Flim-Flam vs the Hurricane?

J. Del Col

Aug 27, 2004, 11:56:35 AM8/27/04
Any news on whether Dave Phillips was affected by Charley?

J. Del Col

Win a Fulton Armory "Liberator" AR-15 prize package in post-sunset
tactical configuration in the MPFO Rifle Raffle. Help the Cause at
the same time! Get all the details at http://www.myguns.net
Learn about rec.guns at http://www.recguns.com

Jim Yanik

Aug 27, 2004, 8:56:31 PM8/27/04
delc...@mail.ab.edu (J. Del Col) wrote in

# Any news on whether Dave Phillips was affected by Charley?
#
# J. Del Col

I believe he's over in Tampa,which Charley missed.
I live just north of Orlando,and lost power for 7 days,and there was great
tree damage and loss all around here.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

BTMO

Aug 27, 2004, 8:57:26 PM8/27/04

"J. Del Col" <> wrote

# Any news on whether Dave Phillips was affected by Charley?
#
# J. Del Col

Haven't heard anything - I tried to email him a week or so ago. Last email I
got from him he mentioned he would be out of town for a while, but I haven't
heard anything since!

Brenton

Nick Hull

Aug 27, 2004, 8:57:27 PM8/27/04
In article <cgnljj$obq$1...@grapevine.wam.umd.edu>,

delc...@mail.ab.edu (J. Del Col) wrote:

# Any news on whether Dave Phillips was affected by Charley?
#
# J. Del Col

What calibre do you use on a hurricane?

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

Paul W. Ross

Aug 28, 2004, 7:32:49 AM8/28/04
I heard from him a few days ago. NO problems -- storm was quite some
distance to the south of him...

David Steuber

Aug 28, 2004, 7:33:02 AM8/28/04
Nick Hull <nh...@access4less.net> writes:

# In article <cgnljj$obq$1...@grapevine.wam.umd.edu>,

# delc...@mail.ab.edu (J. Del Col) wrote:
#

# # Any news on whether Dave Phillips was affected by Charley?
#
# What calibre do you use on a hurricane?

757 Jet from Boeing.

Everyone from Ft Myers to Daytona Beach saw something from that little
storm. I have some friends down there who were without power and
telco for days. The Tampa Bay area got off quite light.

--
An ideal world is left as an excercise to the reader.
--- Paul Graham, On Lisp 8.1

Russ Frazier

Aug 28, 2004, 4:27:14 PM8/28/04
Real men like Flim Flam use Samurai swords, don't they?
"Nick Hull" <nh...@access4less.net> wrote in message

J. Del Col

Aug 28, 2004, 4:27:21 PM8/28/04
Jim Yanik <jya...@kua.net> wrote in message news:<cgol7v$94k$1...@grapevine.wam.umd.edu>...
# delc...@mail.ab.edu (J. Del Col) wrote in
# news:cgnljj$obq$1...@grapevine.wam.umd.edu:
#
# # Any news on whether Dave Phillips was affected by Charley?

# #
# # J. Del Col
#
# I believe he's over in Tampa,which Charley missed.
# I live just north of Orlando,and lost power for 7 days,and there was great
# tree damage and loss all around here.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with the big wind.

My mom lives in Jacksonville. All they got was some heavy rain and
high surf for awhile.

J. Del Col

Thomas Reynolds

Aug 28, 2004, 9:03:55 PM8/28/04
I don't think he has ever used a sword. Rather he was run through by one
which almost killed him. Perhaps real men get run through by a sword and
live.

Nick Hull

Aug 29, 2004, 7:37:54 AM8/29/04
In article <cgqpr2$7je$1...@grapevine.wam.umd.edu>,
"Russ Frazier" <rfr...@earthlink.net> wrote:

# Real men like Flim Flam use Samurai swords, don't they?

That will certainly cut the wind.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

Spike43

Aug 29, 2004, 9:26:52 PM8/29/04
#Any news on whether Dave Phillips was affected by Charley?
#
#J. Del Col

I was in Crystal River/Homosassa durring the storm, (which turned out to be
untouched when Charley took that unexpected hard right turn), saw his old
business on 19 was closed.

Thomas Reynolds

Aug 30, 2004, 5:51:54 PM8/30/04
Out of business closed or boarded up for the storm closed?

Paul W. Ross

Aug 30, 2004, 5:52:12 PM8/30/04
He has closed the business and gone back to driving a truck.

Alan Petrillo

Sep 3, 2004, 9:26:50 AM9/3/04
Russ Frazier wrote:

# Real men like Flim Flam use Samurai swords, don't they?
# "Nick Hull" <nh...@access4less.net> wrote in message
# news:cgol9n$960$1...@grapevine.wam.umd.edu...

Nah. Fairburn-Sykes Commando daggers.

AP

Herb Leong

Sep 3, 2004, 9:26:58 AM9/3/04
In article <cgqpr2$7je$1...@grapevine.wam.umd.edu>,
Russ Frazier <rfr...@earthlink.net> wrote:
#Real men like Flim Flam use Samurai swords, don't they?

Actualy he used a Beretta-full of .25ACP rounds on the ninja's
head.

He has been driving a truck on day runs to GA lately and his
email/news access is spoty.

/herb
--
Operation AC, a non-profit Delaware company operating on donations only,
is sending ac units, ice makers, Gatoraide, Altama boots, socks, and

JTWard01

Sep 5, 2004, 7:32:34 AM9/5/04
Charley missed Dave's area completely, but Frances is on track to pass right
through his area when it moves from the land out onto the Gulf of Mexico on
Monday. I'm east of Tampa and we're already getting squall lines (2 a.m.
Sunday morning). I've got a Springer 1911A1 cocked and locked to protect
hearth and home from looters after the storm passes. This is the first time
since I started shooting again about five years ago that my wife has said she's
glad I have a gun.

John Ward
Brandon, Florida
USA