It's been a while...

Steril707

Apr 20, 2012, 1:23:10 AM4/20/12
Hey guys,

have been away from Vectrexland for a time.

Hope you people (especially Richard H., Vectorzoa and Parabellum) are
all fine. :)

Greets from rainy Munich/Bavaria/Germany,
Michael

(btw, my two vectrex games are still available for download on
http://borrmann.in)

chrispar...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2012, 9:02:10 AM4/20/12
Good to see you back Michael,

I only recently played VecFu for the first time and was amazed how good it was, how smoothly it played... well worthy of a boxed release ;)

From a persistently rainy England

cNp

Mittens

Apr 23, 2012, 3:27:58 PM4/23/12
On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 06:23:10 +0100, Steril707 <Ster...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Greets from rainy Munich/Bavaria/Germany,
> Michael
>
> (btw, my two vectrex games are still available for download on
> http://borrmann.in)

I have just been playing VecFu for the first time on my Vectrex. Excellent
work! Well done!

-- mittens

vectrexmuseum.com

Apr 24, 2012, 9:27:22 PM4/24/12
On Friday, April 20, 2012 7:23:10 AM UTC+2, Steril707 wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> have been away from Vectrexland for a time.

HI Michael,

nice your back! Do you have plans to create a new Vectrex Game ?
I am looking out for a Vectrex Museum 30 Year Anniversary Game ;-)

Greetings from sunny Berlin, Germany

Oliver | http://vectrexmuseum.com

Steril707

Apr 26, 2012, 7:17:57 AM4/26/12
Hello again,

well, I am certainly looking unto doing something again for the Vectrex.
I have a couple of unfinished demos lying around. Maybe one of them will make it into a new game.... :)

The Vectrex is actually standing right in front of me at my working place. When I have a little time off from my normal programming duties, I love to play a game of Thrust and YASI from time to time... ;)

I just noticed I lost my VecFlash Serial to mini jack cable on my last moving to a new flat though... Hope i can solder something.

Anybody any info what I need to connect there for the cable to work?

Richard H.

Apr 27, 2012, 11:03:21 AM4/27/12
> Anybody any info what I need to connect there for the cable to work?

plug serial port
------ --------------

Tip pin 3 (TXD)
Middle pin 2 (RXD)
Base pin 5 (GND)

parabellum

May 8, 2012, 4:36:59 AM5/8/12
Hi Michael,

Hope you're doing well, Glad to see you back in business :)

Franck.

hcmffm

May 8, 2012, 6:38:09 PM5/8/12
Good to read that you are back, Michael. I haven't tried the Blocks, yet,
but your VecFu is really a great game. Any plans for another Vectrex game?

- Helmut

PS: Once I retire I will try and start programming a Vectrex game myself,
but this will not happen before the year 2032. :-/

Steril707

May 10, 2012, 9:15:27 AM5/10/12
Hello franck,

thanks, man... ;)

trying out something new

http://www.xup.in/dl,16205507/test.BIN/

please ignore the "vec-Fu" startscreen, and just click on button 4 a couple of times.

have fun,
greets,
Michael

Steril707

May 10, 2012, 9:05:20 AM5/10/12
Hello Franck,

thanks, man... :)

I am trying something out at the moment, let's see if it will work out as I planned..

http://www.xup.in/dl,16205507/test.BIN/

you can see some first impressions here..

unfortunately still the vec-fu title screen (as a placeholder), and you need to click a couple of times after that to see the action..

Let's see how this pans out. First off I need to code a proper tool for making my own vector lists... ;)

Have fun,
see ya,
greets to all,
Michael

Steril707

May 11, 2012, 3:59:52 AM5/11/12
Damn, I thought it didn't get my first post... :D

VectrexMad!

May 15, 2012, 12:24:12 PM5/15/12
On May 11, 8:59 am, Steril707 <Steril...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Damn, I thought it didn't get my first post... :D

I tried the binary. Interesting. What's the game plan?

VectrexMad!
http://www.vectrex.co.uk

Steril707

May 22, 2012, 8:31:57 AM5/22/12
Some kind of shooter... :)

hcmffm

Jun 25, 2012, 6:55:25 PM6/25/12
Took a while till I noticed that test.bin contains a very early version of a
new game. VecFu was really a very positive surprise, would be cool if you
continued your Vectrex game development, Michael!

- Helmut

PS:
Did you visit the Retrobörse in Bochum in 2011? A person was interested in a
72-in-1 multicart, and I wonder whether this person was you.