Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

ehla...@lrc.edu

ungelesen,
18.01.1994, 16:25:5418.01.94
an
Does anyone know why Starfox is called Starwing in Great Britain? It seems
that all the other Nintendo titles are the same as in the USA.

Kurt Ehland
ehla...@mike.lrc.edu

Jorge Granado

ungelesen,
19.01.1994, 11:26:5419.01.94
an
ehla...@lrc.edu wrote:
: Does anyone know why Starfox is called Starwing in Great Britain? It seems

: that all the other Nintendo titles are the same as in the USA.

: Kurt Ehland
: ehla...@mike.lrc.edu

No idea. In Spain it's called Starwing too!

=== ____ === Jorge Granado Hernandez
=== / / / ___ ___ _/_ === jo...@Spain.EU.net
=== /---- / / / / /___/ / === Postm...@Spain.EU.net
=== /____ /___/ / / /___ / ===
===== ===== tel: +34 1 413 4856
===== Connecting Europe since 1982 ===== fax: +34 1 413 4901

c/o: Goya Servicios Telematicos, S.A.
C/ Clara del Rey 8, 1-7.
E-28002 Madrid, Spain

Joe Czagas

ungelesen,
19.01.1994, 11:23:5819.01.94
an
In article <1994Jan18....@lrc.edu> ehla...@lrc.edu writes:
>Does anyone know why Starfox is called Starwing in Great Britain? It seems
>that all the other Nintendo titles are the same as in the USA.

Apparently there is a German company called "StarVox". Nintendo, with
their surfeit of lawyers, decided to rename the game for the U.K. and
European markets.

Starfox - Asia and U.S.

Starwing - Europe and U.K.

J.A.C.

Dylan Cuthbert

ungelesen,
20.01.1994, 06:13:4520.01.94
an

Aha.. well it was because there is a company in Germany called Star-Vox
which to the Germans sounds very much like Starfox (they had already
started advertising as Starfox in Japan and America) so because Nintendo
wanted the name to be the same throughout Europe they changed it to
Starwing.

To be really pedantic, the American version and the Japanese version of
the name had a slight difference too... a space had to be inserted ('Star
fox') for the American market, or was it the other way around...
(scratches his head trying to remember)... also for copyright reasons.

Dylan Cuthbert
d...@cix.compulink.co.uk
d...@bix.com
dy...@argonaut.com

Robert E. Gerard

ungelesen,
24.01.1994, 03:58:2324.01.94
an
Okay, the original post asked why Star Fox was renamed StarWing in U.K.
Some said that the reason is because of a German company named StarVox.

But I heard that the reason is because StarFox is the name of a Computer
Game (a sequel to ArcticFox) that was not released in the US, and so UK
would have copyright troubles with the name...

Robert
eau...@rigel.oac.uci.edu

Dylan Cuthbert

ungelesen,
25.01.1994, 07:19:0425.01.94
an

Nope, the company that released 'starfox' the computer game said it was
ok to use the name. The main copyright conflict was the German company
'starvox'. Straight from the horse's mouth so to speak. I am one of the
programmers of Starfox.

We did originally think the conflict between the old computer game
'starfox' would be a much bigger problem than it was, but it turned out
ok.

Dyl

Joe Czagas

ungelesen,
26.01.1994, 09:02:2926.01.94
an
In article <CK6q7...@cix.compulink.co.uk> d...@cix.compulink.co.uk ("Dylan Cuthbert") writes:

< Misc. deleted. >

>I am one of the programmers of Starfox.

Since you are here: :)

Thanks for the great game. Would you care to make public any information
on the sequel (planned release date, cart size, number of players, &c.)?
Many thanks.

J.A.C.

Dylan Cuthbert

ungelesen,
26.01.1994, 13:14:1426.01.94
an

Its not my place to give you any release dates but I can echo what has
already been printed in magazines; Starfox 2 will be two players in a
free-roaming map (unlike Starfox which was all in one direction).

Dyl

Robert E. Gerard

ungelesen,
01.02.1994, 03:47:3001.02.94
an
StarFox 2, to be free roaming and two-player...
If these are true, I do hope it's two-player Alternating.
Split screen always plays badly, in my opinion.
(That was one of the nice things about Contra III: it gave you a choice)

Robert
eau...@rigel.oac.uci.edu

I loved the music from the first game. Every game should have a sound test,
but the really good ones (like Final Fantasy II) don't...

0 neue Nachrichten