LF: Stern Bowler Eprom Image

HobbyRoms

Apr 5, 2007, 6:55:59 AM4/5/07

This is probably a long shot,
but I'm looking for the eprom images for a Stern Bowler.

From what I can see, this "may" be a prototype machine
because I can not find any info on it anywhere.

It is NOT a Black Beauty nor a Spares & Strikes.
(It only says "Bowler", and was made by Stern )

It does however use the Stern MPU-200 board.

It has four 2716 eproms. (U1, U2, U5, U6)

From the remains on the labels, I can see :

TKG4-V 3Nt (U1)
TKG4-C 3Ot (U2)
TKG4-V 3Pt (U5)
?????? (U6)

If anyone has any info, or better yet,
copies of these eprom images, I would very grateful.
(remove spam header or reply back to info .AT. hobbyroms DOT com )

Thanks,
Steph
www.Hobbyroms.com

Mark C. Spaeth

Apr 5, 2007, 8:47:04 AM4/5/07
In rec.games.video.arcade.collecting HobbyRoms <in...@spamthishobbyroms.com> wrote:
:
: This is probably a long shot,

: but I'm looking for the eprom images for a Stern Bowler.
:
: From what I can see, this "may" be a prototype machine
: because I can not find any info on it anywhere.
:
: It is NOT a Black Beauty nor a Spares & Strikes.
: (It only says "Bowler", and was made by Stern )
:
: It does however use the Stern MPU-200 board.
:
: It has four 2716 eproms. (U1, U2, U5, U6)
:
: From the remains on the labels, I can see :
:
: TKG4-V 3Nt (U1)
: TKG4-C 3Ot (U2)
: TKG4-V 3Pt (U5)
: ?????? (U6)

Looks like someone erased and reburned Donkey Kong EPROMS.

--
Mark Spaeth msp...@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 msp...@mit.edu

test...@mchsi.com

Apr 5, 2007, 11:06:59 AM4/5/07
On Apr 5, 7:47 am, "Mark C. Spaeth" <mspa...@mit.edu> wrote:

> In rec.games.video.arcade.collecting HobbyRoms <i...@spamthishobbyroms.com> wrote:
> :
> : This is probably a long shot,
> : but I'm looking for the eprom images for a Stern Bowler.
> :
> : From what I can see, this "may" be a prototype machine
> : because I can not find any info on it anywhere.
> :
> : It is NOT a Black Beauty nor a Spares & Strikes.
> : (It only says "Bowler", and was made by Stern )
> :
> : It does however use the Stern MPU-200 board.
> :
> : It has four 2716 eproms. (U1, U2, U5, U6)
> :
> : From the remains on the labels, I can see :
> :
> : TKG4-V 3Nt (U1)
> : TKG4-C 3Ot (U2)
> : TKG4-V 3Pt (U5)
> : ?????? (U6)
>
> Looks like someone erased and reburned Donkey Kong EPROMS.
>
> --
> Mark Spaeth mspa...@mtl.mit.edu
> 50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspa...@mit.edu

U6 must be TKG4-C 3Ft ........ Sorry I just had to be a smart a$$

but seriously have you done a compare on the roms (that you can read)
with other game roms for the MPU-200?

dragster73

Apr 5, 2007, 4:47:08 PM4/5/07
I probably have what you need. Do you have a picture you can send me of the
front of the game? It was made by Monroe in the eighties. I had one at one
time and i remember saving the software.

My e-mail address is drags...@hotmail.com

<test...@mchsi.com> wrote in message

greg...@nortelnetworks.com

Apr 15, 2007, 5:06:46 PM4/15/07
Jerry,

A big *Thank you* for saving that bowler !

The EPROM image you provided us was:
- the correct one for that 'obscure' Stern (Monroe) bowler;
- it fixed the problem !

(the actual problem was that the original bowler U5 EPROM,
although apparently having the proper image (when Steph of
HobbyRoms looked at it), was not working properly in-circuit;
I knew the EPROMs were the problem since the MPU flashed
only 5 times instead of 7; yet, with the EPROMs from my Stern
Catacomb pinball (U1, U2, U5, U6, all also 2716),
the same MPU was working fine).

Also Many Thanks to Steph at HobbyRoms for the post,
and for programming the EPROMs for me!

Regards,
- Sylvain.