SMS "Schtroumpfs 2" info needed

146 vues

Mikko Heinonen

non lue,
26 mars 2000, 03:00:0026/03/2000

Hi guys,

I found this SMS cart, "Les Schtroumpfs au tour de monde" aka
"Schtroumpfs 2", on holiday in the Czech Republic, and picked it up
because the release year (1996) caught my attention - I never knew SMS
games were made that late. Anyway, I'm having trouble finding this
from the cart listings online - anyone have info on this? The code is
MK-27085-50, and Infogrames is the publisher. The pics at the below
URLs are crap (my still video camera is past its glory days), but they
ought to give some sort of an idea. I also brought an extra one for
trade, in case anyone's interested (I'm more into Saturn/Genesis stuff
myself). Feel free to reply via e-mail, I only get to read this group
once or twice a week.

So :

http://netti.nic.fi/~mikkohoo/peijoonit/smurf/smurf1.JPG
http://netti.nic.fi/~mikkohoo/peijoonit/smurf/smurf2.JPG

Thanks,

Mikko/Pelikonepeijoonit

http://zap.to/peijoonit

Cadimus

Mikko Heinonen <mikk...@nic.fi> wrote:

> I found this SMS cart, "Les Schtroumpfs au tour de monde" aka
> "Schtroumpfs 2", on holiday in the Czech Republic, and picked it up
> because the release year (1996) caught my attention - I never knew SMS
> games were made that late.

What you found is a France only release of Smurf. No other version of
Smurf was released anywhere or in any other languages. And yes SMS
games were still being produced that late but mainly in Europe. USA
hasn't seen any new SMS release for about a decade now.

It's not listed because most list I found refer only to USA games or to
USA/UK games. Some has Austrilla and Brazil (Brazil has Segas Master
System 3, released a few years ago) but I am not aware of France release
list. As you can see, Smurf for SMS is one of the few rarest SMS games.

Any chance you'll part with that? I 'd like to have it.
--
Email address *is* valid.
PayPal is free to use. For a limited time, you can get a $5 bonus for

Tom J

Cadimus <DoNo...@mac.com> wrote in message

> Mikko Heinonen <mikk...@nic.fi> wrote:
>
> > I found this SMS cart, "Les Schtroumpfs au tour de monde" aka
> > "Schtroumpfs 2", on holiday in the Czech Republic, and picked it up
> > because the release year (1996) caught my attention - I never knew SMS
> > games were made that late.
>
> What you found is a France only release of Smurf. No other version of
> Smurf was released anywhere or in any other languages. And yes SMS
> games were still being produced that late but mainly in Europe. USA
> hasn't seen any new SMS release for about a decade now.

What you've actually found is not the original Smurfs game as you rightly
pointed out. It is a sequel. I didn't actually know this one existed. Wow!
Any chance of loaning it to a ROM dumper?

The original Smurfs game (which this isn't) is an absolute classic. There's
a review of it on my web page. It was simply called "les Schtroumphs" and
had multilingual packaging and instructions although the French language was
more prominent than any other. It was released in 1994 and to the best of
my knowledge, was available in the UK as well as France...probably much of
Europe too.

Tom
http://www.classic-gaming.co.uk
(Including the SMS rarity list)

Game Lord

non lue,
27 mars 2000, 03:00:0027/03/2000
> What you found is a France only release of Smurf. No other version of
> Smurf was released anywhere or in any other languages. And yes SMS
> games were still being produced that late but mainly in Europe. USA
> hasn't seen any new SMS release for about a decade now.
>
> It's not listed because most list I found refer only to USA games or to
> USA/UK games. Some has Austrilla and Brazil (Brazil has Segas Master
> System 3, released a few years ago) but I am not aware of France release
> list. As you can see, Smurf for SMS is one of the few rarest SMS games.
>
> Any chance you'll part with that? I 'd like to have it.

That is a sweet find. To tell you, I never heard of it. I did have the
knowledge of SMS games still being produced somewhere in the world, most
notably Brazil. Clint's Foreign SMS list of course does not list it. I
also have never seen Super SF II on there either. Somewhere I came across
another SMS site, of which I cannot remember the address. I believe they
do not list either of these titles. Hmmm...how are these discovered
anyway, and why are they not put on the lists, especially if these lists
are still active and updated, or so the maintainers claim.
Can we say that there are a good number of other games that are not listed
nor have been discovered? How can we stay upon what has been released in
Brazil, and still is being released?
Man, now I have something else to worry about, not that I ever did worry,
but finding out about more titles that may be in extremely limited
quantity, will I ever get them . Well, gives me something to do. Hopefully
I can plan a trip to Brazil one of these days. Should I find anything
unknown, I will let all know.
Next to the 5200, the SMS is the one system that I really want to have a
complete collection, meaning ALL worldwide titles. It will happen...oh yes.

GL

o[Err0r]o

non lue,
27 mars 2000, 03:00:0027/03/2000
> I also have never seen Super SF II on there either.

Super Street Fighter II for the SMS? Where!?
I nevre knew that made Super Street Fighter II for the SMS!

> the SMS is the one system that I really want to have a
> complete collection, meaning ALL worldwide titles. It will happen...oh yes.

Yah me too, all games i've gotten for the past year *over 20* have
included Box/Instructions and in mint condition, all my games are
that way except for a few *sniffle*! It is my primary goal to get every
game ever made for it though.

o[Err0r]o

--
.-.
/v\

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 20:01:50 GMT, mikk...@nic.fi (Mikko Heinonen)
wrote:

>I found this SMS cart, "Les Schtroumpfs au tour de monde" aka
>"Schtroumpfs 2", on holiday in the Czech Republic, and picked it up
>because the release year (1996) caught my attention - I never knew SMS

>games were made that late. Anyway, I'm having trouble finding this
>from the cart listings online - anyone have info on this? The code is
>MK-27085-50, and Infogrames is the publisher. The pics at the below
>URLs are crap (my still video camera is past its glory days), but they
>ought to give some sort of an idea. I also brought an extra one for
>trade, in case anyone's interested (I'm more into Saturn/Genesis stuff
>myself). Feel free to reply via e-mail, I only get to read this group
>once or twice a week.
>So :
>http://netti.nic.fi/~mikkohoo/peijoonit/smurf/smurf1.JPG
>http://netti.nic.fi/~mikkohoo/peijoonit/smurf/smurf2.JPG

Just to add:

after discovering that such a lot of people were interested in the
Smurfs 2, I wrote to my girlfriend who's working in the Czech Rep. for
the spring. She had gone to the store today and found 3 additional
ones, which she had bought and will be sending to me by mail tomorrow.
I should get these by next week (unless they get stuck in customs,
which will delay them for a couple of weeks), so I now have at least 1
additional copy, new, unopened and sealed, to trade (and even more in
case the trades I have pending don't pull through). So, in case anyone
still wants a copy, I'm open to suggestions: anyone got a Saturn
"universal converter" or a memory card, or some Sega CDs / Sat games,
for example?

Cheers,

Mikko/Pelikonepeijoonit
http://zap.to/peijoonit