Still need ZELDA I help

USENET News System

Mar 22, 1989, 11:00:49 AM3/22/89
From: wo...@handel.mpr.ca (Brian Wood)

HELLO! HELLO! Anybody there? This is a test. If you are not there do not
respond. If you are there please respond - to the following last-week-
still-needed-this-week-plea-for assistance.

In article <15...@eric.mpr.ca> wo...@handel.UUCP (Brian Wood) writes:
>My 7 and 9 year olds have been stuck at level 5 for a couple of weeks.
>They have the power bracelet, book of incantations, raft and ladder but
>this does not seem to be enough. They cannot get past the blue characters
>in the bottom left room guarding the stairs.
>
>Could somebody give me some hints? Thanks.

Brian

Dan Martinelli

Mar 24, 1989, 11:13:35 AM3/24/89
A strategy that I used to get through those purple guys was to first bomb the
east wall of the room they are in. Next be sure that you have all your hearts
and the red bottle of the regenerating potion so that you can shoot/throw your
sword. Next put link in the door way that you
have just created with your bomb. When the chance presents itself, have link
go into the room and throw his sword, when the purple guys approach link, go
back into the doorway (however, be sure that you do not go all the way into the
next room.) It usually takes a while to kill every one in the room as each of
these purple guys will take 4 hits with the sword before he dies.

Also, bombs are pretty effective on these guys, but 8 bombs is usually not enough
to kill all of the purple guys in the room. I hope this helps.

Dan Martinelli