008, 6:49:20 PM7/24/08
On Jul 24, 3:17 pm, "Takin & Kanoknuan" <takin&kanokn...@stuck-in-a-
> > Chiang Mai, Thailand- Hide quoted text -

****aand hopefully repost it, and repost it, and rep...well we
understand...Its a PLEASURE to read and never gets old...Kombat ought
to start a Fan Club, print up the story, frame it, and SELL
IT!...PRICELESS BS from the Konstable himself!!!...To borrow a line
from Cheesy Bob...55555 Yeee-Haaaaw

Good soldier

Jul 24, 2008, 7:45:20 PM7/24/08
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 20:00:57 +0100, "Lachlan - Grand Exalted Most High
King and Emperor of All the Universe" <hamfish@(nospam)gmail.com>
wrote:

You are correct Steve, we came to rec.knives to talk about knives just
as you came to rec.scuba to talk about diving.

But that didn't prevent you from posting the now famous "Bronson
Story" did it?

So, since you posted most outrageously when you thought it boosted
your image don't complain when someone else posts for the opposite
reason.

Buffoon - A person who amuses others by ridiculous behavior.

Cheers,

schweik
(Correct Address is goodsoldierschweikatgmaildotcom)

Cheesy Bob

Jul 24, 2008, 8:55:22 PM7/24/08
wrote:
> Chiang Mai, Thailandhttp://www.photoenvisions.com- Hide quoted text -

Say Hey Stevie:

Don't let the trolls shit all over you. Open your mouth! If you know
what I mean!

5555 Yee-Haw !!