JAGUAR RELEASES BY END OF 1994 (ALL 25)

Predator

Jul 11, 1994, 9:02:45 PM7/11/94

1994 JaGuAR TiTles
****[ as of o9/o7 ]****

Since it is getting close enough to the end of the year, Atari has
given a pretty good indication of all that will be available come
31st December. I just thought I'd post a list all together, to make
it clear where many Jaguar games stand at the present time.

I'm posting this anonymous 'cause I can't be bothered getting
pestered constantly if it is wrong -- call me wimp, but I don't care
in the slightest *:)

Available:

Raiden
Cybermorph
Dino Dudes
Trevor McFurr (ikk!)
Wolfenstein
Tempest 2000

Coming by end 1994:

Doom - late July
Brutal Sports FB - late July
Double Dragon 5 - August
Flashback - August
Kick Off 3 - August
Soccer Kid - August
Zzyorxx 2 - December
Troy Aikman NFL - September
Alien vs Predator - September (definite)
Tiny Toons - September
Ultra Vortex - September
Indiana Jag - about September
Club Drive - about October
Checkered Flag - about October
Kasumi Ninja - about October
Ray Man - November
Iron Soldier - November
Horror Scope - December
Star Raiders 2000 - December

* oh yeah - those with an "about" means basically an estimate

Total by end of 1994: 25 (look ma, Atari says 25 too! :) )

Not bad for Jaguar owners, considering that only 2 of the titles I have
seen are actually _bad_ ones. While many don't have 24/16 bit graphics,
or 16 bit sound, which some seem to think that every Jaguar game _must_
have, they are all at least playable for the majority of players.

RiP at WiLL!

To find out more about the anon service, send mail to he...@anon.penet.fi.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to ad...@anon.penet.fi.

Glenn M. Saunders

Jul 11, 1994, 10:30:17 PM7/11/94
Predator (an10...@anon.penet.fi) wrote:
: Star Raiders 2000 - December

we've still had much too little info on this one 3-D spacewar has NOTHING
to do with SR.

Grover Thomas

Jul 11, 1994, 10:49:33 PM7/11/94
In article <010325Z...@anon.penet.fi>,

Predator <an10...@anon.penet.fi> wrote:

>Coming by end 1994:
>Doom - late July
.
.

>Alien vs Predator - September (definite)

Since DOOM is coming out earlier, I get the feeling that
the long-ballyhooed "Alien vs. Predator" will suddenly be worthless.

--
__ __
(__) Grover Thomas InterNet: gro...@emunix.emich.edu (__)

Rob Cupples

Jul 11, 1994, 11:47:33 PM7/11/94
In article <010325Z...@anon.penet.fi>,
Predator <an10...@anon.penet.fi> wrote:
>Doom - late July

Huh? Has Doom even been to Atari's debugging sessions yet?
--
Rob Cupples
cup...@iastate.edu

".sig currently under reconstruction"

Kujawa, Kraig J.

Jul 12, 1994, 2:48:00 AM7/12/94
[snip,snip]

>Coming by end 1994:
>
>Doom - late July

No way.

>Brutal Sports FB - late July
>Double Dragon 5 - August
>Flashback - August
>Kick Off 3 - August
>Soccer Kid - August
>Zzyorxx 2 - December
>Troy Aikman NFL - September

Judging from what was at the CES, this is unrealistic too.

-Kraig

pet...@meena.cc.uregina.ca

Jul 12, 1994, 6:33:16 AM7/12/94

There's more than that:

Theme Park
SYNDICATE
Zool 2
Battlewheels
Dragon
Demolition Man
CD games?: Blue Lightning, Battlemorph, Freelancer

Brook

Justin Beech

Jul 12, 1994, 4:59:47 AM7/12/94
Predator (an10...@anon.penet.fi) wrote:
:
: 1994 JaGuAR TiTles

: ****[ as of o9/o7 ]****
:
: Doom - late July

Hey, what do I know except what I read in netnews, but I remember reading
a kind of "ID News Update" from ID a few days ago that said specifically
they had no idea of the the release date for Doom, they were still working
some problems out, and couldn't promise anything. Somebody should post
it here because it was interesting for other reasons also.

So, to me, it sounded more like Autumn 1994 for Doom, not July, esp. since
they have got their hands full with Doom 1.5 and Doom II.
They also said the Linux port is coming along well (some sound problems),
and they had an SGI port completed.

--
Justin
jus...@lehman.com

Kevin Haley

Jul 12, 1994, 12:04:46 PM7/12/94
st...@rosie.uh.edu (Kujawa, Kraig J.) writes:

>>Coming by end 1994:
>>
>>Doom - late July

>No way.

Yes, Kraig's right on this one. They don't even have the monsters in it
yet, and they have a lock-up glitch to fix. There's no way it will be out
in about two weeks.

I wouldn't expect Doom until December.

>>Brutal Sports FB - late July
>>Double Dragon 5 - August
>>Flashback - August
>>Kick Off 3 - August
>>Soccer Kid - August
>>Zzyorxx 2 - December
>>Troy Aikman NFL - September

>Judging from what was at the CES, this is unrealistic too.

Not really. BSF will probably be shipping in a few weeks, and the other
titles will probably be out in October (but not August). The above picture
paints a "best-case" scenario, which probably won't happen.

/Kevin

>-Kraig

Gordon Craick

Jul 13, 1994, 2:44:19 AM7/13/94
>Theme Park
>SYNDICATE
>Zool 2
>Battlewheels
>Dragon
>Demolition Man
>CD games?: Blue Lightning, Battlemorph, Freelancer
>Brook

I have heard of these titles too, however they all don't seem to be
talked about from Atari in the last while, so they must be a way from
competion IMO

--
Gordon Craick -> pr...@zikzak.apana.org.au - my short boring tag (tm)

Kent Frechette

Jul 13, 1994, 12:27:02 PM7/13/94
In article <12JUL199...@rosie.uh.edu>,

Get the fu*k outa here, dillhole! What, if anything, useful have you added
to any conversation around here? Perhaps you're just jaded over the fact
that Shockwave yanks it big time, and you've wasted yet another large
chunk of change on Trip's mechanical turd. Poor guy, I actually feel sorry
for the 3DlOser.

Kent Frechette

pet...@meena.cc.uregina.ca

Jul 13, 1994, 2:41:55 PM7/13/94
In a previous article, pr...@zikzak.apana.org.au (Gordon Craick) wrote:
>>Theme Park
>>SYNDICATE
>>Zool 2
>>Battlewheels
>>Dragon
>>Demolition Man
>>CD games?: Blue Lightning, Battlemorph, Freelancer
>>Brook
>
>I have heard of these titles too, however they all don't seem to be
>talked about from Atari in the last while, so they must be a way from
>competion IMO

In the third party list released by Atari about a month and a half ago,
Syndicate was slated as "third quarter 94" - that HAS to be before Christmas!
:-)

There have been little tidbits in magazines every now and then about the other
games listed above - they all seem to be actually "in the pipeline" - Hell,
Freelancer seemed in a pretty advanced state 3 months ago....

Brook

Chuck McGinley

Jul 13, 1994, 4:25:40 PM7/13/94
In article <3014km$o...@hatteras.cs.unc.edu> frec...@cs.unc.edu (Kent Frechette) writes:

>Get the fu*k outa here, dillhole! What, if anything, useful have you added
>to any conversation around here? Perhaps you're just jaded over the fact
>that Shockwave yanks it big time, and you've wasted yet another large
>chunk of change on Trip's mechanical turd. Poor guy, I actually feel sorry
>for the 3DlOser.
>
>Kent Frechette

Kent, when I was a net.newbie I went into a tirade with Kevin about the ST
computer that was unjustified. If I remember correctly you were jumping all
over me (rightly I might add) for being an idiot. The post from above is
not the same person I remember. I too disagree with your *BAD* assesment of
shockwave, but chose not to respond. I am trying to return the favor to you
by reminding you that posts like the above make you look similar to 180 deg.
And I as a 3do owner would never want to be compared to Fritz. Although my
first post made me sound like him.

Happy gaming
Chuck McGinley
mcgi...@ll.mit.edu

Kent Frechette

Jul 14, 1994, 11:50:47 AM7/14/94
In article <1994Jul13....@ll.mit.edu>,

Sorry, I blame it all on the negative effects of full-motion video.

Kraig is still a bonehead, but I'm sorry if I acted in poor judgement.
Thanks for having the tact, and class, to point it out.

Kent Frechette...big...white......different.

Richard C. Mills

Jul 13, 1994, 11:38:26 AM7/13/94
Kujawa, Kraig J. (st...@rosie.uh.edu) wrote:

: >Coming by end 1994:
: >
: >Doom - late July

: No way.

I agree. I would add at least 2-3 months for all of the above, except maybe
Brutal Sport FB.

-Richard Mills

Kujawa, Kraig J.

Jul 15, 1994, 6:13:00 PM7/15/94
In article <1994Jul13.1...@ccd.harris.com>, rmi...@ccd.harris.com (Richard C. Mills) writes...
Well, I think Double Dragon 5 could easily be out by August, and even Flash
back.

-Kraig

Scott Campbell

Jul 18, 1994, 11:21:25 PM7/18/94
: Ray Man - November
: Iron Soldier - November
Although this was full of bullshit is thier any truth to these games
being out by november or will we be seeing these two at the next to CES
as almost finished games.

Also will Ultra Vortex really be out before Kasume(sic) Ninja?

Kendell Huntsman

Jul 21, 1994, 6:05:52 PM7/21/94
Scott Campbell (sco...@fx.net) wrote:
: : Ray Man - November

Nope. It won't be out until late Oct/Nov (Hey...What are you supposed to
do when an artist flakes on you???)

| Tim @ Beyond Games, Inc. E-mail: tim.hu...@m.cc.utah.edu |
| |
| Beyond Games, Inc. Phone#: (801)531-8500 *order/info* |
| PO Box 2754 Fax #: (801)531-1620 *yep..a fax* |
| Salt Lake City, UT 84110 <<Jaguar, 3DO,Lynx is our business>> |
| |
| **Gentlemen! There will be no fighting in here! This is the War Room!** |